PDA

View Full Version : Does this QB class make you fall asleep?

crazyisme
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
this years QB class really makes me yawn, is there any reason to really get excited over any of these guys?

11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
most of the class really does except matt ryan and colt brennan

HoopsDemon12
11-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I like Woodson and Ryan.. other than that i dont really have any guys that stnd out to me.. at all

SeanTaylorRIP
11-14-2007, 05:39 PM
This QB class can produce at least 5 regular starters.

Smokey Joe
11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
it doesn't have that one truly elite QB, but it has a bunch of solid prospects.

Babylon
11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I'd take Brohm over Leinart,Cutler,Vince and Russell so to me that would be elite. I think what's hurting QBs right now is the total ineptness of guys like Alex Smith and a couple of the ones i mentioned. Doesnt make you want to rush out and draft a QB.

11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I'd take Brohm over Leinart,Cutler,Vince and Russell so to me that would be elite. I think what's hurting QBs right now is the total ineptness of guys like Alex Smith and a couple of the ones i mentioned. Doesnt make you want to rush out and draft a QB.

u gotta be kidding me?? i wouldnt take brohm over any of the guys u mentioned and most of em arent doing so bad anyways plus we havent even seen russell yet

BucSappy
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
This is a much better QB class than what we have seen lately. Maybe in the past 4 years.

11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
This is a much better QB class than what we have seen lately. Maybe in the past 4 years.

maybe except for the fact its missing one elite player. every first round projected QB in this class is a debatable franchise QB.

toonsterwu
11-14-2007, 06:10 PM
This QB class has depth and could provide a lot of guys that will be in the NFL for awhile, but I don't really see a elite QB in this bunch. I think you could see several solid starters. Out of the top 3, I think Ryan's got the best chance for that to happen, even though I think Woodson has more potential. Brohm's got the highest floor. The QB I'm most intrigued with is probably Joe Flacco, and he probably falls somewhere from the 2nd-4th rounds.

Babylon
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
u gotta be kidding me?? i wouldnt take brohm over any of the guys u mentioned and most of em arent doing so bad anyways plus we havent even seen russell yet

You wouldnt take Brohm over any of those guys?, you have to be kidding me.

11-14-2007, 06:16 PM

whats with u and hyping up all these louisville guys lol

Green Bay Scat
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
i really like Josh Johnson as a darkhorse, if he gets to about 215lbs, i think he will be fine in the NFL.

P-L
11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
The only guy I would even consider taking Brohm over is Matt Leinart, but I'm not so sure I would. Vince Young, Jay Cutler, and JaMarcus Russell all possessed FAR superior tools than Brian Brohm does.

Green Bay Scat
11-14-2007, 06:23 PM
The only guy I would even consider taking Brohm over is Matt Leinart, but I'm not so sure I would. Vince Young, Jay Cutler, and JaMarcus Russell all possessed FAR superior tools than Brian Brohm does.

i really look at Jamarcus as a taller,blacker Cutler

Babylon
11-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Russell we dont really know about yet but Vince, Leinart and Cutler have really struggled this year, i guess that doesnt say much for Brohm that people would take these others over him.

BrownsTown
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Russell we dont really know about yet but Vince, Leinart and Cutler have really struggled this year, i guess that doesnt say much for Brohm that people would take these others over him.

Vince has no weapons. Leinart has no Oline and is injured. Cutler isn't struggling at all, you serious? He's not playing lights out but I wouldn't say he's struggling.

Brohm isn't a better prospect than Russell, Leinart, Young, Cutler, Quinn, etc. And I actually think he's the best QB prospect in the draft. Unfortunately doesn't mean he's an elite prospect.

11-14-2007, 06:41 PM

hows cutler struggling when he has a 84.8 QB rating

SenorGato
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I think Brohm's a little underrated nowadays. I like him as a pro.

I also like Erik Ainge, but it seems like I'm the only one anymore.

Love Matt Ryan. He plays alot like Romo does...amazing vision of the field and always willing to pass. Seeings as guys like Romo and Brady have added arm strength as they filled out, I like how he projects really well. He'll need time to sit on the bench, but the guy could be a very, very good QB.

Babylon
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
hows cutler struggling when he has a 84.8 QB rating

The team is 4 and 5 and he's got 9 tds to 9 int, to me that isnt great. As for someone mentioning Vince Young when he has a good game he's great and when he doesnt he has lousy receivers. I dont think he's a good passer period.

11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
The team is 4 and 5 and he's got 9 tds to 9 int, to me that isnt great. As for someone mentioning Vince Young when he has a good game he's great and when he doesnt he has lousy receivers. I dont think he's a good passer period.

young hasnt reached his full potential just yet this is his second season for goodness sake. cant be so quick to judge.

diabsoule
11-14-2007, 07:07 PM
This QB class has depth and could provide a lot of guys that will be in the NFL for awhile, but I don't really see a elite QB in this bunch. I think you could see several solid starters. Out of the top 3, I think Ryan's got the best chance for that to happen, even though I think Woodson has more potential. Brohm's got the highest floor. The QB I'm most intrigued with is probably Joe Flacco, and he probably falls somewhere from the 2nd-4th rounds.

