PDA

View Full Version : College football trades...

Scotty D
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Now I know this isn't possible, but I thought it would be an interesting thread that allows us to use our creative minds to come up with quality trades among the college ranks. There can be player for player, multiple players for a player, or even a player to be named later (like a future four star recruit) I'm working on a couple that I will post in a little bit.

soybean
11-14-2007, 10:43 PM
can i trade mike stoops, karl dorrell and bill doba for jim tressel, urban meyer and bob stoops?

on a serious note id trade any runningback on USC except joe mcknight for Knowshon Moreno.

Michigan
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Lloyd Carr + Mike DeBord for Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, or Steve Spurrier.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Amarri Jackson and Tyrone Mckenzie for Malcolm Kelly.

Then, USF would be a contender.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Longshore's on the trade block.I'll take a 1 star recruit for him.

Apriori
11-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Is Johnny Sears trade-able?
Michigan could use some depth at kicker...

Don Vito
11-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Gosder Cherilus for Duane Brown and Brandon Flowers

Turtlepower
11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
I'll trade the entire ASU offensive line for a jar of walnuts. =D

NYGibril28
11-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Virginia Tech trades Ed Wanf and Korey Robertson to Boston College for Gosder Cherilus.

brat316
11-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Temple University trades it team for the University of Miami(FL) second string.

portermvp84
11-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Iowa trades Jale Christenson for Colt Brennan.

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Michigan State trades Brian Hoyer for Jeff George.

Michigan State also trades their souls for a defense.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Is Johnny Sears trade-able?
Michigan could use some depth at kicker...

Lopata is the man.

Johnny Sears to Ohio State for Malcolm Jenkins.
Morgan Trent to Wisconsin for Jack Ikegwuonu.
Steve Schilling to Miami for Kenny Phillips.
Mike DeBord to the depths of hell (or Tennessee) for Eric Berry
Brandon Minor to USC for Joe McKnight.

Michigan
11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Lopata is the man.

Johnny Sears to Ohio State for Malcolm Jenkins.
Morgan Trent to Wisconsin for Jack Ikegwuonu.
Steve Schilling to Miami for Kenny Phillips.
Mike DeBord to the depths of hell for a player to be named later.
Brandon Minor to USC for Joe McKnight.

What do you have against those Trent and Minor? Trent has been a stud all year and Minor has been servicable as a backup...

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
What do you have against those Trent and Minor? Trent has been a stud all year and Minor has been servicable as a backup...

I wouldn't say Trent has been a stud. I'd say he's improved dramatically, but he's no stud. He's decent, but he's no Jack Ikegwuonu. Ike would also allow English to blitz a lot more.

Minor, I don't know about him. I really just want McKnight for the return aspect of things, and we could line him up in the slot and do stuff like that. But I forgot DeBord was our OC and wouldn't allow that. Minor's decent, but McKnight is a big play waiting to happen and would give us a legit returner.

Michigan
11-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't say Trent has been a stud. I'd say he's improved dramatically, but he's no stud. He's decent, but he's no Jack Ikegwuonu. Ike would also allow English to blitz a lot more.

Let's trade Brandon Harrison and Tim Jamison =)
Chris Graham can be thrown in too if the other team is willing to take the scholly hit.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Let's trade Brandon Harrison and Tim Jamison =)

Fine, twist my arm.

Brandon Harrison to USC for Sam Baker
Tim Jamison to Miami for Calais Campbell.
Chris Graham to Penn State for Dan Connor.

I'm building a ******* juggernaut here

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh and Tim McAvoy to Ole Miss for Mike Oher. Look at my squad

QB: Chad Henne
RB: Mike Hart
RB: Joe McKnight
WR: Mario Manningham
WR: Adrian Arrington
TE: Carson Butler
LT: Sam Baker
LG: Justin Boren
C: Adam Kraus
RG: Mike Oher
RT: Jake Long

DE: Calais Campbell
DT: Terrance Taylor
DT: Marques Slocum
DE: Brandon Graham
LB: Shawn Crable
LB: Dan Connor
CB1: Malcolm Jenkins
CB2: Jack Ikegwuonu
CB3: Donovan Warren
FS: Eric Berry, Tennessee (acquired in the Mike DeBord deal)
SS: Kenny Phillips

RET: Joe McKnight

My team rules, and this obviously would be 100% possible.

