PDA

View Full Version : Missouri vs. Kansas

eazyb81
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Less than a week away from the biggest regular season game of the year.

Predictions?

Kansas has really come on in recent weeks, but I think Missouri will do just enough to get the win.

38 - 31 MU over KU.

BrownsTown
11-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I got Missouri. Kansas hasn't faced anyone near their level all year.

BPhilb
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I certainly can't wait. I believe Missouri is going to win 28-24 in a suprisinly low scoring game. I think weather will keep the score lower than expected. I also think the pollsters are doing everything possible to keep MU out of the NC game and we will be in for one of the greater playoff arguments ever when West Virgina plays LSU for the title.

thule
11-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I think this game really depends on how healthy Reesing is...I'm surprised that noone else has talked about this. Reesing is the reason this offense is putting up those numbers...if he is healthy Kansas should win...however if he is having trouble pushing off...look for mizzu to have the better chance.

eazyb81
11-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I certainly can't wait. I believe Missouri is going to win 28-24 in a suprisinly low scoring game. I think weather will keep the score lower than expected. I also think the pollsters are doing everything possible to keep MU out of the NC game and we will be in for one of the greater playoff arguments ever when West Virgina plays LSU for the title.

What's the weather supposed to be like? I haven't checked.

Shane P. Hallam
11-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Gonna be close than people think, but I still think Missouri pulls out the win.

bustabinary
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I certainly can't wait. I believe Missouri is going to win 28-24 in a suprisinly low scoring game. I think weather will keep the score lower than expected. I also think the pollsters are doing everything possible to keep MU out of the NC game and we will be in for one of the greater playoff arguments ever when West Virgina plays LSU for the title.I dunno... if Missouri wins out (beats Kansas and Oklahoma), then I don't think there's any doubt Missouri will play for the National Championship - and they would definately deserve it.

However, I'm hoping Oklahoma wins the Big 12 Championship and West Virginia wins out, putting the Mountaineers in the title game. I don't think OSU has a chance at jumping WVU, but Arizona State does if they have a convincing win against USC.

BPhilb
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
What's the weather supposed to be like? I haven't checked.

Nothing horrible. They have now moved the high to 48, but there was a chance for snow earlier and it's supposed to be windy. Playing the game at 7:00 is obviously going to make things different than what both teams have played through so far this year.

superfly69
11-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Gonna be a good one. Who would have thought that the winner of Missouri / Kansas might be playing for a national championship.

Turtlepower
11-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I think the winner of this game will lose to Oklahoma anyway. =D

nfrillman
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, in my extremely unbiased opinion I will say........

Missouri Tigers 41
Kansas Jayhawks 31

M-I-Z.....Z-O-U!!!!!
M-I-Z.....F-K-U!!!!!

Im_a_Romosexual
11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Mizzou Big. Kansas has scheduled a ton of cupcakes- and so has their coach :)Woody Paige

RyanLeaf#1
11-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Kansas is a 2 point favorite.

keylime_5
11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Don't care who wins, as long as the winner loses to Oklahoma so tOSU can get to New Orleans instaed of Pasadena.

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I simply don't think Kansas can stop Missouri's offense. 31 points is the lowest point total Missouri has scored all year and that was in their only loss. They haven't scored less than 38 points in any of their wins. Regardless of this good season Reesing is having, Chase Daniel is the best QB in the Big 12. Missouri simply has too many weapons on offense. Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker, Jeremy Maclin, William Franklin, and a plethora of runningbacks who can get the necessary yardage.

T-RICH49
11-19-2007, 10:04 AM
KU will win 38-31.Mizzou's defense has shown some chinks in the armour and I fully expect Reesing to sxploit it even more not to mention the combo of McAnderson and Sharp and a formisble 1-2 combo

etk
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I can't wait for this game, it should be one of those classic shootouts. I think Missouri is being overlooked right now and they should post a double-digit victory.

LonghornsLegend
11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
I doubt a #2 team this year will win out, hasnt happened, the trend will probably continue, even if Kansas wins I think they will end up with 1 loss after they face OU

But I got Kansas in this, better weapons, love how they are playing...

holt_bruce81
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I doubt a #2 team this year will win out, hasnt happened, the trend will probably continue, even if Kansas wins I think they will end up with 1 loss after they face OU

Kansas has better Weapons? lol i'm sorry is that a joke hahaha.........Missouri will win and it wont even be close, Kansas hasnt faced a team like Missouri.

49-17 Missouri

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Mizzou Big. Kansas has scheduled a ton of cupcakes- and so has their coach :)Woody Paige

LMAO

That was hilarious.

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
KU will win 38-31.Mizzou's defense has shown some chinks in the armour and I fully expect Reesing to sxploit it even more not to mention the combo of McAnderson and Sharp and a formisble 1-2 combo

And KU's defense hasn't shown some chinks in the armor? Last time I checked Mizzou held Nebraska to 6 points while Kansas gave up 39 to them. Kansas simply will not be able to stop the foursome of Rucker, Coffman, Franklin, and Maclin.

T-RICH49
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
And MU won't stop Henry, Briscoe, Fields, Meier, Fine, McAnderson or Sharp

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 02:48 PM

Kansas does not have better weapons.

Missouri's tight ends are both legit 1st day prospects and possibly even 1st round prospects in the draft.

William Franklin is a solid receiver who is just as good of a receiver as anybody not named Marcus Henry on Kansas' squad.

And Jeremy Maclin is one of the best freshmen in the country. One article I read compared him to a young Ted Ginn Jr. which is probably a very accurate comparison. He is easily going to be the best athlete on the field on Saturday. He already broke a record for all-purpose yards in a season with 2,300+ yards although I am not sure if that is the record for freshmen or the record for college players overall.

