11-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Only 4 days until our next game so let's get it started

wiscbadgerfootball
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Wooo Go Pack! Super Bowl Bound

Favre4MVP

Favre4ever
11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I hope that Grant is ok and we will see what Rouse can do against a pass first offense.

princefielder28
11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
The Lions are struggling but they always seem to find a way to play well on Thanksgiving against the Packers. The passing game has to continue to dominate, especially if Grant's ankle isn't doing so well. As far as things go defensively, we know that Harris and Woodson will be tough on the Johnsons but how will Jarrett Bush play against Mike Furrey. If he can play well enough I like our chances on stopping them.

GB12
11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
The Lions are struggling but they always seem to find a way to play well on Thanksgiving against the Packers. The passing game has to continue to dominate, especially if Grant's ankle isn't doing so well. As far as things go defensively, we know that Harris and Woodson will be tough on the Johnsons but how will Jarrett Bush play against Mike Furrey. If he can play well enough I like our chances on stopping them.
Doesn't Furrey play the slot? Bush will be on Johnson most likely.

bigboiajhawk
11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
I think grant is fine, he said in a report on the packers website that he can jump and land on his ankle, so he should be okay. Its nice that the Lions have lost the last two, but the Packers better come out to play. I hope the Packers blitz a little more, I think they got a little complacent at the end of the game against the Panters, but thats okay they didnt waste all their energy. Why dont the Packers try a different cornerback in Nickel situations because I also am concerned about Jarret Bush's play. Give Tramon Williams a try.

Sportsfan486
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM
I think grant is fine, he said in a report on the packers website that he can jump and land on his ankle, so he should be okay. Its nice that the Lions have lost the last two, but the Packers better come out to play. I hope the Packers blitz a little more, I think they got a little complacent at the end of the game against the Panters, but thats okay they didnt waste all their energy. Why dont the Packers try a different cornerback in Nickel situations because I also am concerned about Jarret Bush's play. Give Tramon Williams a try.

Neat little fact.. if we win.. all we need is either one win or one lion's loss to clinch the division.

Suhweet?

GB12
11-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Neat little fact.. if we win.. all we need is either one win or one lion's loss to clinch the division.

Suhweet?
Not true, we could still end up with the same record and have it come to tiebreakers. Two more Packer wins and two more Lions losses or four more Packers wins clinches it.

Moses
11-18-2007, 11:55 PM

Bush has actually looked pretty good the past few weeks.

Favre4ever
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM

Thats true. Whats good bout him is that he has really good speed and hes physical. One problem; he lacks experience and he gets beat most of the time bcause of it.

Sportsfan486
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Not true, we could still end up with the same record and have it come to tiebreakers. Two more Packer wins and two more Lions losses or four more Packers wins clinches it.

You're right, I was on crack and thought we had already beaten them once. Damn crack...

Whistler6
11-19-2007, 12:49 PM

Looked good? I can't help but notice Bush always getting picked on. Vinny threw to his guy all day when he was in. I don't now I like Bush, but he does get singled out...It's going to be a problem against teams like the Lions and Cowboys

To avoid letting these receivers run all over the place, I think we need to blitz a bit more. We got pressure yeah, but we need some stunts and blitzs to really get to Kitna.

I don't think I am an expert or anything near, that is just my opinions

Should be a great, great game! GO PACK! As the Packers go, so goes my week...SO LET'S WIN

Moses
11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Looked good? I can't help but notice Bush always getting picked on. Vinny threw to his guy all day when he was in. I don't now I like Bush, but he does get singled out...It's going to be a problem against teams like the Lions and Cowboys

To avoid letting these receivers run all over the place, I think we need to blitz a bit more. We got pressure yeah, but we need some stunts and blitzs to really get to Kitna.

I don't think I am an expert or anything near, that is just my opinions

Should be a great, great game! GO PACK! As the Packers go, so goes my week...SO LET'S WIN

Al Harris got burned more than Bush from what I saw. Who burned Bush at all in that game?

Boston
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Al Harris got burned more than Bush from what I saw. Who burned Bush at all in that game?

He had the "interference" call...

Xiomera
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I predicted Packers 31, Lions 24 in the equivalent thread over in the Detroit discussion forum.

GB12
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
That was a bad call. His coverage was great on that play. There wasn't much contact and he was playing the ball all the way.

