11-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Bo Pelini -- COME ON DOWN!

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Frank Solich- line one.

eazyb81
11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Franchione and Orgeron are also gone.

I'm interested to see if Nebraska or A&M get the big-name coach.

bwillie26
11-24-2007, 11:59 AM
^

Pelini is gonna be the next coach. Probably will not happen until LSU plays in the SEC title game, but he's the man at Nebraska.

mqtirishfan
11-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh my God! I was totally not expecting this, and I am shocked. Shocked, I tell ya!!!

iowatreat54
11-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Osbourne should appoint himself the HC

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 12:17 PM
^

Pelini is gonna be the next coach. Probably will not happen until LSU plays in the SEC title game, but he's the man at Nebraska.

Why would he take the Nebraska job when he could probably have the LSU one?

soybean
11-24-2007, 12:17 PM
shouldve taken the resignation offer.

mqtirishfan
11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
shouldve taken the resignation offer.

And give up all that money? Hell no he shouldn't have.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-24-2007, 12:38 PM
What job do you think Callahan will get?

SuperMcGee
11-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Just don't take Gill. Please.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 12:50 PM
What job do you think Callahan will get?

I'm guessing Callahan will end up as an offensive coordinator or assistant in the NFL. I never really understood why Nebraska thought he'd be a good talent developer, he's an obnoxious asshole. That said, he knows how to operate an offense.

bwillie26
11-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Why would he take the Nebraska job when he could probably have the LSU one?

As much as people think, Miles isn't a slam dunk to Michigan.

Pelini's wife is also pushing him to Lincoln. It's been said over and over on all the Nebraska boards how much she has despised her time down in Baton Rouge. Don't ask me why she hates it, either. It's actually been talked about last year when people on Nebraska boards where talking about Pelini taking other jobs and why they would no be surprised to see him bolt sooner, rather than later.

I'm guessing Callahan will end up as an offensive coordinator or assistant in the NFL. I never really understood why Nebraska thought he'd be a good talent developer, he's an obnoxious asshole. That said, he knows how to operate an offense.

Completely disagree. Yesterday, you saw the BC that I have saw for 4 years. He implemented the spread option offense, and had it clicking. He comes out of halftime, completely changes the offense and you saw the 2nd half result.

You can go to last year when our 3rd quarter scoring speaks for itself.

Take for instance the two times our offense was clicking on all cylinders -- the first half of the Texas game, and the KSU game. Both times, Shawn Watson was calling plays.

During halftime of the Texas game, Callahan decided for whatever reason that he wanted to take over playcalling when our offense was dominating. Look at our 2nd half output.

The KSU game was a complete dismantling of a defense. Watson again was calling plays and knew not to let up off of the throttle with our defense.

Callahan is an ace recruiter and can install an offense, but when it comes to playcalling, that could really be his downfall moreso than his attitude.

Billingsley26
11-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Turner Gill will get the job at NEB and it wont be because of his success at UB.

bwillie26
11-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Turner Gill will get the job at NEB and it wont be because of his success at UB.

I don't like making bets, but I would wager any amount of money you have to lose that Pelini is the next coach.

TO is loyal and hard headed, but he isn't dumb.

Granted Turner is turning a horrendous football program around little by little, he is nowhere near ready for that big of a step up the coaching ladder.

Xonraider
11-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Shocking news... I'm speechless

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't like making bets, but I would wager any amount of money you have to lose that Pelini is the next coach.

Why do people make unequivocal statements like this? I'm so tired of the "I guarantee this will happen" or "there's a 90% chance this will happen". Most of the time it's complete ******** and even if it has some insight the odds of ANYTHING being 100% certain are bad.

If I actually knew who you were, or gave a **** about Nebraska football, I would gladly take that bet.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Completely disagree. Yesterday, you saw the BC that I have saw for 4 years. He implemented the spread option offense, and had it clicking. He comes out of halftime, completely changes the offense and you saw the 2nd half result.

You can go to last year when our 3rd quarter scoring speaks for itself.

Take for instance the two times our offense was clicking on all cylinders -- the first half of the Texas game, and the KSU game. Both times, Shawn Watson was calling plays.

During halftime of the Texas game, Callahan decided for whatever reason that he wanted to take over playcalling when our offense was dominating. Look at our 2nd half output.

The KSU game was a complete dismantling of a defense. Watson again was calling plays and knew not to let up off of the throttle with our defense.

Callahan is an ace recruiter and can install an offense, but when it comes to playcalling, that could really be his downfall moreso than his attitude.
He made Rich Gannon look like Joe Montana. He took a team to the Superbowl. That will get him an OC job if he wants it.

bwillie26
11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Why do people make unequivocal statements like this? I'm so tired of the "I guarantee this will happen" or "there's a 90% chance this will happen". Most of the time it's complete ******** and even if it has some insight the odds of ANYTHING being 100% certain are bad.

If I actually knew who you were, or gave a **** about Nebraska football, I would gladly take that bet.