And then Missouri also has a plethora of solid runningbacks who can get the job done. Tony Temple is the best of them all but they have 3 or 4 other runningbacks who can do just as well and even Jeremy Maclin is a threat running the ball which is proven by his 4 rushing touchdowns.

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
And MU won't stop Henry, Briscoe, Fields, Meier, Fine, McAnderson or Sharp

None of which are better than average. KU has been held in check on offense by teams like Colorado and Texas A&M. Missouri hasn't scored less than 31 points all season.

bwillie26
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Kansas. Simply for the intangibles. How Mangino gets those boys so fired up week in - week out without having a heart attack is a great mystery of the world.

T-RICH49
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
None of which are better than average. KU has been held in check on offense by teams like Colorado and Texas A&M. Missouri hasn't scored less than 31 points all season.

MU is also proned to turnovers something which KU is not.KU does not shoot themselves in the foot

P-L
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I think Missouri wins this game and the Big XII Championship.

holt_bruce81
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
MU is also proned to turnovers something which KU is not.KU does not shoot themselves in the foot

um, not really. Missouri has turned the ball over 13 times all season........Kansas has turned the ball over 12 times all season.

did you know MU's offense has gone 3 and out only three times this season lol, thats sick

LionSmack
11-19-2007, 03:59 PM

seriously. does anyone else feel uncomfortable even seeing shots of that guy on the sideline? Kansas getting in the NC game would be a great story except for the fact that we'd have to see that guy filling up our TV screen for four or five days.

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Mizzou's defense is weak, so Reesing will keep up with Daniel and Co...Kansas' D should be able to slow down the running game, which will allow them to drop back in coverage and be able to slow down Daniel...I think Missouri's defense will be exposed, but it will still be close

41-38 Kansas

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
seriously. does anyone else feel uncomfortable even seeing shots of that guy on the sideline? Kansas getting in the NC game would be a great story except for the fact that we'd have to see that guy filling up our TV screen for four or five days.

I could care less how much he weighs if he gets results...he can eat all he wants if we go 12-0

D-Unit
11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Say Missouri beats Kansas and then loses to OU in the Big 12 championship game. Kansas will be left out of the bcs bowls altogether with only 1 loss.

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't think OU will be in the Big XII Championship Game unless Bradford plays

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I think this game really depends on how healthy Reesing is...I'm surprised that noone else has talked about this. Reesing is the reason this offense is putting up those numbers...if he is healthy Kansas should win...however if he is having trouble pushing off...look for mizzu to have the better chance.

Because it doesn't matter...Reesing's ankle was worse last week and he threw for 250 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT's...And it will only get better

P-L
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't think OU will be in the Big XII Championship Game unless Bradford plays
It doesn't matter who they start at QB, Oklahoma isn't going to lose to Oklahoma State in Norman.

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Kansas has better Weapons? lol i'm sorry is that a joke hahaha.........Missouri will win and it wont even be close, Kansas hasnt faced a team like Missouri.

49-17 Missouri

LMAO, typical Missouri fan...I'm not saying that Kansas has better weapons, but it is close...Missouri's WR's are weak outside of the inconsistent Maclin...Coffman and Rucker are talented though...But Kansas has Henry, Fields, Fine, McAnderson, Sharp, and our own freshman, touchdown machine, Dezmon Briscoe...Also, Kansas' D > Missouri's D

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
And KU's defense hasn't shown some chinks in the armor? Last time I checked Mizzou held Nebraska to 6 points while Kansas gave up 39 to them. Kansas simply will not be able to stop the foursome of Rucker, Coffman, Franklin, and Maclin.

Different offenses...Nebraska is much better with Ganz than Keller...Besides, that's a dumb comparison to prove a point...There were several games in which Kansas gave up less points to a common opponent...Those kind of comparisons just don't work

adschofield
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

LOL...you're so pathetic, you won't even acknowledge that Kansas has talent...Henry is average? He's a 6'5" WR who runs a sub 4.4 forty, I'll let you decide if he is "average," Briscoe has been a touchdown machine, Meier is another tall receiver, Fine and Fields are as reliable as they come, and McAnderson has been great all year...If you Missouri fans haven't learned already, the Border War is about who wants it more...Magino has beaten Missouri several times with significantly less talent

adschofield
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I need to get this shirt for the game...The man in the picture is John Brown

http://www.kmbc.com/2007/1115/14599591_240X180.jpg

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Mizzou's defense is weak, so Reesing will keep up with Daniel and Co...Kansas' D should be able to slow down the running game, which will allow them to drop back in coverage and be able to slow down Daniel...I think Missouri's defense will be exposed, but it will still be close

41-38 Kansas

Actually, Missouri's defense is not weak. They are 4th in rushing defense, 6th in total defense, and 3rd in scoring defense in the big 12.

And last time I checked Missouri was not the ones who gave up 39 points to Nebraska.

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
LMAO, typical Missouri fan...I'm not saying that Kansas has better weapons, but it is close...Missouri's WR's are weak outside of the inconsistent Maclin...Coffman and Rucker are talented though...But Kansas has Henry, Fields, Fine, McAnderson, Sharp, and our own freshman, touchdown machine, Dezmon Briscoe...Also, Kansas' D > Missouri's D

Missouri's wide receivers are weak outside of Maclin?

Not really. William Franklin is in the top 5 all-time in receptions for Missouri. He has over 500 yards and 4 touchdowns. And we do have other capable wide receivers but they simply are not used alot. Why use them when you probably have the two best tight ends in the country? Our tight ends combined have 14 touchdowns.

And I'm not sure how you get this idea that Maclin is inconsistent. His lowest yardage total for the season is 43 yards and he has 100+ yard games in each of the past 3 weeks. He has only gone 2 weeks all season in which he did not have at least one touchdown and he has 13 touchdowns overall (9 receiving, 4 rushing).

