PDA

View Full Version : 5 Rounder That Will Make Everyone Intelligent Happy!2/18

silky_johnson
02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/1929/Review.aspx

?

etk
02-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Awful Bucs mock. Gaines Adams and a QB? Ridiculous. Ludicrous. A guard? A CB over DTs?

RaiderNation
02-17-2007, 10:32 PM
EDIT:okay overall. didnt see the 4th and 5th rounds. Ryan Kalil would be our pick though if he is their in the 3rd. i dont like troy smith, so have Louis Leonard in the 4th. like first 5th, dont like 2nd one. we have a very good young lbing core. give us a DE or TE

hugegmenfan
02-17-2007, 10:38 PM
eh poor giants mock- we need OLB much more than hb right now and according to this mock we could get lorenzo booker in the 5th round so i would say that over lynch 1st round
give us timmons 1st round
2nd round give us wright which u have or kalil or manny ramirez because with diehl moving outside, interior oline is important
3rd round give us Eric Weddle- that would be the steal of the draft- if he is there in 3rd round it would b insane and we need a SS because ours r not cutting it
4th round- Burgess is a great pick or a guy like Steve Smith or Paul Williams also
5th round - Booker

TitanHope
02-17-2007, 10:45 PM
The Titans ranked dead last in total defense. Pac Man Jones is starting to flash but who's goig to play opposite? Hall is probably the most polished receiver in the draft.

Intelligent, eh? :wink:

For the Titans...

First round: Leon Hall- The Titans ranked last in total defense, yes. But it was most due to a poor pass rush. Leon Hall won't do us any good if the opposing QB has all day to throw, no matter how polished he is. We need a DE, and Charles Johnson is the best remaining DE. He's the pick, or a WR. CB shouldn't be picked in the 1st round.

Second round: Anthony Gonzalez- Good pick, but it'd be hard to pass up Tank Tyler there.

Third round: MLB isn't a first day need. The Titans only need depth and someone to give Stephen Tulloch a little competition for the starting spot. A player like that can be found on the second day, since the talent difference between the MLB's in the 3rd round and MLB's in the 4th round won't be very much at all.

Fourth round(a): Too late to be addressing DE. Craig Davis there, or even Samson Satele.

Fourth round(b): Good pick.

Fifth round: Now we can address MLB. Desmond Bishop or Justin Warren there, or even Lorenzo Booker would be a great pick. We need a good 3rd down back.

bucknut12
02-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Awful Bucs mock. Gaines Adams and a QB? Ridiculous. Ludicrous. A guard? A CB over DTs?The Bucs don't exactly have someone to throw them the ball...

Simms=Career backup

Gradkowski=Career backup

bucknut12
02-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Excellent Saints mock

etk
02-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Awful Bucs mock. Gaines Adams and a QB? Ridiculous. Ludicrous. A guard? A CB over DTs?The Bucs don't exactly have someone to throw them the ball...

Simms=Career backup

Gradkowski=Career backup

You are very ignorant. I expect an apology after Simms leads us to victory over your team twice next year like the good old days.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 11:19 PM
give GB Lynch please

asmitty45
02-17-2007, 11:25 PM
4/5 for the lions.
trent edwards is a terrible pick however, he may fit the system but we haev a developmental QB in orlovsky and if we dont take Quinn we wont take a QB. either Pittman or Duckworth is a better pick

bucknut12
02-17-2007, 11:36 PM

Simms=Career backup

Gradkowski=Career backup

You are very ignorant. I expect an apology after Simms leads us to victory over your team twice next year like the good old days.

OK :roll:

The Dynasty
02-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Round 1 - :) If we traded down to 14 then maybe
Round 2 - :? Wont happen for his character issues/Non Childress Player
Round 3 - :(
Round 4 - :( Dont need a LB at the time
Round 5 - :)

silky_johnson
02-17-2007, 11:42 PM
etk
Awful Bucs mock. Gaines Adams and a QB? Ridiculous. Ludicrous. A guard? A CB over DTs?

Proof positive. Yeah, the best DE and Drew Stanton the third best QB in the draft. For a team that needs a pass rush and a QB. That's ridiculous.

Yes, a guard. And yes a CB over DT.

Since you cannot formulate complete sentences with actual informed questions I'll answer in the same matter in which you ask them.

RaiderNation

EDIT:okay overall. didnt see the 4th and 5th rounds. Ryan Kalil would be our pick though if he is their in the 3rd. i dont like troy smith, so have Louis Leonard in the 4th. like first 5th, dont like 2nd one. we have a very good young lbing core. give us a DE or TE

Jake Grove.

I tried to give the Raiders Drew Stanton but most Raiders fans are in some sort of denial that they aren't in need of a new signal caller. So the best you are going to do if you don't grab one in round one or two is Troy Smith in the 4th. Which is a very good value anyways.

hugegmenfan

eh poor giants mock- we need OLB much more than hb right now and according to this mock we could get lorenzo booker in the 5th round so i would say that over lynch 1st round
2nd round give us wright which u have or kalil or manny ramirez because with diehl moving outside, interior oline is important
3rd round give us Eric Weddle- that would be the steal of the draft- if he is there in 3rd round it would b insane and we need a SS because ours r not cutting it
4th round- Burgess is a great pick or a guy like Steve Smith or Paul Williams also
5th round - Booker

Giants Dream Draft and Offseason
1. Lawrence Timmons, OLB
2. Eric Weddle, SS
3. Manuel Ramirez, G
4. Lorenzo Booker, HB

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So basically any mock draft that doesn't have the Giants getting Lawrence Timmons, Eric Weddle, Manuel Ramirez, and Lorenzo Booker is a "poor giants mock". Because taking the #2 RB and a guy most have as a top half of the first round pick to replace 385 touches and over 2,100 yards from scrimmage is less important than getting an OLB. Unless Timmons touches the ball over 300 times he's not going to make nearly as much of an impact as Lynch.

But hey, your "dream giants mock" has you getting Lorenzo Booker. A RB that couldn't even carry the load in college so he should be able to over double his touches from last year to make up for Tiki. :roll:

TitanHope

Hall is a much better value.

Acreboy

Thank You!

etk

Bwahahahahaha. It would be pretty hard for the Bucs to beat the Saints twice since they probably won't win more than two games so winning them both against the division champs would be a miracle.

princefielder28

Morency came on the second half of the season and if they need to the Pack can always re-sign Green to one of those one year deals again.

Caddy
02-18-2007, 12:27 AM

Calm down etk

The first pick is a decent one. Gaines Adams definitely fits our scheme and looks like a younger Simeon Rice.

Marcus McCauley would be fantastic value in the 2nd round. He has all the physical tools to look for and when you remember Buchanon is a FA, Kelly is getting injured frequently, Barber isn't getting any young and Bolden is plain shocking, CB is a legit pick.

I know most people hate the Drew Stanton pick, and in the 2nd round so do I. If he fell to the 4th I would consider it.

