PDA

View Full Version : RB's

Texas Homer
11-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Outside of Mcfadden being the top RB in the draft, how would y'all rank the other RB's coming out or potentially coming out for the draft?

I think mine would be
1) Darren Mcfadden
2) Steve Slaton
3) Jamaal Charles
4) Jonathan Stewart
5) Felix Jones
6) Ray Rice
7) Allen Patrick
8) Mike Hart
9) Ryan Torain
10) Tashard Choice

I know that I'm leaving RB Kevin Smith off the list. I know he's good, but I've never seen him play and don't know much about him. So.. I'm leaving him off the list, not b/c I don't think he's good enough, I'm just not sure where to put him?

toonsterwu
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
If I went 10 deep, as of now, I'd go

1. Darren McFadden - Arguably the only elite talent in the draft.
2. Rashard Mendenhall - 40 times will be critical. Probably needs a mid-4.4 number.
3. Jonathan Stewart - 40 times will be critical. Probably needs a low 4.5 number.
4. Felix Jones - If he comes out, which I don't think he should and as of now, don't expect, he'll draw a lot of intrigue.
5. Steve Slaton - I'm not big on him ... doesn't mean he doesn't hold intrigue for a lot of folks.
5. Ray Rice - 40 times will be key.
7. Kevin Smith - I'd put him higher on a personal board.
8. Chris Johnson - Coming into his own ... but is he an everydown back?
9. Jamaal Charles - Stock is rising and could go higher.
10. James Davis -Tough back with some pop to guy with size.

Granted, 9 juniors in the list, and a few are going to stay back. If I added an 11th and 12th, it'd likely be Mike Hart and Tashard Choice in some order.

PACKmanN
11-25-2007, 01:45 PM
why do you guys not have Jonathan Stewart as the 2nd back? is he falling for some reason?

bearsfan_51
11-25-2007, 02:03 PM
why do you guys not have Jonathan Stewart as the 2nd back? is he falling for some reason?

I think it's between Mendenhall and Stewart (assuming both come out) and really depends on what the specific teams are looking for.

SuperKevin
11-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Well he has major injury concerns and isn't the explosive athlete that Adrian Peterson was last year.

HoopsDemon12
11-25-2007, 02:17 PM

Its not so much that he is falling.. its just Rashard is rising FAST on boards because he has proven he is one hell of a back

P-L
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
My current top ten would look like...

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas
2. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
4. Felix Jones, Arkansas
5. James Davis, Clemson
6. Steve Slaton, West Virginia
7. Kevin Smith, Central Florida
8. Mike Hart, Michigan
9. Ray Rice, Rutgers
10. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech

HoopsDemon12
11-25-2007, 02:56 PM

4. Felix Jones, Arkansas
5. James Davis, Clemson
8. Mike Hart, Michigan
9. Ray Rice, Rutgers

Thats basically how i would put it aswell... all those backs are extremly good and htere is a nice mix.. There are athletes that are great prospects.. then there is great players who wont be necessarily the best prospects ever.. but give you the same effort week in and week out and have produced consitently

Travis 24
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Jonathan Stewart
3. Ray Rice
4. Steve Slaton
5. Rashard Mendenhall
6. Felix Jones
7. Tashard Choice
8. Mike Hart
9. Kevin Smith
10. Cory Boyd

FinNasty
11-25-2007, 03:48 PM

4. Felix Jones, Arkansas
5. James Davis, Clemson
8. Mike Hart, Michigan
9. Ray Rice, Rutgers

From an outsiders perspective, I would put Smith above Slaton and Davis. I would put him above Jones too b/c I have a lot of questions about Jones....

BufFan71
11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Outside of Mcfadden being the top RB in the draft, how would y'all rank the other RB's coming out or potentially coming out for the draft?

I think mine would be
1) Darren Mcfadden
2) Steve Slaton
3) Jamaal Charles
4) Jonathan Stewart
5) Felix Jones
6) Ray Rice
7) Allen Patrick
8) Mike Hart
9) Ryan Torain
10) Tashard Choice

I know that I'm leaving RB Kevin Smith off the list. I know he's good, but I've never seen him play and don't know much about him. So.. I'm leaving him off the list, not b/c I don't think he's good enough, I'm just not sure where to put him?

ive been to all the home games for UCF
Smith is good
2,100yds and 25tds in one season
he doesnt play against Top talent, and doesnt have elite speed
but he has great vision, footwork, and strength

Paranoidmoonduck
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Just a personal list.

