PDA

View Full Version : Future #2 ?

LonghornsLegend
11-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Just wanted to get input from some colts fans, if Reggie Wayne steps into the #1 wr role next year, do you think you guys take another wr 1st rd to fill in the #2 role, or go grab a guy in FA...The Organization has showed they like 2 have top weapons around manning and usually take 1st rd picks on offense, I wasnt sure if Gonzalez was in the mold 2 play a #2 wr at some point, or if he is a career slot guy, and if you take another rookie thats a pretty young and inexperienced wr group, but this is all assuming Harrison is pretty much finished

Geo
11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm not expecting Harrison to retire after this season. He's more likely to sign a new deal (hopefully more incentive-based) or restructure his current deal. He can still be productive for a few more years.

If the knee injury Harrison has suffered is serious enough to threaten his career, we'll see then. I tend to think not, especially as Harrison is nearing a return - most likely in Week 13.

RCAChainGang
11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I like Gonzo in the slot. After Harrison leaves IDK who will take #2

MaxV
11-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Gonzo had a great game against the Falcons.

In both of his best games of the season he has played on outside. I think it's safe to say he can play there.

I believe he's our #2 of the future and I believe he'll be a good one.

I'm not sure how serious Marvin's injury, I hope he'll be back and produce the way he has in the past.

RyanLeaf#1
11-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Just wanted to get input from some colts fans, if Reggie Wayne steps into the #1 wr role next year, do you think you guys take another wr 1st rd to fill in the #2 role, or go grab a guy in FA...The Organization has showed they like 2 have top weapons around manning and usually take 1st rd picks on offense, I wasnt sure if Gonzalez was in the mold 2 play a #2 wr at some point, or if he is a career slot guy, and if you take another rookie thats a pretty young and inexperienced wr group, but this is all assuming Harrison is pretty much finished

The Colts dont even have a 1st round pick in the 2008 draft to use on a receiver.

Geo
11-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Four 1st round picks on wide receivers? Matt Millen, is that you? Heh.

To see what Stokley (aka The Slot Machine) did when healthy in this offense, and what Wes Welker is doing with the Patriots now, it's not hard to appreciate the Colts' train of thought in gladly drafting Anthony Gonzalez. Hopefully he brings that potential to this offense week after week for years to come.

I'd still like to see Gonzo return punts in the playoffs only. It's the postseason, give it everything you have.

indyfan1985
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Gonzo had a great game against the Falcons.

In both of his best games of the season he has played on outside. I think it's safe to say he can play there.

I believe he's our #2 of the future and I believe he'll be a good one.

I'm not sure how serious Marvin's injury, I hope he'll be back and produce the way he has in the past.

Nah I still see Gonzalez as our slot WR, but I believe we will use him the way the Pats use Welker, therefore he will be the #2 target among our WRs.