Rufus in the another good pickup. He presents good value and the skills to take over for Brooks in the coming years.

Duckworth is just a crap pick. :wink:

And once you get to the 5th and later it doesn't really matter, although Young would be a good pickup.

Crow
02-18-2007, 01:29 AM
For Oakland:

Love 1 & 3, though passing on Leonard there would kill me.

2 & 4 work for me.

5a fits a need, 5b doesn't. Booker would be a great pick there, even after taking Walker.

Dam8610
02-18-2007, 01:30 AM
1st :D
3rd :?
4th :evil:
5th :D :D :D

Eaglez.Fan
02-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Amazing eagles picks, all are superb

scar988
02-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm guessing you don't consider me intelligent. well. bad luck for you because you think you know the Falcons better than the people who actually follow the team:
10 Team Image Atlanta Falcons Adam Carriker DE Nebraska 6-6 290
A perfect compliment to John Abraham. Carriker is a mauling DE that blows his man up and can either play the run or rush the passer.
We are not going to reach for Adam Carriker. he is not worth a top 20 pick. we would never pass on RB Adrian Peterson here.
42 (10) Team Image Atlanta Falcons Ben Grubbs G Auburn 6-3 305
An shifty interior lineman.
good pick
74 (10) Team Image Atlanta Falcons John Wendling SS Wyoming 6-1 222
A freak of nature physically and should improve the Falcons 29th ranked pass defense.
he is a pure SS. we already have 2 pure SS's. we need a FS. we would get FS Eric Weddle here.
106 (10) Team Image Atlanta Falcons Dwayne Wright RB Fresno State 6-0 220
No Comments Made
assuming we take Peterson in the first thsi pick isn't neccessary. we would get OT James Marten here.
138 (10) Team Image Atlanta Falcons Rhema McKnight WR Notre Dame 6-1 205
No Comments Made
good pick.

Beans
02-18-2007, 08:59 AM

Rufus Alexander is a great pick, though.

The rest... not so much. Gaines isn't too bad.

Beans
02-18-2007, 09:06 AM

Proof positive. Yeah, the best DE and Drew Stanton the third best QB in the draft. For a team that needs a pass rush and a QB. That's ridiculous.

Since you cannot formulate complete sentences with actual informed questions I'll answer in the same matter in which you ask them.

I'll agree that Gaines is the BPA there (though I would love Okoye), but DT is probably our biggest need, moreso than CB, though we need that too. We have zero need for a quarterback, Simms is our starter and Rattay and Gradkowski can handle the backup spot. Our guards are the strong point (or at least, the least bad players) on our line, as Joseph and Beunning have performed well. Our biggest line needs are C and LT. A corner is a need, but someone like Mebane at the bottom of the second would help this draft a lot for us.

etk
02-18-2007, 09:12 AM

Calm down etk

The first pick is a decent one. Gaines Adams definitely fits our scheme and looks like a younger Simeon Rice.

Marcus McCauley would be fantastic value in the 2nd round. He has all the physical tools to look for and when you remember Buchanon is a FA, Kelly is getting injured frequently, Barber isn't getting any young and Bolden is plain shocking, CB is a legit pick.

I know most people hate the Drew Stanton pick, and in the 2nd round so do I. If he fell to the 4th I would consider it.

Rufus in the another good pickup. He presents good value and the skills to take over for Brooks in the coming years.

Duckworth is just a crap pick. :wink:

And once you get to the 5th and later it doesn't really matter, although Young would be a good pickup.

Gaines Adams is not the next Rice, because he's not nearly as explosive and his arms aren't long enough. He's also going to be a 24 year old rookie so I don't see his upside factor. Cornerback is not a pressing need right now, and the Stanton pick is just terrible. We don't need another mediocre QB. Rufus is the only good pick.

02-18-2007, 10:08 AM
If the Jags pick were any worse id cry oh what the hell :cry:

PalmerToCJ
02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Great Bengals 1st rounder... I can only hope.

Second round I like the position pick but I don't think Jackson has the speed we need out of our corners. Keiwan Ratliff doesn't start because of it and Tory James old man syndrome slowed him down and made him a weak link in our D. I'd rather see Josh Wilson.

4th round I'd rather see OL/RB or maybe even Kolb because we need a long term backup.

No complaints on the 5th.

draftguru151
02-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Stanley Doughty might not get drafted, terrible reach there.

Ho0k Em'
02-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Great Chiefs draft.

Xiomera
02-18-2007, 11:03 AM
I am content . . . not happy. NO QB's FOR DETROIT!

trademaster
02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I like it, although I would prefer Yanda in the 3rd.

silky_johnson
02-18-2007, 12:42 PM
asmitty45

Odds are if Russell is there in round one they'd take him #1 overall. But Trent Edwards in the 4th is a steal! He's extremely accurate and has an above average arm. I think in Martz's system of getting the ball out of the QB's hand quickly will lead him to not take so many hits and only improve his play. In Stanford's offense he had to hold onto the ball too long to make big plays and with his crappy o-line that's a formula for disaster.

The Dynasty

I went a little off the norm. But Bowe might be the most complete WR in the draft. He does everything. Also, I hear his estimated 4.55-4.6 forty will actually be a sub 4.5. Making him more of a deep threat than teams thought. And at 6-2 220lbs who likes to go over the middle he'll immediately improve the NFL's weakest WR core.

What, like Dwight Smith? I might be a Steelers fan but I live in Wisconsin and work in Minnesota. I know a thing or two about the Pack and Vikes. Meriweather might be the most talented safety in this draft. A top ten pick on talent. The Vikes are a team in desperate need of some speed at safety. Hell, Meriweather could possibly play CB. He's that good. The Vikes are a team that WILL take chances on questionable character issues for talent. If Meriweather is still around in the second round they have to considered him.

Round 3- :D

I'm sorry but did you not see that New England game. They put those LB's out in coverage and they just folded. Simpson might be udnersized but he can tackle with the best of them and can cover TE's and RB's. Also Harris is a free agent and Henderson should move back inside where he is better suited.

24cadillac24

Thank you for an intelligent and thought out reply.

Exactly why I took him.

Exactly!

Let me explain why I took a QB. Stanton is a perfect fit for Grudens system. He has great accuracy and good wheels. But one thing he has that most your QB's don't have is a rocket arm. Stanton also is the #3 QB in this draft class and might slip into round one. i.e. Jason Campbell and Patrick Ramsey did a few years back. He hasn't risen like J.P. Losman did but still has went up boards.

The bucs have four career back-ups on their roster. They are in need of a true #1. And I wouldn't be surprised if they took Quinn with their first if he's still available.

Also, Gruden coached Stanton at the Senior Bowl and coaches have in recent years drafted players they really liked at the Senior Bowl. Marty and Phillip Rivers. Gruden and Cadiliac Williams.

Reminded me of a poor mans Derrick Brooks.

Duckworth is just a crap pick.

Value wise Duckworth is a very good value. And I looked at the Bucs who have one guard backing up two positions.

