PDA

View Full Version : Mock

Hines
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I really like this one, I was brainstorming last night and I have come to a conclusion.....

Round 1: Chris Williams OT Vandervilt
I officially have a man crush on him, also since our pass blocking and line in general is bad this year, this pick makes sence.One of the better olineman in the draft and possibly the best tackle in the SEC.Hasnt allowed a sack this year going against the top pass rushers in the conference.

Round 2: Leodis McKelvin CB Troy State
We need a speed guy to cover all the number two recievers in the league. McKelvin is that. While I really like Bmac, he just isnt fast enough to cover all those fast recievers and should be our Nickel corner. McKelvin has good size and ball skills. He also returns punts and kicks and could push Rossum off the roster and return kicks his rookie season till he develops. One of few sleepers i like in this draft.

Round 3: Kendall Langford DE Hampton
Two straight sleepers and small school products that I have selected. Langford is a big, aggressive player who can rush the passer and stop the run, and with ease as well. He can develop as a backup to Smith and Keisel and push Eason and Kirchke off the roster for good. He is too good to pass up if he was here.

Round 4: Will Arnold G LSU
With Fanaca most likely leaving, why not go back to the place where we got our All-pro guard at. Arnold is a big body who can run block with the best of them. An inconsistant senior year has made him drop, but he was once regarded as a first round pick. Can end up being a steal at one point.

Round 5: Lance Leggett WR Miami (Fla)
We need another reciever. Not a big time reciever just yet, but we need one to back up Hines and Holmes. Leggett is big and fast and could turn out to be a steal if he can turn around his off the field problems and inconsistantly. I really like him.

Round 6: Dominique Barber S Minnesota
All Barber will bring is depth to a position in need. We all know about Polamalus tendacy of getting hurt, and with Clark status uncertain, we will need a saftey that will back both of them up.

I like this draft and I believe this draft can really help us. I believe we will be somewhat active in the free agent to fill our other needs.

Discuss?

skarocksoi
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I dont know either of your sleepers in rounds 2 and 3, but I'd have to say unless they are physical freaks, that seems too high of a pick. Again I dont know them, so maybe they are rediculous, but sleepers are usually from the 4th rounds on. Also, someone said this before, but we have 4 CB's that would start before any rookie, so why take one in the second. Granted, Townsend is getting old, but he's got a year or two left and we have mcfadden and *** to come in and replace him. Why spend second round pick money for a dime-back at best?

I think our best strategy is 2 O-lineman in the first 3 rounds, and another pass rusher or wide reciever with the remaining pick. I dont know who or where to pick who, but thats what I would do. After that, I'd say go secondary and D-line, then whatever else looks good. That would be my drafting strategy as of today.

TerribleEd
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't mind the Chris Williams pick, but I am also on the Otah bandwagon. I figured he wouldn't remain a second or third round projection, and actually think he would be worth a late first round selection.

I'm not sure about the corner in Rd 2, but like Kendall Langford in the third round because we need some youth on the D-Line.

Will Arnold in the fourth round would be a good thing, although I also like Kory Lichtensteiger because of his flexibility as a G/C.

Man_Of_Steel
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Hines, thats just a bad mock. Williams is not as great as you see him and really isnt a first round grade. Also that 2nd round pick may be the biggest reach Ive seen in a mock draft this year. Overall our needs are not addressed and the value is not there.

Mr. Stiller
11-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Hines, thats just a bad mock. Williams is not as great as you see him and really isnt a first round grade. Also that 2nd round pick may be the biggest reach Ive seen in a mock draft this year. Overall our needs are not addressed and the value is not there.

Why is Williams not a 1st round pick. He's probably one of the few guys in this draft that can play LT solidly in the Pro's.

I'm really starting to think Otah is a pro LT.

Jakey
11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Why is Williams not a 1st round pick. He's probably one of the few guys in this draft that can play LT solidly in the Pro's.

I'm really starting to think Otah is a pro LT.

Yeah same here...Toonsterwu had him going in the top 10 in his latest mock...and hes regarded as one of the most knowledgable posters on here

Mr. Stiller
11-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah same here...Toonsterwu had him going in the top 10 in his latest mock...and hes regarded as one of the most knowledgable posters on here

I think Top10 is a little high.

I still expect Sam Baker, Jake Long.. and 1-2 Jrs' that declare (Clady and Oher/Loadholt, Possibly even Herman Johnson, Duke Robinson, Kansas' OT or Nebraska's OT.)

Mock will be up soon.

Hines
11-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I think that Baker could fall to us personally

Mr. Stiller
11-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I think that Baker could fall to us personally

I'm not a fan of Baker. If I go to use a 1st on a OL Prospect. He better be either a complete OT or a monster in one aspect.

Baker is a great tactician, but he doesn't have pro-ready strength for LT, and generates no push in the run game.