PDA

View Full Version : All NFC North Team

bearsfan_51
11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
This list is based off of performance so far this year, and thus will depress me for its lack of Bears, but here we go. Also, no fullbacks as I find that hard to quantify and it's become a diminished position, included an extra offensive player instead.

QB- Brett Favre
RB- Adrian Peterson
WR- Donald Driver, Roy Williams
TE- Donald Lee
OT- Bryant McKinnie, Chad Clifton
OG- Steve Hutchison, Daryn Colledge
C- Matt Birk
Extra- Bernard Berrian

DE- Aaron Kampman, Adewale Ogunleye
DT- Tommie Harris, Shaun Rogers
OLB- Ernie Sims, A.J Hawk
MLB- Nick Barnett
CB- Al Harris, Charles Woodson
FS- Gerald Alexander
SS- Darren Sharper
K- Jason Hanson
P- Chris Kluwe
Ret- Devin Hester

2nd Team
QB- Jon Kitna
RB- Chester Taylor
WR- Shaun McDonald, Greg Jennings
TE- Desmond Clark
OT- John Tait, Mark Tauscher
OG- Roberto Garza, Edwin Mulitalo
C- Olin Kruetz
Extra- Kevin Jones

DE- Dewayne White, KGB
DT- Corey Williams, Pat Williams
OLB- Lance Briggs, Chad Greenway
ILB- Brian Urlacher
CB- Charles Tillman, Antoine Winfield
FS- Danieal Manning
SS- Atari Bigby
K- Robbie Gould
P- Jon Ryan
Ret- Tramon Williams

Green Bay Packers- 9 1st team, 16 total
Detroit Lions- 5 1st team, 10 total
Chicago Bears- 4 1st team, 13 total
Minnesota Vikings- 6 1st team, 9 total

GB12
11-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Pretty good list. Jennings should be over Berrian though. I'd probably put him over Driver too.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Pretty good list. Jennings should be over Berrian though. I'd probably put him over Driver too.

Yeah the receivers are pretty fluid. (Actually a lot of it is)

I haven't seen all of the Packers games but the ones I have Driver is still the go-to guy, thus the nod over Jennings. As for Berrian, he's the main guy on his offense, has slightly better production (depending on how much you value touchdowns), and is doing it with vastly inferior quarterback play.

ny10804
11-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Good list, although I don't think Daryn Colledge is worthy of a 1st or 2nd team selection. Having watched every game, I would say Jason Spitz has outperformed him.

GB12
11-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah the receivers are pretty fluid. (Actually a lot of it is)

I haven't seen all of the Packers games but the ones I have Driver is still the go-to guy, thus the nod over Jennings. As for Berrian, he's the main guy on his offense, has slightly better production (depending on how much you value touchdowns), and is doing it with vastly inferior quarterback play.
Valid points but Berrian has Jennings by only 1.5 yards a game while Jennings has 7 more TDs. Having a good QB is big, but you said yourself it's based off this year's performence.

Also Tramon Williams has only 2 returns all year, not sure if he should make 2nd team.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Valid points but Berrian has Jennings by only 1.5 yards a game while Jennings has 7 more TDs. Having a good QB is big, but you said yourself it's based off this year's performence.

Also Tramon Williams has only 2 returns all year, not sure if he should make 2nd team.

Umm...wasn't he your kick returner untill Koren Robinson came back?

The Dynasty
11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
No Kevin Williams? :( Why.

GB12
11-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Umm...wasn't he your kick returner untill Koren Robinson came back?
Yeah, I'm dumb I was thinking it was for punt returner for some reason.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2007, 07:17 PM
No Kevin Williams? :( Why.
Production honestly. It's a DT heavy division and I think Pat has had a bigger year than Kevin.

Moses
11-23-2007, 07:18 PM
DT is stacked in the NFC North. Far and away the best division in terms of talent at DT.

DHVF
11-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I really only have two disagreements with this. One being the fact that Pat Williams is on this list, when Kevin Williams has, atleast in my mind, clearly outperformed him. The other disagreement is the fact that Nick Barnett is on the first team when he's playing at a lower level than EJ Henderson. Honestly, EJ's been the best defensive player on the Vikings this year.

