PDA

View Full Version : Joint Mock by the NFLDC Post Leader and Best Admin!

Shane P. Hallam
11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
JBond93 and Draftguru151 bring you a hard hitting mock draft. I added explanations, DG can add his in later.

Draftguru=Odds

JBond=Evens

1. Miami Dolphins-Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas

2. New England Patriots f/ San Francisco 49ers-Vernon Gholston DE/Ohio State

Maybe a homer pick, but I don’t see Long as a need, and NE needs another rush backer IMO. I could see them taking another OSU defender or Chris Long if McFadden is gone, but Gholston as a 3-4 OLB could crush.

3. St. Louis Rams-Ryan Clady OT/Boise State

4. Oakland Raiders-Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU

Simple pick here for me, Oakland STILL needs some help on the D-Line, and Dorsey would help them right that ship.

5. New York Jets-Chris Long DE/Virginia

6. Cincinnati Bengals-Calais Campbell DE/Miami

I thought about Laurinaitis, but Campbell is a difference maker who could get a pass rush that Cinci needs. If healthy, he could turn there defense around some, but they still need a lot of help.

7. Atlanta Falcons-Brian Brohm QB/Louisville

8. New Orleans Saints-Malcolm Jenkins CB/Ohio State

New Orleans NEEDS to sure up pass defense and Jenkins is easily the best CB. He would come in and start immediately.

9. Baltimore Ravens-Andre Woodson QB/Kentucky

10. Kansas City Chiefs-Jake Long OT/Michigan

Should Jake have fallen this far? Definitely not, and KC with LJ healthy could dominate with Long. He would fit in nicely in KC.

11. Minnesota Vikings-Matt Ryan QB/Boston College

12. Carolina Panthers-James Laurinaitis LB/Ohio State

Damn, all the Qbs are gone. Laurinaitis could fill in for Dan Morgan soon enough and give the Panthers someone who will turn there defense around.

13. Chicago Bears-Jeff Otah OT/Pitt

14. Arizona Cardinals-Aqib Talib CB/Kansas

I actually like Arizona a lot, but their corners leave something to be desired. Talib is a beast and he could hammer down one of the sides of the Arizona defense, making their underrated D even better.

15. Houston Texans-Kenny Phillips S/Miami

16. Buffalo Bills-DeSean Jackson WR/Cal

A bit strange pick here, but I think they need help for young Trent Edwards. I thought about O-line or D-line, but I think a playmaker to pair with Evans is what Buffalo really needs.

17. Denver Broncos-Sedrick Ellis DT/USC

18. San Diego Chargers-Gosder Cherilus OT/Boston College

Not many holes on SD, but you can never have enough O-lineman. I like Olivea, but another RT may be nice to have to keep Rivers development and LT going.

19. Philadelphia Eagles-Malcolm Kelly WR/Oklahoma

20. Washington Redskins-Derrick Harvey DE/Florida

He just seems to have a skillset that fits in Washington. They need to beef up their D-line, and no Dts have good value, so Harvey is who works here.

21. Seattle Seahawks-Jonathan Stewart RB/Oregon

22. Dallas Cowboys f/ Cleveland Browns-Mike Jenkins CB/South Florida

No doubt need that help in the secondary. Rather than go for a safety, I’m content adding depth at CB for Dallas. Brining in a guy who brings physicality seems to be what Dallas needs.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Sam Baker OT/USC

24. Tennessee Titans-Chris Williams OT/Vanderbilt

I don’t think Tennessee anywhere. That being said, I don’t know if they need to go WR in the 1st round. D-line doesn’t show me much value here, so once again, I look at O-line. Though Roos and Stewart are solid, they could go with the hometown guy in Williams as a value pick based on his athleticism.

25. Detroit Lions-Reggie Smith CB/Oklahoma

26. Pittsburgh Steelers-Limas Sweed WR/Texas

Tomlin showed he isn’t afraid to draft an injured player with potential. With the speedy Holmes, Pittsburgh needs the bigger WR who can make all the catches. That places Sweed right above Doucet, and a wise choice for Pittsburgh.

27. Jacksonville Jaquars-Quentin Groves DE/Auburn

28. New York Giants-Keith Rivers LB/USC

Value pick, and I just have a good feeling that he fits with the NYG defense. They need to upgrade at LB and in the secondary, but LB is the place to start.

29. San Francisco 49ers f/ Indianapolis Colts-Tyson Jackson DE/LSU

30. Green Bay Packers-Dan Connor LB/PSU

I don’t buy a RB for GB. Grant is looking good. Their corners need sured up, but no one jumps out to me. Hawk and Barnett are beasts, so why not add another physical player up front. Dan Connor is another Big Ten, tough LB to round out all three.

