PDA

View Full Version : MAC

brat316
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I realized that their is no MAC thread, sure its super late into the season, and I decide to make one who cares.

Also a Temple Univ. thread because they are amazing, should have beat UConn. Stupid UConn being ranked 25 and all, that a bunch of horse poop.

Any Ways Travis Shelton, Hester's cousin and 2 other guys' cousin in NFL. Looks good on returns last year, but this year where did he go? I hear hes not doing to good in school, so Golden benched/limited his role.

fischbowl
11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I realized that their is no MAC thread, sure its super late into the season, and I decide to make one who cares.

Also a Temple Univ. thread because they are amazing, should have beat UConn. Stupid UConn being ranked 25 and all, that a bunch of horse poop.

Any Ways Travis Shelton, Hester's cousin and 2 other guys' cousin in NFL. Looks good on returns last year, but this year where did he go? I hear hes not doing to good in school, so Golden benched/limited his role.

Shelton is the best player to come out of that god-forsaken Owl program in a long time.

brat316
11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, last player to be drafted from Temple was Ryan Wallace by the Steelers. But Hey the Owls are finally turning it up, in 2 year they will be good. See right now they have the most starting Freshmen, if they play together which they will for 2 years straight they will be pretty damn good, they will have a rutgers like year. Only Problem is the Qb situation, I like DiMichales becuase he can move around in the pocket, and get second chances. Vaghun only has the deep ball, which is nice with the speed WR, but he can't pull out trick plays like DiMichaels.

Im_a_Romosexual
11-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Shelton= Beast. That is all. Oh and Nate Davis the QB from Ball State is sick! (since its a mac thread)

brat316
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I want temple to win the confernce so badly so they go to the MAC title game, but that lost to Ohio Univ. screwed us over, at least we won against Kent, and if we win at West Michigan we will be in pretty good standings.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Buffalo has made immeasurable progress this year. Just 4-7, I know, but we were in the driver seat for the MAC East for much of the year until the past two games. The Miami ending still hurts. They'll lose some top defensive guys like Scott and Hutchinson next year, but if Gill sticks around and the line can stay strong enough (Not really sure who's gone at the moment besides Richard), Willy-Starks-Henry-Roosevelt-Jackson will all be back and we could contend.
Willy has probably been the best QB in the MAC East this year, hopefully as a senior he can lead us to a bowl.

Michigan
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Both Western and Central have done a lot worse than I thought they would. I penciled in Central for 8 wins (could still get there) and Western for 9 (whoops. hey, at least they beat iowa...) in August. At least Eastern has shown improvement.

fischbowl
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Buffalo has made immeasurable progress this year. Just 4-7, I know, but we were in the driver seat for the MAC East for much of the year until the past two games. The Miami ending still hurts. They'll lose some top defensive guys like Scott and Hutchinson next year, but if Gill sticks around and the line can stay strong enough (Not really sure who's gone at the moment besides Richard), Willy-Starks-Henry-Roosevelt-Jackson will all be back and we could contend.
Willy has probably been the best QB in the MAC East this year, hopefully as a senior he can lead us to a bowl.

Turner Gill has been a godsend for us.

critesy
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM

Danny Barrett FTW.

brat316
11-20-2007, 12:03 AM
How do you like that we gave Miami (OH) their first and only loss so far in the conf. Else they would be 6-0 after that Buff game, in the conf. They are going to win the MAC title, most likely.

Billingsley26
11-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Turner Gill has been a godsend for us.

Rumour has it he may be heading to take the Nebraska job from Bill Callahan.

brat316
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
If that is true, Hoooray Temple, now we have a chance to win MAC title next year, instead of waiting 2 years.

I hope Golden doesn't leave Temple.

SuperMcGee
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
How do you like that we gave Miami (OH) their first and only loss so far in the conf. Else they would be 6-0 after that Buff game, in the conf. They are going to win the MAC title, most likely.

42-7 :)

Those Gill rumors have been around, he keeps saying he's not done building this program, but Nebraska is a big job and he is loved there.

brat316
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
hey, we were suppose to win that game, idk what happened. For Temple's sake I hope he is done building

Billingsley26
11-20-2007, 07:04 PM
42-7 :)

Those Gill rumors have been around, he keeps saying he's not done building this program, but Nebraska is a big job and he is loved there.

yes, he is revered in Nebraska, and I would take NEB over UB anyday, and its no knock on UB.

