PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Hester

RCAChainGang
11-22-2007, 02:16 AM
I didn't think this beast was a FB. He takes a great degree of rushes for LSU. He's the hero this year on offense. Is he gonna be a FB or do you think he's capable at RB in the draft.

Travis 24
11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
He might play FB, but he sure doesn't run like one...I think he could easily play HB in the NFL, he's a lot better than most of the guys available.

Crow
11-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Every team should have a big back that can lay as many licks as he takes. Whether or not Hester can be the next Bettis doesn't really matter. He's going to be one helluva contributor to some team's running game. I'd definitely like to see him in Oakland's committee.

Staubach12
11-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I think he can be a very good role player/mix-in runner. He's got a very good skill set. He can run well: He breaks tackles, stays low, has good vision, gets north-and-south quickly, and he has deceptive speed. He's also a fantastic blocker and a good receiver. I actually recently had the Cowboys pick him on my Dallas mock.

Also, I believe there was already a thread on this a page or two back.

Bostonsportlova
11-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Ya i like him a lot. Kinda reminds me of Brian L. from rutgers last year.

Billingsley26
11-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Ya i like him a lot. Kinda reminds me of Brian L. from rutgers last year.

I would take Hester over Leonard any day. As of HB that is. Hester is just more of an all-round athlete.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Hester cant jump over people.

Bobo
11-22-2007, 03:27 PM
He may be a decent role player, but I don't think he does well as a NFL RB. I haven't paid as much attention to him as a FB though.

TitanHope
11-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I bet he could if the defender was laying down or something...

I like Hester. He's a power back that is never tackled in the background, and has a low center of gravity so he can glance off tacklers but still has the power to run through them. Not to mention, he's a solid blocker and never, ever fumbles. He's also much faster than people give him credit for. As to when he'll get picked...I have no clue...

Travis 24
11-22-2007, 07:14 PM
How is Hester a better all around player?...Leonard has been the full time HB, and the full-time FB...as well as catching close to 200 passes in his career. Leonard is a much, much better player..

RCAChainGang
11-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Every team should have a big back that can lay as many licks as he takes. Whether or not Hester can be the next Bettis doesn't really matter. He's going to be one helluva contributor to some team's running game. I'd definitely like to see him in Oakland's committee.

Bettis? Have You seen him run? Have you seen his size? He doesn't really compare to Bettis. He is a sure RB to me I was surprised to see him at FB. RACISM!!!! haha

RCAChainGang
11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
How is Hester a better all around player?...Leonard has been the full time HB, and the full-time FB...as well as catching close to 200 passes in his career. Leonard is a much, much better player..

Not all around, but he's a much better RB. You know he's only fumbled once in his career, and it was on his first carry? Thats pretty impressive. If you don't know much about Hester please dont post. There is a misconception about him. He's not a slow big blocker, but played HB better than he ever played FB in his career. He's limited also in his past because of our RB committee. Even this year he doesn't get full carries.

energizerbunny
11-22-2007, 07:57 PM
if Hester is smart he'll bulk up and advisertise himself as a fullback come draft time, unlike Leonard who tried to lose weight and convince everyone he could play tailback.

BeerBaron
11-22-2007, 08:06 PM
The production is clearly there for him. If he comes out and runs well, some team will definitely want to take a shot at him. He can be part of a good rotation i think and if he doesnt run so well, his skills as a FB will land him in that role somewhere...

RCAChainGang
11-22-2007, 08:10 PM
if Hester is smart he'll bulk up and advisertise himself as a fullback come draft time, unlike Leonard who tried to lose weight and convince everyone he could play tailback.

No he's a much better prospect as a RB. He runs a 4.65. Has great handling with the ball. Sheds tackles. Clutch on crucial plays. Follows blockers well. How can you take that talent and throw him at FB? He weighs 228, about the size of Chauncey Washington. He will get an earlier pick if he goes for RB.

Staubach12
11-22-2007, 08:48 PM
He looks to me to be faster than 4.65. He looks like a 4.55 guy to me.

Travis 24
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Not all around, but he's a much better RB. You know he's only fumbled once in his career, and it was on his first carry? Thats pretty impressive. If you don't know much about Hester please dont post. There is a misconception about him. He's not a slow big blocker, but played HB better than he ever played FB in his career. He's limited also in his past because of our RB committee. Even this year he doesn't get full carries.

How is he a much better RB?...Look what Leonard did as the full time back, on a MUCH worse team. Why are you acting like you are the only one that knows about Hester?..I've seen them both play...Hester is NOT better than Leonard.

RCAChainGang
11-23-2007, 02:38 PM
He looks to me to be faster than 4.65. He looks like a 4.55 guy to me.

He actually runs a 4.50 thats impressive.

RCAChainGang
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
How is he a much better RB?...Look what Leonard did as the full time back, on a MUCH worse team. Why are you acting like you are the only one that knows about Hester?..I've seen them both play...Hester is NOT better than Leonard.

I wasn't saying that to you I was giving a shout out to people that relate him to Bettis >_>. We just have different opinions, it wasn't directed towards you.

Travis 24
11-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I wasn't saying that to you I was giving a shout out to people that relate him to Bettis >_>. We just have different opinions, it wasn't directed towards you.

Ah, my bad...Completely read that wrong..haha

Smokey Joe
11-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I think he will be best served to be used in a 2-back system as the bruiser, and situational FB.

RCAChainGang
11-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I think he will be best served to be used in a 2-back system as the bruiser, and situational FB.

I think he would make a great 1-2 punch.

diabsoule
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
He reminds me of a poor man's Chris Cooley.

Babylon
11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
He actually runs a 4.50 thats impressive.

He doesnt look that fast, the combine times will be key for where he's drafted.

RCAChainGang
11-23-2007, 06:48 PM
He doesnt look that fast, the combine times will be key for where he's drafted.

Ya, the combine will give big input. Though his official 40 time is 4.50. Who knows we will have to wait and see.

Babylon
11-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Ya, the combine will give big input. Though his official 40 time is 4.50. Who knows we will have to wait and see.

Yeah i agree, you never know about 40 times reported by the school because frankly i think they're full of ####.

jared
11-23-2007, 09:14 PM
It's hard to tell with Hester. Sometimes he looks pretty average and sometimes he really surprises me. I haven't been very impressed with LSU's inside blocking this year when he's on the field. I think he'd run sub 4.6 right now with average or below average shuttle/three cone times. With some work and a few pounds dropped, he could improve that. I think that a productive, reliable starting RB for what has been the consensus "most talented team" in the country should find a spot somewhere in the NFL. Probably 3rd-4th round, but it depends on how he tests.

JhawkFitness
11-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Recent story about Hester - http://louisianastate.scout.com/2/701569.html

Billingsley26
11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
This guy is growing on me more and more each game he plays. I love how hard he plays the game and how hard he runs. He is a grinder, and fights for every yard. I like that in a RB. I would not overlook this guy.

TigerBait45
11-26-2007, 05:44 PM
He plays with tremendous heart. I absolutely love him.

I think he could be a little bit of a do everything guy. Hes not flashy, but he gets it done consistently.

I don't think he'll be a star, but I do think he can be a solid player in a rotation. He'll make a hell of a goal line back if nothing else.

no love
11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't see him as a star as his running game will probably be limited, he seems to lack that wiggle that he will need in the next level.

I think he carves out a role as a great short yardage/goal line back in the mold of Crockett and Alstott. Something about how much effort he gives make me think that he can be successful in this role.

bigboiajhawk
11-26-2007, 11:12 PM
he would be an asset to any team because he could be a special teams monster at the least