GB12
11-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I really only have two disagreements with this. One being the fact that Pat Williams is on this list, when Kevin Williams has, atleast in my mind, clearly outperformed him. The other disagreement is the fact that Nick Barnett is on the first team when he's playing at a lower level than EJ Henderson. Honestly, EJ's been the best defensive player on the Vikings this year.
EJ has played very well, but not better than Barnett. I think he definitely deserves second team though. Sounds strange to say Urlacher's the third best MLB in the division, but for this year at least I think it's true.

Vikes99ej
11-23-2007, 10:07 PM
My team:

QB: Brett Favre
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Ryan Grant
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Roy Williams
TE: Donald Lee
OT: John Tait
OT: Chad Clifton
OG: Steve Hutchinson
OG: Darryn Colledge
OC: Matt Birkk
K: Jason Hanson
R: Devin Hester

DE: Aaron Kampman
DT: Kevin Williams
DT: Shaun Rogers
DE: Kabeer Basha Bee-Hamila
OLB: Lance Briggs
MLB: Nick Barnett
OLB: Ernie Sims
CB: Charles Woodson
CB: Al Harris
FS: Dwight Smith
SS: Darren Sharper
P: Chris Kluwe

I swear to god, you could just call it the Packers.

neko4
11-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Cant say im unhappy with either list.
Except Colledge is kinda living of his play from last year. He's dropped off a bit this year

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Cant say im unhappy with either list.
Except Colledge is kinda living of his play from last year. He's dropped off a bit this year
It's more to do with lack of competition. Lions line is terrible, Rueben Brown was hurt and ****** and Garza is average, Vikings have just recently solidified their RG position, and Spitz has been in and out of the lineup.

Moses
11-25-2007, 10:50 AM
It's more to do with lack of competition. Lions line is terrible, Rueben Brown was hurt and ****** and Garza is average, Vikings have just recently solidified their RG position, and Spitz has been in and out of the lineup.

It's weird how the NFC North seems to have similar strengths and weaknesses by position. DT is strong, G is weak, etc.

Colledge is an enigma. He plays very solid football sometimes but other times you'll look at him and wonder why he's on the field. He's looked pretty good the past few weeks so hopefully that's a sign of him improving his consistency. Another year of gains in the off-season workout program won't hurt him either.

Oh, and for fullback I have to throw Korey Hall out there. This kid has impressed me big time. Seems like he's always making a big block out there and he rarely misses an assignment.

TitleTown088
12-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Like it all except Id take Jennings over Berrian like stated previously.

Moses
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
With Colledge benched, he's got to come off this list. I actually think Coston is the best guard on the Packers and I think he'll end up starting over either Colledge or Spitz in the long run. That is, unless they give him a shot at tackle.

Crazy_Chris
12-04-2007, 04:04 AM
IMO Safety is our division's weakest position. Also not a lot of good depth at the Gaurd position... on the other hand our strong points seem to be at WR, D-line, LB, and CB.

1st Team all NFC North
FB: Tony Richardson
WR: Donald Driver, Roy Williams
LT: Bryant McKennie
LG: Steve Hutchinson
C: Olin Kruetz
RG: Anthony Herrara
RT: Mark Tauscher

LDE: Aaron Kampman
DT: Pat Williams
DT: Tommie Harris
RDE: Cullen Jenkins
WOLB: Lance Briggs
MLB: EJ Henderson
SOLB: Ben Leber
KR: Devin Hester

2nd Team All NFC North
QB: Jon Kitna
RB: Chester Taylor
FB:??? Jason McKie
WR: Greg Jennings, Bernard Berian
TE: Desmond Clark
LT: Chad Clifton
LG: Edwin Mulitalo
C: Matt Birk
RG: Roberto Garza
RT: John Tait

LDE: Adewale Ogunleye
RDE: KGB
WOLB: Chad Greenway
SOLB: Hunter Hillenmeyer
CB: Charles Tillman
FS: Danieal Manning
SS: Atari Bigby
CB: Antione Winfield
K: Mason Crosby
P: Jon Ryan
KR: Tramon Williams

bearsfan_51
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Adewale Ogunleye is having a much better season than Cullen Jenkins.