31. Dallas Cowboys-Rashard Mendenhall RB/Illinois

32. New England Patriots –Casey Dick QB/Arkansas

They need a new QB, no doubt, Casey Dick is it. And yes, this is worse than forfeiting the pick.

urinemonkey
11-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Sedrick Ellis to Denver - very nice!

BaLLiN
11-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Keith Rivers= godly

draftguru151
11-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Explanation for the first pick, I don't like the fit of Long or Dorsey, McFadden is the player that will help out the most. I'm not sure if I buy it 100% right now, but I was pretty bored and just to see how things went. I'll get to the others tomorrow.

SuperKevin
11-23-2007, 11:34 PM
DeSean Jackson to Buffalo is a horrible pick. Jackson doesn't bring anything that Buffalo doesn't already have. WR is a position of need but we need a bigger more physical guy

Shane P. Hallam
11-23-2007, 11:38 PM
DeSean Jackson to Buffalo is a horrible pick. Jackson doesn't bring anything that Buffalo doesn't already have. WR is a position of need but we need a bigger more physical guy

Come on Kevin, you know you love me. I recognize that, but my thought is that Buffalo just doesn't have a playmaker. Lee Evans has never shown up for the first half of a season in his career, Parrish and every other WR is a joke. I think they go with the best WR available, and that is Jackson, add to the ability to flat out just make plays, and that is all.

You could bust out so much crap to criticize the big (and rightfully so,) so feel free, but I'll stick by it.

SuperKevin
11-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Come on Kevin, you know you love me. I recognize that, but my thought is that Buffalo just doesn't have a playmaker. Lee Evans has never shown up for the first half of a season in his career, Parrish and every other WR is a joke. I think they go with the best WR available, and that is Jackson, add to the ability to flat out just make plays, and that is all.

You could bust out so much crap to criticize the big (and rightfully so,) so feel free, but I'll stick by it.

I'd much rather have Malcolm Kelly over DeSean Jackson. Heck DeSean Jackson wouldn't even be our best return man with Terrence McGee in front of him

GB12
11-24-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm dissapointed in you JBond. Conner would be our third first round LB. That'd give us the best LB corp in the league, but 3 studs really isn't necessary. Corner would be a much better pick.

superfly69
11-24-2007, 12:15 AM
No way Clady is a top 5 pick right now and he certainly won't go ahead of Jake Long.

SuperKevin
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
No way Clady is a top 5 pick right now and he certainly won't go ahead of Jake Long.

Based on potential it could happen but Jake Long certainly is the safer pick

KCJ58
11-24-2007, 12:22 AM
the #2 pick was a homer pick if i'd ever see 1

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm dissapointed in you JBond. Conner would be our third first round LB. That'd give us the best LB corp in the league, but 3 studs really isn't necessary. Corner would be a much better pick.

No corner made me feel good...

badgerbacker
11-24-2007, 01:05 AM
I'd like to see a corner for the Packers, but I could live with Connor.

Crow
11-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Dorsey...Long. Long...Dorsey. Hard to complain either way.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Very Good Ravens pick. Woodson is a beast.

Bills2083
11-24-2007, 08:47 AM
I'd much rather have Malcolm Kelly over DeSean Jackson. Heck DeSean Jackson wouldn't even be our best return man with Terrence McGee in front of him

i agree. I'd MUCH rather take Kelly over Jackson

Babylon
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Ryan Clady at 3 would be the worst pick i've ever seen. Must be a relative.

PACKmanN
11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
JBond do you have Jack Ikegwuonu coming out? or Justin King? if not I doubt we pass up on Rashard Mendenhall.

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't have them coming out at this point. King had a bad year, and I think it is 50/50 for Ikegwuonu. As for a RB in GB, that probably is what it ends up being, but Grant has looked pretty good, broke 100 a few times, I just don't see GB looking at RB here.

And I went out on a limb with a few picks, I know, but hey, what's fun about a mock everyone likes? Packer, Bill and Titans fans HAVE to love me :P

GB12
11-24-2007, 11:32 AM
JBond do you have Jack Ikegwuonu coming out? or Justin King? if not I doubt we pass up on Rashard Mendenhall.

I don't have them coming out at this point. King had a bad year, and I think it is 50/50 for Ikegwuonu. As for a RB in GB, that probably is what it ends up being, but Grant has looked pretty good, broke 100 a few times, I just don't see GB looking at RB here.

And I went out on a limb with a few picks, I know, but hey, what's fun about a mock everyone likes? Packer, Bill and Titans fans HAVE to love me :P
I'm really don't think RB will happen in the first anymore. Before Grant, definitely that'd be ok, not now though. Before Grant we had nothing, now we at least have something. It's still not great, but good enough to where it's not a first round need.

princefielder28
11-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Tracy Porter???