Missouri's offense is simply more talented than Kansas'. Kansas struggled on offense against teams like Colorado and Texas A&M while Missouri put up 55 on Colorado and 40 on Texas A&M. Missouri also put up 49 on K-State when Kansas could only manage 30.

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Different offenses...Nebraska is much better with Ganz than Keller...Besides, that's a dumb comparison to prove a point...There were several games in which Kansas gave up less points to a common opponent...Those kind of comparisons just don't work

Missouri still has Kansas beat by about 30 points when it comes to point differential with common opponents. I added it up and I believe it came out to +125 for Missouri and +93 for Kansas against common opponents.

kmartin575
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
LOL...you're so pathetic, you won't even acknowledge that Kansas has talent...Henry is average? He's a 6'5" WR who runs a sub 4.4 forty, I'll let you decide if he is "average," Briscoe has been a touchdown machine, Meier is another tall receiver, Fine and Fields are as reliable as they come, and McAnderson has been great all year...If you Missouri fans haven't learned already, the Border War is about who wants it more...Magino has beaten Missouri several times with significantly less talent

He's 6'4", not 6'5". And am I supposed to be impressed by Henry or something? Because Missouri has this guy named Jeremy Maclin who has more touchdowns than him (9 receiving, 13 overall) and more receptions. All Henry has over Maclin is yards. Maclin is faster than Henry so you really shouldn't brag about Henry's speed.

Tight ends: Missouri by far.
Wide receivers: It's close but Kansas gets the edge. Henry has more yards but Maclin has more touchdowns. William Franklin is a better WR than Dexton Fields IMO.

Offensive line: Missouri. Adam Spieker and Tyler Luellen are simply superior to anybody Kansas has.

Runningbacks: Kansas although Missouri is no slouch here. Missouri has more of a runningback by committee and they still put up over 170 yards a game on the ground.

Quarterback: Missouri. Chase Daniel is simply a better quarterback. Reesing has padded his stats against crappy competition.

adschofield
11-19-2007, 10:08 PM
You can quote point differntials all day, but like I said it is irrelevant...it's a horrible way to compare teams, and never works...Unless Missouri can establish the run, then I see a Jayhawk victory.

OT: Did anybody go to the Mizzou game tonight at the Sprint Center..I got free tickets and I saw Kansas AD, Lew Perkins

holt_bruce81
11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
You can quote point differntials all day, but like I said it is irrelevant...it's a horrible way to compare teams, and never works...Unless Missouri can establish the run, then I see a Jayhawk victory.

OT: Did anybody go to the Mizzou game tonight at the Sprint Center..I got free tickets and I saw Kansas AD, Lew Perkins

Well Missouri is averaging 176 rushing yards per game and if you subtract the QB sacks their averaging 198 rushing yards per game.......they are not just a passing team, they have a balanced attack.

holt_bruce81
11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Also, Missouri did do a good job against Oklahoma's running game, holding the 3 RBs (Murray, Brown, Patrick) to a combined 113 rushing yards on 28 carries, for an average of 4.0 yards per run.

Billingsley26
11-20-2007, 10:07 AM
This is going to be one hell of a game. And another top 5 team is going to be knocked off. This time it is going to be Missouri. Everyone keeps naggin on KU for not beating anyone worthy of speaking of, but the bottom line is they are winning these games. Look at other "top teams" and who they lost to. Michigan to App State, LSU to Kentucky, OSU to Illinois, BC to FSU the list goes on. Those were all game that the first team should have won. And they didn't. KU is undefeated for a reason.

Todd Reesing makes plays. Hurt or not hurt, he is a baller, and puts up each and every game. KU minimizes mistakes and turnovers, and I think that being undefeated and winning several of these games not only bosts their conifidence, but it als has made them a better team as a whole. KU will come out on top of this game.

kmartin575
11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
This is going to be one hell of a game. And another top 5 team is going to be knocked off. This time it is going to be Missouri. Everyone keeps naggin on KU for not beating anyone worthy of speaking of, but the bottom line is they are winning these games. Look at other "top teams" and who they lost to. Michigan to App State, LSU to Kentucky, OSU to Illinois, BC to FSU the list goes on. Those were all game that the first team should have won. And they didn't. KU is undefeated for a reason.

Todd Reesing makes plays. Hurt or not hurt, he is a baller, and puts up each and every game. KU minimizes mistakes and turnovers, and I think that being undefeated and winning several of these games not only bosts their conifidence, but it als has made them a better team as a whole. KU will come out on top of this game.

You can say the exact same things for Missouri.

The bottom line is, except for a loss at Oklahoma (where the Sooners have lost only twice in the Bob Stoops era) Missouri is still winning these games. Is KU with no losses and Mizzou with one loss that much of a difference? I don't think so. KU would have lost in Norman also.

Chase Daniel makes plays. 30 passing touchdowns, 3 rushing touchdowns, only 9 interceptions and 3,590 passing yards. He is a baller. Mizzou minimizes mistakes and turnovers.

eazyb81
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM

41-38 Kansas

Come on.....please try and keep this thread somewhat intelligent. Missouri has the #2 scoring defense in the Big 12 behind Kansas, and they actually played OU and Texas Tech.

Meanwhile, Mizzou has the #1 scoring offense in the league, while Kansas is #2.

Statistically, the teams are basically equal at this point. Saying Mizzou's defense is "weak" is simply ignorant.

eazyb81
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I need to get this shirt for the game...The man in the picture is John Brown

http://www.kmbc.com/2007/1115/14599591_240X180.jpg

Heh, I think Missouri wins the t-shirt war with this one:

http://i7.tinypic.com/7wp7z0o.jpg

This is a picture of Lawrence burning to the ground thanks to some Missouri residents during the Civil War.