Vikes99ej
12-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Yeah, he's right. Ogunleye has 9 sacks, I believe.

Moses
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM

Yup, Jenkins certainly doesn't deserve 1st team.

Also, Barnett should be 1st team over Henderson.

Boston
12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Yup, Jenkins certainly doesn't deserve 1st team.

And Hawk should be second over Greenway.

Moses
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Definitely.

Also, Bigby? I'm not sold on that but I guess SS is weak in the NFC North.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I think Barnett, Henderson, and Urlacher are all pretty debateable.

jbombul
12-04-2007, 10:15 PM
IMO Safety is our division's weakest position. Also not a lot of good depth at the Gaurd position... on the other hand our strong points seem to be at WR, D-line, LB, and CB.

1st Team all NFC North
FB: Tony Richardson
WR: Donald Driver, Roy Williams
LT: Bryant McKennie
LG: Steve Hutchinson
C: Olin Kruetz
RG: Anthony Herrara
RT: Mark Tauscher

LDE: Aaron Kampman
DT: Pat Williams
DT: Tommie Harris
RDE: Cullen Jenkins
WOLB: Lance Briggs
MLB: EJ Henderson
SOLB: Ben Leber
KR: Devin Hester

2nd Team All NFC North
QB: Jon Kitna
RB: Chester Taylor
FB:??? Jason McKie
WR: Greg Jennings, Bernard Berian
TE: Desmond Clark
LT: Chad Clifton
LG: Edwin Mulitalo
C: Matt Birk
RG: Roberto Garza
RT: John Tait

LDE: Adewale Ogunleye
RDE: KGB
WOLB: Chad Greenway
SOLB: Hunter Hillenmeyer
CB: Charles Tillman
FS: Danieal Manning
SS: Atari Bigby
CB: Antione Winfield
K: Mason Crosby
P: Jon Ryan
KR: Tramon Williams

good list overall but no ernie sims? hes 5th in the league in tackles

Crazy_Chris
12-05-2007, 02:33 AM

I was trying to stick to their actual position and I wasn't sure but I thought he played at LDE is that correct?

I think Barnett, Henderson, and Urlacher are all pretty debateable.

I agree with bf51 there all 3 of them are very debabteable and there numbers are very similar(as you will see below). All 3 deserving of All NFC North first team.

MLB Comparison
E.J. Henderson- 95 Tackles 76 Solo 19 Ast | 13 Suffs(Tackle for loss) | 3.5 Sacks | 0 Int | 3 FF | PD 2

Nick Barnett- 96 Tackles 70 Solo 26 Ast| 3 Stuffs(Tackle for loss) | 1.5 Sacks | 2 Int | 0 FF | PD 4

Brian Urlacher- 96 Tackles 74 Solo 22 Ast | 3 Suffs(Tackle for loss) | 3 sacks | 2 Int | 0 FF | PD 7

But for me the difference in the TFL is what decided it. E.J. Henderson has been Stuffing the Opposing RB's all year long. And to be honest after re-examining the numbers i'm leaning towards Urlacher for All NFC North 2nd Team.

I personally don't agree, but this is debatable aswell.

Chad Greenway- 70 Tackles 53 Solo 17 AST | 2 Stuffs | 0 Sacks | 2 Ints | 1 FF | 1 Def TD | 3 PD

A.J. Hawk- 80 Tackles 59 Solo 21 Ast | 1 Stuff | 0 Sacks | 1 Int | 1 FF | 0 Def TD | 4 PD

Definitely.

Also, Bigby? I'm not sold on that but I guess SS is weak in the NFC North.

Exactly, I wasn't sold either but the NFC North is just weak at that position.

good list overall but no ernie sims? hes 5th in the league in tackles

There is a lot of Quality competition at LB in the NFC North especially at MLB, which if im not mistaken is where he has been playing lately.

Ernie Sims- 105 Tackles 77 Solo 28 Ast | 5 Stuffs | 1 Sack | 1 Int | 1 FF | 2 PD

He's definatly worth being mentioned. But like I said there is a lot of Competition at LB.

