PDA

View Full Version : Could Boise State still get into the BCS?

TigerBait45
11-16-2007, 04:17 PM
This is kind of a pointless topic, but its an interesting thought if nothing else.

It looks like they've got a shot (albeit a very outside shot).

Its all dependent on whether or not Michigan beats Ohio State, I think. If Michigan wins and Boise wins out (beating Hawaii along the way), could they maybe enact that #16 clause? (a mid-major can get into the BCS if they're ranked at least 16th and higher than a major conference winner)

I'm not sure if the voters would be willing to vote them higher than Michigan after that game, but I figure theres still a chance.

I guess you could say the same thing about Hawaii, but I'd rather pull for Boise to see a 1-loss mid-major make it in and see people go nuts about it.

fenikz
11-16-2007, 04:22 PM
won't happen, to many BCS conference teams with only 1 lose

SeanTaylorRIP
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
This is kind of a pointless topic, but its an interesting thought if nothing else.

It looks like they've got a shot (albeit a very outside shot).

Its all dependent on whether or not Michigan beats Ohio State, I think. If Michigan wins and Boise wins out (beating Hawaii along the way), could they maybe enact that #16 clause? (a mid-major can get into the BCS if they're ranked at least 16th and higher than a major conference winner)

I'm not sure if the voters would be willing to vote them higher than Michigan after that game, but I figure theres still a chance.

I guess you could say the same thing about Hawaii, but I'd rather pull for Boise to see a 1-loss mid-major make it in and see people go nuts about it.

Nah too many good 1 and 2 loss teams for them to find a way. I'd take a 2 loss team like Vatech or USC or Oregon any day before them, I say zero percent chance.

TigerBait45
11-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Er, if they make it to 16 they're guaranteed a spot if ranked higher than a major conference champ, I believe.

I put "can get into", but that was kind of a typo.

Actually I take it back again. Top 12 gets the auto bid.

RyanLeaf#1
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
If Boise beats Hawaii next week they definitely have a good chance of getting in.

RyanLeaf#1
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Nah too many good 1 and 2 loss teams for them to find a way. I'd take a 2 loss team like Vatech or USC or Oregon any day before them, I say zero percent chance.

Im pretty sure only 2 schools per conference are allowed in BCS Bowls.

Primetime21
11-16-2007, 05:26 PM
http://idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/199438.html

Here is an old article on this same subject. BSU will need a lot of help with other teams and needs Hawaii to come out of Nevada with a win which i dont know if they can.

D-Unit
11-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Hawaii has to win tonight. Which they will.

Then Boise has to beat them.

They could be ranked #12 if they are #14 or #15 after this week.

They may not though if they drop like Hawaii dropped last week even after beating Fresno.

BrownsTown
11-16-2007, 07:59 PM
All it takes is for someone bad to win a conference championship. Hell, UConn is on top of the Big East right now and is 25th. If Michigan beats OSU that would do it. Maybe even Tennessee beating LSU. If any of that happens and Boise beats Hawaii, which they will, they'd get in.

D-Unit
11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
All it takes is for someone bad to win a conference championship. Hell, UConn is on top of the Big East right now and is 25th. If Michigan beats OSU that would do it. Maybe even Tennessee beating LSU. If any of that happens and Boise beats Hawaii, which they will, they'd get in.
Does anybody remember the Hawaii game in Boise St. last year??? It was a fluke that Boise won that game by 1 TD. ...and it was a fluke that they won the year before that in Hawaii. Zabransky is gone now. Colt will shine. Enough with the flukes.

RyanLeaf#1
11-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Does anybody remember the Hawaii game in Boise St. last year??? It was a fluke that Boise won that game by 1 TD. ...and it was a fluke that they won the year before that in Hawaii. Zabransky is gone now. Colt will shine. Enough with the flukes.

Colt better worry about Nevada tonight before Boise even crosses his mind.

D-Unit
11-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Colt better worry about Nevada tonight before Boise even crosses his mind.
Pretty sure he is. I am nervous. I won't lie.

RyanLeaf#1
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Pretty sure he is. I am nervous. I won't lie.

I just asked you this in the Heisman thread but is he definitely playing?

Tampa 2 4 life
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I just asked you this in the Heisman thread but is he definitely playing?

He's still listed as a Gametime decision.

RyanLeaf#1
11-16-2007, 08:49 PM
He's still listed as a Gametime decision.

If Brennan dont play I think Hawaii gets crushed their backup sucks.

TigerBait45
11-16-2007, 10:52 PM
He isn't playing, but they're up 12-0.

the reason I'm pulling for Boise is to see how much ESPN would freak out if a 1-loss team from the WAC went to the Fiesta Bowl or something.