PDA

View Full Version : 1 Round Mock

MJ Casiano
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
1 Miami
Glenn Dorsey DT L.S.U.
The Dolphins have given up the third-most yardage on the ground this season and Keith Traylor is 38-years old.

2 St. Louis
Jake Long OT Michigan
The Rams have scored twice on the ground this year and have only one run of 40+ yards. When Steven Jackson is back to full health he will need better blocking up front.

3 NY Jets
Chris Long DE Virginia
The Jets are dead-last in the NFL with 9 total sacks.

4 New England [from San Francisco]
Darren McFadden* RB Arkansas
ILB or CB needs to be addressed but McFadden will be a good tandem with the hard-to-tackle Laurence Maroney.

5 Oakland
Sam Baker OT USC
The Raiders are in need of a LT as Barry Sims isn’t getting any younger and Robert Gallery is now playing guard.

6 Cincinnati
Sedrick Ellis DT USC
The Bengals are in need of a DT that can apply pressure to the QB.

7 Atlanta
Andre' Woodson QB Kentucky
Woodson gets the nod over Ryan for top QB – Bobby Petrino will not draft Brian Brohm unless he trades down.

8 Minnesota
Matt Ryan QB Boston College
The experiment didn’t work out so well…

9 Arizona
Vernon Gholston* OLB Ohio State
To have a successful 3-4 they need the right players -- and Gholston is a riser.

10 New Orleans
Malcolm Jenkins* CB Ohio State
They are bottom-4 in the NFL in both interceptions and yards allowed through the air.

11 Baltimore
Calais Campbell* DE Miami (FL)
Trevor Pryce will soon need to be replaced.

12 Kansas City
Ryan Clady* OT Boise State
The offensive line is in need of improvement to get the running game going.

13 Carolina
Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
The offensive line could use some upgrades.

14 Houston
Kenny Phillips* S Miami (FL)
The secondary only has 7 interceptions this year and the safety spot is nothing to get excited about.

15 Philadelphia
James Laurinaitis* ILB Ohio State
A replacement for Omar Gaither is needed.

16 Chicago
Malcolm Kelly* WR Oklahoma
They have a history of drafting Sooners and Kelly fills their void at WR.

17 Denver
Erin Henderson OLB Maryland
The LB spots have shown inconsistency and Henderson has hot stock right now.

18 Seattle
Jonathan Stewart* RB Oregon
They need to start thinking replacement for Shaun Alexander.

19 Dallas [from Cleveland]
Aqib Talib* CB Kansas
Depth is thin – Talib is the most athletic CB in the draft.

20 Tampa Bay
DeSean Jackson* WR California
The two leading receivers are over the age of 30.

21 Buffalo
Reggie Smith* CB Oklahoma
The Bills are in the bottom-10 for passing yards given up.

22 San Diego
Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
Someone needs to develop opposite Antonio Cromartie.

23 Washington
Derrick Harvey* DE Florida
The Redskins need someone to compliment Andre Carter.

24 Tennessee
Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma St.
Young’s numbers are awful – get him someone to throw to. Nobody has more than 1 receiving touchdowns. Bowman could go higher depending on how he recovers from his knee injury.

25 NY Giants
Dre Moore DT Maryland
DT has been a weakness this season – Moore is a riser.

26 Detroit
Justin King* CB Penn State
The Lions are third-to-last in passing yards given up.

27 Jacksonville
Brian Brohm QB Louisville
The QB situation is crazy right now – even though Garrard was playing well before being injured. Some kind of insurance is needed or possibly a
long time starter.

28 Pittsburgh
Limas Sweed WR Texas
They have fast WR’s, Sweed fills the possession void.

29 San Francisco [from Indianapolis]
Quentin Groves OLB Auburn
The 49ers are bottom-ten in sacks this season and Groves is a disrupting force off the edge.

30 Green Bay
Rashard Mendenhall* RB Illinois
Sure, Ryan Grant is playing well – but how long will it last? Mendenhall is playing very well right now.

31 Dallas
Steve Slaton* RB West Virginia
Julius Jones will likely be with another team next year leaving a void for a speedier back to compliment the hard-to-tackle Barber.

32 New England [forfeited]

*Underclassmen

princefielder28
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
McFadden to NE? I know Maroney has been banged up but he is going to be their back and they have some needs to address in the secondary first.

Turtlepower
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Would prefer Keith Rivers from USC if he fell that far to the Giants.

MJ Casiano
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
McFadden to NE? I know Maroney has been banged up but he is going to be their back and they have some needs to address in the secondary first.

McFadden isn't replacing him -- it's for a talented tandem.

I stated that the secondary needed to be addressed first... Who would they take that high? Value > Need, that high.

Jakey
11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Steelers possetion void = Hines Ward??? :rolleyes:

MJ Casiano
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Steelers possetion void = Hines Ward??? :rolleyes:

But Ward is only 6' 205.