Here is a short background on the rivalry from AOL Sports:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/12/we-burned-your-town-to-the-ground/

I don't think it's a stretch to say there are going to be quite a few arrests made during the game.

nfrillman
11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't think it's a stretch to say there are going to be quite a few arrests made during the game.

Haha, yeah. This definitely isn't a friendly brotherly type rivalry, there's genuine hatred.

kmartin575
11-20-2007, 03:30 PM

And the hilarious thing is that the very next day the Chiefs play the Raiders at Arrowhead. That is two hated rivalries two days in a row. I guess there is going to be alot of hate in KC this weekend.

T-RICH49
11-20-2007, 03:36 PM
And the hilarious thing is that the very next day the Chiefs play the Raiders at Arrowhead. That is two hated rivalries two days in a row. I guess there is going to be alot of hate in KC this weekend.

now if only KU played K-State in basketball on Friday the weekend of hate would be complete lol

adschofield
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Come on.....please try and keep this thread somewhat intelligent. Missouri has the #2 scoring defense in the Big 12 behind Kansas, and they actually played OU and Texas Tech.

Meanwhile, Mizzou has the #1 scoring offense in the league, while Kansas is #2.

Statistically, the teams are basically equal at this point. Saying Mizzou's defense is "weak" is simply ignorant.

If you guys want to compare stats, I'm down...First of all, let me clear something up...I don't think Missouri's defense is weak, just not as good as Kansas' defense

Scoring Defense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#34

Total Defense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#58

Passing Defense:
Kansas-#48
Missouri-#95

Rushing Defense:
Kansas-#10
Missouri-#31

To say that Missouri's Defense is even close to being as good as Kansas' defense, is, well, ignorant

Scoring Offense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#6

Total Offense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#4

Rushing Offense:
Kansas-#18
Missouri-#38

Passing Offense:
Kansas-#16
Missouri-#8

As you can see, these offenses are pretty even

T-RICH49
11-20-2007, 04:09 PM
If you guys want to compare stats, I'm down...First of all, let me clear something up...I don't think Missouri's defense is weak, just not as good as Kansas' defense

Scoring Defense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#34

Total Defense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#58

Passing Defense:
Kansas-#48
Missouri-#95

Rushing Defense:
Kansas-#10
Missouri-#31

To say that Missouri's Defense is even close to being as good as Kansas' defense, is, well, ignorant

Scoring Offense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#6

Total Offense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#4

Rushing Offense:
Kansas-#18
Missouri-#38

Passing Offense:
Kansas-#16
Missouri-#8

Thank You for posting those stats

adschofield
11-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Heh, I think Missouri wins the t-shirt war with this one:

http://i7.tinypic.com/7wp7z0o.jpg

This is a picture of Lawrence burning to the ground thanks to some Missouri residents during the Civil War.

Here is a short background on the rivalry from AOL Sports:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/12/we-burned-your-town-to-the-ground/

hmm...classy...I see Missouri is condoning the acts of killing hundreds of innocent victims and the acts of a man, who if he had it his way, would have half the Missouri team enslaved

eazyb81
11-20-2007, 04:57 PM

Scoring Defense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#34

Total Defense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#58

Passing Defense:
Kansas-#48
Missouri-#95

Rushing Defense:
Kansas-#10
Missouri-#31

Scoring Offense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#6

Total Offense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#4

Rushing Offense:
Kansas-#18
Missouri-#38

Passing Offense:
Kansas-#16
Missouri-#8

A. Yes, you actually did say Mizzou's defense was "weak" - that's the entire reason I responded to you in the first place. Go back and reread your post if you don't believe me.

B. Come on, are you seriously adding in noncon stats? Why not post stats from Big 12 play, where we played similar opponents? (Except MU played OU and Texas Tech, and KU played Baylor)

adschofield
11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
A. Yes, you actually did say Mizzou's defense was "weak" - that's the entire reason I responded to you in the first place. Go back and reread your post if you don't believe me.

B. Come on, are you seriously adding in noncon stats? Why not post stats from Big 12 play, where we played similar opponents? (Except MU played OU and Texas Tech, and KU played Baylor)

A. I know I said "weak," but I meant relatively weak to Kansas' defense, thus the clarification

B.Yes, I'm seriously adding in noncon stats

bored of education
11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I think Kansas wins it. aqib Talib gets a couple of TDs

nfrillman
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
A. I know I said "weak," but I meant relatively weak to Kansas' defense, thus the clarification

B.Yes, I'm seriously adding in noncon stats

Yeaaaah, that makes sense to add noncon stats, in the way that it makes no sense at all. It barely makes sense to look at Big 12 stats sense MU played OU and TT while KU played Baylor and OSU.

Big 12 stats:
Scoring Offense
Kansas 41.4
Missouri 42.7

Scoring Defense
Kansas 19.0
Missouri 21.8

Common Opponents:
Scoring Offense
Kansas 37.8
Missouri 45.4

Scoring Defense
Kansas 19.0
Missouri 20.4

adschofield
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeaaaah, that makes sense to add noncon stats, in the way that it makes no sense at all. It barely makes sense to look at Big 12 stats sense MU played OU and TT while KU played Baylor and OSU.