Eaglez.Fan

Thanks

scar988

No I know you aren't intelligent.

We are not going to reach for Adam Carriker. he is not worth a top 20 pick. we would never pass on RB Adrian Peterson here.

Look at some mock drafts. Carriker goes from San Fran to the Steelers. That makes him a top 15 pick in almost everyone eyes.

he is a pure SS. we already have 2 pure SS's. we need a FS. we would get FS Eric Weddle here.

Actually you have no safeties. Unless Grandpa Milloy finds the fountain of youth! And Wendling can play FS or SS smart guy. He's played both and when you see his workout numbers you'll see he has the speed and hips to do it in the pros.

assuming we take Peterson in the first thsi pick isn't neccessary. we would get OT James Marten here.

But the Falcons didn't. See I saw this RB Norwood the Falcons have. He looked pretty good and they still have this guy Dunn. Wright would be a nice future compliment to Norwood.

BeansDooma
I'll agree that Gaines is the BPA there (though I would love Okoye)

If Okoye goes to the combine 300+ and runs well and shows good stength and agility he very well could be the pick. He is a very Sapp like player. But right now that would be a very pick reach that early.

We have zero need for a quarterback, Simms is our starter and Rattay and Gradkowski can handle the backup spot

The Bucs probably have the biggest need for QB in the NFL. They have four back-ups and ZERO starters.

Jagsfreak123
If the Jags pick were any worse id cry oh what the hell Crying or Very sad

Read Subject header...

Get the Jags the best CB for a team that needs a CB, an OLB for a team in need of an OLB, a TE for a team that needs a TE, and a QB for a team that doesn't know if either have their high paid QB's are the guy. If you are crying it should be tears of joy!

JT Jag
02-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Great Jaguars 5th-round pick.

HORRIBLE everything else.

SOMEONE explain to me how cornerback is the "biggest need" for the Jaguars. Heck, explain to me how it's a need at ALL.

Nicholas is a mid-round player... we're interested in talented blocking tight-ends (like Matt Spaeth, who the Jaguars should take in any round from 3 to 5), not another exclusive pass-catcher... I'm too irritated to go on.

T-RICH49
02-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Fantastic Chiefs Draft

petrilindroos
02-18-2007, 03:03 PM
not a fan of the jets draft at all

bucknut12
02-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing you don't consider me intelligent. well. bad luck for you because you think you know the Falcons better than the people who actually follow the team:
A perfect compliment to John Abraham. Carriker is a mauling DE that blows his man up and can either play the run or rush the passer.

You would pass on Peterson because Norwood is the future.

jetsfan3
02-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Give the Jets Alma Francis in the 3rd and Tyler at 2b.

scar988
02-18-2007, 03:11 PM

You would pass on Peterson because Norwood is the future.no we wouldn't. we need a POWER RB. Norwood is anything but a power RB.

scar988

No I know you aren't intelligent

Look at some mock drafts. Carriker goes from San Fran to the Steelers. That makes him a top 15 pick in almost everyone eyes.

Actually you have no safeties. Unless Grandpa Milloy finds the fountain of youth! And Wendling can play FS or SS smart guy. He's played both and when you see his workout numbers you'll see he has the speed and hips to do it in the pros.

But the Falcons didn't. See I saw this RB Norwood the Falcons have. He looked pretty good and they still have this guy Dunn. Wright would be a nice future compliment to Norwood.
Dunn might as well be gone. Also, Carriker is not worth a top 10 or 15 pick. I don't care where people have him I'm going by what I have seen of him and he isn't worth that high of a pick. Also, we have Chris Crocker and Lawyer Milloy for SS. they are both very good for that. we don't need a sS in ANY way. dude, you don't know a god damn thing abotu the Falcons. quit acting like you do.

indyfan1985
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Not bad Colts picks. However with Paul Pozluszny and Tank Tyler both available I doubt the Colts pass on both. Tank Tyler is the most likely selection. I like the picks of Steve Smith and Lorenzo Booker in the later rounds.

As for the Titans I think they will trade up a few spots if either Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry were to fall that far. I love the pick of Anthony Gonzalez in the 2nd.

dcarey20
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM
1st round: Aaron Sears - decent pick.
2nd round: Tank Tyler - DT is not much a need, but Tyler is such great value there that I like it.
3rd round: Brian Leonard - nice pick especially if Mughelli can't be resigned.
5th round: Desmond Bishop - nice pick, would give us some good depth.

good draft for the ravens.

jackalope
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
really don't like Ted Ginn in the first. the rest is ok.

silky_johnson
02-18-2007, 03:23 PM
JT Jag

SOMEONE explain to me how cornerback is the "biggest need" for the Jaguars. Heck, explain to me how it's a need at ALL.

Brian Williams, Terry Cousins, Scott Starks and as the ultimate move of desperation signing Ahmad Carroll. If that isn't the proverbial bite in the ass I don't know what is.

Nicholas is a mid-round player...

That's opinion. My opinion is a four year starter with 50 games played, 326 tackles, 54 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, 15 passes broken up, and two picks is a first day draft choice.

we're interested in talented blocking tight-ends (like Matt Spaeth, who the Jaguars should take in any round from 3 to 5), not another exclusive pass-catcher...

Bwahahaha. Blocking TE's. Blocking TE's. Let me say that again so maybe it will get thru your thick cromagnum man type skull. BLOCKING TE's!!! You want a TE to block. Here's a question for you why not draft a tackle and put him on the field as an eligable receiver but really have him there just to block?

As far as blocking tight ends in this draft Newton is above average. Needs a little coaching to get better leverage but still gives good effort and is more than willing to block. You now have a roster full of tight ends that block but couldn't catch herpes in a ***** house! Newton in the third is very good value and also a need. Not cornerback need but still a need.

T-RICH49

Thanks

gookieman

With a reply like that you definitely fit my subject header of this post.

JT Jag
02-18-2007, 03:39 PM
JT Jag

Brian Williams, Terry Cousins, Scott Starks and as the ultimate move of desperation signing Ahmad Carroll. If that isn't the proverbial bite in the ass I don't know what is.

Brian Williams played well for us as the #2 CB, and I challenge you to find otherwise. He's not a big playmaker, but he wasn't asked to be. He just made sure the guys he lined up against weren't big playmakers.

Cousins has done well for us but is getting old. He may be released this offseason, because the team trusts the guys behind him: Dee Webb and Scott Starks. Webb is an up-and-comer. Stark is good as a nickel corner.

Carroll was a no-risk pickup.

Next.
Nicholas is a mid-round player...
That's opinion. My opinion is a four year starter with 50 games played, 326 tackles, 54 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, 15 passes broken up, and two picks is a first day draft choice.

Your opinion does not equal the opinion of GMs everywhere. He plays for a small school, which is a kiss of death unless you really tear things up--- which he didn't. He gets drafted in the third, at the highest.

we're interested in talented blocking tight-ends (like Matt Spaeth, who the Jaguars should take in any round from 3 to 5), not another exclusive pass-catcher...
Bwahahaha. Blocking TE's.

