PDA

View Full Version : Keylime_5 Mock Draft

keylime_5
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
I usually don't post these on the internet until March or April, but I had time to kill, so here's a neat little first round mock:

1-MIAMI-Chris Long-DE/Virginia
2-NY JETS-Darren McFadden-RB/Arkansas
3-ST LOUIS-Glenn Dorsey-DT/LSU
4-OAKLAND-Jake Long-LT/Michigan
5-NEW ENGLAND(f/SF)-Malcolm Jenkins-CB/theOhio State
6-ATLANTA-Brian Brohm-QB/Louisville
7-BALTIMORE-Andre Woodson-QB/Kentucky
8-KANSAS CITY-Sedrick Ellis-DT/USC
9-CAROLINA-Matt Ryan-QB/Boston College
10-CINCINNATI-Kenny Phillips-SS/Miami
11-HOUSTON-Ryan Clady-LT/Boise State
12-NEW ORLEANS-James Laurinaitis-MLB/theOhio State
13-PHILADELPHIA-Calais Campbell-DE/Miami
14-CHICAGO-Jonathan Stewart-RB/Oregon
15-MINNESOTA-Desean Jackson-WR/California
16-BUFFALO-Aqib Talib-CB/Kansas
17-ARIZONA-Vernon Gholston-DE/theOhio State
18-WASHINGTON-Derrick Harvey-DE/Florida
19-DENVER-Dan Connor-MLB/Penn State
20-TENNESSEE-James Hardy-WR/Indiana
21-DETROIT-Sam Baker-LT/USC
22-SAN DIEGO-Jeff Otah-RT/Pittsburgh
23-SEATTLE-Rashard Mendenhall-RB/Illinois
24-DALLAS(f/CLE)-Reggie Smith-FS/Oklahoma
25-TAMPA BAY-Malcolm Kelly-WR/Oklahoma
26-NY GIANTS-Ali Highsmith-WLB/LSU
27-JACKSONVILLE-Mario Manningham-WR/Michigan
28-PITTSBURGH-Gosder Cherilus-RT/Boston College
29-SAN FRANCISCO(f/IND)-Limas Sweed-WR/Texas
30-DALLAS-Felix Jones-RB/Arkansas
31-GREEN BAY-Steve Slaton-RB/West Virginia
32-NEW ENGLAND-pick forfeited for being dirty cheaters

Scotty D
11-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Nice Lions pick Keylime.

bored of education
11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Sedrick Ellis for KC at that spot is not a need, no offense(lol). Alfonso Boone, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, Ron Edwards have done well flanking the DT positions. Most are under the age of 29 and needs some developing. So at this point the lack of offensive line that the Chiefs have I'd much rather have Ryan Clady or Loadholt if he declares.

T-RICH49
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Sedrick Ellis for KC at that spot is not a need, no offense(lol). Alfonso Boone, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, Ron Edwards have done well flanking the DT positions. Most are under the age of 29 and needs some developing. So at this point the lack of offensive line that the Chiefs have I'd much rather have Ryan Clady or Loadholt if he declares.

ditto on that

damasta13
11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
In respect to the GB pick, I think the general consensus around us pack fans is that we think they pick a CB in the first round, or if that pick lacks value, then an OLB. RB isn't a major need at the moment with the emergence of ryan grant, and also the fact that we have morency and wynn who were both looking solid before injuries.
That having been said i think Jack Ikegwuono (spelling?) will be the pick for the pack at this moment in time. My opinion will probably change when we get closer to the draft, but he is a perfect fit for the packers who love to play bump n run!

Jakey
11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
You got the position right for the Steelers...but i would prefer to get Chris Williams. Good job on the whole tho'

Crow
11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Much rather have Ellis for Oakland. Long is a suspect fit for a ZBS, and DT is by far the greater need.

yo123
11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I dont like the Vikings pick. I think Jackson is overrated and RT is a much much bigger need.

keylime_5
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Was kinda fuzzy on KC, SD, and Oakland's needs. I mean, I know what they need but to what extend they need each position I'm a little fuzzy on and I think a lot of people are and will be until the draft gets real close. But Ellis would be a good impact D-Lineman for KC's scheme to go with Hali and Allen, BPA pick there, Clady seems like a reach in the top 8.

fischbowl
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Kelly would be preferred for Buffalo.

Bills2083
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Kelly would be a better pick for Buffalo

Billingsley26
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
I actually dont mind Aqib Talib. That would be the only non-wr pick I would make at this spot.

Wyndham
11-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Was kinda fuzzy on KC, SD, and Oakland's needs. I mean, I know what they need but to what extend they need each position I'm a little fuzzy on and I think a lot of people are and will be until the draft gets real close. But Ellis would be a good impact D-Lineman for KC's scheme to go with Hali and Allen, BPA pick there, Clady seems like a reach in the top 8.

The Chiefs will take the best player available. All due respect to b.o.e. and T-Rich but the Chiefs would take Sedrick Ellis in that spot, imo. They won't reach for a 'need', i.e. OT (which assumes they don't have an available tackle rated that high).

That's a fine pick and the one I have the Chiefs making in my latest attempt.

A Perfect Score
11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
ugh...please, no more andre woodson to the ravens. i cant stand it anymore. If you people insist on giving us a QB (which will happen, although i hate it) please give us ryan. Ive said it before, Brian Billicks complete inability to develop a QB (see Boller, Kyle) means that woodson is not an option. The more pro-ready Ryan is teh guy for us.

Yung Flippa
11-26-2007, 07:54 PM
GOOD Ravens pick

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
GOOD Ravens pick

Agreed. Great Raven pick!

keylime_5
11-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I can't believe BmoreBlackByrdz thinks that was a good Ravens pick considering what his sig is :P :).

wiscbadgerfootball
11-26-2007, 09:28 PM
give us a corner

by us I mean Packers

bored of education
11-26-2007, 09:36 PM
The Chiefs will take the best player available. All due respect to b.o.e. and T-Rich but the Chiefs would take Sedrick Ellis in that spot, imo. They won't reach for a 'need', i.e. OT (which assumes they don't have an available tackle rated that high).

That's a fine pick and the one I have the Chiefs making in my latest attempt.

I don't think Clady is a reach at all, he is a future LT. A need that has great value.

Crow
11-27-2007, 01:59 PM
KC just drafted a pair of DTs last April. It'd be a surprise to see them go there again.

Oakland.s needs, right now, are D-line, then everything else. It's not even close. If Ellis is there, I'd be stunned if we passed on him.

Finsfan79
11-28-2007, 07:44 AM
1-MIAMI-Chris Long-DE/Virginia
2-NY JETS-Darren McFadden-RB/Arkansas
3-ST LOUIS-Glenn Dorsey-DT/LSU

Either Dorsey or mcfadden to Miami please

BucSappy
11-28-2007, 08:00 AM
I love that you have Chris Long #1 overall...a lot of creativity and it is bold. Me likes.

asmitty45
11-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Love the Lions Pick