PDA

View Full Version : So Who is Running the Show with Lions?

Bootland27
11-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Terry Foster's weblog at detnews.com

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/terryfosterblog/index.cfm

DETROIT -- I understand that owner Bill Ford Sr. signs the checks. He is the owner and ultimately he is the guy that can demand anything he wants.

But who is running the show here? According to mole collector Rob Parker a source told him that William Clay Ford instructed the coaching staff to throw more to Calvin Johnson during the Lions 37-26 to the Green Bay Packers at Ford Field. It is something many of us called for on talk radio and in our columns.

It was obvious there was a new game plan in place. The Lions ignored Johnson in recent weeks but tried to force the ball to Johnson. He dropped a few, was out muscled on a few and finished with seven catches for 83 yards and a touchdown.

But who is running the show here? Should an owner who has not won anything be telling a coaching staff what to do?

The Lions are back to being run by committee. Four men are running the show off the field and now the owner is putting his hands in the stew again.

Ford always hires new men and says he will stay out of the way. But at some point he gets involved. The Ford family overruled Matt Millen and picked quarterback Joey Harrington. They are the ones who want wide receivers so fans will be thrilled with high powered offense.

Now there is division in the dressing room. Roy Williams is livid. He motioned to offensive coordinator Mike Martz to feed him the ball more. He quickly left the dressing room after the game and was not available to reporters. He is always around to talk.

My guess is Williams did not want to say something he would regret.

So now it is official. It is the same old Lions again. They are falling like a rock and now the old man is getting involved again. Disaster is right around the corner.

WMD
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Worst Owners in Sports.

Addict
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
... and this is news... how?

Xiomera
11-23-2007, 07:46 PM
If that is true about Roy being mad then I support him.

If they are gonna force the ball to and often-covered CJ, why not force it into Roy, who is the best receiver on the team?

When will old man Ford die? That's the big question . . .

TacticaLion
11-23-2007, 10:52 PM
*sigh*... we're 6-5... anything can happen...

detroit4life
11-23-2007, 10:56 PM
this could cause some bad things for this offense. WHy do we need to tell them to force the ball to one reciever. I agree in the fact that we cannot ignore CJ hes a great playmaker and its dumb to not look to him at all. But so is roy. I dont understand with this offense where we throw thew ball so much how both these guys cant have 6+ receptions

bearsfan_51
12-08-2007, 04:26 PM
*sigh*... we're 6-5... anything can happen...

Really? Anything? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that only one thing happens.

TacticaLion
12-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Really? Anything? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that only one thing happens.

Which one thing?