Would a simple sig bet do? Winner gets the choice of what the other will wear for the next 4 months.

I'll go one better, if Pelini isn't hired in the next 2 weeks you win the bet.

So basically, if you want to call me out, either put up or shutup.

He made Rich Gannon look like Joe Montana. He took a team to the Superbowl. That will get him an OC job if he wants it.

And in the process has had two teams turn totally against him. He definitely is not a players coach. I know, I know -- there are coaches who had players despise them, but the difference is, if that coach succeeded, he definitely had the respect of those players. As evidenced by Callahan's track record, he had none of that.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy because I mainly got blinded by the talent he kept bringing in. I mean, look at the recruiting classes he has brought in year after year. But look at the results on the field. I think his ability to coach talent up speaks for itself.

Green Bay Scat
11-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Rich Gannon is a god. he's my friends uncle.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Would a simple sig bet do? Winner gets the choice of what the other will wear for the next 4 months.

I'll go one better, if Pelini isn't hired in the next 2 weeks you win the bet.

So basically, if you want to call me out, either put up or shutup.
Oooh...looks like we have an internet tough guy. I find non-monetary bets pointless, particularly when it has to do with teams I don't give a **** about. Not to mention this is the first time I've even noticed you here, so it wouldn't matter to me one way or another what sig you have. We shall see what happens.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 06:05 PM
And in the process has had two teams turn totally against him. He definitely is not a players coach. I know, I know -- there are coaches who had players despise them, but the difference is, if that coach succeeded, he definitely had the respect of those players. As evidenced by Callahan's track record, he had none of that.
Which is exactly why he should be a coordinator and not a head coach. Some people don't have the personalities to be in charge, Callahan is one of those people.

JT Jag
11-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I am praying to the football gods that Osbourne names himself the interim coach.

bwillie26
11-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Oooh...looks like we have an internet tough guy. I find non-monetary bets pointless, particularly when it has to do with teams I don't give a **** about. Not to mention this is the first time I've even noticed you here, so it wouldn't matter to me one way or another what sig you have. We shall see what happens.

This coming from the guy who gets behind a keyboard and decides to curse to someone else over a message board. You go on being a keyboard warrior.

But really, I find it funny you keep chiming in on a situation that you have stated twice now that you do not care about.

Which is exactly why he should be a coordinator and not a head coach. Some people don't have the personalities to be in charge, Callahan is one of those people.

And if you had heard some of the stories I have, you would understand why BC deserves not to coach anywhere.

Heck, look at the number of offensive players he has put in the NFL. You do have 3 fingers, right? Because that is how many he has put in the NFL. Really, only 2 because while Incognito played during the spring under Callahan, he never played a game under him.

From his playcalling to his development of talent, to his attitude, he really is not a good coach at all.

BufFan71
11-24-2007, 06:45 PM
when u give up 70+points to Kansas
and 65point to Colorado

dont bother showing up to work

RockJock07
11-25-2007, 12:01 AM
when u give up 70+points to Kansas
and 65point to Colorado

dont bother showing up to work

you are so right. BC seemed to kinda turn the corner before this season, but everything that could have gone wrong did. I thought Callahan and Keller would be a sick duo but things just fell apart agaisnt USC and even during the Wake game even though they won.

The defense was shockingly bad, i just don't know how you consistantly give up 60-70 points every week in Division I football. Nebraska is 2-3 years away from being anything again.

Invesco
11-25-2007, 12:14 AM
He's too conservative.

bwillie26
11-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Pelini would have to spit in TO's face and moon Harvey Pearlman to screw this one up right now.

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

Watching airplanes

A private plane, a Cessna Citation CJ3 (twin-jet), left Lincoln Municipal Airport at 1:14 Sunday afternoon.

It's supposed to arrive in Baton Rouge at 3:19.

It is exactly what it looks like. A source close to LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini told the Journal Star Sunday afternoon that the coach is set to interview with NU officials for the Nebraska head coaching job.

It is unclear when and where the interview will take place.

The plane is owned by Norfolk Iron and Metal, a company out of Nebraska.

Dick Robinson, president of Norfolk Iron and Metal, declined comment Sunday as to why the plane was headed to Baton Rouge.

"We have a policy that we don't reveal that type of information," said Robinson, who in 2006, was presented with the Clarence Swanson Memorial Award.

The award honors a person "for outstanding contributions to the University of Nebraska and the Husker athletic department."

When told of the flight by the Journal Star, LSU athletic director Skip Bertman said: "Are you kidding me?"

Bertman said nobody has contacted him regarding Pelini, considered a lead candidate for the Husker head coaching job.

"I don't think Tom Osborne would do it any other way," Bertman said.

However, he added, "It's probably not absolutely, positively mandatory for an assistant. I don't suppose he felt he had to contact me, I guess."

This comes a day after three sources told the Journal Star a private search firm had contacted Pelini about the Husker job.