PDA

View Full Version : The Coaching Changes thread

Pages : [1] 2

SuperKevin
11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Post all coaching changes here:

Arkansas - Houston Nutt resigns. Hired Bobby Petrino

Baylor - Guy Morris fired. Hired Art Briles.

Colorado State - Negotiating buyout with Sonny Lubick. Hired Steve Fairchild

Duke - Ted Roof fired. Hires David Cutcliffe

Georgia Tech - Chan Gailey fired. Hired Paul Johnson

Houston - Art Briles resigns. Hired Kevin Sumlin.

Michigan - Lloyd Carr resigns. Hired Rich Rodriguez.

Navy - Paul Johnson resigns. Ken Niumatalolo hired.

Nebraska - Bill Callahan resigns. Hired Bo Pelini

Northern Illinois - Joe Novak retired. Jerry Kill hired.

Ole Miss - Ed Orgeron fired. Hired Houston Nutt

Southern Mississippi - Jeff Bower resigns. Larry Fedora hired.

Texas A&M - Dennis Franchione resigns. Hired Mike Sherman

UCLA - Karl Dorrell fired. Hired Rick Neuheisel.

Washington State - Bill Doba resigns. Paul Wulff hired.

West Virginia - Rich Rodriguez resigns.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Baylors head coach and Ole Miss' head coach also got the AX.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
So did Houston Nutt and the rumor is Nutt will be going to Baylor or SMU. Oh yea you can add SMU to that list too.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Damn Jeff Bower is out at Southern Miss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3128077

Shane P. Hallam
11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Chan Gailey is out? Man, we were looking at him for the Steelers gig. Where do you think he will get picked up?

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Chan Gailey is out? Man, we were looking at him for the Steelers gig. Where do you think he will get picked up?

I can picture him going to Duke.

georgiafan
11-26-2007, 11:39 AM

I'm hearing Baylor

The rumored name for GT is Paul Johnson

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm hearing Baylor

The rumored name for GT is Paul Johnson

I heard Houston Nutt is going to Baylor. If Georgia Tech started running the triple option I would be pissed.

SubNoize
11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Sherman to A&M official... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127846

bearsfan_51
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Not too suprising that Gailey got fired, six years without beating your biggest rival (Georgia) will do that.

Houston Nutt should not have been fired though (though I've yet to see this confirmed). I'm one of the guys biggest fans. Hell he was SEC coach of the year last year.

Geo
11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Sherman to A&M official... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127846
Good hire by A&M, plus it makes the Texans weaker which is a bonus.

georgiafan
11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Anyone else heard the Mike Leach to Ole Miss rumors ?

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Anyone else heard the Mike Leach to Ole Miss rumors ?

God I hope not. He would be dumb to leave Texas Tech they definitely have way more talent then Ole Miss, and with the people he has on his team and the kids coming in they will be a competitive team in the Big 12. OIle Miss with a new coach could take years to help that program.

dabears10
11-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Anyone else think Paul Johnson at Nebraska makes sense?

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Anyone else think Paul Johnson at Nebraska makes sense?

It looks like the Nebraska job is Bo Pelinis if he wants it.

georgiafan
11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I heard on ESPN radio a news conference for Ark. today

I think Paul Johnson to Neb. makes sense I would like them to run the option agian.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I heard on ESPN radio a news conference for Ark. today

I think Paul Johnson to Neb. makes sense I would like them to run the option agian.

I dont think Nebraska wants to go that route. I do think Paul Johnson will be leaving but I think he will land in SMU.

georgiafan
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Looks like Nutt is out of Ark.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Looks like Nutt is out of Ark.

Yup here is the link, and like I mentioned earlier rumors have him going to Baylor and possibly SMU if Johnson dont take the job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3128404

yo123
11-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow, Arkansas is going to be sorry they let him go. Talk about a rash decision. Like bf51 said, he was the coach of the year last year, firing him after one mediocre season is terrible.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow, Arkansas is going to be sorry they let him go. Talk about a rash decision. Like bf51 said, he was the coach of the year last year, firing him after one mediocre season is terrible.

Hes a combined 73-48 at Arkansas. Thats not good at all. He was the SEC Coach of the year. Not the National Coach of the Year. And even so last year he lost to all the big teams he played:LSU, USC, Wisconsin, and Florida. He will get another job, but its obvious Arkansas just wanted to go in a different direction.

ironman4579
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
I've actually heard Turner Gill to Nebraska is a real possibility.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
I've actually heard Turner Gill to Nebraska is a real possibility.

Thats their second choice behind Pelini.

WildDude
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Hes a combined 73-48 at Arkansas. Thats not good at all. He was the SEC Coach of the year. Not the National Coach of the Year. And even so last year he lost to all the big teams he played:LSU, USC, Wisconsin, and Florida. He will get another job, but its obvious Arkansas just wanted to go in a different direction.

well not being able to keep top players such as Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams in the program or in the state of arkansas had to be a factor. He won with mitch but still didnt start him thats just bad coaching he deserved it IMO hes a terrible coach... he dosent cooperate with anyone,

another note: Turner Gill is def a candiate for that Nebraska coach

georgiafan
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I think Nutt got fired more for the off the field stuff that his record. Next year without Mcfadden wasn't going to be a lot better. I wonder if Felix Jones will go pro now ?