RyanLeaf#1
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, last player to be drafted from Temple was Ryan Wallace by the Steelers. But Hey the Owls are finally turning it up, in 2 year they will be good. See right now they have the most starting Freshmen, if they play together which they will for 2 years straight they will be pretty damn good, they will have a rutgers like year. Only Problem is the Qb situation, I like DiMichales becuase he can move around in the pocket, and get second chances. Vaghun only has the deep ball, which is nice with the speed WR, but he can't pull out trick plays like DiMichaels.

When DiMichaels got injured that hurt Temple so bad. Dimicahels brings so much more to the table then Vaghun. Next year I think Temple has a legit shot to win the MAC, but as far as this week goes I think they are in trouble against Western Michigan.

diabsoule
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
I have heard rumors that Temple will possibly be re-joining the Big East in 2012.

SuperKevin
11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I remember Walter Washington

http://www.temple.edu/temple_times/9-16-04/WashingtonTT.jpg

RyanLeaf#1
11-21-2007, 12:25 PM
I remember Walter Washington

http://www.temple.edu/temple_times/9-16-04/WashingtonTT.jpg

Are you done training?

SuperKevin
11-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Are you done training?

Yeah. got home last night at like 10 PM

RyanLeaf#1
11-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah. got home last night at like 10 PM

Awesome. Just in time to watch Boise State crush Hawaii and watch ASU beat up on USC.

SuperMcGee
11-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Buffalo won, Miami lost and BG won earlier in the week, so all three of them I think will share the MAC East title.

Central Michigan against Miami in what to me is a very diappointing championship game. CMU's defense is a joke and Miami is nothing to be excited about. I'll just root for LeFevour.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Buffalo and Temple honestly should be dominating the MAC, but both programs are historically poop. If you consider the fact that there are 6 Ohio MAC teams that also have to compete with Ohio State and Cincinnati for just their state alone, and they still dominate the division. Pathetic.

Buffalo competes with who? Syracuse?

Billingsley26
11-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Buffalo won, Miami lost and BG won earlier in the week, so all three of them I think will share the MAC East title.

Central Michigan against Miami in what to me is a very diappointing championship game. CMU's defense is a joke and Miami is nothing to be excited about. I'll just root for LeFevour.

Buffalo football teams could become very familiar with the SkyDome. UB may get a bowl bid for the International Bowl, and we all know about the Bills playing a game there.

brat316
11-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I hear Gill Turner might be leaving, he is getting a job offer somewhere, he is competeing with the LSU d-coorinator

Billingsley26
11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I hear Gill Turner might be leaving, he is getting a job offer somewhere, he is competeing with the LSU d-coorinator

Yea, its at Nebraska. That is all the talk up in Buffalo.
And his name is Tuner Gill. lol.

RyanLeaf#1
12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Bad news for Temple. Al Golden has been interviewed by UCLA.

RyanLeaf#1
12-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Good to hear that Al Golden has withdrew his name from the UCLA job. And it has been reported that he had a great shot of getting the job before he did so. He said today that there is to much unfinished business at Temple. Man I love this guy.

brat316
01-11-2008, 05:25 AM
not much happening in the MAC other than Al Golden dominating in recruiting. Also nice to see that the Owls had the number 2 D in the MAC

SuperMcGee
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Turner Gill got extended through the 2012 season

And yeah, Buffalo = your next MAC champion

brat316
01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
No its TU, u watch we have the best recuriting in the MAC, we already had the number 2 D with the most freshmen starting.

SuperMcGee
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
You also had the worst offense in the conference

No way you beat out the Drew Willy machine (who is 2-0 against Temple, athankyou)

JHG722
04-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Hate to bump an old thread, but...

:)

brat316
04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Well if Temple can get a running game started this year hopefully things can get rolling. It'll even help out the qbs who won't have to do much but convert on 3rd and hopefully short.

JHG722
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
We're completely stacked at RB this year.

brat316
04-03-2009, 01:55 AM
We're completely stacked at RB this year.

They certainly have the quantity. When is the C&W game, I think its the 18th?

SuperMcGee
04-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Turner Gill got extended through the 2012 season

And yeah, Buffalo = your next MAC champion

So I'm a genius, after all.

The offense will have a very different look. Willy is out :(, double threat Maynard is in. Ernest Jackson is the other big loss in the passing game. Starks, Thermilus, and Maynard should lead a good ground game. Roosevelt will still make things happen, he and Starks have a chance to make good draft stocks for themselves.
And we still have Gill!

fischbowl
04-03-2009, 07:47 PM
So I'm a genius, after all.