Matt Ryan reminds me of Brett Favre a little bit. I don't know if that comparison is accurate or not.

I also like Joe Flacco. I'd really like to see what he can do.

A Perfect Score
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
there isnt a QB in this class who i would take to be my franchise QB...which raelly sucks, cause the ravens need a QB badly...but they all have some major flaws ie. woodsons release, brohms injury history, etc. I dunno, none of them have star power for me. I wouldnt take any of them over Young, Cutler, Russell, Quinn, or Leinart.

Babylon
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
young hasnt reached his full potential just yet this is his second season for goodness sake. cant be so quick to judge.

Then dont be so quick to judge this years class.

NYGibril28
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
It makes me fall asleep, but sometimes I wake up with wood...

Babylon
11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
It makes me fall asleep, but sometimes I wake up with wood...

You been checking out Tebow's old lady again?

bigbluedefense
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I like Andre Woodson the most. Ryan reminds me of Chad Pennington pre-shoulder surgery. Not enough zip on his throws.

Brohm is solid, but Id have him pegged as a 2nd round qb. The only guy I see thats potentially an elite "prospect" (emphasis on prospect) is Woodson.

11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
I like Andre Woodson the most. Ryan reminds me of Chad Pennington pre-shoulder surgery. Not enough zip on his throws.

Brohm is solid, but Id have him pegged as a 2nd round qb. The only guy I see thats potentially an elite "prospect" (emphasis on prospect) is Woodson.

matt ryans arm is underrated. hes got as good an arm as any other top QB in this class. he can flatout throw a fastball at any time he wants in the right situation. his gunslnger mentality reminds me more of a tony romo or brett favre because of his unprecedented athleticism.

no love
11-15-2007, 03:34 PM

I agree with you on Ryan, he just never seems to put a lot of mustard on the ball even when he has time.

Brohm I think can still be a first round qb, I don't think he is going to get passed up by Detroit, Chicago, Carolina, Tampa, Baltimore and Jacksonville. I guess he is not "elite" but for qb's the standard is a bit skewed ie. Alex Smith, Rogers, Campbell, Losman etc. all first rounders.

cowboysforever
11-15-2007, 03:36 PM
All the QBs are back-ups except maybe from Brohm.

But given the lack of QB talent in the NFL -- I am sure all will go high.

Hey Alex Smith looks like dog pooh, a weaker armed Kerry Collins, throwing and he went #1.

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 03:36 PM
maybe except for the fact its missing one elite player. every first round projected QB in this class is a debatable franchise QB.

Woodson or Ryan might be elite though by April. If they blow people away at combine/Senior Bowl, they have the chance to be elite. But Woodson is a better decision maker imo, so he has a better chance of being elite than Ryan does.

Michigan
11-15-2007, 04:02 PM
this is probably one of the better qb classes IMO. Sure, there isn't a Russell, Leinart, or Young, but there are at least 6 guys who have good chances to be solid starters.

bigbluedefense
11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I think most of them grade out as round 2 talents based on their body of work, but we should see at least 2 of them go in the 1st round based strictly on the fact that so many teams are in the need of a quarterback.

mqtirishfan
11-15-2007, 05:37 PM

It's all about how they look as prospects. It's unfair to judge any NFL QB to a college QB performance wise. When drafting a player, you don't have the luxary of knowing how they'll do in the future.

11-15-2007, 05:40 PM
It's all about how they look as prospects. It's unfair to judge any NFL QB to a college QB performance wise. When drafting a player, you don't have the luxary of knowing how they'll do in the future.

ok then judge them equally when they were coming out. if brohm was in the same class as those other QBs mentioned he would be the last of em all to go.

bored of education
11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I think Woodson will be very solid.
Ryan will be servicable starter.
Brohm i just don't know.

Travis 24
11-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I like Brohm the most...then its basically a tie from Woodson/Ryan/Johnson to me...I don't think Brennan will do **** in the NFL.

Travis 24
11-15-2007, 10:00 PM
And yes, I would take Brohm over Leinart, Cutler, Young, Russell, Quinn as well...He's better than all of them.

11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
And yes, I would take Brohm over Leinart, Cutler, Young, Russell, Quinn as well...He's better than all of them.

o man just wait til russell touches the football and reminds ppl why he was the top pick again

crazyisme
11-15-2007, 11:35 PM
I think most of them grade out as round 2 talents based on their body of work, but we should see at least 2 of them go in the 1st round based strictly on the fact that so many teams are in the need of a quarterback.

there are a lot of teams out there that could use a QB, but not many that are desperate, id say the only ones are really BMore, Atlanta, and Minnesota.....other than that, you could make a decent case for majority of the other teams to not draft one,,,

but i agree, i see Brohm and Ryan going in the first, itll be interesting to see where Woodson goes, as a viking fan, id almost take the gamble to see if we could get woodson in the 2nd

naruto613
11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Ok...this is easily the most stacked QB class in the past 5 years....Period

Brohm
Brennan
Woodson
Dixon
Ryan

All first rounders

BucSappy
11-16-2007, 01:03 AM
If this QB class puts you to sleep, just wait till next year.