Moses
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
The key for the Packers in this game is not beating themselves. Don't turn the ball over and it shouldn't be a problem to beat the Lions who have fallen off the past few weeks.

NickCollins36
11-19-2007, 05:12 PM
im worried bout our run game if grant doesnt play >.<
hopefully hes ok and is ready to go thursday
brandon jackson hasnt shown me n e thing as of yet this year
and i got 5 buck on this game XD
yeh i know im a big time gambler :D

Whistler6
11-20-2007, 01:45 AM

He gave up the TD to Drew Carter too******

Football Fan
11-20-2007, 02:07 AM
30-16 pack wins.
Creating turn overs is detroits biggest strength. If the packers can avoid that, I think the packers win handily. I think detroit has to give this game everything they got but I dont see it beeing enough

bigboiajhawk
11-20-2007, 04:53 AM

Since when is Bush on the same level as AL Harris, Bush plays not nearly the amount of snaps as Harris and gives up touchdowns and has pass interference calls galore, although the call against him was pretty bad and the spot where the foul was called was incorrect, but he is young and he is getting plenty of experience so hopefully that will help his career. To mention another young guy, how about aaron rouse, one nice pick and almost another, nick collins better watch out. Like it was stated before the name of the game is turnovers, whoever has the least will usually come out on top.

Jim Jim
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
This game will be decided by how well the Packers can stop the Lions passing attempt. The Lions are quick to ditch the run completely.

ny10804
11-21-2007, 04:29 PM
(Do you expect everybody on the injury report who hasn't been ruled out to be able to play?)
They're probable, so they'll probably play.

I love Mike McCarthy. :)

ny10804
11-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Chad Mortenson has picked against the Packers 8 times (including this week vs. the Lions). Only once has he correctly picked a win. Chad Mortenson, you suck.

Merril Hoge has picked the Packers to win 8 times (9, assuming he picks the Pack against the Lions). Only once has he picked a Packer win incorrectly. Merril Hoge, you rock.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
You mean Chris? That's pretty surprising, he's probably not aware he has done that.

Moses
11-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Chad Mortenson has picked against the Packers 8 times (including this week vs. the Lions). Only once has he correctly picked a win. Chad Mortenson, you suck.

Merril Hoge has picked the Packers to win 8 times (9, assuming he picks the Pack against the Lions). Only once has he picked a Packer win incorrectly. Merril Hoge, you rock.

Haha how can you pick against the Packers in games like Minnesota or Carolina?

ny10804
11-21-2007, 06:37 PM
You mean Chris? That's pretty surprising, he's probably not aware he has done that.

My bad. But you get the sense that he thought the Packers were gonna suck this season, and kept picking them to lose thinking that they were due.

opponent, prediction, result

vs PHI, L, W (close)
@ NY, L, W (silly boy)
vs SD, L, W (can't blame him)
@ MIN, L, W (seriously?)
vs CHI, W, L (this must have angered him)
vs WASH, L, W (yea of little faith)
@ DEN, L, W (understandable, I guess)
@ KC, L, W (understandable, but, c'mon man!)
vs MIN, W, W (hooray!!! he got one!!!)
vs CAR, W, W (he must be on to something)
@ DET, L, ?

One thing to keep in mind, it's not like he's trying to pick a winner against the spread or anything, just an outright winner, which makes his 2-8 record for picking Packer games really funny/pathetic.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah that's bad. Maybe after we got on a roll he thought we'd be hitting more road bumps and losing some close ones. I still remember maybe 5 seasons ago he picked the Packers to go to the Super Bowl and he was the only one, that kinda stuck with me. He's interviewed Favre and stuff, knows him a little bit. I thought he'd give us more credit.

WMD
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
I didn't think the Packers would be that good this year.. but I got the message after a few weeks.. We'll be proving Chard Mortenson right this week, when Calvin Johnson dominates and we ride his back to a Victory!

But it's always fun to see Brett Favre on Thanksgiving.

Boston
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Random Fact: 11 weeks into the season, the Packers pass offense leads the league with 11 completions of 40+ yards.

