PDA

View Full Version : A few mock drafts

Hines
11-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Ok there are a few ways the Steelers can go in the draft. I am going to make three drafts with different picks in each to I think will be the best drafts for the first round picks. I will also put in a offseason to where i think we should pick up.

Draft 1:

Round 1- Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
Round 2- Terrell Thomas CB USC
Round 3- Jordan Grimes G Purdue
Round 4- Trevor Laws DE Notre Dame
Round 5- Mike Klinkenborg MLB Iowa
Round 6- Rudy Burgess WR ASU

Draft 2:

Round 1- Early Doucet WR LSU
Round 2- Roy Scheuning G Oregon State
Round 3- Duane Brown OT Virginia Tech
Round 4- Trae Williams CB South Flordia
Round 5- Darrell Strong TE Pittsburgh

Draft 3:

Round 1- Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Round 2- Oniel Cousins G UTEP
Round 3- Barry Richardson OT Clemson
Round 4- Beau Bell LB UNLV
Round 5-Josh Johnson QB San Diego

In the offseason, I think we should make a huge effort to get Bryant Johnson to take over Hines spot. He could come in and start right away, and could possibly move Hines to the slot.

So we sign:

Bryant Johnson WR
Randy Starks DE
Stacy Andrews OT/OG

Discuss, thoughts, feedback?

terribletowel39
11-23-2007, 06:16 PM
why would we move Hines to slot, he is still good to go. i could understand moving Holmes to the slot because he is the perfect slot guy.

also you really like Rudy Burgess in the 6th. who is he?? i mean i see WR ASU but tell me something about him. big guy??

TheWood56
11-24-2007, 06:01 AM
why would we move Hines to slot, he is still good to go. i could understand moving Holmes to the slot because he is the perfect slot guy.

also you really like Rudy Burgess in the 6th. who is he?? i mean i see WR ASU but tell me something about him. big guy??

Trust me, he's anything but a big guy. He's a quick little WR that would instantly upgrade our kick returns. I'm guessing this is purely a ST's pick here and that he's selecting him to be our return man.

Jakey
11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I dont know anything about Rudy Burgess...but one WR i really like is Kenny Moore out of Wake Forest...he is like a young Hines Ward...same build and isnt afraid to block either. He is a perfect Steelers player IMO.

Mr. Stiller
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Trust me, he's anything but a big guy. He's a quick little WR that would instantly upgrade our kick returns. I'm guessing this is purely a ST's pick here and that he's selecting him to be our return man.

Burgess is a phenom.

I want us to Hire Tom Osborne (Of ASU ST's fame) and pick up Burgess in the late rounds.

Some think he has no upside to WR and thats why he won't be drafted. I've seen him go over the middle and he looks like a Cross between Hines Ward (toughness and solid hands) and Willie Reid (Quick cuts and instant acceleration after the catch).

But. I digress.