PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crabtree

supermario86
11-15-2007, 06:31 AM
I don't know much about him. Except that he might be the best frsh WR ever.

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
He's a RS Fr. and a former 4 star prospect and he is a product of the Texas Tech system.

He may prove me wrong but I can never trust anyone who comes out of a gimmicky offensive school like TT

RyanLeaf#1
11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
He's a RS Fr. and a former 4 star prospect and he is a product of the Texas Tech system.

He may prove me wrong but I can never trust anyone who comes out of a gimmicky offensive school like TT

Michael Crabtree is not a product of a gimmick offense. He is a legit pro prospect.

JT Jag
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Crabtree looks a lot like what Calvin Johnson would have been if he had played in a spread offense with a good quarterback. He's about as big, if a couple inches shorter.

11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
crabtree is not a product of a gimmick system. hes just been given ample opportunity to produce and being the legit prospect he truly is he has been able to put up the huge numbers he is capable of.

LonghornsLegend
11-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Ill be the first to admit, I didnt give him his respect as being as talented as his numbers were, or a decent prospect...But after watching the kid play the entire game vs Texas, and one other game, he is as legit as they come for a Freshman...Its honestly just the case of a very talented wr who chose to go to Tech because he knew he would get the ball more then anywhere else in the country...

Anyone who says he is a product of they system, im almost 100% sure they have never seen him play, he has all the tools you would ask for, and he made our secondary look like high schoolers many times...great hands, excellent speed(im curious what his 40 is), and he can run some great routes...being that he has all the physical attributes, and his stats will be some of the best we have ever seen for a wr seeing as how he is in that system is only going to help him...im not sure why he wasnt a 5 star prospect coming out, but he obviously has worked hard in his redshirt year because he is the real deal

zjstratton
11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
crabtree is a good wide receiver. he is in the right system. i would like to see him play, so i can see how good he is.

TigerBait45
11-16-2007, 11:00 PM
The system inflates his numbers, obviously, but the guy is far from a product of it.

He'd be putting up good numbers just about anywhere.

nhlkdog411
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM
crabtree has noewhere near CJ's speed, he was recruited as like a 4.5ishplus guy and you have to take into account that most highschool times are too low, whereas CJ ran a legit and official sub 4.4 at the combine..totally different speed

T-RICH49
11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
If I remember correctly he committed to KU but then backed out and went to Tech.Oh if he had come here

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 08:04 PM
And that catch shows how sick he is.

DWilliams2IndyColts
11-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Crabtree looks a lot like what Calvin Johnson would have been if he had played in a spread offense with a good quarterback. He's about as big, if a couple inches shorter.Are you questioning the ability of the great Reggie Ball :o ? I think he's legit, Tonight was the first time I've seen him play and he looks good.

Babylon
11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
It will be interesting to see how high his stock is next year, would have to be right there with Percy Harvin from what i've seen.

WildDude
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Hes gone next year thats for sure... Hes making the Oklahoma D look silly I know the system def helps him a bit but hes a 1,000 yard reciever anywhere, a bit full of himself but hey whatever works

jballa838
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Hes gone next year thats for sure... Hes making the Oklahoma D look silly I know the system def helps him a bit but hes a 1,000 yard reciever anywhere, a bit full of himself but hey whatever works
if i had that many catches, yards, and tds and i got no respect i'd be full of myself too.

RyanLeaf#1
11-17-2007, 10:01 PM

He's a freshman he isn't going nowhere after next season.

neko4
11-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Coming into Oklahoma Game
Harrell's Passing Yards: 4878
Harrell's Passing Yards w/o Crabtree: 3171
Numbers are abit rough because the backup Potts has also had like 400 yards and i dont know how many of his passes went to crabtree

draftguru151
11-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I just got 19 catches, 228 yards and 2 TDs with him on NCAA. He also fumbled twice and had like 3 drops, and I lost by 21.

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
He's a freshman he isn't going nowhere after next season.

He's a redshirt freshman. He could take the Sidney Rice rout.

RyanLeaf#1
11-17-2007, 10:53 PM
He's a redshirt freshman. He could take the Sidney Rice rout.