The offense will have a very different look. Willy is out :(, double threat Maynard is in. Ernest Jackson is the other big loss in the passing game. Starks, Thermilus, and Maynard should lead a good ground game. Roosevelt will still make things happen, he and Starks have a chance to make good draft stocks for themselves.
And we still have Gill!

Zach Maynard is quite the cosmopolitan. Half black and Half Asian. But with Naaman/Starks on offence and Winters/Shannon on defence, I have no doubts we'll repeat as conference champs

JHG722
04-03-2009, 11:20 PM
They certainly have the quantity. When is the C&W game, I think its the 18th?

Yup.

Zach Maynard is quite the cosmopolitan. Half black and Half Asian. But with Naaman/Starks on offence and Winters/Shannon on defence, I have no doubts we'll repeat as conference champs

I have doubts, but good luck to you guys. Hopefully we can finally beat you :)

critesy
04-04-2009, 12:49 PM
hey buffalo people, what position coach is danny barrett there ?

Brent
04-04-2009, 01:56 PM
After this draft is over, I'll be hyping my former QB in HS, Miami (OH) starter Daniel Raudabaugh.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0abE82sdotazC/610x.jpg

SuperMcGee
04-04-2009, 02:57 PM
hey buffalo people, what position coach is danny barrett there ?

He had been the QB coach, but he'll be taking over for Gill as offensive coordinator now. So glad Buffalo kept him. I loved the calls Gill made, but I have total faith in Barrett running this offense and opening up Maynard.

JHG722
05-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Let's bump this up :)

critesy
10-06-2009, 12:33 AM
alright as my 5000 post i wanna hear about buffalo and how danny barrett is doing as a playcaller. he's my boy.

ps, this is a super bump.

brat316
10-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Super Bump FTW.

Yeah suck it Buffalo we finally beat your assss.

Also Bernard Perice is finally the Rb we have been looking for.

Ball State your ass is next.

I think Temple goes to MAC champ game and looses to CMU. Only reason they go is because there remaining MAC opponents are crap, except Toledo.

As for bowl game well with the loss to Villanova its gonna be super hard for them to get it. If they go undefeated the rest of the season it is possible.

SuperMcGee
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
alright as my 5000 post i wanna hear about buffalo and how danny barrett is doing as a playcaller. he's my boy.

ps, this is a super bump.

Needs to give it Naaman more. Like, every play. I knew we'd drop off without Willy, but we are totally ****** without Starks. No ground game anymore. The only time good things happen are when Roosevelt gets the ball. He's still putting up top numbers, and he's doing it pretty much single-handedly.
We've been running a lot of rollout to all-right with Maynard. I don't love it but it hasn't been terrible. Trying out screens but they don't often work too well if it's not to Roosevelt. He's calling for a lot of YAC opportunities, which you could see in the Pittsburgh game, especially. It's been really hard to work the run game with no Starks.

Super Bump FTW.

Yeah suck it Buffalo we finally beat your assss.

Also Bernard Perice is finally the Rb we have been looking for.

Ball State your ass is next.

I think Temple goes to MAC champ game and looses to CMU. Only reason they go is because there remaining MAC opponents are crap, except Toledo.

As for bowl game well with the loss to Villanova its gonna be super hard for them to get it. If they go undefeated the rest of the season it is possible.

Had to happen eventually, I suppose. Maynard completely self-destructed in that game.

Ball State is terrible now. One of the worst teams in FBS.

Bowling Green can still take the East. It sucks that they don't play Temple, that game would be huge in the division.
Ohio might actually be the most impressive team in that division, and their schedule is not bad.

It worries me that CMU couldn't pull away from Buffalo last week, even in a light rain. I'm not so sure that they would beat Temple. But really, half of the conference could probably beat the Chips on any given day. Maybe not in a championship game atmosphere, though.

I'm still happy in my grace period. MAC Champs!

(Naaman Roosevelt, Davonte Shannon, and Justin Winters. They're all still awesome)

MAC talk!

brat316
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Naaman Roosevelt is awesome, he can do it all. He is just a terrific athlete.

brat316
11-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Ohhh Temple so far so good, in the MAC.

BP is the awesome at rb.

SuperMcGee
11-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Where the hell did Kent St. come from this year?

Temple ending the regular season against Ohio and Kent St. should provide a great finish in the East.