I would take a 6'5'' 220 anyday.

Turtlepower
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
But Ward is only 6' 205.

So you would rather have Limas Sweed on your team than Hines Ward?

Scotty D
11-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Justin King is a poor scheme fit for the Lions and I don't like him as a prospect in general. Cason would be a better pick or ILB, OL.

Jakey
11-15-2007, 11:44 AM
But Ward is only 6' 205.

Wards hands > Sweeds hands...

Don't get me wrong i like Sweed, and i wouldnt mind the pick...but your reasoning is just abit off...Ward is our possession reciever. Th real reason is that Ben seems to like big targets...which Sweed is.

princefielder28
11-15-2007, 12:14 PM
McFadden isn't replacing him -- it's for a talented tandem.

I stated that the secondary needed to be addressed first... Who would they take that high? Value > Need, that high.

Malcolm Jenkins is a flat out stud and although he may be a bit of a reach that high he would certainly pay off

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm not solid on King, I think Maualuga is a better pick there

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
15 Philadelphia
James Laurinaitis* ILB Ohio State[/b]
A replacement for Omar Gaither is needed.

Why is a replacement for Omar Gaither needed? He's been our best LB this season and he's done a great job. He's becoming a very vocal leader on the D. Now, if you said groom Laurinaitis for a season, wait till Spikes leaves, slide Laurinaitis to the middle and Gaither outside, well then that would be super.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Justin King is a poor scheme fit for the Lions and I don't like him as a prospect in general. Cason would be a better pick or ILB, OL.

I agree with that. King is too soft and is a much better suit for the man to man coverage. He doesn't play nearly well enough near the LOS and gets abused against physical wideouts. (See Hardy, James and Robiskie, Brian)

Bills2083
11-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I'd rather go with Adarius Bowman. WR is a bigger need for us, I really think Bowman is going to be very good.

Crow
11-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Best as I can figure, Sam Baker is not a top 5 pick. Sed Ellis could be, though.

Xonraider
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
But Ward is only 6' 205.

yeah... but Ward is probably stronger.. he got like everyone on Baltimore on their back...

TimD
11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Well um this mock needs work...

fenikz
11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Although I wouldn't mind Gholston or Groves or Harvey for that matter if Phillips falls to us we take him, Wilson and Phillips would be insane in the secondary, this is of course assuming we can resign Pace and Dansby if not LB becomes our biggest need by far.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
The Raiders need a RDE more.Calais would be a better pick.

brat316
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Eagles don't need a ILB, all of their lbs are young. Except Spikes, but they have drafted players to replace him. I think Deshawn Jackson WR, would be a good pick I think they need an electrifying WR. OL is a problem, LT is a need. Secondary is a need Safety position.

1st. Secondary
2nd. O-line
3rd. WR/PR/KR
4th. DE

Steelers
I like Sweed pick, but not first round WR, unless its Doucett. Steelers need O-line help, Williams the OT. Guard is also a need with Faneca leaving. DE for 3-4 to backup Aaron Smith.

1. O-line
2. DE-3-4. Olb/DE 3-4
3. WR-possession type.

Beans
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Best Bucs pick possible.

KCJ58
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
i like Jake Long

Babylon
11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Was on board till pick #3 and then thought it sort of went downhill.

wiscbadgerfootball
11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
what's up TNMK? remember me?

Packers pick is skeptical at this point.. running back is a possibility but I don't think Mendenhall is of 1st round status yet

Crazy_Chris
11-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Decent pick for the Vikings. I like Matt Ryan I'm but not really a fan of taking him at #8. Kenny Phillips would be the perfect pick.

yodabear
11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll casterate myself if the Pats get McFadden.

NYGibril28
11-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll casterate myself if the Pats get McFadden.

I can bet you write now that Xiomera is praying that doesn't happen

yodabear
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I can bet you write now that Xiomera is praying that doesn't happen

Why, we'd just be lesbos then.

NYGibril28
11-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Why, we'd just be lesbos then.

Maybe he doesn't like vagina.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Eagles don't need a ILB, all of their lbs are young. Except Spikes, but they have drafted players to replace him. I think Deshawn Jackson WR, would be a good pick I think they need an electrifying WR. OL is a problem, LT is a need. Secondary is a need Safety position.

They could use a MLB to put Gaither at his best fit of WLB and Laurinaitis in the middle.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't like the giants pick, I'd love a DT in the first, but only if its ellis or dorsey. We're fine at DT unless we can add a stud, maybe Terrance taylor if he comes out and we trade back to the early second. Otherwise we've got go with a DB in the first.

Also not really feeling the bills pick, not really room for him at safety and at corner i think they're content with McGee, Greer and Youboty, they'll probably be looking for offense in the draft, namely a big WR who'll be a consistent guy a la Amani Toomer.