Yes?

Blocking TE's.

Uhuh...

Let me say that again so maybe it will get thru your thick cromagnum man type skull. BLOCKING TE's!!!

Stop repeating yourself.

You want a TE to block. Here's a question for you why not draft a tackle and put him on the field as an eligable receiver but really have him there just to block?

So the RUNNING GAME can flourish? You know... the Jaguars ARE a RUN-FIRST team. Kyle Brady was the #1 TE for the team last year, because he's a top-3 blocking TE in the league. He's also a bottom-3 receiving TE in the league. Coaches value good blockers at skill positions a lot more then you do. He's 35, and the team needs to replace that skill.

As far as blocking tight ends in this draft Newton is above average. Needs a little coaching to get better leverage but still gives good effort and is more than willing to block. You now have a roster full of tight ends that block but couldn't catch herpes in a *********** house! Newton in the third is very good value and also a need. Not cornerback need but still a need.

And I bid you adeu. You obviously know nothing about the team. Newton is a pure pass-catcher. Both George Wrighster and Marcedes Lewis are developing pass-catching TEs--- Wrighster is already a dependable option, and Marcedes has lots of talent. We don't need another receiver at a position defined by versatility. We need someone to replace a veteran. It's doubtful we draft TE in the first day at all, in all seriousness.

silky_johnson
02-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Brian Williams played well for us as the #2 CB, and I challenge you to find otherwise

One Interception. Yawn. Would you like me to walk and chew gum at the same time?

Your opinion does not equal the opinion of GMs everywhere.

So you know these GM's everywhere? Do you have brunch with them and discuss what a great CB Brian Williams is?

If someone would of told you in 2005 that Lofa Tatupu would be a top 45 pick you'd of said no way. Or if someone said Nick Hardwick would be the second center and 66 overall pick in 2004, not a chance. Look how that worked out.

If you don't think he would go that high, I'm fine with that. And can see your point. But don't act like you are some GM that knows better.

He plays for a small school, which is a kiss of death

I don't want you to look stupid so... cough*Rashean*cough cough*Mathis*cough.

unless you really tear things up--- which he didn't.

Read again. That's opinion. My opinion is a four year starter with 50 games played, 326 tackles, 54 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, 15 passes broken up, and two picks is a first day draft choice.

So the RUNNING GAME can flourish? You know... the Jaguars ARE a RUN-FIRST team

So that's why you draft tight ends... to block. See I always thought they were supposed to be an extention of the passing game and a contributor in the running game.

The Steelers too are a run first team. That didn't stop them from taking a first round tight end with great receiving skills and average blocking skills in Heath Miller. They coached him a little and improved his blocking skills and now he's a complete TE.

Fact is the Jags have spent some high picks on receivers and their passing game has not improved.

Kyle Brady was the #1 TE for the team last year, because he's a top-3 blocking TE in the league. He's also a bottom-3 receiving TE in the league.

Wow, telling a Penn State fan about Kyle Brady. Please go on. Can I take notes? Maybe explain to me about Larry Johnson next.

Brady was a good pass catcher in his younger days. And at Penn State was a sure handed go to guy for Collins. He's gotten old and is primarily a blocker now. But five catches for 37 yards is horrible. And they need a replacement. Newton can catch, oh no he can catch the ball as a Tight End.... NOOoooooo. But he can also block. I'm sorry he's not one dimensional... how the Jags like their tight ends.

And I bid you adeu. You obviously know nothing about the team. Newton is a pure pass-catcher.

Must of learned this in one of those brunches with those NFL GM's.... so not fair for the rest of us mortal men.

JT Jag
02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
One Interception. Yawn. Would you like me to walk and chew gum at the same time?
Did you miss the part where I said that he wasn't asked to make big plays?

So all the sudden, interceptions are the only indicator of a defensive back's value?

He plays for a small school, which is a kiss of death

Given. However...

unless you really tear things up--- which he didn't.
Read again. That's opinion. My opinion is a four year starter with 50 games played, 326 tackles, 54 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, 15 passes broken up, and two picks is a first day draft choice.
Rashean had double-digit interceptions coming out Bethune Cookman. And unlike Nicholas, he had archetypical cornerback size and bulk. THAT is tearing it up.

So the RUNNING GAME can flourish? You know... the Jaguars ARE a RUN-FIRST team
So that's why you draft tight ends... to block. See I always thought they were supposed to be an extention of the passing game and a contributor in the running game.

The Steelers too are a run first team. That didn't stop them from taking a first round tight end with great receiving skills and average blocking skills in Heath Miller. They coached him a little and improved his blocking skills and now he's a complete TE.

Fact is the Jags have spent some high picks on receivers and their passing game has not improved.

It's a Tight Ends UNIT. There are SPECIALISTS. George Wrighster is the team's H-Back. Marcedes Lewis is an up-and-coming receiving TE who the team won't give up on after one year. And Brady is the blocker who comes in during short-yardage situations. Brady needs to be replaced... with someone who can excel as a blocker in short yardage situations and also be a good red-zone target. A player like Spaeth, maybe?

Kyle Brady was the #1 TE for the team last year, because he's a top-3 blocking TE in the league. He's also a bottom-3 receiving TE in the league.
Wow, telling a Penn State fan about Kyle Brady. Please go on. Can I take notes? Maybe explain to me about Larry Johnson next.

Brady was a good pass catcher in his younger days. And at Penn State was a sure handed go to guy for Collins. He's gotten old and is primarily a blocker now. But five catches for 37 yards is horrible. And they need a replacement. Newton can catch, oh no he can catch the ball as a Tight End.... NOOoooooo. But he can also block. I'm sorry he's not one dimensional... how the Jags like their tight ends.

Ask any coach: Tight ends aren't just receivers who line up on tackle. Once upon a time, they were just what you're criticizing: extra tackles. Some would argue blocking is still a tight-end's number-one responsibility. Tight ends are called upon to do several things, blocking being one of them. Brady has been a rock for the team for years, but that rock is eroding. You don't put a nut into the socket where a screw used to be in a machine.

yourfavestoner
02-18-2007, 04:46 PM
GunShow: I love how you completely ignore the parts of JT's argument that discredit what you're saying.

We wanted a corner. He brought us both cover ability and the ability to tackle and play the run,” Harris said.

Hm. I don't see anything in there about all the interceptions they expected him to rack up. He was signed to complement Mathis, not to be Deion Sanders.

He (Nicholas) plays for a small school, which is a kiss of death unless you really tear things up--- which he didn't.

You realize that Rashean Mathis set the NCAA Division II record for interceptions, right? That constitutes as "tearing it up."