The Legend
11-22-2007, 02:00 AM
i really hope Justin Harrell get lot of play time this maybe our chance to see what got

neko4
11-22-2007, 05:58 AM
We are both similar teams offensivly, but our rushing attack is emerging, and they havent done much on the ground. Defensivly we have a huge advantage.
Also GB WR's >>>> DET WR's

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 08:59 AM
We are both similar teams offensivly, but our rushing attack is emerging, and they havent done much on the ground. Defensivly we have a huge advantage.
Also GB WR's >>>> DET WR's

I'm sorry, but no. If Detroit's receivers had a QB like Favre and an Offensive Coordinator that wasn't an idiot, then it wouldn't even be comparable.

Football Fan
11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Roussssssseeeee.

cordscords
11-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Packers dominating now.

Football Fan
11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Nice blowout win for the pack, but to many injuries. Dallas better look out. The packers might catch them a little over confident. As usual most of the media has been sucking the cowboys ass declaring dallas the best team in the nfc. I think its a laugh.

cordscords
11-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Now a 1 possesion game. Awesome...

Sportsfan486
11-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Now a 1 possesion game. Awesome...

Our defense seems to fold at the end of games and give up TDs, what's with that?

Still, double-digit win. Ryan Grant.. man.. he's awesome. AWESOME.

Do you guys realize that if we beat the Cowboys next week we'll have BASICALLY clinched home-field? Ditto for them if they beat us, though.

Empire
11-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Our defense seems to fold at the end of games and give up TDs, what's with that?

The defensive play calling becomes way too conservative at the end of blowout games.

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Favre > God

TitleTown088
11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Favre > God

You said it brother!

TitleTown088
11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, but no. If Detroit's receivers had a QB like Favre and an Offensive Coordinator that wasn't an idiot, then it wouldn't even be comparable.

I actually think GBs recivers are better at this point. Especaially better for the system they play in.

Jmohr107
11-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Cole fractured his forearm in the second half, maybe we'll see Harrell next week in he is healthy.

Also, it sucks about Woodson, especially that the injury happened on the punt return. But luckily Williams and Bush played pretty well in his place. Hopefully he is not out too long.

Hawk
11-22-2007, 08:49 PM
What's the update on KGB?

princefielder28
11-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Cole fractured his forearm in the second half, maybe we'll see Harrell next week in he is healthy.

Also, it sucks about Woodson, especially that the injury happened on the punt return. But luckily Williams and Bush played pretty well in his place. Hopefully he is not out too long.

Woodson said his toe isn't broken so thats good news.......as far as our DT situation, Pickett and Williams will start but we will need big contributions out of Harrell, if healthy, and probably muir. I wouldn't be suprised to see Jenkins inside at DT at times either and Montgomery get more chances at DE

jackalope
11-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Ryan Grant continues to convince me he's for real.

NickCollins36
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
ryan grant our savior =)
finally a run game!
YES!!! we hav a run game finally ladies and gentlemen

umphrey
11-22-2007, 10:26 PM
ryan grant our savior =)
finally a run game!
YES!!! we hav a run game finally ladies and gentlemen

kind of...the first half was awful

I think it will be on and off a lot

neko4
11-22-2007, 10:36 PM
So...
KGB
Colin Cole
Charles Woodson
Johnny Jolly

All hurt going into next week?

I think KGB and Woodson will get back, not sure though

Football Fan
11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Dallas plays the best in the second half, so I hope the packs defense can play all 4 quarters. I know what they have been giving up lately has been garbage time points, but with dallas so strong in the second half im a little concerned with the packers 4th quarter play. Also, I thought that favre broke his jinx playing in dallas but I just heard that favre has never won over there.

Boston
11-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Dallas plays the best in the second half, so I hope the packs defense can play all 4 quarters. I know what they have been giving up lately has been garbage time points, but with dallas so strong in the second half im a little concerned with the packers 4th quarter play. Also, I thought that favre broke his jinx playing in dallas but I just heard that favre has never won over there.