Moses
12-05-2007, 02:38 AM
MLB Comparison
E.J. Henderson- 95 Tackles 76 Solo 19 Ast | 13 Suffs(Tackle for loss) | 3.5 Sacks | 0 Int | 3 FF | PD 2

Nick Barnett- 96 Tackles 70 Solo 26 Ast| 3 Stuffs(Tackle for loss) | 1.5 Sacks | 2 Int | 0 FF | PD 4

Brian Urlacher- 96 Tackles 74 Solo 22 Ast | 3 Suffs(Tackle for loss) | 3 sacks | 2 Int | 0 FF | PD 7

But for me the difference in the TFL is what decided it. E.J. Henderson has been Stuffing the Opposing RB's all year long. And to be honest after re-examining the numbers i'm leaning towards Urlacher for All NFC North 2nd Team.

Stats don't really tell much about a MLBs play. Henderson is also playing behind two space-eating DTs which makes his job a lot easier.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Stats don't really tell much about a MLBs play. Henderson is also playing behind two space-eating DTs which makes his job a lot easier.

Well if that's the basis for your argument then Urlacher wins hands down. Urlacher means more to our defense than either player does for theirs. Barnett is a good talent but he's not nearly as irreplaceable as Urlacher.

Moses
12-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Well if that's the basis for your argument then Urlacher wins hands down. Urlacher means more to our defense than either player does for theirs. Barnett is a good talent but he's not nearly as irreplaceable as Urlacher.

Sure, maybe Urlacher is irreplaceable but would Barnett do a better job in Chicago than Urlacher is doing now? How would Urlacher fair in Green Bay? Interesting questions, but I think based on the play this year, Barnett is the best MLB in the NFC North.

johbur
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM
When you're picking players for the year, you need to look at how they've played for this year, not how valuable they were in years past. The bottom line on a number of these defensive players is that the Packers are 10-2, with the defense being a good portion why. Vikes and Lions are both 6-6 and the Bears have a losing record. If you have players with similar stats having a similar year, break the tie by record.

thefridge15
12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
wow, Kevin and Pat Williams should be #1 and #2 DT's

Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers are strong, but not always consistent. The league's best run defense is consistent.

Vikes99ej
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Tommie Harris needs to be on the first team. It's amazing that he's still been able to produce and have an impact with his injuries and being on that makeshift line.

GB12
12-13-2007, 06:05 PM
wow, Kevin and Pat Williams should be #1 and #2 DT's

Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers are strong, but not always consistent. The league's best run defense is consistent.
How has Corey Williams not been consistant?

bearsfan_51
12-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Tommie Harris needs to be on the first team. It's amazing that he's still been able to produce and have an impact with his injuries and being on that makeshift line.
Thank you. Too many people are assuming that because many Bears are having dissapointing seasons that everyone is playing bad. Guys like Wale, Tommie, and others are still playing their asses off. In Tommie's case, being banged up all year long.

ny10804
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
How has Corey Williams not been consistant?

Well he has been invisible since Jolly got injured.

VoteLynnSwan
12-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Roberto Garza has no business on 2nd, or even 3rd team... he's been awful. There also could definitely be a better option at RT... but he plays LT anyway, and you said you wanted to keep them at their same positions.

thefridge15
12-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I will agree that Harris is amazing, and is right up there with the Williams Bros. But putting Williams or Rogers above any of those 3 is beyond me.

P-L
12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Sorry, but Chad Greenway has not outplayed Ernie Sims this year. I'd also argue that Ernie Sims has outplayed Lance Briggs, but it's close so I don't care.

crazyisme
12-13-2007, 10:15 PM
crazy chris, thats a pretty damn good list buddy

crazyisme
12-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry, but Chad Greenway has not outplayed Ernie Sims this year. I'd also argue that Ernie Sims has outplayed Lance Briggs, but it's close so I don't care.

Lance Briggs and Chad Greenway = OLB

Ernie Sims = MLB

GB12
12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Paris Lenon is their MLB, Sims is their WLB. Also Greenway has not outplayed Hawk either. Only thing he has on Hawk is a gift pick 6 from Eli Manning.

andyjo672
12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Can someone explain to me why Shaun Rodgers is still in consideration for these things. He hasn't been THAT dominant this year, and is forced out of so many plays because he's simply too exhausted to go on. With people with Pat, Kevin, and Corey Williams and Tommie Harris, I don't think that Shaun is even in the running anymore.

