PDA

View Full Version : Wide Receivers

Babylon
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Its sort of an interesting season for WRs, you dont have the CJ or the Andre Johnson at the top of the draft but i think you have a ton of depth, these would be my picks at the top, please note they're my picks not what i think teams will do;

Early Doucet, LSU. Has been injured some but i like his combination of speed along with decent size 6-0 210 at the position. Runs well after the catch.

Malcolm Kelley, Okla. Has had a bit of a dropoff this season(for him) but has real good size and i think will run well enough at the combine to get a 1st round call.

Jordy Nelson, KSU. 6-2 1/2 215 WR who i think will run high 4.4s at the combine, very good after the catch where he gets a lot of his yards, will probably end up with about 115 catches for about 1500 yds for the season, for you old timers out there sort of a Kirk Gibson clone.

Desean Jackson, Cal. not big but quick as heck and a great punt returner. He's been off a little this year but i blame the QB there for a lot of that, like him as a late 1st round pick.

Limas Sweed, Texas. coming off injury needs to run well at the combine, has it all as far as body control and size but because of his inactivity he may be a steal at the top of round 2.

Adarius Bowman, Okla St. another injury guy so the combine is probably more important to him than some others, nice combination of size and speed.

Moses
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not sold on the class overall. Seems like every guy has at least one major problem area.

BaLLiN
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
DJ Hall isnt 1st round potential but he's good. and i think its Malcolm Kelly right?

Staubach12
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I heart Earl Bennett. He's going to be da bomb.

wvfan14
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I'd take Bowman, Hall or Sweed.

Cashmoney
11-18-2007, 09:15 PM
dont forget james hardy!

BucSappy
11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Steve Johnson from Kentucky is going to be a steal for whoever drafts him. Don't be shocked if he goes in round 2.

Babylon
11-18-2007, 10:18 PM
dont forget james hardy!

Havent seen anything more than an occasional highlight on him. Is he coming out for sure?

Cashmoney
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Havent seen anything more than an occasional highlight on him. Is he coming out for sure?

idk, but he'd be day one for sure. 6'7 and reportedly runs a 4.4 I think even if he runs a 4.5 at his size and production he should be at least a 2nd rounder.

TankDogg
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Its sort of an interesting season for WRs, you dont have the CJ or the Andre Johnson at the top of the draft but i think you have a ton of depth, these would be my picks at the top, please note their my picks not what i think teams will do;

Early Doucet, LSU. Has been injured some but i like his combination of speed along with decent size 6-0 210 at the position. Runs well after the catch.

Malcolm Kelley, Okla. Has had a bit of a dropoff this season(for him) but has real good size and i think will run well enough at the combine to get a 1st round call.

Desean Jackson, Cal. not big but quick as heck and a great punt returner. He's been off a little this year but i blame the QB there for a lot of that, like him as a late 1st round pick.

Limas Sweed, Texas. coming off injury needs to run well at the combine, has it all as far as body control and size but because of his inactivity he may be a steal at the top of round 2.

Adarius Bowman, Okla St. another injury guy so the combine is probably more important to him than some others, nice combination of size and speed.
Most of these guy's are either injured or haven't played well this year. Even though he had a bad game against Ohio State, Mario Manningham has played better than all these guy's. He had a bad game but Jackson and Kelly have had bad or average games the last couple of week's. He's still had the best season for a Michigan receiver since Braylon Edwards. If reedems himself in the bowl game(which I think he will) he'll be atleast a late first round pick.

11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
harry douglas. wont be a first rounder but yet all he does is make plays. second straight 70+ rec 1100+ yard season.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Just looking at the Kentucky guys I think Tamme can be a good Dallas Clark type guy, while I think Burton and Johnson both can be solid #2 wideouts in the NFL, and in 09 I think Dicky Lyons could be an excellent slot receiver.

soybean
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I want/hope D-Jax stays another year.

11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
I want/hope D-Jax stays another year.

forget that i wanna watch D-Jax on sunday afternoons :D

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Marcus Henry for the Jayhawks is a sleeper...6'4 with 4.4 speed

Michigan
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
If Manningham ever takes his head out of his ass he's a 1st rounder.

Babylon
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
If Manningham ever takes his head out of his ass he's a 1st rounder.

I left him off my original list one because i didnt know if he was coming out and two the body language at times didnt seem good to me. Your take is even better.

Travis 24
11-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Why does no one ever include Harry Douglas?...that guy is so fast, and has no trouble getting open...plus he has pretty good hands.