I think our performance in general in the fourth quarter the last few weeks is more a result of the lack of urgency, or really, care, due to the large leads.

umphrey
11-23-2007, 02:03 AM
RT Mark Tauscher left with his sprained ankle. Tauscher said he actually felt better later in the game, but the big lead allowed them to get him some rest and play Tony Moll. He said he'll play against the Cowboys;
DT Colin Cole left late with fractured left forearm. He's probably out for a while unless he can play in a lot of pain. He couldn't even put his shirt on all the way. He didn't look happy;
WR Donald Driver has a right foot injury and was limping around pretty good in the locker room. He's in a lot of pain but says he's fine. He'll be there on Thursday;
S Aaron Rouse left with a knee injury, not just to give Charlie Peprah. Not sure of Rouse's injury quite yet, but he looked fine in the locker room and was in good spirits;
CB Charles Woodson (toe) was in the locker room. Here's what Woodson had to say after the game: "Its not broken, but it hurts, he said. "Its my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland. Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas;
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila was not in the locker room. We're waiting to hear on him.

From PackerChatters

Sounds like all of them will play except for Cole, who is likely out indefinitely. We need to get some healthy DTs for the playoffs or teams are going to run all over us. Also if KGB, Driver, Woodson all have to play with nagging injuries, we will lose a lot of playmakers.

Favre4ever
11-23-2007, 07:49 AM

How can he awful in the first half when he didnt even get a chance to get in the game? We barely ran the ball and he got 101 yards out of it. He had a great game. BTW does anybody here still think Rouse cannot cover?

GB12
11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I thought our pass coverage was great. Al shut down Roy Williams and the rest of the WRs didn't do much. Even with Woodson out we held one of the top passing offenses in check.

GB12
11-23-2007, 09:59 AM

We had like 4 runs in the first half. He ended with 101 yards and a TD with a 6.7 average.

ny10804
11-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Some tidbits from the game:

On Greg Jennings' first TD, the offensive line was run-blocking, indicating Brett Favre checked out of a run play after seeing Detroit had 8 men in the box (the 8th man ran back into coverage a split second before the snap).

Jason Spitz made Ernie Sims look foolish with a perfect block (which Sims proceeded to rip out of incompletely the wrong direction) on Grant's TD run.

Daryn Colledge had a very nice block on Paris Lenon on Grant's 1st big run.

2 of Brett's TDs came in the 4-WR/1 back formation.

On Driver's 40 yard catch and run, Grant made a crucial block on #25, whose fallen body caused Ernie Sims to trip.

On Grant's 2nd big run, the Lions ran a stunt which the Packers picked up beautifully. Left TE Donald Lee blocked out on a blitzing LB, taking him out of the play (Lee blatantly held/tackled him, but it had no effect on the play). The RDE slanted left; Chad Clifton wisely did not try to block him, allowing for LG Daryn Colledge to pick him up very nicely and drive him to the right. Clifton proceeded to seal-block the left ILB (Paris Lenon?) which created a huge whole for Grant to run through. Shaun Rogers lined head up on Scott Wells, and also slanted to his left. Jason Spitz picked him up, and Wells came off onto the weakside ILB (Ernie Sims), which sprung Grant. RT Tony Moll stepped play side, eventually running into the guy Colledge was blocking. FB Korey Hall made a beautiful cut block on safety Kenoy Kennedy, who was trying to fill just outside Chad Clifton's left. Right WR Ruvell Martin ran towards the middle of the field and blocked nobody, thinking that because the play was designed off left tackle, he would be out of the play. After Grant cut across field and ran past him, he tried to redeem himself by making a blind side block on #42, who sidestepped him, causing Martin to tumble to the sideline turf, unable to control himself after bursting into the air.

ny10804
11-24-2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071124/PKR01/711240446/1989

Posted November 24, 2007
In the fourth quarter, needing one more score to thwart Detroit's comeback bid, Ryan Grant broke loose on a 27-yard run that got the Packers in field-goal position. The call and the execution fullback Korey Hall knocking down his man, center Scott Wells passing up the nose tackle to block the linebacker, left tackle Chad Clifton stopping the blitzing linebacker instead of the end were perfect.

Tom Pelissero must have been surfing the NFLDC forums last night...

Empire
11-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I really hope McCarthy gives most of the injured players the full week off to recover. This is going to be the biggest game of the year for the Packers, and they need as many of their players as possible. McCarthy can sit most of the injured for the Raiders game. We could probably beat the Raiders with the practice squad.

Moses
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
I really hope McCarthy gives most of the injured players the full week off to recover. This is going to be the biggest game of the year for the Packers, and they need as many of their players as possible. McCarthy can sit most of the injured for the Raiders game. We could probably beat the Raiders with the practice squad.

I hope Russell plays in that game. I want to see him on the field this year.