Scotty D
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Lance Briggs and Chad Greenway = OLB

Ernie Sims = MLB

Are you serious right now?

crazyisme
12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
i thought Ernie has been playing in the middle most of the season?

TacticaLion
12-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm speechless, bf... just speechless. I expected to see only Vikings, Packers and Bears on that list.

I can't see any changes I'd make, either... well done.

(Note: Ernie Sims hasn't played a DOWN at MLB. WLB for the entire season. Props to GB12 for being the only non-Lions fan to mention that.)

crazyisme
12-15-2007, 12:08 AM
well, my apologies for being uninformed, i swear ive read somewhere that hes been playing there a lot this season....but ill be a man and admit that i was wrong....

TacticaLion
12-15-2007, 12:53 AM
well, my apologies for being uninformed, i swear ive read somewhere that hes been playing there a lot this season....but ill be a man and admit that i was wrong....Nah... it works. Was just surprised... I've never heard anything about Sims and playing MLB. I've watched every game (well, besides the Eagles games)... and I've never seen it.

Instead, we have Lenon... *sigh*... wishes he was a soccer player.

swiftizm
01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
The Bears have had a terrible season, but most of it was coaching and dumb mistakes, they were still IN EVERY game and swept the Packers.

Olin Kreutz - C
Adewale Ogunleye - DE
Tommie Harris - DT
Brian Urlacher - MLB
Lance Briggs - OLB
Devin Hester - KR
(all of those players are EASILY first team NFC North)

second team players include
Bernard Berrian - WR
Desmond Clark - TE
John Tait - OT
Charles Tillman - CB
Danieal Manning FS

-----------------------------
If the bears were healthy all season they would be playing GB next week for the NFC Championship. Nuff said.

Mike Brown - Dusty Dvoracek - Reuben Brown - Cedric Benson

And three pro bowlers - Brian Urlacher (back), Tommie Harris (leg) and Nathan Vasher (groin) were injured ALL SEASON long.
Nathan Vasher is definately all NFC North if he's healthy.
Tommie Harris is the best DT in the NFL at full strength.
Brian Urlacher is the best MLB in the NFL at full strength.

on another note, if he could stay healthy, Mike Brown is the best FS in the NFC North, by far.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2008, 10:59 AM
If the bears were healthy all season they would be playing GB next week for the NFC Championship. Nuff said.
Back up the homer train there amigo. As much as I would like to think that (and do believe we'll be back in the playoff hunt next year with the right moves), a lot of our close losses had to do with the fact that our team had a losing attitude this year than anything else. Every team deals with injuries, we may have had more than the competition this year, but that's no guarantee we'd be a contendor minus them.

Smokey Joe
01-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Back up the homer train there amigo. As much as I would like to think that (and do believe we'll be back in the playoff hunt next year with the right moves), a lot of our close losses had to do with the fact that our team had a losing attitude this year than anything else. Every team deals with injuries, we may have had more than the competition this year, but that's no guarantee we'd be a contendor minus them.
I agree with you on this one... if the team actually cared and as the old phrase goes, "play to win the game", we would have probably won a few more of those games... but as a whole, the team had a loser attitude for most of the season until the final 2 weeks.

Crazy_Chris
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I think if the bears stay healthy on Defense and get better Offensive line play(not quite ready to call benson a bust) i think they will be back in the mix.

johbur
01-18-2008, 08:49 PM

This is why there's a BF51 appreciation thread. With a good draft and some free agent help, as well as getting the defense to play like the last two weeks for the whole season (who the hell let Ron Rivera go?), there's no reason the Bears would not be competitive in the conference. I still think the gaping and oozing sore you call your QB position needs to be addressed, but considering they've brought in somewhere aorund 25 guys to try to man the position since Lord Favre has been starting, it's not a given they can solve it. Maybe JP Losman will come in... (hehehe)

bearsfan_51
01-18-2008, 08:52 PM
This is why there's a BF51 appreciation thread.
Haha...actually I just changed the thread title.