Big 12 stats:
Scoring Offense
Kansas 41.4
Missouri 42.7

Scoring Defense
Kansas 19.0
Missouri 21.8

Common Opponents:
Scoring Offense
Kansas 37.8
Missouri 45.4

Scoring Defense
Kansas 19.0
Missouri 20.4

I never said it made sense, I was just too lazy to go through and figure out each stat...This stats just prove that they are even teams...I think we est. that long ago

T-RICH49
11-20-2007, 10:43 PM
KU is on the cover of SI.Oh crap we're jinxed

kmartin575
11-20-2007, 11:11 PM

Scoring Defense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#34

Total Defense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#58

Passing Defense:
Kansas-#48
Missouri-#95

Rushing Defense:
Kansas-#10
Missouri-#31

Scoring Offense:
Kansas-#2
Missouri-#6

Total Offense:
Kansas-#8
Missouri-#4

Rushing Offense:
Kansas-#18
Missouri-#38

Passing Offense:
Kansas-#16
Missouri-#8

Those stats are kind of skewed due to the weak schedule of Kansas. Of course Kansas is going to put up better stats going up against the 101st best schedule in the nation. Missouri has the 47th ranked schedule in the nation (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/toughest%20schedule/ia_9games_cumm.pdf) yet their stats are not that much worse off than Kansas'.

Kansas
Central Michigan- 113th ranked defense/28th ranked offense
Southeastern Louisiana- (Div 1-AA)
Toledo- 100th/13th
Florida International- 101st/118th
Kansas State- 63rd/39th
Baylor- 109th/88th
Colorado- 52nd/79th
Texas A&M- 86th/63rd
Nebraska- 111th/16th
Oklahoma State- 99th/6th
Iowa State- 69th/102nd
average defensive ranking- 90th
average offensive ranking- 55th

Missouri
Illinois- 41st ranked defense/37th ranked offense
Mississippi- 96th/90th
Western Michigan- 87th/57th
Illinois State- (Division 1-AA)
Nebraska- 111th/16th
Oklahoma- 24th/17th
Texas Tech- 50th/2nd
Iowa State- 69th/102nd
Colorado- 52nd/79th
Texas A&M- 86th/63rd
Kansas State- 63rd/39th
average defensive ranking- 68th
average offensive ranking- 50th

So on average Missouri has faced better offenses and better defenses throughout the year. That is obviously going to help Kansas put up better stats against weak competition so therefore the stats are definitely skewed in favor of Kansas. Half of those games are against common opponents and against common opponents Missouri performed better in most of the games.

The fact is, Kansas hasn't faced anybody worth a damn all year. Missouri has played in big time games and in big time locations. Kansas has the disadvantage of not having faced good competition all year. When you are used to beating the bad teams when you finally face a good team you are surprised. Nothing Kansas does is going to surprise Missouri.

kmartin575
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
hmm...classy...I see Missouri is condoning the acts of killing hundreds of innocent victims and the acts of a man, who if he had it his way, would have half the Missouri team enslaved

Do you even know where the name Missouri "Tiger" came from? It was a group of militia/minutemen that was formed to protect against the "Jayhawks" from Kansas who came across the border to attack innocent Missouri residents and their property.

nfrillman
11-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Do you even know where the name Missouri "Tiger" came from? It was a group of militia/minutemen that was formed to protect against the "Jayhawks" from Kansas who came across the border to attack innocent Missouri residents and their property.

Yes, I have been trying to get people to understand this as well. They always bring up the slavery thing, when in reality there was descension among the Jayhawks about the issue of slavery. The actual Missouri Tigers were not concerned about slavery, they were concerned about Jayhawkers killing and raping indiscriminately in Missouri. The Border War coincided with the Civil War, but they really had almost nothing to do with each other. The men who took part in the Border War were for the most part neither villian or hero, but somewhere in between.

M-I-Z...Z-O-U!!!!
M-I-Z...F-K-U!!!!

adschofield
11-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes, I have been trying to get people to understand this as well. They always bring up the slavery thing, when in reality there was descension among the Jayhawks about the issue of slavery. The actual Missouri Tigers were not concerned about slavery, they were concerned about Jayhawkers killing and raping indiscriminately in Missouri. The Border War coincided with the Civil War, but they really had almost nothing to do with each other. The men who took part in the Border War were for the most part neither villian or hero, but somewhere in between.

M-I-Z...Z-O-U!!!!
M-I-Z...F-K-U!!!!

I'm not going to bring up the slavery issue (wait, I guess I kinda of inadvertently did) because I think it's kind of a stupid thing to talk about...However, I just think that's it's classless to have a T-Shirt showing Lawrence burning, during which nearly 200 unarmed people were killed...It's like making a T-Shirt of the Oklahoma City Bombings with "Scoreboard"...It's just classless

nfrillman
11-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm not going to bring up the slavery issue (wait, I guess I kinda of inadvertently did) because I think it's kind of a stupid thing to talk about...However, I just think that's it's classless to have a T-Shirt showing Lawrence burning, during which nearly 200 unarmed people were killed...It's like making a T-Shirt of the Oklahoma City Bombings with "Scoreboard"...It's just classless

I definitely agree that the T-shirts are uncalled for. I just get sick of people bringing up the origin of the rivalry and acting as if the Jayhawkers represented all things holy. Both sides did some terrible things to the other. But really does that matter in the 21st century athletics world, I don't think so. Slavery and historic facts of what happened in the Border War have no bearing on the here and now. I agree that the T-shirts are unnecessary though.

Billingsley26
11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Those stats are kind of skewed due to the weak schedule of Kansas. Of course Kansas is going to put up better stats going up against the 101st best schedule in the nation. Missouri has the 47th ranked schedule in the nation (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/toughest%20schedule/ia_9games_cumm.pdf) yet their stats are not that much worse off than Kansas'.

