PDA

View Full Version : Is Gholston Worth Top 5

SF Dolphin Fan
11-21-2007, 08:53 PM
After watching the Ohio State versus Michigan game I wonder if Vernon Gholston is worth a top 5 should he declare. He certainly had a monster game and could be the disruptive kind of player Miami needs to eventually replace Jason Taylor. I know the Dolphins have to stop the run before any pass rusher will make much of a difference, but just wanted to get opinions on this guy. How would he stack up against guys like Dorsey and Chris Long and which of those three would you prefer?

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-21-2007, 10:12 PM
based on team need, i'd say he's the least likely selection of those 3, plus others. That is, if your concerned with him being drafted by the Dolphins.....

otherwise, top 5, not IMO. top 12, very possible depending on his workouts which should bring much attention from scouts.

Finsfan79
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
not a top 5 no but he is a nice player

PossumBoy9
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Whether or not a player is Top 5 is certainly relative to the other players in his draft class. Gholston can stack up with pretty much any player likely to be in the '08 draft, IMO.

thebow305
12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Is most likely to be our pick at # 1 right now, IMO, so yes he is certainly worthy of a top 5 pick. If not us, the Pats and Jets would certainly give him long look in the right situation.

bored of education
12-25-2007, 12:21 AM
I think he is worthy of the number 1 selection. So much upside, and a low floor(low bust). the guy is not only a menace, but a student of the game. i hard he is one of those film nerds as well. I think he is the type of guy Parcells would fall n love with