P-L
11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Pelini will hold out for a bit to see what happens with Les Miles. If Miles bolts for Michigan, then Pelini will likely get the LSU job. Despite all the talk about Kirk Ferentz, an LSU student has posted rumors on some message boards that Miles has an interview set up with Michigan next week. I hope a legit source comes out with some info in the next few days.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I think Nutt got fired more for the off the field stuff that his record. Next year without Mcfadden wasn't going to be a lot better. I wonder if Felix Jones will go pro now ?

I think Felix Jones stays.

cardsalltheway
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iqjHRiz-SKu2awy6mOWeG4mUn58gD8T5E6D00

Not really a coaching change, but IU took the interim title off of Bill Lynch and inked him for four years. I don't know what to think of the decision, he isn't a big name or proven coach by any means and he's not Terry Hoeppner, but I think he did a great job with the guys this year and the staff has done a pretty good job at developing the talent they have. I've changed my mind about Bill based on the faith that all the guys on team see to have in him, I think he can get the job done.

eazyb81
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Dude, it's Arkansas, not USC. Do they really expect to play with the big boys year in and year out? Firing a coach after a potential 9-win season sends a poor message to coaches. In addition, with all the drama from last season, who would want to go there and deal with those wacko fans?

Horrible move, IMO.

iowatreat54
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM

well it doesn't seem like Nutt got fired considering he was apparently offered a 2-year extension after the win over LSU and decided to step down rather than remain at Arkansas...I don't really understand why he would leave Arkansas, especially to go to Baylor or SMU

bearsfan_51
11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I think Felix Jones stays.
Some of it likely depends on who is hired, but if I were him I'd bolt. Runningback is a position where your times are more important than your college production (not to say Jones hasn't been productive in college). Ronnie Brown and Cadillac were both top 5 picks despite never being featured backs.

bwillie26
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I think Pelini will hold out for a bit to see what happens with Les Miles. If Miles bolts for Michigan, then Pelini will likely get the LSU job. Despite all the talk about Kirk Ferentz, an LSU student has posted rumors on some message boards that Miles has an interview set up with Michigan next week. I hope a legit source comes out with some info in the next few days.

Pelini will be Nebraska's coach in the next few days.

As I said before, Pelini's wife HATES Baton Rouge, and I do mean HATE. She has wanted out of there for a while, and Pelini seems happy to oblige.

By Thursday it should be announced that Pelini is headed back to Lincoln.

D-Fence
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Houston Nutt got a TON of unfair criticism at Arkansas. Don't blame him for turning down the 2-year extension and walking away. Obviously Baylor, SMU and Ole Miss are steps down from Arkansas, but Nutt seems to just need some time outside of the pressure cooker. I'd guess Baylor at this point.

Not sure what to think of A&M hiring Mike Sherman...Early word is he'll take John Holland to College Station with him and find a spot on the staff for Dat Nguyen, and those would both be good additions...I just get the feeling Sherman is too far removed from the college game. Seems like they rushed to judgment because they didn't want to wait for Chris Peterson, Brian Kelly, Tommy Tuberville, etc to finish up with their seasons, or see what else unfolded around the country. Not sure why, because it wasn't like Sherman was in high demand...

I'd bet Pelini ends up at Nebraska...

Mike Leach's name is being thrown around alot. I've heard him rumored with Ole Miss, Arkansas, UCLA...I don't understand why he seems to be in such high demand, but what do I know?

soybean
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
this isn't as big a deal as the rest but Wazzu Coach Bill Doba was fired today.

also, it was obvious houston nutt was gonna be asked to resign because of all the unrest he caused with the players and apparently lying to the parents about what kind of offense he was going to run.

I know he beat LSU, but it's going to be hard to find another mcfadden.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Mike Leach's name is being thrown around alot. I've heard him rumored with Ole Miss, Arkansas, UCLA...I don't understand why he seems to be in such high demand, but what do I know?

Well if you remember Leach's name was going around also last year when the Miami job opened. I personally think Leach is a great coach, but I dont think he will ever leave Texas Tech.

LonghornsLegend
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I hope Baylor doesnt get Houston Nutt, he is a great coach and will turn that team around in some years...wouldnt want to face them year in and out

eazyb81
11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Well if you remember Leach's name was going around also last year when the Miami job opened. I personally think Leach is a great coach, but I dont think he will ever leave Texas Tech.

Have you ever been to west Texas? There is NOTHING out there. I'm sure Leach would jump if the right opportunity came along. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the Ole Miss job if he's offered. Oxford is 10x better than Lubbock.

eazyb81
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
I hope Baylor doesnt get Houston Nutt, he is a great coach and will turn that team around in some years...wouldnt want to face them year in and out

I agree - the South would reload quite well with Nutt at Baylor and Sherman and A&M.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Have you ever been to west Texas? There is NOTHING out there. I'm sure Leach would jump if the right opportunity came along. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the Ole Miss job if he's offered. Oxford is 10x better than Lubbock.

