PDA

View Full Version : Elite Prospects

foozball
11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Which players will receive "Elite Prospect" ratings this year?

BuckNaked
11-24-2007, 10:16 PM
I would guess Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, Darren McFadden, and maybe Chris Long.

Scotty D
11-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I would only give it to Darren McFadden.

foozball
11-24-2007, 11:13 PM
what about kenny phillips?

BuckNaked
11-24-2007, 11:13 PM
what about kenny phillips?

No, he's not elite.

Race for the Heisman
11-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Chris Long. Maybe Darren McFadden. Jake Long, only if viewed as a right tackle. IMO.

fenikz
11-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Darren McFadden, Jake Long, Kenny Phillips & Glenn Dorsey

soybean
11-25-2007, 12:27 AM
dude there was already a thread on this, and scott answered.

EDIT: my bad, it's in the scouting report thread.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15044

foozball
11-25-2007, 12:33 AM
sorry if i wasnt here for the last elite prospect thread...i cant be here for all of them you know. and yea i used the search function...i got like a bazillion responses, and i gave up looking after the first few pages.

toonsterwu
11-25-2007, 01:58 AM
I really think it's just Darren McFadden, with a slim chance for someone like Jeff Otah to perhaps nail down a slot if he has an exceptional offseason to warrant it (that said, there would be those that argue an offseason shouldn't be able to make a player into an elite prospect, which I don't disagree with).

SuperKevin
11-25-2007, 02:08 AM
I'd have to agree with Toonster and say Darren McFadden is the only true elite player in this draft. Glenn Dorsey is close though

toonsterwu
11-25-2007, 02:19 AM
I think Dorsey is a top player ... and I really like DOrsey. Part of me feels that he's been a tad overhyped. He's a bit more versatile than a Sedrick Ellis, but I don't think the difference is substantial (although Ellis as a top 5 or 6 pick as some have seems awful high as well). The difference between them and say, Dre' Moore, isn't that great either, with Moore potentially having better upside than both, but less developed.

bigboiajhawk
11-26-2007, 03:02 AM
I agree with both of the statements above mine, I think McFadden is the only one deserving, but if I had to pick a top three it would go

1.McFadden
2.Chris Long
3.Glenn Dorsey

Dorsey would be more dominant if he wasnt injured

Iamcanadian
11-26-2007, 07:03 AM
I think the top 5 will get invaded by juniors when they declare. We will end up with about 8 elite prospects when all is said and done. I for one, won't be at all surprised to see quite a few seniors get bumped out of the top 10. Scott isn't hyping the juniors until he sees who will declare but as they do, the whole draft picture will change dramatically and we will be looking at a totally different top 5 and top 10.

P-L
11-26-2007, 07:22 AM
I know most people will disagree with me, but I don't see a single elite player in this draft as of now. McFadden is my #1 player and the closest to an "elite" player, but looking back at my "elite" players over the last few drafts, I'm not sure he's quite on the level of some of the other guys as prospects go. However, if his offseason is as good as or better than some expect, he may definitely earn the "elite" tag in my book.

BucSappy
11-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I know most people will disagree with me, but I don't see a single elite player in this draft as of now. McFadden is my #1 player and the closest to an "elite" player, but looking back at my "elite" players over the last few drafts, I'm not sure he's quite on the level of some of the other guys as prospects go. However, if his offseason is as good as or better than some expect, he may definitely earn the "elite" tag in my book.

If Reggie Bush was considered elite, and he was, then Darren McFadden is definately elite.

P-L
11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
If Reggie Bush was considered elite, and he was, then Darren McFadden is definately elite.
That's easy to say now, but I believe most (not all) people considered Reggie Bush the better prospect coming out. There will be a lot of people that would likely change their opinion due to Reggie's success (or lack there of) in the NFL. If Reggie Bush was in this draft and no one had any idea of how he'd play in his first two NFL seasons, I fully believe that Bush would go before McFadden.

BucSappy
11-26-2007, 07:37 AM
That's easy to say now, but I believe most (not all) people considered Reggie Bush the better prospect coming out. There will be a lot of people that would likely change their opinion due to Reggie's success (or lack there of) in the NFL. If Reggie Bush was in this draft and no one had any idea of how he'd play in his first two NFL seasons, I fully believe that Bush would go before McFadden.

I don't know. Both are great receivers. Both are very versatile. Both have very good size and athleticism, but the two differences here are that McFadden has shown that he can carry an offense and that he can run between the tackles. He is the better prospect, slightly.