Michigan
11-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh and Tim McAvoy to Ole Miss for Mike Oher. Look at my squad

QB: Chad Henne
RB: Mike Hart
RB: Joe McKnight
WR: Mario Manningham
WR: Adrian Arrington
TE: Carson Butler
LT: Sam Baker
LG: Justin Boren
C: Adam Kraus
RG: Mike Oher
RT: Jake Long

DE: Calais Campbell
DT: Terrance Taylor
DT: Marques Slocum
DE: Brandon Graham
LB: Shawn Crable
LB: Dan Connor
CB1: Malcolm Jenkins
CB2: Jack Ikegwuonu
CB3: Donovan Warren
FS: Eric Berry, Tennessee (acquired in the Mike DeBord deal)
SS: Kenny Phillips

RET: Joe McKnight

My team rules, and this obviously would be 100% possible.

Pretty, except Johnson > Slocum and Trent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warren

Shane P. Hallam
11-15-2007, 03:37 PM
You don't get Jenkins, sorry.

DWilliams2IndyColts
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
JDB for Andre Woodson.

Shane P. Hallam
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
This thread is turning out realistic, lol.

DWilliams2IndyColts
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Me for JDB. USC's getting a steal.

soybean
11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
you may think this is stupid but I rather have JDB than woodson.

Shane P. Hallam
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
you may think this is stupid but I rather have JDB than woodson.

:o Really? What is that reasoning? This isn't your brothers JDB!

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Kentucky trades QB Andre' Woodson and TE Jacob Tamme to LSU for QB Matt Flynn, DT Al Woods, DL Will Blackwell, DB Chad Jones, G Will Arnold, WR DeAngelo Benton, and LB Ryan Baker (2008 recruit).

Getting Woodson and Tamme gives LSU a great chance to win out and get the National Championship with ease. They don't sacrifce any of their current starters, but do sacrifice some of their future, but a National Championship is worth it.

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 03:56 PM
JDB for Andre Woodson.

LOL. If you include Taylor Mays, Brian Cushing, and Terrell Thomas its a deal.

kwilk103
11-15-2007, 03:56 PM
wvu----any dominant receiver---kelly, bowman, sweed (before injury)

that would give white a go to receiver to pair with reynaud, to go along with slaton, schmitt, devine

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
:( wvu----any dominant receiver---kelly, bowman, sweed (before injury)

that would give white a go to receiver to pair with reynaud, to go along with slaton, schmitt, devine

wtf...who are you giving up for a player of kelly's caliber?

I mean I wouldn't give up Malcolm Kelly if I'm OU because there is no player on your team that I would want. They don't need a RB. Face it, WVU isn't that talented of a team they just win because they have a gimmick offense and Pat White is perfect for that gimmick offense.

soybean
11-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Woodson is obviously the better prospect by miles but I just think as a qb i rather have JDB because, yeah i know he threw 6 INTs in 2 games and lost against Stanford, but our whole team looked horrible those 2 games.

For woodson, he looked badd against south carolina, and single handedly lost them the game, kentucky was still playing good football. He looked good against florida and then layed an egg against mississippi state. also, he looked average against vandy.

Also woodson can throw the long ball much better but i question if he's willing to throw down the middle of the field and I know JDB has been rattled under pressure before but I question if Woodson would be able to ice a close game save LSU.

I'm not being homerish because there's still a lot of qb's id take over JDB: tebow, brennan, ainge, dixon, etc.

soybean
11-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll trade chauncey washington, CJ gable, and maybe Stafon for a backfield of
Jahvid Best, Knowshon Moreno, and a power back like... jacob hester?

kwilk103
11-15-2007, 04:10 PM
:(

wtf...who are you giving up for a player of kelly's caliber?

I mean I wouldn't give up Malcolm Kelly if I'm OU because there is no player on your team that I would want. They don't need a RB. Face it, WVU isn't that talented of a team they just win because they have a gimmick offense and Pat White is perfect for that gimmick offense.

i didnt know these had to be realistic

anyways we could always give up 3 players for 1; i guess fla wins cuz of a gimmick offense, same with oregon

if its a gimmick offense, why are college coming to morgantown in the offseason (osu, oregon just to name a few)

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 04:33 PM
For woodson, he looked badd against south carolina, and single handedly lost them the game, kentucky was still playing good football. He looked ok against florida and then layed an egg against mississippi state. also, he looked average against vandy.

Name one elite quarterback that has played great every game this year? Um yeah can't think of one.