Nate Langshore
Graham Harrell
Hunter Cantwell (lots of potential but hasn't played much)
Todd Boeckman
Cullen Harper
Tim Tebow (Jr.)
Chase Daniels
Chase Holbrook
Curtis Painter

Lots of mid round prospects there. Only first round talents imo are Cantwell, Tebow (who I'm not that high on to begin with), and Boeckman (who I am a big fan of).

Paranoidmoonduck
11-16-2007, 01:32 AM
This current crop of quarterbacks is pretty poor compared to the last few years, but I see a few things to like.

I find bigbluedefense's comparison of Matt Ryan to Chad Pennington interesting. I think the two play fairly similar, but I also think that Ryan can flat out make more throws than Pennington. He doesn't throw many bullets, but he's made some throws this season that I've never seen Chad even attempt at either level.

Woodson has nice potential, but the deliberate decision making and throwing motion worry me a little. Brohm has a lot to like mechanics wise, but I'm not sure I see a very high ceiling there.

Ryan is definitely my #1 right now, but I think that whichever quarterback gets taken first will be overdrafted.

no love
11-16-2007, 01:41 AM
This current crop of quarterbacks is pretty poor compared to the last few years, but I see a few things to like.

I find bigbluedefense's comparison of Matt Ryan to Chad Pennington interesting. I think the two play fairly similar, but I also think that Ryan can flat out make more throws than Pennington. He doesn't throw many bullets, but he's made some throws this season that I've never seen Chad even attempt at either level.

Woodson has nice potential, but the deliberate decision making and throwing motion worry me a little. Brohm has a lot to like mechanics wise, but I'm not sure I see a very high ceiling there.

Ryan is definitely my #1 right now, but I think that whichever quarterback gets taken first will be overdrafted.

Good points, I really liken Woodson to Leftwich in many ways. He is probably more athletic, but his delivery isn't exactly a quick release (has that windmill style) and he tries to force things too often.

Chad could actually make most throws in the beginning, before he got more work done on his shoulder than Michael Jacksons nose. If Ryan turned out to be as efficient, accurate and as tough as Chad, with his slightly better arm strength I see NO PROBLEM in taking him #1 overall. Of course, these are all big IFS

Babylon
11-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Matt Ryan just makes plays, simple as that.

superfly69
11-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Actually I like this QB class. We have three 1st round guys in Ryan, Woodson and Brohm. Then a solid group of 2nd tier guys like Brennan and Dixon. I think Chad Henne and John David Booty are very overrated. Both can throw from the pocket but really struggle on the run when they are flushed out of the pocket. One name to keep an eye on is Joe Flacco from D1-AA Delaware. Kid has a big arm but plays in a short passing game offense so he doesn't get to show it off very often, but keep an ear to the ground, this kid can play.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Matt Ryan just makes plays, simple as that.

Much of that won't fly in the NFL though. Running a wheel 15 yards back and chucking up a prayer.

oldLibid21
11-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Not that it really has something to do with the topic, just quarterbacks in general for this draft.

I was looking at the older topics to look for some old posts I had, and I came across this topic:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8914

Notice Ryan only had 4 votes to be the best QB prospect to come out of this draft. It just goes to show you how big of a step Ryan had to climb onto this year, and he's done that so well. I voted Brohm btw.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
I like Dixon as a project. I think Brohm will be a good QB. Andre Woodson will be hit-miss, and I think Ryan is a bust in the making.

Babylon
11-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Much of that won't fly in the NFL though. Running a wheel 15 yards back and chucking up a prayer.

I agree but my point is he finds ways to make plays, its sort of an intangible you cant teach. Remember also in most of these games his team has less talent the the opposition. I think some of the things he needs to improve on like some bulk and a little more zip on his throws can be achieved in the weight room.

HoopsDemon12
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I'd take Brohm Leinart,Cutler,Vince and Russell over so to me that would be elite. I think what's hurting QBs right now is the total ineptness of guys like Alex Smith and a couple of the ones i mentioned. Doesnt make you want to rush out and draft a QB.

I wouldnt take brohm over Ryan or Woodson this year.... yet alone Leinart,Cutler,Vince and Russell. They were all fantastic prospects.. minus Russel.. iw as never high on him.

SchizophrenicBatman
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Matt Ryan will throw more interceptions than touchdowns over the course of his NFL career

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
The only guys I think are worth going first round are Woodson and Ryan.One of them could be elite but I dont see either one of them going in the top five.And I dont see anyone else who looks like they should be drafted in the first or even midway through the 2nd.