PDA

View Full Version : could this happen to ATL/Brohm

foozball
11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Does anyone think they could pull off a Cleveland this year? By that I mean, take McFadden with their 1st rounder, allow Brohm to fall because Woodson and Ryan will be ahead of him, and then trade their 2 2nd rounders and a future pick to get back into the 1st round and take Brohm?

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't see Atlanta trading up unless they really fall in love with Brohm, in which case they're stupid, or they get a great deal on the trade up.

foozball
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
well pretty much every mock has brohm going to atlanta at #4...why not get brohm and mcfadden?

toonsterwu
11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I definitely think it's possible that they'd be intrigued with that manuever ... but I have a hard time seeing them move high enough (draft positioning) that they wouldn't have to deal up for McFadden, if they wanted him.

P-L
11-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I could see it happening. Atlanta has an extra 2nd Round pick to work with. One of the top three QB's (likely Brohm) should fall in the draft.

foozball
11-17-2007, 04:54 PM
my bad, i was looking at older mocks when ATL was at #4, didnt realize they were at #7 now.

in order for this to work, theyd have to get in the top 4 picks and the jets need to take chris long.

then theyd have to trade their 2 2nd rounders and possibly a future 3rd rounder to get in front of the Chicago Bears, who also need a new QB.

the 2 2nd rounders (if theyre at #4 and houston is at 13) would equal 990 points. the #15 pick (Denver right now) is 1050 points. thats pretty equal, but i would think itd take an extra pick for a team to give up their 1st rounder, hence the extra 3rd round pick.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-17-2007, 04:56 PM
well pretty much every mock has brohm going to atlanta at #4...why not get brohm and mcfadden?

Exactly, the falcons could take him at 4 because they already own that pick, i doubt they'd want to pay enough to move up to where they could pick him in the first, would probably cost them both seconds this year and a future first or second rounder for a team so far from being a legit SB team they need to keep all of their picks and add quality youth, worry about adding stars once the foundation of youth is there that will nurture your stars.

foozball
11-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Exactly, the falcons could take him at 4 because they already own that pick, i doubt they'd want to pay enough to move up to where they could pick him in the first, would probably cost them both seconds this year and a future first or second rounder for a team so far from being a legit SB team they need to keep all of their picks and add quality youth, worry about adding stars once the foundation of youth is there that will nurture your stars.

but why take him at 4 when they could take him at 15...and take mcfadden at 4? if they go by the points chart, 2 2nd rounders is pretty much equal to the #15 pick. theyd have both brohm and mcfadden and with all the WR's theyve drafted in the past, their offense would be pretty much set except for the LT spot

Scotty D
11-17-2007, 05:46 PM
If they actually want Brohm I don't think they can risk taking a strategy like that.

thule
11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I brought this up about a month ago. Brohm falling doesn't look like a sure thing...but if it was to happen it would definately make sense. Depends on the thoughts of the organization.

BuckNaked
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I think Woodson is more likely to fall and might even find his way out of the first round. He blew the game today and has been extremely lackluster the past five games with the exception of the Florida one.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
As others has said, right now we aren't in position to do that. Even though I would love to. Right now, we probably have to stay put, or trade down a couple of spots and get Brohm.

Babylon
11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
If you're going to try and finesse your way to getting Mcfadden and one of the top QBs i think you have to be open to bringing in Ryan or Woodson as well as Brohm. In that case you could try and make a move probably in the middle of round 1 to get it done.

keylime_5
11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Brohm won't fall that far. Assuming Ryan goes first, then you have teams like Chicago, Baltimore, and Carolina who'd die for a young QB next April and are probably kicking themselves for passing on the chance to get Brady Quinn or Kevin Kolb last year.

georgiafan
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
This what I have been wanting to happen for some time now. You could easuly swap a OT instead of mcfadden since thats a bug need.

Babylon
11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Brohm won't fall that far. Assuming Ryan goes first, then you have teams like Chicago, Baltimore, and Carolina who'd die for a young QB next April and are probably kicking themselves for passing on the chance to get Brady Quinn or Kevin Kolb last year.

I dont think we can assume Ryan will go first.

lod01
11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Does anyone think they could pull off a Cleveland this year? By that I mean, take McFadden with their 1st rounder, allow Brohm to fall because Woodson and Ryan will be ahead of him, and then trade their 2 2nd rounders and a future pick to get back into the 1st round and take Brohm?

I see no reason to do so. Take Brohm in the 1st and there will be plenty of good RB's to take later if they all declare. Heck if 1/2 the juniors declare, they can get one later.

I want to see Brohm or Ryan to L. Robinson because that guy has mad ball skills.

Travis 24
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Woodson will be the QB to fall..not Brohm.

BeerBaron
11-22-2007, 08:27 PM
A lot of posts here seem to think the bears will definitally be in the market for a QB in the first round, and I just dont see that.

Im almost positive that reguardless of what happens the rest of this season, grossman will be gone. But that doesnt mean QB will be thier most pressing need. Thier oline is old and all the injuries on thier D are exposing a lack of depth. Not to mention Berrian could be gone as a WR (i believe) and muhammad is no young man.

I think their best strategy would be to addresss thier needs early and get a QB to develop in round 2 or 3 behind griese and orton.

Anyway, i dont think brohm falls past atlanta at all. you cant just pass on a rookie QB whos already real familiar your coaches system.

Staubach12
11-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Brohm won't fall that far. If they really love him, they'll just take him where their original pick is. God knows they'll be high enough.