PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Tackle Tony Hills

oldLibid21
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I know he's injured, but I'm just wondering what you guys think of him right now. What're your thoughts on his injury? What type of effect will it have on his career and his draft stock?

And my Important Two:

-What round are you guys projecting him to be drafted around?
-Tony Hills is at 305 lbs. right now, but what if he were to play for a team like the Atlanta Falcons? Do you think he has the frame to gain a couple more pounds to fit in a power blocking system to play left tackle? (Usual offensive linemen for Petrino are around 315+ lbs.)

D-Unit
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Late Day 1.

OT's that could be drafted before him:
Jake Long
Sam Baker
Ryan Clady
Gosder Cherrilus
Jeffrey Otah
Chris Williams
Barry Richardson
Michael Oher (if he declares)
Alex Boone (if he declares)

ATLDirtyBirds
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I know he's injured, but I'm just wondering what you guys think of him right now. What're your thoughts on his injury? What type of effect will it have on his career and his draft stock?

And my Important Two:

-What round are you guys projecting him to be drafted around?
-Tony Hills is at 305 lbs. right now, but what if he were to play for a team like the Atlanta Falcons? Do you think he has the frame to gain a couple more pounds to fit in a power blocking system to play left tackle? (Usual offensive linemen for Petrino are around 315+ lbs.)

I don't think 315 is even big enough.

oldLibid21
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Late Day 1.

OT's that could be drafted before him:
Jake Long
Sam Baker
Ryan Clady
Gosder Cherrilus
Jeffrey Otah
Chris Williams
Barry Richardson
Michael Oher (if he declares)
Alex Boone (if he declares)

Day one as in... 2nd round or 3rd round? (Because as you already know, they changed day one to only consist of two rounds.)

11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Day one as in... 2nd round or 3rd round? (Because as you already know, they changed day one to only consist of two rounds.)

thats true we better start getting used to that lol

D-Unit
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Doh! You're right.

Round 3 selection. Depending on progress, could move up or down.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I think Hills is a little underrated on this board. I don't have a problem with any of the people Unit listed, I just think more tackles will come off the board than we think, especially with the guard position being so low. It wouldn't suprise me at all to see a team take Hills and Oher and move them inside for their first year. Same goes for Sam Baker depending upon how early he is drafted.

D-Unit
11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Hills is a little underrated on this board. I don't have a problem with any of the people Unit listed, I just think more tackles will come off the board than we think, especially with the guard position being so low. It wouldn't suprise me at all to see a team take Hills and Oher and move them inside for their first year. Same goes for Sam Baker depending upon how early he is drafted.
He was having a tremendous year prior to his injury and he doesn't have a history of being injured, but I don't know if he can squeeze in the top 2 rounds. A lot depends on who declares.

6 OTs have been drafted in the first 2 rounds the last 3 years. Not saying that's bound to happen again, but I don't know if I see much more than that. ...again.. underclassmen will make a big difference where he ends up.

Rnd 1: 3
Rnd 2: 3

Rnd 1: 1
Rnd 2: 5

Rnd 1: 2
Rnd 2: 4

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
But again....you have to include total offensive lineman in that. I don't think you'll see a single interior OL drafted in the first two rounds, and that will clear up room for a tackle or two to be taken. I think 8-9 is a very realistic # for tackles in the first 64 picks.

D-Unit
11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
But again....you have to include total offensive lineman in that. I don't think you'll see a single interior OL drafted in the first two rounds, and that will clear up room for a tackle or two to be taken. I think 8-9 is a very realistic # for tackles in the first 64 picks.
Yeah we'll see. Eric Young could be taken ahead of Hills for that very reason. Cause I think Hills is a better OT than Young at OT.

Gchu83
11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
If he can recover completely for the combine/workouts, his stock will go up. He is an extremely athletic lineman (recruited as a TE) so I think he has a chance to go in the 2nd no problem because I think he will workout well.