Jakey
11-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I dont really like the Steelers pick that much...i think you can find a good reciever later on...and even if we did pick a WR...i would prefer Hardy, Bowman or Doucet.

...I think the Steelers might look OT or CB in round 1...and prehaps pick Jacob Tamme in round 2 or 3. He is a big target and would cause some monster mismatches with Heath, Spaeth, Tamme, Holmes and Ward...that would be an almost undefendable recieving group! =D

...On the whole not a bad mock though...Ryan Clady suprises me abit...and i love pick 32...Great!

mqtirishfan
11-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Tracy Porter???

I think we could get him at the end of the 2nd.

Yung Flippa
11-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Good Pick for the Ravens

Chris
11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Ellis is a good player, but he's a better fit for a Tampa 2/Cover 2 defense. Denver already has McKinley and Thomas who are classic 3-technique guys, and I don't know if Ellis strengths would be utilized in this defense.

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I dont really like the Steelers pick that much...i think you can find a good reciever later on...and even if we did pick a WR...i would prefer Hardy, Bowman or Doucet.

...I think the Steelers might look OT or CB in round 1...and prehaps pick Jacob Tamme in round 2 or 3. He is a big target and would cause some monster mismatches with Heath, Spaeth, Tamme, Holmes and Ward...that would be an almost undefendable recieving group! =D

...On the whole not a bad mock though...Ryan Clady suprises me abit...and i love pick 32...Great!

Being a Steeler fan, this is all me. We need O-line help, no doubt about that, but I was thinking more the left side of the line and that provided no value in the end of the first. I think our lack of WRs is becoming apparent. I went Sweed over Doucet because A. I don't like Doucet in terms of toughness and B. I think Sweed provides more potential. We have a good team, we can take a risk. It seems Tomlin likes Townsend, which leaves us 3 deep at corner, pretty solid. I think WR is a Day 1 priority, and I mean the NEW Day 1.

Jakey
11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Being a Steeler fan, this is all me. We need O-line help, no doubt about that, but I was thinking more the left side of the line and that provided no value in the end of the first. I think our lack of WRs is becoming apparent. I went Sweed over Doucet because A. I don't like Doucet in terms of toughness and B. I think Sweed provides more potential. We have a good team, we can take a risk. It seems Tomlin likes Townsend, which leaves us 3 deep at corner, pretty solid. I think WR is a Day 1 priority, and I mean the NEW Day 1.

What do you think about James Hardy???

I love that kids potential...but do you think he would fit well in our scheme? I think Big Ben would have a field day if we added another top-flight reciver...so i guess a day 1 WR isnt out of the question.

P.S...How come you are a Steelers fan, and i've never seen you post in the team forum?...although saying that, it's been pretty dead since Mr.Stiller was band anyways! :rolleyes:

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2007, 02:10 PM
I've seen plenty of Indiana games, and Hardy, I'm still not sure of. He isn't 1st rounder, that's for sure, but he has potential. He is a guy we may be able to grab late and develop, I could see it.

I don't post in the Team Board just due to being busy and never really connecting with any other fans who post there. Not my cup of tea as there is more of a distortion of reality in the team forums than anywhere else (Not the Steelers, all of them).

fenikz
11-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Hate the Talib pick, we have 3 corners exactly like him right now adding a 4th isn't going to change anything, give us Harvey

D-Unit
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Who is James Stewart from Oregon? haha.

Wild draft.

What RB characteristics do you see in Mendenhall that make him a good complimentary back to Barber?

Jakey
11-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Wild draft.

What RB characteristics do you see in Mendenhall that make him a good complimentary back to Barber?

James Stewart is awsome! he's an all round back

skinzzfan25
11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I'd be cool with that pick.

LonghornsLegend
11-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I love the first pick for Dallas, id be extremely happy with him, he is a perfect fit, athletic and physical, and ive heard the deion sanders comparisons thrown around for him...if he is there id love to take him and bring him in as our #3 the first year

And I Actually like that Steelers pick, I think its on point...I can see Sweed being what Burress used to be for the steelers and with him and Holmes they will have a nice complimentary wr tandem for awhile...

xooberon
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
ok panther pick, but OT is a far bigger need. give us sam baker or one that fits the ZBS

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Wild draft.

