PDA

View Full Version : Jakey's Mockery

Jakey
11-25-2007, 05:33 PM
You guys mocks gave me some inspiration...so i thought i'd do my own. Here goes:

1) CHRIS WILLIAMS - OT, Vanderbilt, 6-6", 315, 5.20

2) DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE - CB, Tennessee St, 6-2", 182, 4.35

3) JACOB TAMME - WR/TE, Kentucky, 6-5", 240, 4.55

4) KENDALL LANGFORD - DE, Hampton, 6-6", 295, 4.97

5) BEN MOFFITT - ILB, South Florida, 6-2", 240, 4.65

6) RUDOLPH HARDIE - OLB, Howard, 6-2", 270, 4.70

UDFA: JOE FIELDS - S, Syracuse, 6-1", 210, 4.50 (A personal favourite of mine - i wouldnt mind getting him in the 6th)

2008 Depth Chart:

QB: Ben Rothlisberger/Charlie Batch
FB: Carey Davis/Dan Kreider
RB: Willie Parker/Najeh Davenport

WR1: Hines Ward/Nate Washington
WR2: Santonio Holmes/Ced Wilson
WR3: Jacob Tamme/Willie Reid
TE1: Heath Miller
TE2: Matt Spaeth

LT: Marvel Smith/Chris Williams
LG: Kendall Simmons/Chris Kemoeatu
C: Sean Mahan/Darnell Stapleton
RG: Willie Colon/Chris Kemoeatu
RT: Chris Williams/Willie Colon

DE: Brett Keisel/Steely McBean
NT: Casey Hampton/Chris Hoke
DE: Aaron Smith/Kendall Langford

OLB: James Harrison/Arnold Harrison
ILB: Larry Foote/Lawrence Timmons
ILB: James Farrior/Ben Moffitt
OLB: Lamarr Woodley/Rudolph Hardie

CB: Ike Taylor/Bryant McFadden/William ***
CB: Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie/Deshea Townsend/William ***

FS: Anthony Smith/Joe Fields
SS: Troy Polamalu/Tyrone Carter

Hines
11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
i really like this draft...i dont know nothing about tamme, but i saw him play yesterday andi was impressed. expecially when he fought and ripped that ball away from eric berry

i am really impressed with this mock and would love for this to happen

TerribleEd
11-25-2007, 05:42 PM
We are on the same page with respect to our positional choices for the first 3 rounds, but chose different players.

I really like your first 2 choices, but I am unsure about the WR/TE hybrid in the third. I don't know too much about the Kentucky wideout, but his size makes me think he is almost more of a TE than WR, and of course we are already stacked at that position.

I dig the Kendall Langford pick in Rd 4, but question whether he'll be there.

I would have liked to see a second O-lineman sometime on day 2.

All in all, it's solid.

Jakey
11-25-2007, 05:46 PM
We are on the same page with respect to our positional choices for the first 3 rounds, but chose different players.

I really like your first 2 choices, but I am unsure about the WR/TE hybrid in the third. I don't know too much about the Kentucky wideout, but his size makes me think he is almost more of a TE than WR, and of course we are already stacked at that position.

I dig the Kendall Langford pick in Rd 4, but question whether he'll be there.

I would have liked to see a second O-lineman sometime on day 2.

All in all, it's solid.

Tamme does play TE for Kentucky...but i think Arians would probably use him more as a 3rd wideout, kinda like Winslow or Dallas Clark...and seems Tuman is as good as done, we could do with a 3rd TE.

Mr. Stiller
11-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Tamme does play TE for Kentucky...but i think Arians would probably use him more as a 3rd wideout, kinda like Winslow or Dallas Clark...and seems Tuman is as good as done, we could do with a 3rd TE.

Tamme could be a #2/#3 WR. He's about 6'3-6'4 220-230 and runs in the mid to low 4.5's.

He doesn't offer much as a blocker inline at TE, but at WR his blocking would be more than exceptional and he's got solid hands.

If we were to do this I'd probably prefer Travis Beckum. Basically in the Shannon Sharpe mold per-se. Not really a TE but not really a WR. In our system I think Tamme/Beckum would be exceptional possession WR's because of their size. They've both had limited success as blockers in College, but it will be more than sufficient on the outside at WR in the pro's.

steelernation77
11-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Cromartie eh? I seem to remember a sleeper cornerback highly hyped coming out of a small school taken by the steelers in the second round a couple years ago...

Ricardo Colclough ring a bell?

I'm just kidding, I know Ike was from a small school too. However, I'd rather take a more polished CB that could contribute sooner.