PDA

View Full Version : Phil Loadholt

KCStud
11-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Is this guy gonna declare for the 2008 NFL Draft? As a KC fan, I pray he does so we can get him. IMO he is just as good as any LT in the draft the last 2 years. He is 6-8 just under 350 lbs and very athletic. His technique has great. Stoops has definitely worked with this giant Hawaiin and has him ready for the NFL.

boogeydown
11-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I went to middle school and high school with him and DJ Wolfe(the Oklahoma safety) and I'm pretty sure he will declare. Also he was just born in Hawaii but he always told people he was from New York City when people asked where he was from.

energizerbunny
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM
IMO he is the 2nd best tackle in the entire draft behind Long.... He is scary athletic for such a big body.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 06:06 PM
overrated
(adj) : rated too highly
"she is an overrated singer."

energizerbunny
11-24-2007, 06:12 PM
overrated
(adj) : rated too highly
"she is an overrated singer."

overrated is Cherilus and Baker. Loadholt has the feet of a 290 lb man, he has one of the most impressive wingspans i've seen. Its really up to him if he wants to be a 1st round pick this year or a top 5 pick next.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2007, 06:17 PM
overrated is Cherilus and Baker. Loadholt has the feet of a 290 lb man, he has one of the most impressive wingspans i've seen. Its really up to him if he wants to be a 1st round pick this year or a top 5 pick next.
Thus the discintion. He's a fringe 1st rounder this year (and honestly I've heard much worse). There are way too many people here that assume he would be the #2 OT if he declared (or even the 1st) and that's simply not the case.

Give him another year to establish his credibility and yes, he's certainly got the potential. At this point, however, I see almost no difference between him and guys like Otah and Oher, except a little height and lack of experience.

SuperKevin
11-24-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't see how people can be praising Otah despite only playing football for like 4 years yet the same people can knock Phil Loadholt for only having one year of D1 experience.

bored of education
11-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I want him at KC

Texas Homer
11-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I'd like for the Texans to be able to land him, but I think he needs another year to develop his skills and technique more.

Smokey Joe
11-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't know about Loadholt, but I think his partner in crime Duke Robinson will come out, due to the fact that there is no true no. 1 senior OG in this draft.

toonsterwu
11-25-2007, 01:35 AM
I think Loadholt's a very intriguing talent, but more of a late first/early 2nd. I think the thing that makes Otah a bit more intriguing (as both are somewhat similar talents) is that Otah's footwork, IMO, is a bit better. Both are rare for their size though ... being able to move as well as they can. I'd put Loadholt a tiny bit behind Chris Williams, but I could see him push Williams.

Btw, I think Cherilus and Baker are way overrated, and I was somewhat a Baker fan. I'm not sure either one is a first rounder, although they may get in there. I'm not sure either one is a definite lock to stay at tackle (although Cherilus is more likely than Baker). I really could see teams deciding that Baker is better off inside as a guard.