Kansas
Central Michigan- 113th ranked defense/28th ranked offense
Southeastern Louisiana- (Div 1-AA)
Toledo- 100th/13th
Florida International- 101st/118th
Kansas State- 63rd/39th
Baylor- 109th/88th
Colorado- 52nd/79th
Texas A&M- 86th/63rd
Nebraska- 111th/16th
Oklahoma State- 99th/6th
Iowa State- 69th/102nd
average defensive ranking- 90th
average offensive ranking- 55th

Missouri
Illinois- 41st ranked defense/37th ranked offense
Mississippi- 96th/90th
Western Michigan- 87th/57th
Illinois State- (Division 1-AA)
Nebraska- 111th/16th
Oklahoma- 24th/17th
Texas Tech- 50th/2nd
Iowa State- 69th/102nd
Colorado- 52nd/79th
Texas A&M- 86th/63rd
Kansas State- 63rd/39th
average defensive ranking- 68th
average offensive ranking- 50th

So on average Missouri has faced better offenses and better defenses throughout the year. That is obviously going to help Kansas put up better stats against weak competition so therefore the stats are definitely skewed in favor of Kansas. Half of those games are against common opponents and against common opponents Missouri performed better in most of the games.

The fact is, Kansas hasn't faced anybody worth a damn all year. Missouri has played in big time games and in big time locations. Kansas has the disadvantage of not having faced good competition all year. When you are used to beating the bad teams when you finally face a good team you are surprised. Nothing Kansas does is going to surprise Missouri.

If your going to sit there and talk stats, about how easy KU's schedule is, then let me tell you something. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY ARE WINNING! Michigan lost an easy one. Oregon lost an easy one (granted Dixon was hurt), USC lost an easy one, OSU lost a "supposed" easy one, LSU lost one they should've won, as did Oklahoma and so on.....Ive said it before, and Ill say it again...KU is winning BOTTOM LINE. There are to many teams that could still be undefeated and in KU's spot but their not. Do not rag KU for winning every game this season. Is it guys like Todd Reesing and Aqib Talib who make the schedule? No, they are just the ones who have put the number 10 under the "W" column.

kmartin575
11-21-2007, 05:25 PM
If your going to sit there and talk stats, about how easy KU's schedule is, then let me tell you something. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY ARE WINNING! Michigan lost an easy one. Oregon lost an easy one (granted Dixon was hurt), USC lost an easy one, OSU lost a "supposed" easy one, LSU lost one they should've won, as did Oklahoma and so on.....Ive said it before, and Ill say it again...KU is winning BOTTOM LINE. There are to many teams that could still be undefeated and in KU's spot but their not. Do not rag KU for winning every game this season. Is it guys like Todd Reesing and Aqib Talib who make the schedule? No, they are just the ones who have put the number 10 under the "W" column.

Guess what? Missouri is winning too. The only difference is Missouri had to play a game in Norman, Oklahoma and Kansas didn't. If our schedules were reversed Missouri would be 11-0 right now and Kansas would be 10-1.

Billingsley26
11-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Guess what? Missouri is winning too. The only difference is Missouri had to play a game in Norman, Oklahoma and Kansas didn't. If our schedules were reversed Missouri would be 11-0 right now and Kansas would be 10-1.

No, KU has a better defense, and particularly better DB's to stop Sam Bradford. I think KU would have beaten OU, or at least made it a closer game than 10 points.

Everyone is underestimating KU's defense. Say what you want about the schedule, the bottom line is they are loaded with talent. And they will show the world in the next 2 weeks.

Shane P. Hallam
11-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll make one guarantee, Kansas isn't going to the National Championship.

Billingsley26
11-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I'll make one guarantee, Kansas isn't going to the National Championship.

I would think about challening you to that one!

Shane P. Hallam
11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Ha. To make it through Missouri and Oklahoma (especially if Bradford is back,) is going to be too daunting. Outside of the QB position, they don't have the offensive players to get it done.

Billingsley26
11-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Ha. To make it through Missouri and Oklahoma (especially if Bradford is back,) is going to be too daunting. Outside of the QB position, they don't have the offensive players to get it done.

Bradford will be back for sure for the Big XII Finals if they get there. All KU needs is Reesing in there, and they will be fine. Have the OL hold up just as it has all season, and KU will be gold.

nfrillman
11-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Bradford will be back for sure for the Big XII Finals if they get there. All KU needs is Reesing in there, and they will be fine. Have the OL hold up just as it has all season, and KU will be gold.

This is off topic, but what's with the gigantic sig?

BrownsTown
11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

He lost a bet to JBond. America defeated Canada.

jbeans187
11-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I cant wait for saturday. I ll be there. MU over KU 42 - 31.

Billingsley26
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM

I had orignally forced DChess off of this site for one month, and in his defense, JBond93 played me in a game of Madden, in which I lost 17-14, and in doing so DChess came back prematurely, and I had to wear this sig designed by JBond93.

nfrillman
11-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I had orignally forced DChess off of this site for one month, and in his defense, JBond93 played me in a game of Madden, in which I lost 17-14, and in doing so DChess came back prematurely, and I had to wear this sig designed by JBond93.

Okay, cuz I thinking that is easily the biggest sig I have ever seen here. Shocking to the eyes.

kmartin575
11-22-2007, 12:13 PM
No, KU has a better defense, and particularly better DB's to stop Sam Bradford. I think KU would have beaten OU, or at least made it a closer game than 10 points.

Everyone is underestimating KU's defense. Say what you want about the schedule, the bottom line is they are loaded with talent. And they will show the world in the next 2 weeks.

Bull. Loaded with talent my ***. Jordy Nelson torched Aqib Talib. Nebraska put up 39 on you guys. You might be allright at stopping the run (though Oklahoma is better) but your pass defense is not all that great.

No way in hell KU would have beaten OU in Norman. KU could barely beat Colordado in Boulder and K-State in Manhattan but you think you would beat Oklahoma in a place where they have only lost twice in the Bob Stoops era?

kmartin575
11-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Missouri spreads the ball around very well on offense and that is something Kansas will not be able to stop. Missouri has 6 receivers with 25 or more receptions while Kansas only has 4.

Iamcanadian
11-22-2007, 06:16 PM

For how long, it certainly makes you look like a young kid. Oh well, a bet is a bet.