1. Darren McFadden
2. Rashard Mendenhall
3. Felix Jones
4. Jonathan Stewart
5. Ray Rice
6. Kevin Smith
7. Steve Slaton
8. Mike Hart
9. James Davis
10. Tashard Choice

Just missing the cut: Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles

ATLDirtyBirds
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I haven't seen alot of Mendenhall. Who does he compare to?

Gatz
11-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Darren McFadden- head and shoulders above everybody else

2nd group- Jones, Mendenhall, Stewart
3rd group- Smith, Rice, Davis
4th group-Hart, Slaton, Charles

superfly69
11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I hear some people like Matt Forte from Tulane as a fullback. I haven't seen him play at all this year, but his numbers are off the chart. Why isn't he getting more hype?

SuperKevin
11-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I hear some people like Matt Forte from Tulane as a fullback. I haven't seen him play at all this year, but his numbers are off the chart. Why isn't he getting more hype?

He's pretty slow for a RB

Staubach12
11-25-2007, 09:31 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Jonathan Stewart
3. Steve Slaton
4. Felix Jones
5. Rashard Mendenhall
6. Ray Rice
7. Mike Hart
8. Kevin Smith
9. Tashard Choice
10. Dantrell Savage

Geo
11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I haven't seen alot of Mendenhall. Who does he compare to?
Hmm, an ideal Travis Henry, perhaps? A little bigger and slightly quicker, but that was a comparison that flashed in mind earlier in the season, with his blend of size, speed, and power.

I love the guy, really I'm big on a lot of the junior backs. I'd dance on my head if one of them landed to the Colts, although I doubt that would likely happen.

As for a personal top ten ...

2. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
3. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
4. James Davis, Clemson
5. Kevin Smith, Central Florida
6. Ray Rice, Rutgers
7. Steve Slaton, West Virginia
8. Felix Jones, Arkansas

is as far I can really go, then things tend to get really muddled with other juniors (Jamaal Charles) and some seniors (Tashard Choice, Justin Forsett).

Scotty D
11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Solid group of running backs. Very nice class. Mendenhall is my personal favorite. I just love his size and running style.

keylime_5
11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
1-McFadden
2-Stewart
3-Mendenhall
4-Jones
5-Slaton

Slaton benefits a lot from WVU's gimmick spread option offense where all eyes are on the QB. He won't be as good as Reggie Bush in the NFL, who is a good player but not a superstar awesome player. Mendenhall is gonna be a beast, but I think Stewart will get hurt too much in the pros.

SuperKevin
11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
It sucks to be the Chargers right now knowing that the trade value of Michael Turner is as low as it will get with this awesome class coming out

Geo
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Michael Turner is an unrestricted free agent ...

Primetime21
11-25-2007, 10:26 PM
1-McFadden
2-Stewart
3-Mendenhall
4-Jones
5-Slaton

Slaton benefits a lot from WVU's gimmick spread option offense where all eyes are on the QB. He won't be as good as Reggie Bush in the NFL, who is a good player but not a superstar awesome player. Mendenhall is gonna be a beast, but I think Stewart will get hurt too much in the pros.

If you say Slaton benifits from scheme (which he does) then you have to say the same about Stewart.

SuperKevin
11-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Michael Turner is an unrestricted free agent ...

Yeah but i'm hearing he's going to be franchised again

Geo
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
He wasn't franchise tagged after 2006, he was a restricted free agent and the Chargers used the highest level tender (requiring 1st and 3rd round picks in compensation should he sign an offer elsewhere). Standard practice for a desirable player. Chargers' general manager AJ Smith wouldn't come down in demands in trade talks, and never got a deal done unsurprisingly.

As for being franchise tagged this year, I'll be surprised. That's a heck of a lot of money to use on a back-up, with no guarantee of finding a trade partner (see the runningback prospects mentioned). Maybe AJ Smith does it, who knows. I still don't think a team will offer more than a 2nd round pick for Turner.

draftguru151
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
1. Darren McFadden Arkansas
2. Jonathan Stewart Oregon
3. Rashard Mendenhall Illinois
4. Kevin Smith UCF
5. James Davis Clemson
6. Felix Jones Arkansas
7. Steve Slaton West Virginia
8. Cory Boyd South Carolina
9. Tashard Choice Georgia Tech
10. Mike Hart Michigan