PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Britt..WR Rutgers

Travis 24
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone else think this guy could be the top WR in the 2009 draft, if he enters early? He is just a phenomenal athlete..6'4 205 lbs, probably runs in the mid 4.4's..averaging over 21 a catch, for 930 yards for the Knights this year as a true soph.

I've tried looking for WR's to rate higher than him for next year..but I just can't do it. :)

scottyboy
11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
He no doubt is a stellar pro prospect, but his numbers may very well hurt him. He is one helluva physical specimen, but no way do I see him leaving early after NEXT year. it's too early to look ahead, but I think he'd be best off playing all 4 years to become more polished, work on his hands and route running

Jonny
11-20-2007, 03:08 AM
Heh, you say that about everyone Scotty.

With Sophomore WRs, has Britt actually moved ahead of Harvin (injury) and Heyward-Bey (plays in terrible offense that can't get him the ball)? I compare every player to Giants, and this is a very popular comp these days, but there's a lot of Plaxico Burress in his game. Not in the Mario Urrutia - he has a bad attitude and all he does is catch jump balls sense. Britt is huge, with a big wingspan, but he has legit deep speed. He reportedly was in the 4.4 range when he first reported last year, but is probably down to 4.45 or so now, with great acceleration.

I think the NFL will be all over Britt, and he's going to be a lock to declare.