Billingsley26
11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
For how long, it certainly makes you look like a young kid. Oh well, a bet is a bet.

I have to wear it for 1 month. I am not going to complain, because I lost the game farily. Although Willie Parker got hurt on the 2nd play of the game....

eazyb81
11-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Chris Fowler breaks down the game and gives his prediction:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=fowler_chris&id=3123708

Good read.

Shane P. Hallam
11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
I have to wear it for 1 month. I am not going to complain, because I lost the game farily. Although Willie Parker got hurt on the 2nd play of the game....

On my screen it isn't big horizontally, so I'm not sure how to fix that per say.

Billingsley26
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM
On my screen it isn't big horizontally, so I'm not sure how to fix that per say.

Same here. It just goes vertically. No problem horizontally.

adschofield
11-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Bull. Loaded with talent my ***. Jordy Nelson torched Aqib Talib. Nebraska put up 39 on you guys. You might be allright at stopping the run (though Oklahoma is better) but your pass defense is not all that great.

No way in hell KU would have beaten OU in Norman. KU could barely beat Colordado in Boulder and K-State in Manhattan but you think you would beat Oklahoma in a place where they have only lost twice in the Bob Stoops era?

So you're citing one play as an example of how we have no talent...Wow. Yes, Nebraska put 39 on us, but then again they put 73 on K-State, but will you argue that K-State has a defense that bad? Of course not.

YoJoeBucsFan
11-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I do wonder though, how can the winner of this game IF they go on and win the Big 12 championship be shut out of the national championship? I mean Ohio State has no business being anywhere near that game with their loss and neither does West Virginia with their loss to South Florida.

bustabinary
11-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I do wonder though, how can the winner of this game IF they go on and win the Big 12 championship be shut out of the national championship? I mean Ohio State has no business being anywhere near that game with their loss and neither does West Virginia with their loss to South Florida.That's because there is no way the winner can be shut out if the win the Big 12 Championship.

While WVU may still be ranked ahead of Missouri (which I doubt), they're still in the big game, which is all that matters. There is no way OSU could jump Kansas/Missouri if they win out.

kwilk103
11-23-2007, 11:45 PM
if mizzou/kansas win out and wvu wins out, there your nc game

genom
11-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Danarrio Alexander looks outstanding. Fast and physical receiver who reminds me a lot of a young Terrell Owens.

BPhilb
11-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Couple of obersvations from this game (I'm a life long Tiger fan so forgive any bias):

1. Mizzou played it's sloppiest game of the year tonight including the Oklahoma game. It appeared that nerves got to the players early on and the emotions of the game caused a ton of stupid penalties which we are not accustomed to. Anyone who watches Mizzou play on a weekly basis will know what I'm talking about, but you didn't see the best version of the Tigers by far.

2. Kansas is damn good. I was skeptical coming into this game because of the schedule and the score, but this was the best defense we have played this year including the Sooners and it will be a shame if this team isn't in a BCS bowl game.

3. Gary Pinkel is living a dream. He was willing to call a fake field goal on 4th and 12 as well as go for it on forth and one in a scoreless game from the one. Not only that, but he threw the ball. This has been part of the fun all year is that Pinkel shows complete confiedence in his guys and gives them a chance to make plays and is willing to take the hit if one of these chances ever cost us the game.

4. For all of the offensive weapons Mizzou has people never talk about this OLine. This is probably one of the top 5 lines in the nation and never gets mentioned.

That's it for now. I am hoping beyond all hope that we can get past Oklahoma next week. A West Virgina/Mizzou title game would be an utterly entertaining final and one I would love to see.

kmartin575
11-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Couple of obersvations from this game (I'm a life long Tiger fan so forgive any bias):

1. Mizzou played it's sloppiest game of the year tonight including the Oklahoma game. It appeared that nerves got to the players early on and the emotions of the game caused a ton of stupid penalties which we are not accustomed to. Anyone who watches Mizzou play on a weekly basis will know what I'm talking about, but you didn't see the best version of the Tigers by far.

2. Kansas is damn good. I was skeptical coming into this game because of the schedule and the score, but this was the best defense we have played this year including the Sooners and it will be a shame if this team isn't in a BCS bowl game.

3. Gary Pinkel is living a dream. He was willing to call a fake field goal on 4th and 12 as well as go for it on forth and one in a scoreless game from the one. Not only that, but he threw the ball. This has been part of the fun all year is that Pinkel shows complete confiedence in his guys and gives them a chance to make plays and is willing to take the hit if one of these chances ever cost us the game.

4. For all of the offensive weapons Mizzou has people never talk about this OLine. This is probably one of the top 5 lines in the nation and never gets mentioned.

That's it for now. I am hoping beyond all hope that we can get past Oklahoma next week. A West Virgina/Mizzou title game would be an utterly entertaining final and one I would love to see.

It is a very good line but the center Spieker played like **** at times. I counted at least 3 plays that he made big mistakes on. I believe two of them were holding calls and the other one was the blitz pickup that he just completely missed.

TH3
11-25-2007, 03:14 AM
If OU loses to Missouri I will never post again

T-RICH49
11-25-2007, 09:14 AM
ironically for KU to now get into a BCS game we need MU to win vs OU.GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

eazyb81
11-25-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm hoping Mizzou and WVU win out so we can see a NC matchup between the two teams.

It's crazy to think about the offensive playmakers that each team could throw out there - it would be a fantastic game.

adschofield
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Good game Mizzou, we couldn't stop your offense, but I think that our offense proved themselves tonight, but we just didn't convert in the red zone in the first half. It was quite frustrating to see all 3 LB's in the game for most of the game...I would have liked to see some more nickel and dime packages.