I realize that we're all entitled to our own opinions (for better or for worse), but to say that CB is the Jaguars' biggest need is borderline idiotic. Rashean Mathis is an All Pro. Brian Williams is a solid starter at the very least. Terry Cousin played well in the nickel spot, but when he missed time, Scott Starks didn't miss a beat. If they draft a corner in the first round, which isn't out of the question, it wouldn't be because CB is their biggest need. It's because said player is too much of a value to pass up.

And calling Ahmad Carroll a desperation move? Jesus Christ. He was signed to be a special teams gunner, you bleeding idiot. The coaching staff didn't even let him on the field for any defensive playing time.

Sveen
02-18-2007, 05:48 PM
#27 New Orleans Saints - Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
#58 New Orleans Saints - Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State
#91 New Orleans Saints - Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
#119 New Orleans Saints - Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
#123 New Orleans Saints - Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston
#155 New Orleans Saints - Noland Burchette, DE, Virgina Tech

I'm actually loving this Draft. And btw; we have Philly's 3rd or 4th (depending on what they do with Stallworth).

The Unseen
02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Really, it doesn't matter what you think about Brian Williams. He's being paid approx. 5 million a year, and had a good year. Most importantly, the coaching staff and front office thought he had a good year, as opposed to other situations where guys get big money but suck (Fred Smoot). Yeah, CB is a major need. And you're a great mock drafter.

Ahmad Carroll the ultimate desparation move? Survey says...you're an idiot! Really, I can't tell you how dee dee dee you are for saying that. 1) Take your computer 2) Insert foot in screen 3) Throw out window.

Beans
02-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't understand all the Simms hatin'. He's performed well in all the time he's got, when his line isn't collapsing around him.

draftguru151
02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
I wonder if the gun show has even heard of Marcedes Lewis.

Vikes99ej
02-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Big time reach for Bowe, if we were to get him, we'd trade down. The only other player I like in our draft is Merriweather.

leftwich7
02-18-2007, 10:36 PM
I wonder if the gun show has even heard of Marcedes Lewis.

i bet he also didn't know that the jags had the number 10 passing defense in the nfl and the number two overall defense in the league, so i guess CB is really important?NOT

lsantaoe
02-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I could live with- although he isn't my first choice- Carriker at 10. But there is no way in hell we would pass on Adrian Peterson.

Grubbs would be great.

Wendling is too much of a SS for us. We need a guy who we know can be the deep patrol.

I'd be fine with Wright.

I like McKnight for us.

Also, we have the Broncos 4th round pick from the Abraham deal.

JT Jag
02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
The coup de-grace to kill your anti-Brian Williams argument...

The Jaguars were the best team in the league covering #2 receivers.

What's that, you say? To cover your butt, you think that Mathis spent most of his time covering the #2 guys to shut down a third of the field?

Even if that's the case, the Jaguars were the 8th-best team in the league covering #1 receivers, and the 2nd-best team in the league covering non-starting wide-outs (which shatters your thought that we have bad nickel corners, now that I think of it).

(statistics via http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef.php. Scroll down.)

smittyjs
02-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I hate all the titans picks :(
CB is a need, but DE is a bigger need, Anthony Gonzalez just makes me sad, We already have Tulluch at MLB, i would rather give him a chane at MLB. If we go DT, i think it will be the first two rounds.

LB51
02-19-2007, 01:30 PM
give the giants Marvin white in the 3rd and Tarell Brown in the 5th, and then I'll say i love you. Great overal draft, love marshawn in the first

Chucky
02-19-2007, 01:39 PM
horrible bucs mock

silky_johnson
02-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Did you miss the part where I said that he wasn't asked to make big plays?

I see now. Your TE's aren't supposed to catch the ball and your DB's aren't supposed to make big plays. Hey, if I was a coach I'd run my team the exact same way. :lol:

Given. However... Rashean had double-digit interceptions coming out Bethune Cookman. And unlike Nicholas, he had archetypical cornerback size and bulk. THAT is tearing it up.

He also played safety at Bethune Cookman where he went up against the likes of Howard and North Carolina A&T.

Nicholas played against #23 Rutgers, #10 Louisville and #7 West Virginia(Who they beat). They also play Pittsburgh(win), Syracuse(win), UNC(win), Central Florida(win).

Lets just say Nicholas played against Top Notch College competition where he was known to be the best defensive player on the team and Reshean... not so much competition but was the best player on the team.

It's a Tight Ends UNIT. There are SPECIALISTS. George Wrighster is the team's H-Back. Marcedes Lewis is an up-and-coming receiving TE who the team won't give up on after one year. And Brady is the blocker who comes in during short-yardage situations. Brady needs to be replaced... with someone who can excel as a blocker in short yardage situations and also be a good red-zone target. A player like Spaeth, maybe?

The Jags base offense is a two TE set. So even if Lewis developes the team still needs a second TE. Also I don't know where you get this idea that Spaeth is some suberb blocker. Have you seen him play? Again, I live in Wisconsin and work in Minnesota. Over the last few years I've seen probably a half a dozen gopher games and Spaeth might block more than Newton do to their offense but I don't see how that translates to better? Just because a TE is asked to block more due to the system doesn't mean he's better at it. You put Newton in a Gophers uniform does that make him better? Newton needs a little coaching at blocking but doesn't do a bad job he just isn't asked to do it as often. He's a big part of their passing game and it's a lot harder to teach a guy to run routes find soft spots in zones and catch the ball than it is to teach him to use better leverage to block. Which is probably the only weakness in Newtons blocking ability. He is tall and doesn't always bend his knees as much as he should when he is asked to block.

Ask any coach: Tight ends aren't just receivers who line up on tackle. Once upon a time, they were just what you're criticizing: extra tackles. Some would argue blocking is still a tight-end's number-one responsibility. Tight ends are called upon to do several things, blocking being one of them. Brady has been a rock for the team for years, but that rock is eroding. You don't put a nut into the socket where a screw used to be in a machine.

You do know when Brady came out of Penn State he was looked as a pass catcher with marginal blocking ability right?

yourfavestoner

Hm. I don't see anything in there about all the interceptions they expected him to rack up. He was signed to complement Mathis, not to be Deion Sanders.

Well, with his one interception he really doesn't have to worry about being mistaken for Deion Sanders does he? And say what he wants, coaches do want their DB's to intercept passes. I know I'm not a coach but when I played football the coaches always seemed to like interceptions... call me crazy.

yourfavestoner

You realize that Rashean Mathis set the NCAA Division II record for interceptions, right? That constitutes as "tearing it up."

Yeah, must be hard going against Norfork State and Savannah State... Nicholas only played #7 Louisville and two other nationally ranked teams. I mean when he played this tiny ass school... I think their mascot was a Panther this tiny school Pittburgh he only had four solo tackles. Two were for a loss but only four tackles... and only two sacks. And when he played Rutgers, I mean Rutgers HAHA they always suck, he didn't have any sacks. He blocked a kick but that's special teams. Special teams... geesh more like special olympics!

http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/owned/oukick.jpg

Sveen

Thanks. The order is set by the website. They also have the Bengals having a third round pick which they used on Ahmad Brooks.