Everything you just said I won't even acknowledge because you can't say he looked averaged against vandy BECAUSE YOU DID NOT SEE THE GAME!!!

It wasn't televised anywhere, and I doubt you have seen him play every game of the season like I have.

It goes very much unnoticed that Woodson lead the team down the field to win the game...again. But Matt Ryan still gets Heisman consideration lol.

He played great against Florida, not sure what game you were watching. Maybe because the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down might have had something to do with the loss.

He didn't singley handedly lose UK the game against SC. The OL and special teams made a ton of bad plays adn didn't protect Woodson enough. The first fumble is a prime example. Woodson did throw a bad pick in the red zone in that game, but thats the only really bad throw that comes to my mind. SC has one of the best passing defenses in the country, and they have a lot of speed on their DL and LB. Just a bad matchup for UK's offense and it is why they got dominated by Arkansas.

I put a ton of blame on Joker Phillips for that loss. He didn't run the ball nearly as much as he should have. SC has a pathetic run defense, and he didn't play matchups, he just htinks Kentucky can throw on everybody and they can't.

soybean
11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Name one elite quarterback that has played great every game this year? Um yeah can't think of one.

Everything you just said I won't even acknowledge because you can't say he looked averaged against vandy BECAUSE YOU DID NOT SEE THE GAME!!!

It wasn't televised anywhere, and I doubt you have seen him play every game of the season like I have.

He played great against Florida, not sure what game you were watching. Maybe because the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down might have had something to do with the loss.

He didn't singley handedly lose UK the game against SC. The OL and special teams made a ton of bad plays adn didn't protect Woodson enough. The first fumble is a prime example. Woodson did throw a bad pick in the red zone in that game, but thats the only really bad throw that comes to my mind. SC has one of the best passing defenses in the country, and they have a lot of speed on their DL and LB. Just a bad matchup for UK's offense and it is why they got dominated by Arkansas.

I put a ton of blame on Joker Phillips for that loss. He didn't run the ball nearly as much as he should have. SC has a pathetic run defense, and he didn't play matchups, he just htinks Kentucky can throw on everybody and they can't.

woops i meant to say stat wise. I live on the west so obviously i'm only going to see nationally televised games.

Regardless, I stand by what I said. Not a big andre woodson fan.

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
woops i meant to say stat wise. I live on the west so obviously i'm only going to see nationally televised games.

Regardless, I stand by what I said. Not a big andre woodson fan.

You didn't "mean to say stat wise." You want to look like you think like you know what you are talking about so no one calls you out as a total fraud. But its okay, your just a box score analyst.

It's okay. Just go by who the media is hyping, seems to work for the general public. Preseason everyone thought it was Brian Brohm. Matt Ryan has been getting a lot of undeserved hype lately and now everyone has him as their #1 QB.

soybean
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
You didn't "mean to say stat wise." You want to look like you think like you know what you are talking about so no one calls you out as a total fraud. But its okay, your just a box score analyst.

It's okay. Just go by who the media is hyping, seems to work for the general public. Preseason everyone thought it was Brian Brohm. Matt Ryan has been getting a lot of undeserved hype lately and now everyone has him as their #1 QB.

now you're just getting off topic. as COLLEGE qbs there are just some qbs i would take over woodson. personal preference. LIke last year I would have much rather have had troy smith than jamarcus or brady quinn.

Since you've watched every kentucky game you obviously have no basis for comparision.

Green Bay Scat
11-15-2007, 05:36 PM
you know i hate you guys talkin down on Vandy's D like that. U know we got the 23 best defense in the nation right? were top 25 omg, that cant be!?!?! vandy sucks LOLZZ!11!!!!1 the only reason we lose games is cause we dont got a QB(109 passing offense in the NATION, 45th in the run, 101 in total offense, and 98 scoring). If u WATCHED the Kent vs Vandy game u know that that game shouldve been tied but because our QB doesnt know how to throw u CONSTANTLY over or under threw the recievers out there. jackass's

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
LIke last year I would have much rather have had troy smith than jamarcus or brady quinn.

Shows how much you know about football right there. wow. You know, there was a reason he almost didn't got drafted.

Scotty D
11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Shows how much you know about football right there. wow. You know, there was a reason he almost didn't got drafted.

And a reason he won the heisman.

BucSappy
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
And a reason he won the heisman.

Wow, that puts him with the prestegious players such as Eric Crouch and Jason White.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Mike Ford + Ben Moffitt for Chris Long.

Selvie and Chris Long at End. Oy.