PDA

View Full Version : OL-Men for the ZBS

Oaktown1981
11-14-2007, 10:23 AM
How would you rank the top 5 OL-Men in each position that can play in the ZBS.

Thanks for your time.

Don Vito
11-14-2007, 10:31 AM
1. Jake Long (RT, LT)
2. Ryan Clady (LT)
3. Sam Baker (LT)
4. Tony Hills Jr. (LT, if he recovers from injury)
5. Jeremy Zuttah (OT, OG)

Those are the top guys I can think of. Gosder Cherilus has played in a ZBS this year at BC but I don't think he is a good fit, and guys like Barry Richardson and Chris Williams have athleticism but I see them as more of man to man guys who will thrive in run blocking (Williams is a great pass blocker with athleticism too, I just don't see him in the ZBS).

Solomon
11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Andrew Crummy of Maryland and Notre Dame's John Sullivan should also be good fits in a ZBS. They're both technically sound, very coachable and athletic.

Jughead10
11-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Andrew Crummy of Maryland and Notre Dame's John Sullivan should also be good fits in a ZBS. They're both technically sound, very coachable and athletic.

I was going to say Sullivan as well when it comes to centers.

Jonny
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Zuttah can play either OT spot in a ZBS. He's a guard or center in a man scheme though. His bookend Pedro Sosa also plays LT in a ZBS, even though he's played man in the past and should be able to bulk up and do it again.

no love
11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Alex Mack center for Cal. Athletic, strong and smart enough to play in a zbs. The is one underrated quality of the zbs, it requires a lot more understanding of the scheme and what the offense is trying to do, how the runner will cut back, etc.

Solomon
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Alex Mack center for Cal. Athletic, strong and smart enough to play in a zbs. The is one underrated quality of the zbs, it requires a lot more understanding of the scheme and what the offense is trying to do, how the runner will cut back, etc.

Yeah Mack would be a good fit if he declares this year. Another good jr C is Antoine Caldwell of Bama.

Woody56
11-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Duane Brown like his predecessor Brandon Frye are good fits in the ZBS