The Unseen

lol!!! :D

He's being paid approx. 5 million a year

as opposed to other situations where guys get big money but suck

LOL! Fred Smoot only has one INT too. And he's being paid about five million a season too!

Ahmad Carroll the ultimate desparation move? Survey says...you're an idiot!

Yeah, you tell me how Carroll was a great pick-up. I never seen him play. I only live in Wisconsin.... but again maybe tell me about Kyle Brady next...

The Unseen
dee dee dee

http://s.mynicespace.com/myspacepic/0/83.gif

Vikes99ej

Yeah I know on most boards he'd be a reach. But I feel Jarrett is too slow and I like Ginn but most Vikings fans don't. Feel he won't go over the middle. Bowe will definitely go over the middle and might be the best NFL ready receiver in the draft.

JT Jag

All you Jags fans when you talk about Brian Williams reminds me of Chuck Norris facts. Larry Brown wasn't MVP of Superbowl XXX... Brian Williams when he was 16 wanted to see if he was NFL ready and knocked Larry Brown out in the locker room and took his uniform. Larry Brown's uniform then became Superbowl MVP. Later Larry Brown cashed in a huge contract with the Raiders all thanks to... Brian Williams!

JT Jag
02-19-2007, 03:27 PM
You aren't actually saying anything anymore, TGS.

You can't dispute our points.

All you can do is ignore the parts of our arguments that are killers, and quote the ones that you can defend against.

It's pointless arguing with you.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

That's you.

silky_johnson
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I've debunked your asinine TE's are only supposed to block, Brian Williams is a good CB, and even made you look like a fool with your Stephen Nicholas isn't worth a second round pick. And that one I was willing to admit it's mostly my opinion that he is.

Come back again if you ever want a beating like that again. But only a Sadist would enjoy that arse whipping you took!

JT Jag
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I've debunked your asinine TE's are only supposed to block, Brian Williams is a good CB, and even made you look like a fool with your Stephen Nicholas isn't worth a second round pick. And that one I was willing to admit it's mostly my opinion that he is.

Come back again if you ever want a beating like that again. But only a Sadist would enjoy that arse whipping you took!I challenge you to find where I actually said that TE's are only supposed to block. I ACTUALLY said that it's best if a team has a single TE who has good blocking skills, who has some receiving skills in a pinch.

And I still don't see how you "debunked" my thoughts that Brian Williams is a good CB. The Jaguars were a top-10 pass defense. They were the top defense in the NFL defending #2 WRs, and #8 in the NFL covering #1s. This points towards Williams doing his job.

And whether I think it or not, Nicholas won't be picked in the second, whether he's worth it or not. If you're trying to make a statement in your mock, fine. Just don't make a statement by screwing with my team's picks.

Doncarlito
02-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Vikes99ej

Yeah I know on most boards he'd be a reach. But I feel Jarrett is too slow and I like Ginn but most Vikings fans don't. Feel he won't go over the middle. Bowe will definitely go over the middle and might be the best NFL ready receiver in the draft.

While Bowe may be a good choice for the vikings in the end there is NO chance we take him at 7 even if he runs a 4.30 at the combine Rick Speilman has already said that they arent going to make another troy williamson mistake and at the combine they wont focus so much on the performance as the medical examination and such

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=619815

as for merriweather, id like to see him there but the fact of the matter is He is not a childress guy he has personality issues there is about a .000001% that childress will take him. he would have to make one heck of an good impression on childress in an interview to make childress take him

and i have to agree with Dynasty that we dont need a olb we have enough with greenway coming back

kevin148
02-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Round 1 - :) If we traded down to 14 then maybe
Round 2 - :? Wont happen for his character issues/Non Childress Player
Round 3 - :(
Round 4 - :( Dont need a LB at the time
Round 5 - :)
Pretty much what I'm feeling.
Waaaaay to high for Bowe.
Merriweather won't be a Viking (that's the only given I know in this draft)
OLB is our strongest position
...I'm spent.

silky_johnson
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I challenge you to find where I actually said that TE's are only supposed to block. I ACTUALLY said that it's best if a team has a single TE who has good blocking skills, who has some receiving skills in a pinch.

That's all you seem to care about. So like I said before. Why not draft a tackle, like Brandon Frye or Joe Staley, and put them as an eligible tackle? Both them played TE in College and moved to OT. They can block better than any TE in this draft and have marginal receiving skills in a pinch.

You know why? Because if your TE isn't any threat to catch it's easy for the defense to just lable him a blocker every play and never have to worry about covering him. You don't cover Joe Newton and it's a first down everytime.

And I still don't see how you "debunked" my thoughts that Brian Williams is a good CB. The Jaguars were a top-10 pass defense. They were the top defense in the NFL defending #2 WRs, and #8 in the NFL covering #1s. This points towards Williams doing his job.

Were the Jags a top ten Pass Defense because of Williams or despite Williams? Again, live in Wisconsin and work in Minnesota. I've seen Brian Williams play a time or two. He's a marginal CB. More suited for the #3 spot at best.

The Steelers were a top ten defense do you see me getting in a tissy when I see someon draft a defensive player? I don't care if it's a DE, CB, or LB is it's a good fit and value I'm all for it. Heck, I have the Steelers taking a RB when they already have a pro bowl RB.

And whether I think it or not, Nicholas won't be picked in the second, whether he's worth it or not. If you're trying to make a statement in your mock, fine. Just don't make a statement by screwing with my team's picks.

Wow, do you have a crystal ball that I can borrow? What's tomorrows powerball numbers?

yourfavestoner
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Were the Jags a top ten Pass Defense because of Williams or despite Williams? Again, live in Wisconsin and work in Minnesota. I've seen Brian Williams play a time or two. He's a marginal CB. More suited for the #3 spot at best.

The Steelers were a top ten defense do you see me getting in a tissy when I see someon draft a defensive player? I don't care if it's a DE, CB, or LB is it's a good fit and value I'm all for it. Heck, I have the Steelers taking a RB when they already have a pro bowl RB.

Okay, let's assume the Jaguars were one of the best teams in the league in defending against #1, #2, AND #3 receivers despite Brian Williams. That would lead us to three conclusions:
1. Rashean Mathis is a god and can cover the entire field by himself.
2. Our nickle defenders played extremely well, debunking your theory that we have no CB depth
3. Deon Grant and Donovin Darius made up for a lot of the secondary's mistakes. And if you watched the Jaguars' safeties this year, you'd know that they weren't the strong point of the secondary. Hence, why most people believe they'll draft a safety with their first pick.

Take your pick.

The Unseen
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM

Okay, let's assume the Jaguars were one of the best teams in the league in defending against #1, #2, AND #3 receivers despite Brian Williams. That would lead us to three conclusions:
2. Our nickle defenders played extremely well, debunking your theory that we have no CB depth
3. Deon Grant and Donovin Darius made up for a lot of the secondary's mistakes. And if you watched the Jaguars' safeties this year, you'd know that they weren't the strong point of the secondary. Hence, why most people believe they'll draft a safety with their first pick.

