I hope I am wrong.

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Game Prediction Time:

Mine . . .

Giants 27
Lions 16

I hope I am wrong.

Wow, thanks. I really think it will be much closer than that just because of our crappiness in the secondary and Martz's offense. I am really looking forward to the game and think it will be a nail-bitter. I think if we keep turnovers down to a minimum (the thing every ESPN analyst says for every game) we will win.

But good luck and hope for no injuries... Except for Matt Millen of course. =D

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
After watching basically every sports team I cheer for lose every game the past 10 days, I am perhaps overly pessimistic of the Lions chances.

TacticaLion
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I think we've got a shot. Our defense has played well at home, and that loss to Arizona might get us moving again.

I'll be at the game, so they better perform. First Lions game... god, I want a win.

JPLUFF
11-18-2007, 11:06 AM
24-21 Lions.

Osi vs. any one of our tackles scares the hell out of me though. I'm only picking the Lions because they've played well at home all season long. Can't bet against the streak.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 01:33 PM
We suck. Martz stopped running the ball after the first drive (even though it was effective). Our receivers keep running their routes one yard short of the first down markers on 3rd down. Shaun Rogers is taking the day off. We can't tackle Brandon Jacobs to save our lives. Backus sucks. Foster Sucks. Peterman sucks. Raiola sucks. Mulitalo sucks. Calvin Johnson hasn't had a ball thrown to him yet. We need to learn how to run a ******* screen pass. Martz is a stubborn ass. R.W. McQuaters is raping us on punt returns. Kitna never knows when to throw the ball away. The defensive line keeps jumping off sides. And I have a headache after watching the first half.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
******* Jeff Backus jumps off sides on 4th and inches. We ought to cut his fat ass off the team right now, in the middle of the game. And twice more the Lions receivers run routes short of the first down marker on 3rd down! Idiots! Marinelli should have gone for it again, even on 4th and 6. A ******* field goal does us no good. I am starting to think the Lions will never return a kickoff past the 30 yard line ever again. They need a competant return man for once. Aveion Cason!? Are you fricken kidding me? RUN THE DAMN BALL MARTZ! That is all for now . . .

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
This just in . . . Kitna is pathetic. INTERCEPTION!

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Defensive Line just had their 4th off sides penalty of the game. Shaun Rogers is a dumbass. Lions can expect to be 6-6 in a couple weeks. Green Bay is gonna make fools of us.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Time to bench Kitna. He overthrew the ball four times in a row. And Roy Williams is standing there smiling like a kid on Christmas. What the **** man? Quit celebrating first downs, and start scoring some god damn touchdowns. Then you can smile. Dumb ass.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Why the **** would we throw a deep ball to Shaun McDonald in the end zone? He is 5 foot 9 inches! THROW IT TO WILLIAMS OR CALVIN! We already saw CJ come down with one of those passes the last drive. McDonald couldn't leap over the orange cone in the back of the endzone, let alone outjump a DB for the ball.

Martz, you have done it again. I hate you.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Troy Walters . . . master of the worthless punt return.

AND BACKUS ******* JUMPED OFFSIDES AGAIN!

He is the dumbest man to ever graduate from the Univ. of Michigan. They ought to retract the degree they gave him. He is a disgrace.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
McDonald is worse than Manningham yesterday.

GAME OVER. LIONS SHOULD BE ******* ASHAMED!

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Is it too late to get a top ten pick this year? At least they might be able to keep that streak alive.

Scotty D
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
That hurt.

VoteLynnSwan
11-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Is it too late to get a top ten pick this year? At least they might be able to keep that streak alive.

not for the Lions it isn't.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I need a hug. And a beer. And a pistol.

Scotty D
11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I need a hug. And a beer. And a pistol.

Seconded. Jesus.

detroitsports
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
you suck, I hate you

detroitsports
11-18-2007, 03:24 PM
If the Lions are gonna lose can they just lose from the start of the season and not get everyones hopes up.

Jon Kitna is not the answer he has no arm whatsoever. The coaches claim to love him for his leadership, everytime I see him on the field or sideline he is quiet and not saying a word. sounds like leader to me.

Scotty D
11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Why don't we throw it up to Calvin more? Look what he did the couple of times we do it.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 03:26 PM
That one pass he overthrew Roy Williams on was the most cringe-worthy thing I have ever seen.

Roy could have walked, not run, from the 30 yard line to the endzone before anyone could tackle him. He was that wide open.

LionSmack
11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah my opinion of Kitna has plummeted in the last three weeks. He's fine up to about 18 yards, everything past that he's garbage.

Bootland27
11-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Why in the world do we continue to use Calvin in limited roles(other than the TD)? Why throw a deep jump to Shaun McDonald? Honestly let's send our smallest WR with the least vertical and throw him a jump ball. McDonald had a fine game today btw. I love watching him catch passes and run backwards for 5 yards trying to gain an extra yard or 2 which means he actually loses an extra 3 yards from the point of where he caught the pass.

DoWnThEfiElD
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Whats more frustrating than drafting 1st round wideouts every year?
Throwing to McDonald instead of them.

WMD
11-20-2007, 02:54 AM
Time to bench Kitna. He overthrew the ball four times in a row. And Roy Williams is standing there smiling like a kid on Christmas. What the **** man? Quit celebrating first downs, and start scoring some god damn touchdowns. Then you can smile. Dumb ass.

I wouldn't say he's smiling because he doesn't care.. Some people just get frustrated differently.. I didn't have a problem with that.

TacticaLion
11-20-2007, 03:17 PM
All of that said, if McDonald catches that ball late in the game (the one that was tipped/picked), we've got a shot at winning. As horrible as the team played, we were 1-2 more passes away from beating the Giants.

The defense bent but didn't break... and forced two red zone turnovers. The offense moved the ball well at times, but the runs just weren't there. CJ has to see the field more... that TD catch was incredible.

We need a return man. Look at what Breaston/Hester (and others) do for their teams.

detroit4life
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
i think kitna made some bad decisions in the end but we were in a position to win this game twice in the last 3 minutes. I dont see why in drives to win the game we arent looking at CJ and roy rather the mcdonald.

I agree with u about a return man. Cason and walters are not explosive at all.

Who knows maybe we'll take desean jackson hes a good one

WMD
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I would've liked to see what Joey Harrington could've done in the Martz offense.

detroit4life
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
get sacked more then kitna adn throw more ints then kitna. He couldnt survive in Martzs system hed be killed every game