PDA

View Full Version : Best Linebackers in 08 Draft?

WiscoSports
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Who are the Best Linebackers in the upcoming draft? All I know of is Dan Conner. And which are the best for covering the tightend?

bored of education
11-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Laurinitis is great in coverage

Scotty D
11-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Keith Rivers
J Leman
Jonathon Goff
Ben Moffit

Are just some other guys to look at.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Leman won't time nearly well enough to get drafted that high.

My personal favorites:

Inside
Laurinaitis
Rey Maualuga
Jerod Mayo
Vince Hall
Beau Bell
Jonathan Goff

Outside
Conner
Rivers
Xavier Adibi
Brian Cushing
Erin Henderson
Ezra Butler
Shawn Crable
Ali Highsmith
Marcus Freeman
Philip Wheeler
Tavares Gooden

underscore
11-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Laurinitis is great in coverage

As evidenced by his 3 PBUs and 1 PD all season. Yeah, what a stud.

BufFan71
11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
i find it funny how Jordon Dizon gets overlooked because hes only
6'0 225lbs

the guy is a tackling machine, and hes also very fast
hes great in coverage

if the draft wasnt about size, then he would be the number 2 ranked OLB, behind Conner

MaxV
11-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Leman won't time nearly well enough to get drafted that high.

My personal favorites:

Inside
Laurinaitis
Rey Maualuga
Jerod Mayo
Vince Hall
Beau Bell
Jonathan Goff

Outside
Conner
Rivers
Xavier Adibi
Brian Cushing
Erin Henderson
Ezra Butler
Shawn Crable
Ali Highsmith
Marcus Freeman
Philip Wheeler
Tavares Gooden

I think it's very realistic that Dan Connor may be picked as a MLB. As a matter fact, that may be his best position.

One of his best qualities is the ability to shed blockers. Despite being only about 235 lbs., he has very good strength for a LB.

keylime_5
11-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Well if J.Laurinaitis declares he is obviously the top LB available. If he stays for his senior year it is probably Keith Rivers, but Dan Connor could jump him. Jonathan Goff intrigues me as a 2nd/3rd round linebacker though, I wonder what he'd look like in a 3-4.

Sniper
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Well if J.Laurinaitis declares he is obviously the top LB available. If he stays for his senior year it is probably Keith Rivers, but Dan Connor could jump him. Jonathan Goff intrigues me as a 2nd/3rd round linebacker though, I wonder what he'd look like in a 3-4.

Obviously? In your biased mind, maybe.

Sniper
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
As evidenced by his 3 PBUs and 1 PD all season. Yeah, what a stud.

I'm sure bored is referring to the 5 gift wrapped picks Laurinaitis got last season.

Billingsley26
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
I hink J Leman is the best all around ILB in this draft. You want to argue....Who outperformed who when Illinios played OSU? It was Leman. He is a bit smaller, but still good size, has great closing speed, is quick with his reads, and shed blocks well, and is very good in coverage. Also, has the speed to eye the QB as he has done several times this year like in the OSU game.

Turtlepower
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Two guys flying somewhat under the radar I love are Beau Bell and Ezra Butler. Similar to Patrick Willis, I just love guys who are tackling machines and just have a mind for where the ball is at all times on the field.

Sniper
11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I hink J Leman is the best all around ILB in this draft. You want to argue....Who outperformed who when Illinios played OSU? It was Leman. He is a bit smaller, but still good size, has great closing speed, is quick with his reads, and shed blocks well, and is very good in coverage. Also, has the speed to eye the QB as he has done several times this year like in the OSU game.

Depends if you consider Connor an ILB or OLB. I feel Leman flies under the radar too much but he's a tackling machine and is always where the ball is.

Green Bay Scat
11-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Goff is better suited for a 4-3, probably the tampa 2 the best. The way i look at him is a poor mans Urlahcher. Hes more of a general than an assassin

Sniper
11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Shawn Crable

Crable is pretty damn good, but he needs to start playing a lot smarter than he currently does. Though I lol'd at the Sporting News when they said he was a 6-7th rounder, possibly UDFA

Green Bay Scat
11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
So Sniper, how long u gotta wear that sig for?

Hines
11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
i hope leman drops, just so the steelers can wrap him up

MaxV
11-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I like this LB class very much. Not only does it have quality on top, but it's also pretty deep.

Guys like Tavares Gooden, Beau Bell and Ezra Butler may be very good picks in the mid-rounds.

CARDIAC CAT 7
11-23-2007, 01:25 PM
3-4 LB : Titus Brown (Miss St.)
Strongside: Keith Rivers (USC)
Middle: Beau Bell (UNLV)
Weakside: Tavares Gooden (MIAFL)

oldLibid21
11-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I like this LB class very much. Not only does it have quality on top, but it's also pretty deep.

Guys like Tavares Gooden, Beau Bell and Ezra Butler may be very good picks in the mid-rounds.

Can anyone give me a projection on thos players? Thanks.

Hines
11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Can anyone give me a projection on thos players? Thanks.

I believe they all three are late 2nd to mid to late 4th rounders right now.. Workouts could propel them up though.

Babylon
11-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I'd rank them;

Lauranaitis
Cushing
Connor
Rivers
Crable

Lauranaitis is a very instinctive player, had two picks in a game i saw up in Seattle against the Huskies. Wouldnt put him in the Urlacher, Ray Lewis category but a guy i would go to war with.

etk
11-23-2007, 06:38 PM
ZOMG@Ali Highsmith. What a tackler...watch out for him sneaking into the 1st and possibly being the first OLB taken. He left it all on the field today (coverage & run support).

YAYareaRB
11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Maualuga and Cushing set to stay next year..

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-uscrep7nov07,1,2163091.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports

BufFan71
11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
dizon is a beast, hes 2nd in tackling, has like 2 ints, 1 td,

etk
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
dizon is a beast, hes 2nd in tackling, has like 2 ints, 1 td,

Okay we get it. You're a huge Dizon homer and you want everyone to be like you. Nobody cares, don't turn into Green Bay Scat if you haven't already.

diabsoule
11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I really hope the Saints get two LB's in the draft and I want those LB's to be Conner and Goff.