Take your pick.

The Unseen
02-20-2007, 03:47 PM
The Unseen

lol!!! :D

He's being paid approx. 5 million a year

as opposed to other situations where guys get big money but suck

LOL! Fred Smoot only has one INT too. And he's being paid about five million a season too!

Nice job! You read that part! Good to see you at least have a minimal education.

But you missed the second part: but suck. Fred Smoot sucks. Brian Williams does not. That was my point.

Ahmad Carroll the ultimate desparation move? Survey says...you're an idiot!

Yeah, you tell me how Carroll was a great pick-up. I never seen him play. I only live in Wisconsin.... but again maybe tell me about Kyle Brady next...

Let me spell this out for you so your minimal education can catch it.

Ahmad.

Carroll.

Is.

A.

Project.

Player.

On.

The.

Bottom.

Of.

The.

Depth.

Chart.

Signed.

To.

A.

Very.

Small.

Contract.

silky_johnson
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Nice job! You read that part! Good to see you at least have a minimal education.

But you missed the second part: but suck. Fred Smoot sucks. Brian Williams does not. That was my point.

Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Oh, I forgot. The Jags are one of the few teams that don't want their CB's to make interceptions.

Ahmad.

Carroll.

Is.

A.

Project.

Player.

On.

The.

Bottom.

Of.

The.

Depth.

Chart.

Signed.

To.

A.

Very.

Small.

Contract.

You must be blind so maybe you can read this.

THERE IS A REASON WHY THE PACKERS A TEAM THAT ACTUALLY NEEDS CB'S CUT HIM! HE SUCKS. ASK ANY PACKERS FAN. ACTUALLY ASK ANY INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL FAN... SO NONE OF YOUR LITTLE JACKSONVILLE ***** CAT FANS. DO YOU WONDER WHY TEAMS LIKE THE VIKINGS, BENGALS, TEXANS, CARDINALS, GIANTS, TITANS, 49ERS, LIONS, COWBOYS, REDSKINS ECT... DIDN'T SIGN HIM? ALL ARE IN NEED OF A CB AND THEY ALL SAID PASS.

draftguru151
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Why don't you get that the Jags don't use him as a CB? Is it really that hard to comprehend? And since when is the only way to measure how good a CB is INTs? I guess you thought Ty Law was the best in the league last year. The Jags don't need anything more than a blocking TE. They have a first rounder in Lewis and Wrighster played very well last season and I believe got an extension. But I'm sure you know more about the Jags than 3 Jags fan and someone who lives in Florida.

KILLERSANTA
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Good dallas draft

silky_johnson
02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Why don't you get that the Jags don't use him as a CB? Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Yep. They use him as a RB... Dee Dee Dee

draftguru151
02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
You may be the most worthless poster on here since scubba.

rsheliagu
02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Yep. They use him as a RB... Dee Dee Dee

My God you're an idiot...we use him as a SPECIAL TEAMS GUNNER. You know Kassim Osgood, the Pro-Bowl special teamer for the Chargers? Osgood is technically a WR, but he never really gets any playing time at WR; his specialty is covering kicks. Guess what? CARROLL'S IS THE SAME! We DON'T use Ahmad Carroll as a CB; he's a SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER, something he is GOOD at.

rsheliagu
02-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Oh, I forgot. The Jags are one of the few teams that don't want their CB's to make interceptions.

Terence Newman, Marcus Trufant, Dunta Robinson, Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend, Sheldon Brown, and Ellis Hobbs are all good corners, and they all had two or less picks last year. But apparently they all suck :(

SillyRyno
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Worst Mock Ever!

Smooth Criminal
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Not a bad Steelers draft at all.

I'm usually against taking a RB early but if its AP im all for it. Esspecially if Carriker, Okeye, and Moss are off the board.

I love getting Kalil in the 3rd. great pick.

Don't know either of the last two guys but they are atleast positions we need.

bucpimpin
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM
etk

RaiderNation

Jake Grove.

I tried to give the Raiders Drew Stanton but most Raiders fans are in some sort of denial that they aren't in need of a new signal caller. So the best you are going to do if you don't grab one in round one or two is Troy Smith in the 4th. Which is a very good value anyways.

hugegmenfan

5th round - Booker

Giants Dream Draft and Offseason
1. Lawrence Timmons, OLB
2. Eric Weddle, SS
3. Manuel Ramirez, G
4. Lorenzo Booker, HB

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So basically any mock draft that doesn't have the Giants getting Lawrence Timmons, Eric Weddle, Manuel Ramirez, and Lorenzo Booker is a "poor giants mock". Because taking the #2 RB and a guy most have as a top half of the first round pick to replace 385 touches and over 2,100 yards from scrimmage is less important than getting an OLB. Unless Timmons touches the ball over 300 times he's not going to make nearly as much of an impact as Lynch.

But hey, your "dream giants mock" has you getting Lorenzo Booker. A RB that couldn't even carry the load in college so he should be able to over double his touches from last year to make up for Tiki. :roll:

TitanHope

Hall is a much better value.

Acreboy

Thank You!

etk

Bwahahahahaha. It would be pretty hard for the Bucs to beat the Saints twice since they probably won't win more than two games so winning them both against the division champs would be a miracle.

princefielder28

Morency came on the second half of the season and if they need to the Pack can always re-sign Green to one of those one year deals again.

Bucs do not need a QB nor a G. They drafted a G in the 1st last year and Anthony Davis and Dan Buenning will be just fing at LG. We do not need a QB .. Chris Simms will be just fine and we have Gradkowski if he slips up.

We dont need a DB either.. We drafted Zemaitis last year and he is the future DB on this club.. Needs are as follows in order of need.
1) LT
2)WR
3)S
4)K
5)DE

Im_a_Romosexual
02-20-2007, 11:53 PM
JUST LET IT GO! The jags fans say they dont need a corner so they probably don't. They know their team better than you do so you just look like a complete moron.

The Unseen
02-21-2007, 06:15 AM

Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Terence Newman, Marcus Trufant, Dunta Robinson, Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend, Sheldon Brown, and Ellis Hobbs are all good corners, and they all had two or less picks last year. But apparently they all suck :(

Ahmad.

Carroll.

Is.

A.

Project.

Player.

On.

The.

Bottom.

Of.

The.

Depth.

Chart.

Signed.

To.

A.

Very.

Small.

Contract.

You must be blind so maybe you can read this.

THERE IS A REASON WHY THE PACKERS A TEAM THAT ACTUALLY NEEDS CB'S CUT HIM! HE SUCKS. ASK ANY PACKERS FAN. ACTUALLY ASK ANY INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL FAN... SO NONE OF YOUR LITTLE JACKSONVILLE *********** CAT FANS. DO YOU WONDER WHY TEAMS LIKE THE VIKINGS, BENGALS, TEXANS, CARDINALS, GIANTS, TITANS, 49ERS, LIONS, COWBOYS, REDSKINS ECT... DIDN'T SIGN HIM? ALL ARE IN NEED OF A CB AND THEY ALL SAID PASS.

