PDA

View Full Version : OT Alex Boone tOSU

Texas Homer
11-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Is he in the top 5 tackles for the draft?
Do you think he can play LT in the NFL?
Where do y'all see him getting drafted?

I personally like the kid. He has shown tremendous improvement(imo) this year from last year. He's big, tall, and strong. I think the Texans could use a OL like him.

toonsterwu
11-25-2007, 01:38 AM
As of now, I don't think he would be a top 5 if he declared, assuming every guy that could declare was put into the mix. Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Jeff Otah, Chris Williams, and Phillip Loadholt would definitely go ahead for me from a draft value perspective, along with perhaps Anthony Collins. There's a couple guys that he'd be about on level with. That said, there's 3 juniors up there, so I guess if all the juniors stayed home, I could see Boone in that 6-10 area.

As of now, I don't think he is an elite LT for the NFL.

If he comes out now, I think he's anywhere from mid-2nd to 4th.

Texas Homer
11-25-2007, 12:13 PM
do you rank Alex Boone above OT Tony Hills from Texas?

personally, I do and think Boone has improved his stock from a 4th rnd. selection into a late 1st rnder. or a early 2nd. rnder.
I don't think Hills gets drafted until the 3rd or 4th rnd.

Sniper
11-25-2007, 12:14 PM
do you rank Alex Boone above OT Tony Hills from Texas?

personally, I do and think Boone has improved his stock from a 4th rnd. selection into a late 1st rnder. or a early 2nd. rnder.
I don't think Hills gets drafted until the 3rd or 4th rnd.

Well that injury won't help Hills much.

T.Smith
11-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Im not so sure about Boone Leaving, in a recent article with one of our recruits(brewster)
Alex Boone was his host player, and this is what he said about him November 4th.

"I think center will be my eventual position, but I'm hoping to start out at right tackle," he stated. "I want to fight for Kirk Barton's spot right off the bat. I want to play right away and I want to start out at tackle since that is going to be the open spot. I know Alex Boone loves being at Ohio State and he said the only way he would consider leaving is if he was going to be a first round pick. He said he might not even consider leaving no matter what because he loves playing at Ohio State so much."

So he may stay a year and stay in hopes to get a bigger contract next year. Also I am aware people change there mind all the time, but I think Boone knows it will be beneficial to him staying a year in college.

Here is the article, it's free for today
http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/698143.html

Shane P. Hallam
11-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I think he falls HARD due to off the field issues. He's gone to a class for alcohol abuse, driven his car drunk into the car of the a student who was Brutus, therefore it was swept under the rug. He go a DUI from that as well. He's good, but he is staying.

bored of education
11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I think he stays and is a 1st rounder next year.

Babylon
11-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I think he falls HARD due to off the field issues. He's gone to a class for alcohol abuse, driven his car drunk into the car of the a student who was Brutus, therefore it was swept under the rug. He go a DUI from that as well. He's good, but he is staying.

Sounds like he's ready for the NFL.

energizerbunny
01-09-2008, 12:18 AM
If he can put his drinking problems behind him he is going to be a first rounder next year, he has made huge strides this season and moves very very well.