detroit4life
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
kitna: sacked 8 times
CJ: thrown to twice
KJ: 5 caries
Backus and foster: allowed all 8 sacks

Xiomera
11-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Defensive Line: 5 offsides or encroachment penalties.

Furrey/McDonald: 2 catches each on 3rd down, none of which result in first downs.

jbombul
11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
shaun rogers- 8 snaps played at full speed
shaun rogers-20 snaps played at half ass speed

roy williams- 5 catches
roy williams-3 drops

jon kitna- 3 20 yard completions
jon kitna- 4 20 second route reads

rod marinelli- one inspirtational one snap at a time pre game speech
rod marinelli- one sad limp into half time as each bone in his leg "snaps"

matt millen- one happy man team doubled wins from last year
matt millen-see above

calvin johnson- 1 chip on shoulder before game
calvin johnson- 1 chip in ass from splinter on bench

ne more??

detroit4life
11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
jeff backus- also a happy man because he is able to steal from the ford family with the ridiculous contract gift wrapped for him from millen

green bay de's- also happy because our tackles are so bad they get to dominate them all game then go have a nice turkey dinner

Bootland27
11-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Cant wait for Thanksgiving, where the Lions are the turkey and will be craved up by Favre

bondo_10
11-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Lions lose in a nail-biter...34-3!! Lions rush for -20 more yards, and like he said, Calvin Johnson get thrown to twice, COME ON!! Good things happen when you get the ball to the Megatron.

D-Unit
11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
You guys are hilarious. Especially like the CJ wit a splinter in his ass one... LMAO.

I see Kitna being the starter for at least 2 more years unless he suffers a huge injury. Hope you all enjoy the Stanton experiment. I liked him at MSU.

detroit4life
11-20-2007, 10:44 PM
You guys are hilarious. Especially like the CJ wit a splinter in his ass one... LMAO.

I see Kitna being the starter for at least 2 more years unless he suffers a huge injury. Hope you all enjoy the Stanton experiment. I liked him at MSU.

i believe he will be a good QB i watched a lot of his games and i was a huge supporter of us taking him

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 11:57 AM
If it weren't for the fact that today is Thanksgiving, I would have some choice words for Raiola after that first series . . .

That said, 6-0 Lions!

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Add Jon Kitna to my list of people that are making me mad. Don't take a sack if its gonna knock you out of field goal range.

Lions should be ahead 13-0 after their first 3 drives, and yet its only 6-0.

It's only a matter of time till Favre rips our secondary to shreds.

detroit4life
11-22-2007, 01:23 PM
seems like detroits offense is continuosly shooting themselves in the foot. Dump penalties dropped passes dumb decisions. They should be winning this game but they ccant get into the endzone. Also they need to blitz the crap outa favre if they sit back he'll dominate them

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Quite pathetic.

Three turkey's of the first half:

1. Jon Kitna
2. Dominic Raiola
3. Calvin Johnson

Gobble, Gobble

detroitsports
11-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe Jon Kitna was right. This team could win 10 games, but not wiht him at QB. He makes this O-line look worse than they are (not that they're good.) He holds the ball well beyond when he should have thrown it, or scrambles out of the pocket, pump fakes a million times and still rarely throws it away. Kitna is not the answer, why can't the coaches and everyone else realize it.

Also, someone must have complained about the lack of action for Calvin Johnson, and yeah he had a couple of drops, but the ball was being forced to him repeatedly. Why is it so hard to spread the ball around with this recieving core? The answer................. Jon Kitna

Brodeur
11-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Jeez Kitna wasn't THAT bad. The Defensive Back's were the reason the Lions lost the game. They couldn't tackle or cover at all. Just a horrid game from the DB's.

Xiomera
11-22-2007, 04:41 PM
They came out with T.J. Duckett on the first drive . . . did he even see the field the past two weeks? Cason played a ton as well . . .

Martz has no game to game consistancy. I don't really understand.

detroitsports
11-22-2007, 07:21 PM
"Jeez Kitna wasn't THAT bad. The Defensive Back's were the reason the Lions lost the game. They couldn't tackle or cover at all. Just a horrid game from the DB's."

No, Kitna wasn't THAT bad, but I don't see the Lions possibly going anywhere wiht him at QB

Somewhere in this offseason the defensive back position has to be addressed. The coverage is rarely even close. If we are playing a QB that can throw the ball at all we will get picked apart in every game. Nearly every team we have beaten this year has been weak at the QB position (too bad we dont get to play the Bears again.) I'm not seeing the improvement in this team anymore.

detroit4life
11-22-2007, 07:57 PM
i think ur overreacting a little bit. Kitna is an average QB he always has been and always will be. Yes the DB needs to and will be addressed and ur right any team with a decent QB will carve us up and thats why i see only two more wins from this team possibly three. Minn and KC and possibly SD why? MIN and KC have bad QBs and Rivers is decent.
But i think ur dead wrong to say you dont see the improvement in this team. :ast year this wouldnt have even been a game GB would have won 40-6. I think we need to pass a lot more then we run i think our offense is at its best when they are spread out 4 wide. And they showed that in the 4th quarter

Brodeur
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
One thing I don't hear people mentioning is how awful Jeff Backus has been this season. There had previously always been the excuse of lousy LG play with David Loverne and Rick DeMulling and such, but with Ed Mutalito playing decent to solid, Backus has just been terrible this year. Plus, we can't exactly get rid of him because of his absurd contract and he's basically a black hole.

detroitsports
11-22-2007, 09:15 PM
"But i think ur dead wrong to say you dont see the improvement in this team. :ast year this wouldnt have even been a game GB would have won 40-6. I think we need to pass a lot more then we run i think our offense is at its best when they are spread out 4 wide. And they showed that in the 4th quarter"

yeah you're right i did overreact, I was still venting from the game. What I was saying though was that we were getting so much better, and suddenly its just stopped. I wasn't comparing it to last year, becuase that improvement is undeniable. I'm hoping we can get it together and drag out a couple more wins. I do stand by what I said about Mr. Kitna however.

TacticaLion
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
We played horribly and only lost by 11. God, we need a new secondary.

bigredballer
11-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I think we need to pass a lot more then we run i think our offense is at its best when they are spread out 4 wide. And they showed that in the 4th quarter

Only problem with this theory is the domination of the first quarter when they ran the ball mostly with KJ and Duckett. Seemed like a pretty good quarter, just need to finish it with TD's and not FG's.

mqtirishfan
11-22-2007, 10:49 PM
shaun rogers- 8 snaps played at full speed
shaun rogers-20 snaps played at half ass speed

No joke, there. I honestly cracked up watching him on some of the replays. They zoom in on him to show a double team, and he didn't so much as attempt to move forward. It was pathetic.

Also, Martz should have learned after the first bull rush by Kampman that Saipaia could not deal with him. There was not enough help for him in the form of TEs and HBs.