You must be REALLY blind so maybe you can read this.

HE IS A PROJECT PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DEPTH CHART. HE HAS ZERO SHOT OF BECOMING A STARTER. HE IS THE EQUIVALENT OF A PRACTICE SQUAD PLAYER, SIGNED TO A PRACTICE SQUAD-LIKE CONTRACT. YOU ARE WRONG. GIVE IT UP.

morknolle
02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Texans' picks:
1st) Taking Quinn over Peterson is horrible. David Carr hasn't gone anywhere yet and Peterson is the perfect fit for what we need at RB, there is no way they'd take Quinn over Peterson.

2nd) Ryan Harris is a decent prospect, but our 2nd round pick is way too high for him. If he's around in the 3rd then I start looking for him, but not in the 2nd, and I don't think we'll be taking a 1st day OT anyways. We're fine at OT with Spencer and Winston, we need interior linemen. If you rotate the picks properly then Brandon Meriweather will be available for us and he's a far better pick, as is Chris Houston.

3rd) I'd hope we can get a better player for our secondary, but he's not a horrible pick at this point. With Ryan Kalil available I'd much rather take him here, especially if we take Meriweather or Houston in the 2nd round.

4th) Makes little to no sense for us.

5th) Not a bad option for us in the 5th, but I'd hope we get a better RB somewhere in there rather than leaving our RB situation up in the air with more marginal players again.

Ewing
02-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I like Leon Hall but I'd rather grab Jarrett in the first and then get Josh Wilson in the second.

silky_johnson
02-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Ike Taylor got BENCHED for not being able to make the big play and DeShea Townsend is a nickel CB. So you are telling me either that Brian Williams should be benched like Ike Taylor or be a nickel back like DeShea Townsend.

Also, DeShea had two picks two sacks and two forced fumbles and 11 PBU's. And Ike Taylor had two picks and 12 PBU's.

Brian Williams had 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 1 INT, and 10 PBU's.

silky_johnson
02-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Texans' picks:
1st) Taking Quinn over Peterson is horrible. David Carr hasn't gone anywhere yet and Peterson is the perfect fit for what we need at RB, there is no way they'd take Quinn over Peterson.
Domanick Davis has a much better chance of coming back next season over David Carr. When a team allows a guy to seek trade options that basically is a kiss of death. No NFL players has EVER stayed on a team that has allowed them to seek a trade. That is just them saying we are going to cut you so if you can get us a draft pick go ahead and try.

2nd) Ryan Harris is a decent prospect, but our 2nd round pick is way too high for him. If he's around in the 3rd then I start looking for him, but not in the 2nd, and I don't think we'll be taking a 1st day OT anyways. We're fine at OT with Spencer and Winston, we need interior linemen. If you rotate the picks properly then Brandon Meriweather will be available for us and he's a far better pick, as is Chris Houston.

Could the Texans go with Houston or Meriweather sure. But Ryan Harris is a perfect Texans OT. Small and quick. Also, Charles Spencer might not come back from his knee injury... ever. When the Doctors put a plate and eight screws in your knee and your Doctors say there a very good possibility your career is over... you probably shouldn't count on that guy.

3rd) I'd hope we can get a better player for our secondary, but he's not a horrible pick at this point. With Ryan Kalil available I'd much rather take him here, especially if we take Meriweather or Houston in the 2nd round.
Didn't the Texans sign Mike Flanigan to a huge contract?

4th) Makes little to no sense for us.
What you don't think you need a DT? Because you'd be the only Texans fan that believs that!

5th) Not a bad option for us in the 5th, but I'd hope we get a better RB somewhere in there rather than leaving our RB situation up in the air with more marginal players again.

Fits Kubiaks system. Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson...

jackson34
02-21-2007, 11:48 AM
nice browns draft, i could definatley be ok with that

The Unseen
02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Ike Taylor got BENCHED for not being able to make the big play and DeShea Townsend is a nickel CB. So you are telling me either that Brian Williams should be benched like Ike Taylor or be a nickel back like DeShea Townsend.

Also, DeShea had two picks two sacks and two forced fumbles and 11 PBU's. And Ike Taylor had two picks and 12 PBU's.

And Terrence Newman is widely regarded as a great corner, what about him?

I have yet to see you respond to this:

Take your pick.

BigDawg819
02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
WORST MOCK EVER! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

yourfavestoner
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Take your pick.

He won't respond to it. We've already established that he'll pick at a minute point of the argument and will greatly ignore the rest of it.

JT Jag
02-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Oh, I forgot. The Jags are one of the few teams that don't want their CB's to make interceptions.Terence Newman, Marcus Trufant, Dunta Robinson, Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend, Sheldon Brown, and Ellis Hobbs are all good corners, and they all had two or less picks last year. But apparently they all suck :(Ike Taylor got BENCHED for not being able to make the big play and DeShea Townsend is a nickel CB. So you are telling me either that Brian Williams should be benched like Ike Taylor or be a nickel back like DeShea Townsend.

Brian Williams had 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 1 INT, and 10 PBU's.And Terrence Newman is widely regarded as a great corner, what about him?

Take your pick.He won't respond to it. We've already established that he'll pick at a minute point of the argument and will greatly ignore the rest of it.And Brian Williams TOTALLY had a forced fumble.

silky_johnson
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Take your pick.

Terrance Newman was a high draft pick but not regarded as a "great corner". Better than Brian Williams but that isn't saying much.

4- A good defensive team as a whole that due to their #3 running game and time of possession defensive stats were skewed.

ftbl88
02-22-2007, 06:25 PM
The Eagles draft isn't all that good. If I were you, I would change it to a DE like Quentin Mozes for us in the first. Take the WR out! NO WRs for the Eagles on day one, if at all. Weddle is more likely to be our 2nd round pick. In the third, with Leonard still there, the Eagles would pick him, we may even do it in the second. WE don't have a fourth, but if we did Waters could be a possibility or a CB. Waters could be a pick in the 5th as well, but so could a CB or a run-stuffing DT if we don't get one in FA. I substituted guys that you had going after our pick, so all of the names mentioned are possible as substitutes.

yourfavestoner
02-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Take your pick.

Terrance Newman was a high draft pick but not regarded as a "great corner". Better than Brian Williams but that isn't saying much.

4- A good defensive team as a whole that due to their #3 running game and time of possession defensive stats were skewed.

Did you really just say that Newman isn't regarded as a great corner? :roll:

regoob2
02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
not a real great niners draft

The Unseen
02-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Brian Williams = 1 INT

Fred Smoot = 1 INT

Take your pick.

Yep, you've got no point. It feels so good being right, doesn't it YFS?

DeathbyStat
02-23-2007, 08:50 AM
AD to steelers yeah f u cking right. Never happen. Amazing draft fo the steelers but it will never happen