He wont do that. I personally think he will stay 2 more years after this year. Crabtree is a beast and I give Superkevin all the credit in the world. Me and him were talking on the opening weekend of college football and SuoerKevin told me to look out for Crabtree this year.

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
He wont do that. I personally think he will stay 2 more years after this year. Crabtree is a beast and I give Superkevin all the credit in the world. Me and him were talking on the opening weekend of college football and SuoerKevin told me to look out for Crabtree this year.

I'm just saying he is eligable. I think it all depends on the receiving class and I think next year's will be deep cause I see James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly, Mario Manningham, and Adrian Arrington all coming out next year. So I agree that he will stay 2 more years, but he can leave next year.

RyanLeaf#1
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm just saying he is eligable. I think it all depends on the receiving class and I think next year's will be deep cause I see James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly, Mario Manningham, and Adrian Arrington all coming out next year. So I agree that he will stay 2 more years, but he can leave next year.

Manningham is probably going to leave after this year, and I believe Arrington is a senior.

LonghornsLegend
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
He is making every top defense he faces look silly, he really plays faster then what people say his timed speed is

bored of education
11-17-2007, 11:48 PM
He is a good receiver

Michigan
11-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Manningham is probably going to leave after this year, and I believe Arrington is a senior.

Arrington is a RS Junior.

WildDude
11-18-2007, 12:25 AM
and James Hardy is pretty much gone this year as well as Malcom Kelly who woulda been the top 2 recievers taken next year

volman88
11-19-2007, 05:13 PM

I think he will leave after next year. The anouncers of that game said that he was also an excellent basketball player and was being recruited to play for bobby knight. He chose football because he believed that he had a better chance of going pro in football. He seems like the nfl is his no.1 goal, so i bet that he will go for that as soon as possible.

Shane P. Hallam
11-19-2007, 05:40 PM
I think he will leave after next year. The anouncers of that game said that he was also an excellent basketball player and was being recruited to play for bobby knight. He chose football because he believed that he had a better chance of going pro in football. He seems like the nfl is his no.1 goal, so i bet that he will go for that as soon as possible.

Seems strange though, if he thought he had the better ability to go pro, why go to Texas Tech?

volman88
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Seems strange though, if he thought he had the better ability to go pro, why go to Texas Tech?

He was recruited by bigger schools, but for example oklahoma wanted him to play db, and he wanted to play reciever so he went to texas tech.

etk
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM

Wasn't he the scout team MVP when he was redshirted? That's usually a good indicator of future success.

LonghornsLegend
11-23-2007, 02:32 AM
He was a beast in high school, if youve ever seen his high school highlights you will see the talent he had at that level, he went to Carter in Dallas, TX im pretty sure and Ive got his highschool highlight film somewhere on my computer...he was a qb in high school and has a cannon, but you can tell he's just a pure athlete out there, he knew he would be a standout player at Tech...He will get the ball more then any other school and he is instantly the best player on Tech's offense, he couldnt be in a better situation...

SenorGato
11-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Honestly, he reminds me alot of Andre Johnson.

Size, athleticism, hands, YAC ability, running style, speed...it's all there.

He'll be an elite draft prospect when he comes out.

Primetime21
11-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Honestly, he reminds me alot of Andre Johnson.

Size, athleticism, hands, YAC ability, running style, speed...it's all there.

He'll be an elite draft prospect when he comes out.

Very nice comparison.

What really impresses me about this kid is his ability to make something happen with screens. When I watched Tech they threw a lot of screen his ways and he showed some nice boost

energizerbunny
11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
he really shows alot of things that are outside of the system... such as what he can do with the ball in his hands after the catch and catching the ball in traffic.

He is not your typical tech WR.

volman88
11-23-2007, 02:45 PM
He reminds me of terrell owens

11-23-2007, 03:18 PM
na baby TO is brandon marshall :D

etk
11-23-2007, 03:31 PM
na baby TO is brandon marshall :D

Brandon Marshall is way too good to be mentioned in the same breathe as TO. There is only one Brandon Marshall.

SuperKevin
11-23-2007, 05:06 PM
i don't think Michael Crabtree is Terrell Owens. I think Eric Moulds might be a better pro comparison. He's going to be a very dependable reciever with enough speed to go deep and enough size/body control to be a factor in the red zone. he's also a very solid blocker in the games I've seen