PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon- Torn ACL, done for the year

BigJohn98
11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Heard it on ESPN Radio Sportscenter. Sad news. Real fun player to watch. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 07:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3115013

He's gonna have surgery. Next stop, MLB.

diabsoule
11-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Wow. Just talk a horrible end to a season for such an emerging player as Dixon.

jballa838
11-16-2007, 09:31 PM
i sat next to a dude who was about to buy the tickets to the rose bowl for oregon, but as soon as dixon got hurt he opted out.
he said even if oregon makes it, if dixon doesnt play he wont watch because leaf is that bad.
That is what a die hard oregon fan said

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
i sat next to a dude who was about to buy the tickets to the rose bowl for oregon, but as soon as dixon got hurt he opted out.
he said even if oregon makes it, if dixon doesnt play he wont watch because leaf is that bad.
That is what a die hard oregon fan said

You gotta love those Nike sponsored fans. =D

duckseason
11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I can't believe that he actually tore it against ASU and was still cleared to play against Arizona.

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 09:59 PM
I can't believe that he actually tore it against ASU and was still cleared to play against Arizona.

Bellotti could have possibly ended his career if this is true. He also must have been in excruciating pain by just standing.

RyanLeaf#1
11-16-2007, 10:01 PM
This story reminds me of Friday Night Lights the movie.

diabsoule
11-16-2007, 10:20 PM
This story reminds me of Friday Night Lights the movie.

That movie sucked.

duckseason
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Bellotti could have possibly ended his career if this is true. He also must have been in excruciating pain by just standing.

It is true, and it was Dixon's choice. I've got to think that an NFL team will give him a shot when he recovers.

zjstratton
11-16-2007, 10:27 PM
that really sucks that dixon is out. if he would of stayed healthy he could of been on contention for the heisman. too bad for him. hope he has a speedy recovery.

Green Bay Scat
11-17-2007, 12:48 AM
im sure he partially tore it in the ASU game, it was feelin better but as soon as his leg went like that, u knew it was torn. Well looks like the Braves are gettin back that 5th(?) rounder

OregonDucks
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah i cried during the Arizona game. I was so upset. Gotta love the guy tho, Hes here for his teamates not the heisman, although it would have been a great treat next to the championship trophy. Sad deal.

WildDude
11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
He would have undoubtely won the heisman but i loved his attitude towards it he was just saying how much it dosent matter all he wants to be with the team... i guess it goes to Tebow now

wogitalia
11-17-2007, 10:18 PM

No it wouldn't. If he hadn't torn the MCL as well the level of pain is very bearable, there are athletes in many sports who have played whole games with ruptured(complete tear) of the ACL. The ones who have to go off in agony have almost always torn at least the MCL as well and often other ligaments as well. ACL itself is actually the one you are most likely to be able to play through, which is ironic given it is also the one that guarantees the most time on the sidelines.

OregonDucks
11-18-2007, 01:29 AM
No it wouldn't. If he hadn't torn the MCL as well the level of pain is very bearable, there are athletes in many sports who have played whole games with ruptured(complete tear) of the ACL. The ones who have to go off in agony have almost always torn at least the MCL as well and often other ligaments as well. ACL itself is actually the one you are most likely to be able to play through, which is ironic given it is also the one that guarantees the most time on the sidelines.

What are you talking about?

Javzz
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM

May be able to play through it(doubtful), but no way in hell should one be cleared to do so. That's just complete irresponsibility by the medical staff.