PDA

View Full Version : UCLA DE Bruce Davis

Crow
11-24-2007, 07:42 AM
What's the word on this guy?

Consecutive years of strong production. Undersized, but obviously a baller.

He project as a rush LB or more of a situational DE?

Matthew Jones
11-24-2007, 08:34 AM
He's got good height and speed for a rush linebacker, and obviously he's been productive over at UCLA. However, he's (in my opinion) a dirty player with a bad attitude (me against the world) and he's such a small player I probably wouldn't draft him unless it was way towards the end of the draft.

Solomon
11-24-2007, 10:14 AM
However, he's (in my opinion) a dirty player with a bad attitude (me against the world)

why do you say that?

I agree about him being way too small, he needs to add 15-20 lbs even if he wants to play rush LB position at the next level. He looks athletic enough, and has quick enough hips to adjust to LB tho and is a very natural pass rusher. Comparison...maybe Robert Mathis.

Crow
11-24-2007, 10:43 AM
A Robert Mathis type would be outstanding if he were there in Rd4.

Anyone got anything on his alleged attitude problems or dirty play? I don't mind him being dirty. Hell, I'd give him bonus points for that. But any sort of "me" attitude would obviously be a red flag.

SuperKevin
12-01-2007, 01:48 AM
He's going to come off the board in the 1st two rounds in my opinion as a 3-4 OLB. I think he has the potential to be the best 3-4 OLB in this draft.

Turtlepower
12-01-2007, 02:22 AM
I see him a lot like Simeon Rice. All he does is rush the QB, but is a liability in run defense. He would be a solid 3rd down Pass Rusher

soybean
12-01-2007, 02:27 AM
A Robert Mathis type would be outstanding if he were there in Rd4.

Anyone got anything on his alleged attitude problems or dirty play? I don't mind him being dirty. Hell, I'd give him bonus points for that. But any sort of "me" attitude would obviously be a red flag.

even though he's a UCLA guy and im a SC fan I like him. He has a big mouth but not once have i heard him ever blame his team for their woes. When asked questions he'll say something like "that's the nature of college football this year" He'll be like a chris gocong. hopefully both will become very successful.

i thought this was funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fX5H1oaVRnI

soybean
12-01-2007, 02:29 AM
I see him a lot like Simeon Rice. All he does is rush the QB, but is a liability in run defense. He would be a solid 3rd down Pass Rusher

he's actually not that bad at rush defense it's just that you guys (ASU) shut him down by double teaming him and he got frustrated and started over pursuing.

P-L
12-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I think he needs to gain some weight. He's lucky if he weighs 230 in pads...

Matthew Jones
12-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Most of the consensus on him is that he's an attention ***** and he won't ever turn down an interview or a camera. Sounds like Tiki Barber to me and that's kind of like the comparison I'd make for his personality. There's also at least one Youtube video where he has a cheap shot - kneeing a player in the head after a play.