PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis

Babylon
11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
In his last game for Arkansas he was huge, he was never going to Unseat the guys in front of him but he just kept working his tail off and today it was good to see him shine in a huge upset. He's a 6-2 240 fb who could probably see some minutes at the tailback or slot positions. Without a doubt saw his stock climb today. Happy for the kid.

diabsoule
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
With his performance today he definitely saw his stock climb.

volman88
11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Showed everyone how good his hands are.

BuddyCHRIST
11-23-2007, 06:24 PM
he's a great all around player. Could play H-Back, FB and fill in at tailback as well. Never hurts to have a guy like that on your team.

fenikz
11-23-2007, 06:25 PM
He reminds me of a much bigger Larry Centers, love the guy, good blocker, great hands, great inside runner, all you could ask for out of a FB

Smokey Joe
11-23-2007, 06:32 PM
3rd/4th rounder IMO.

Babylon
11-23-2007, 06:35 PM
What kind of 40 time does he run?

etk
11-23-2007, 06:36 PM
He has the best hands for Arkansas and he's a good all-around FB. He should be drafted higher than strict blocking backs like Mike Cox & LeRon McClain.

fenikz
11-23-2007, 06:50 PM
What kind of 40 time does he run?

Some where in the mid to high 4.7's which is all you would need out of him

Freddy G
11-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Similar to Lawrence Vickers a couple years back, maybe a little better athlete though. However, might not be quite as good of blocker.

I could see him going as high as the 4th.

songofthesword
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
i tried to tell yoiu guys a month ago he had the best hands on the team.

He CAN, honestly, play running back. His first 2 years he was basically splitting time with Dearius Howard and then with McFadden and Jones when they were freshmen. he actually started fir the first 4 games when Jones and mcfadden were freshmen. that offesason he came damn close to switching got middle linebacker.

he's not SLOW but he's not going to kill you with his speed. he's fast ENOUGH. the biggest gripe with him as at sometimes he tries to get too cute and doesn't hit the hole.

but has th best hands on the team, since the day he walked on campus. he has been arkansas's punt returner for 3 years until this year.

any other team hed' be playing running back, but right now he's probalby the 4th best running back on the team.

NFL wise, he compares to I would say....humm... I don't think there is a Full back in the NFL with his hands. if there is you can count them on one hand. Maybe a cross between alstott and centers.

Babylon
11-23-2007, 07:48 PM
i tried to tell yoiu guys a month ago he had the best hands on the team.

He CAN, honestly, play running back. His first 2 years he was basically splitting time with Dearius Howard and then with McFadden and Jones when they were freshmen. he actually started fir the first 4 games when Jones and mcfadden were freshmen. that offesason he came damn close to switching got middle linebacker.

he's not SLOW but he's not going to kill you with his speed. he's fast ENOUGH. the biggest gripe with him as at sometimes he tries to get too cute and doesn't hit the hole.

but has th best hands on the team, since the day he walked on campus. he has been arkansas's punt returner for 3 years until this year.

any other team hed' be playing running back, but right now he's probalby the 4th best running back on the team.

NFL wise, he compares to I would say....humm... I don't think there is a Full back in the NFL with his hands. if there is you can count them on one hand. Maybe a cross between alstott and centers.

He's kind of a Heath Evans to me, good runner, catches the ball but not what you would call a great blocker, i agree with the 4th round prediction and maybe 3rd with a good combine.

jared
11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
I think he can rip off a 4.55 to 4.65. He thought he was going to be utilized much more as a runner when Arkansas recruited him. I would say it's something special when your fullback is your leading receiver in every category and was your most capable punt returner for three years.

BPhilb
11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Arkansas reminds me of LSU from last year. When you start looking at just the individual talent you wonder how these teams ever lost a game. I would love for KC to get a guy like him though to block for Larry Johnson and help a young QB out of the backfield. I'm suprised nobody has compared him to Brian Leonard.

11-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Arkansas reminds me of LSU from last year. When you start looking at just the individual talent you wonder how these teams ever lost a game. I would love for KC to get a guy like him though to block for Larry Johnson and help a young QB out of the backfield. I'm suprised nobody has compared him to Brian Leonard.

the other RB/FB in the game (jacob hester) is more like a brian leonard

Paranoidmoonduck
11-23-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't him as being quite as explosive a runner as you'd want out of someone drafted as a runningback, but he's versatile enough that some team is going bring him in and fit him into their offense somehow.

nhlkdog411
11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
he just averaged like 8-9 yards per carry against what many people think is one of the best defenses in the country...thats plenty of explosion for me

jared
11-24-2007, 08:46 AM
I could see the Heath Evans comparison (Evans might be faster) but with more upside as a receiving threat out of the backfield. He could be a guy that gets 5 carries, 5 catches, a game and does some blocking. I think he could be a RB at the next level but he's been so underutilized as a runner at Arkansas that it's unlikely any NFL team will project him as much more than a FB.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-24-2007, 09:05 AM
he just averaged like 8-9 yards per carry against what many people think is one of the best defenses in the country...thats plenty of explosion for me

But it is 100x times easier when the entire defenses eyes are following Darren McFadden and Felix Jones.

nhlkdog411
11-24-2007, 03:30 PM
your telling me that the reason hillis managed to outrun LSU's defense was simply that they were distracted, not his explosiveness?

etk
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
your telling me that the reason hillis managed to outrun LSU's defense was simply that they were distracted, not his explosiveness?

What explosiveness? The Red Sea parted for him and he had just enough speed to score. He has above-average speed for a fullback if you ask me, nothing special.

energizerbunny
11-24-2007, 06:09 PM
I think he would make a great h-back... He reminds me alot of Dallas Clark and if he is actually 6'2 240 his stock will soar.

Babylon
11-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I think he would make a great h-back... He reminds me alot of Dallas Clark and if he is actually 6'2 240 his stock will soar.

He does have good hands and he moves probably as well as Clark. Needs the right team to draft him and he could be a good contributor.

etk
11-24-2007, 10:37 PM
He does have good hands and he moves probably as well as Clark. Needs the right team to draft him and he could be a good contributor.

He doesn't have the acceleration or explosion that Clark has. Hillis is a good athlete, but he's not that kind of player.

keylime_5
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I didn't know Hillis was that good until his performance Friday from what I've seen of Arkansas. He's definitely the best FB I've seen this year. I had Schmitt ahead of him until yesterday.

DWilliams2IndyColts
11-24-2007, 10:42 PM
His only is issue is he's not Brian Leonard.(I beat scotty to it)