PDA

View Full Version : Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

Hines
11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
As i was watching the PSU-MSu game, I came very impressed with this kid..He's only a junior but has great size (6'2 218)..i dont know about his speed though but he looks fast enough (about a 4.5)...next year, where would you rank him at and do you think he will be a better pro then Rogers and below Plex or do you think he will be the worse of those three?

M
11-17-2007, 10:52 PM
He reminds me of a former Michigan State wide receiver - Andre Rison. A current player in the NFL is a smaller version of Brandon Marshall that plays for the Denver Broncos. He has great vision, adequate hands but runs incredibly well against the grain and loves the physical contact.

I asked about him on October 10, 2007, but nobody really responded. I think he will come out early and go in 3rd or 4th round depending upon his speed.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13579

Favre4ever
11-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I like him a lot. I have him as a big sleeper for this years draft if he declares. He runs great routes, has good size, strong hands and he would be a star on a pass oriented team.

bruschis4all
11-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Hadn't really watched Spartans until yesterday. He was very impressive.
Curious to see his 40 time. Had some nice kick returns too. But, PSU cb's have been torched a few times, OSU,Michigan,J.Hardy and now D.Thomas. Also, K.Davis - TE had a good game. And, the big rb, Caulcrick. Caulcrick has the body of someone whom might be a good short-yardage back in the NFL. 255lbs.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 09:21 AM
He was basically an unknown until the start of the year.

asmitty45
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM
He's faster than a 4.5.

I go to MSU and I've seen every game, this kid is for real. He was a JuCo transfer so thats why he was an unknown. And because they never played him due to TJ Williams and Matt Trannon.

He set school records for receptions, TD's and All-Purpose Yardage. I don't think he'll go to the draft but he will be a big name when he does

DoWnThEfiElD
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
I really like Thomas as a prospect. It depends how fast he runs, but when i look at his physique and the plays we call for him he really reminds me of a poor mans L. Coles. I know that may be a bit of a reach of a projection, but i can def. see him having that kind of ability.

asmitty45
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I really like Thomas as a prospect. It depends how fast he runs, but when i look at his physique and the plays we call for him he really reminds me of a poor mans L. Coles. I know that may be a bit of a reach of a projection, but i can def. see him having that kind of ability.

Coles is definitely a reach as far as a comparison. He's much bigger than Coles.

He kind of reminds me of torry holt a little bit, obviously he's not as good but he has that kind of play making ability. This year it seemed like every time he touched the ball he could go the distance for a TD. He can return kicks run reverses, he does everything. I think If he stays he's gonna be a relatively high pick in the 09 draft.

cowboysforever
11-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Reminds me of a bigger Donte Stallworth -- body type , etc.

asmitty45
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Reminds me of a bigger Donte Stallworth -- body type , etc.

thats actually a really good comparison. I like that one.

BucSappy
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I think he would make a solid slot WR in the NFL.