Absolutely wild! Lol, you can ask DG about that one...

scottyboy
11-24-2007, 05:07 PM
reading through the draft i was really thinking the Giants pick would be exciting and out of the box, but you let me down with a boring Keith Rivers pick :D

I'd love Rivers there and am perfectly content with that pick. But secondary is more of a concern IMO and i'd love, idk someone like Courtney Greene? :D

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
reading through the draft i was really thinking the Giants pick would be exciting and out of the box, but you let me down with a boring Keith Rivers pick :D

I'd love Rivers there and am perfectly content with that pick. But secondary is more of a concern IMO and i'd love, idk someone like Courtney Greene? :D

I was going for out of the box, but Keith Rivers was too much. If you want, I can give YOU Casey Dick?

briz222x
11-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Miami is not taking McFadden, he does not fit Cam Camerons system. Cam uses the san diego system which features a huge beastly fullback blocking for the RB. In San Diego that was Neal, and in Miami he just drafted that huge FB Maiui or whatever his name is spelled. McFadden doesnt run behind a FB he doesnt fit that type of system.

Miami needs major help in the trenches, they will go with Dorsey or Long.

scottyboy
11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I was going for out of the box, but Keith Rivers was too much. If you want, I can give YOU Casey Dick?

I'd rather start Anthony Wright than have Casey Dick on the roster.

Mike Teel, I'm cool with. Casey Dick? that's like a negative player.

Pit Bull #53
11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
If we drafted an offensive tackle in the first round I would be so pissed off I might put a bounty out on Mike Reinfeldt. It wouldn't even be the first position I'd draft on the OL...actually it would be the last. I'd rank DE, DT, LB, OG, TE, RB, and WR above OT without even thinking about it for half a second. I don't even think it's close to be honest.

etk
11-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I could live with Sam Baker based on what's available. I think he might be the top OT on Gruden's board as a finesse pass blocker. Good mock.

YoJoeBucsFan
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
No more offensive line picks on the 1st day. We need a QB.

Finsfan79
11-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Explanation for the first pick, I don't like the fit of Long or Dorsey, McFadden is the player that will help out the most. I'm not sure if I buy it 100% right now, but I was pretty bored and just to see how things went. I'll get to the others tomorrow.

if they can flip brown for a 1st then it makes sense

Finsfan79
11-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Miami is not taking McFadden, he does not fit Cam Camerons system. Cam uses the san diego system which features a huge beastly fullback blocking for the RB. In San Diego that was Neal, and in Miami he just drafted that huge FB Maiui or whatever his name is spelled. McFadden doesnt run behind a FB he doesnt fit that type of system.

Miami needs major help in the trenches, they will go with Dorsey or Long.

actually mcfadden fits very well into the system that SD has been running (and ran back in the early 80s). I disagree completely about help in the trenches offensively. Depth at guard would be nice or a right tackle (one or the other) but not even both there.

Dorsey would help a lot with a switch back to the 4-3

but McFadden with a trade of brown makes a lot of sense too

TitanHope
11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
24. Tennessee Titans-Chris Williams OT/Vanderbilt

I don’t think Tennessee anywhere. That being said, I don’t know if they need to go WR in the 1st round. D-line doesn’t show me much value here, so once again, I look at O-line. Though Roos and Stewart are solid, they could go with the hometown guy in Williams as a value pick based on his athleticism.

As far as OL goes, OT is not a need, but OG is a prevailing need it seems. It appears that Benji Olsen may not return after this season due to a chronic ailment he's been dealing with the past two weeks, and Jacob Bell may be let go of in FA. If we re-sign Bell, then we may overlook Guard. If both leave, I don't see how its possible. If Williams can play Guard, awesome. If not, its a poor pick.

TitanAddict
11-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Not too crazy about the Titans' pick. If we go O-line, we'd definitely go guard or center. If we take a tackle in the first round, we would undoubtedly convert him to a guard.

steelernation77
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM

With Williams and Baker going the first couple picks before us, I gotta believe we try and move up to nab one of them.

Shane P. Hallam
11-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Not too crazy about the Titans' pick. If we go O-line, we'd definitely go guard or center. If we take a tackle in the first round, we would undoubtedly convert him to a guard.

Wiliams is versatile enough to play many positions on the O-line IMO. It could work...

11-29-2007, 03:39 PM

as of right now jake long is rated higher on most peoples boards, come the combine scouts will absolutely fall in love with cladys freakish athleticism only comparable to lets say maybe d'brickshaw. i have no complaints with clady at #3 and hes the best tackle in this draft IMO.

drowe
11-30-2007, 08:15 AM
i really like the packer's pick. it's just refreshing not to see the best available CB for once. because really, an OLB is a possibility if the value is there...and with Connor, the value is there.

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
i really like the packer's pick. it's just refreshing not to see the best available CB for once. because really, an OLB is a possibility if the value is there...and with Connor, the value is there.

I think DG and I tried to be a little different. I figured, good value, though LB overall is strong, not the OLB they need, and Connor, Barnett, and Hawk would be SICK. Will it happen? No, but it is a different take.