Luckily with all the upsets, we'll still prob. be in a BCS bowl...In KC, they had some interviews with officials from Fiesta and Cotton Bowl, and they said Kansas would be in the Fiesta Bowl with a Mizzou win next week, and a good shot at being in the Cotton Bowl

jbeans187
11-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Danarrio Alexander looks outstanding. Fast and physical receiver who reminds me a lot of a young Terrell Owens.

Im glad someone noticed. Whenever he leaves, he will blow up the combine, he has a 46 inch vertical and around a 4.5 40, in a year or two he should be able to get it down to the upper 4.4's. A lot of people dont realize it but he has made some tough catches this year with a cast on his hand.

This game was crazy, going to mizzou, i dont get the oppurtunity to go to BIG games but this was an amazing atmosphere, i was glad to be a part of.

eazyb81
11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Im glad someone noticed. Whenever he leaves, he will blow up the combine, he has a 46 inch vertical and around a 4.5 40, in a year or two he should be able to get it down to the upper 4.4's. A lot of people dont realize it but he has made some tough catches this year with a cast on his hand.

This game was crazy, going to mizzou, i dont get the oppurtunity to go to BIG games but this was an amazing atmosphere, i was glad to be a part of.

Next year will be big for Alexander, as he will take Franklin's spot in the starting lineup and with Rucker graduating he should get a lot more looks.

jbeans187
11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Next year will be big for Alexander, as he will take Franklin's spot in the starting lineup and with Rucker graduating he should get a lot more looks.

plus i dont think we will use two te's as much. We will just throw in another wr.

adschofield
11-25-2007, 04:27 PM
The good thing is that Kansas is a very young team, if Talib doesn't leave (He's said that he's staying), McClinton is really the only big loss...Henry, Fine, and Rodriguez are replaceable, and if we get a JC recruit, then McAnderson leaving isn't that big of a deal...Kansas is just going to get better

kmartin575
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
The good thing is that Kansas is a very young team, if Talib doesn't leave (He's said that he's staying), McClinton is really the only big loss...Henry, Fine, and Rodriguez are replaceable, and if we get a JC recruit, then McAnderson leaving isn't that big of a deal...Kansas is just going to get better

Sorry but Kansas doesn't have the same easy schedule anymore next year.

Anybody who thinks Kansas is going to replicate this seasons success is delusional.

@ South Florida
@ Oklahoma
Texas
@ Missouri

And even @ Iowa State and @ Nebraska will not be the cakewalk you had this year.

holt_bruce81
11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
plus i dont think we will use two te's as much. We will just throw in another wr.

I dont know about that........Andrew Jones is supposed to be a beast.

jbeans187
11-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I dont know about that........Andrew Jones is supposed to be a beast.

I know he will be a stud, and will play, but hes not nearly the reciever that can split out in the same role as coffman and rucker yet.

BaLLiN
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Reesing played scared like eli manning does, and their kicker is horrible

adschofield
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Sorry but Kansas doesn't have the same easy schedule anymore next year.

Anybody who thinks Kansas is going to replicate this seasons success is delusional.

@ South Florida
@ Oklahoma
Texas
@ Missouri

And even @ Iowa State and @ Nebraska will not be the cakewalk you had this year.

Where did I say that Kansas is going to replicate this seasons' success? But I think they will have a good season...something like 9-3

kmartin575
11-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Where did I say that Kansas is going to replicate this seasons' success? But I think they will have a good season...something like 9-3

3 wins is the minimum IMO. I see them losing against Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas. South Florida was a pretty good team this year and if they are anywhere as good next year they should be able to beat KU in Florida.

I also believe KU overperformed. They should return back to earth next season.

adschofield
11-25-2007, 11:15 PM
3 wins is the minimum IMO. I see them losing against Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas. South Florida was a pretty good team this year and if they are anywhere as good next year they should be able to beat KU in Florida.

I also believe KU overperformed. They should return back to earth next season.

3 wins? I hope you meant losses...

Ehh...I see losses to Oklahoma, Missouri, and some other, random team...We have the talent to beat Texas, and we can beat South Florida

kmartin575
11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

Ehh...I see losses to Oklahoma, Missouri, and some other, random team...We have the talent to beat Texas, and we can beat South Florida

The TALENT to beat Texas? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Kansas did not go 11-1 this year because of talent. They went 11-1 because of great coaching (and an easy schedule). As far as talent is concerned Kansas is merely average. Texas has a hell of alot more talent than Kansas does.

Namy
11-26-2007, 12:33 AM

More TALENT than TEXAS? You're insane. Texas didn't play great this year, but in terms of TALENT, they will ALWAYS be around top 5-10

I was rooting for Kansas tho. This was truly their year this season. Next year is going to be much tougher for them.

T-RICH49
11-26-2007, 08:20 AM

Henry will be a bigger loss then you imagine.He was Reesing's saftey valuve when things broke down

adschofield
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
The TALENT to beat Texas? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Kansas did not go 11-1 this year because of talent. They went 11-1 because of great coaching (and an easy schedule). As far as talent is concerned Kansas is merely average. Texas has a hell of alot more talent than Kansas does.

I didn't mean talent, but I think we can beat Texas...they really blowed this year, and they lose some important pieces this year.

jbeans187
11-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I didn't mean talent, but I think we can beat Texas...they really blowed this year, and they lose some important pieces this year.

Every year they lose an important piece but fill in, they also have a lot of young studs

adschofield
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Henry will be a bigger loss then you imagine.He was Reesing's saftey valuve when things broke down

I think Dez can fill in for him, and someone like Herford will fill in for Dez

T-RICH49
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I think Dez can fill in for him, and someone like Herford will fill in for Dez

I could have sworn Herford was a Senior

adschofield
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I could have sworn Herford was a Senior

nope...Red Shirt Junior

nfrillman
11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
nope...Red Shirt Junior

Your sig needs changed..........MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!