Do you think he is worried about the location? Look at the players that come out of Texas, and look at the players that come out of Mississippi. For his system its a no brainer for him to stay in Texas Tech.I could see him leaving for UCLA, but not Ole Miss. But why would he do that now with a great team returning next season and in my opinion a real shot to compete for the Big 12 title. Crabtree and Harrell will both have a career year next year.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Dude, it's Arkansas, not USC. Do they really expect to play with the big boys year in and year out? Firing a coach after a potential 9-win season sends a poor message to coaches. In addition, with all the drama from last season, who would want to go there and deal with those wacko fans?

Horrible move, IMO.

They have 8 wins this year, and 4 of them include: Troy, Chattanooga, North Texas, Flordia International.... Come On. Troy is a half descent team, but they are still in the Sun Belt. I just think it was time for Arkansas to make a move, but Nutt should have no problem finding another job.

eazyb81
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Do you think he is worried about the location? Look at the players that come out of Texas, and look at the players that come out of Mississippi. For his system its a no brainer for him to stay in Texas Tech.I could see him leaving for UCLA, but not Ole Miss. But why would he do that now with a great team returning next season and in my opinion a real shot to compete for the Big 12 title. Crabtree and Harrell will both have a career year next year.

I'm sure he cares about location - wouldn't you care where you live? It's not just about players, because even with the guys coming back next year he's not winning the South, let alone fighting for a NC.

We'll see, but I get the feeling that he would like to move on. He can recreate his offense within 2 years at a new school and would be in a better location that is more diehard about football.

RyanLeaf#1
11-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm sure he cares about location - wouldn't you care where you live? It's not just about players, because even with the guys coming back next year he's not winning the South, let alone fighting for a NC.

We'll see, but I get the feeling that he would like to move on. He can recreate his offense within 2 years at a new school and would be in a better location that is more diehard about football.

So Texas isn't diehard about football?

eazyb81
11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
So Texas isn't diehard about football?

Texas Tech sure as hell isn't. I'm telling you, west Texas is a wasteland. I think they have reached their ceiling as a program.

bored of education
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Interested in where Brian Kelly will end up

Brent
11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Texas A&M - Former Green Bay Packers coach expected to sign
Lame... I can't believe we hired him.

RyanLeaf#1
11-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Texas Tech sure as hell isn't. I'm telling you, west Texas is a wasteland. I think they have reached their ceiling as a program.

They might be a wasteland, but I have never been their myself so I really cant say anything about what the land looks like . Texas Tech beat Oklahoma 2 weeks ago. I dont know how you could say Texas Tech isnt a football school. They have been to 7 straight bowl games, and that isnt including the one they will be going to this year.

draftguru151
11-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Nutt to Ole Miss.

NYGibril28
11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Nutt to Ole Miss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559

RyanLeaf#1
11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559

That was quick. Im curious to see what the recruits will do.

D-Fence
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Texas Tech sure as hell isn't. I'm telling you, west Texas is a wasteland. I think they have reached their ceiling as a program.:confused:

West Texas isn't a football area?

Anyways, I think Leach could be a good coach, but he's absolutely terrible defensively. He is going to need a very quality defensive coordinator, like the one at UCLA, in order to be successful.

His offense is explosive, but when they run into really good teams, they can't win games. He's got to realize that he cannot win on a big stage without incorporating a ground game. Until then, he's not winning anything, and his stubborn nature knocks him down a notch in my eyes...

Don Vito
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Nutt to Ole Miss.

I'm pumped about this, hopefully we don't lose Bud Barksdale or any other recruits.

RyanLeaf#1
11-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Joe Novak of Northern Illinois can be added to this list. Novak, who won more games than any Northern Illinois coach in modern history, announced his retirement after 12 seasons.

eazyb81
11-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone else hearing Arkansas is in talks with Jimmy Johnson?

Would be a great PR move, but I'm not sure if JJ will be successful after being out of the college game for so long.

SubNoize
11-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Anyone else hearing Arkansas is in talks with Jimmy Johnson?

Would be a great PR move, but I'm not sure if JJ will be successful after being out of the college game for so long.

No but I heard Schad on ESPN talk about the possibility of Lane Kiffin leaving the Raiders to go to Arkansas, which would be dreadful for Oakland if he burned them for greener pastures in Fayetville.

B-Dawk
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I can't see Jimmy Johnson ever coaching again

bearsfan_51
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
No but I heard Schad on ESPN talk about the possibility of Lane Kiffin leaving the Raiders to go to Arkansas, which would be dreadful for Oakland if he burned them for greener pastures in Fayetville.
Talk about the ultimate slap in the face, though not suprising.

Sadly, mediocre college football jobs have become more appealing than being head coach of the Raiders.

I like the Ole Miss hire btw, but I don't think Nutt will have much success there. Ole Miss simply has far too much competition in recruiting between LSU, Alabama, and Auburn. Not to mention their in-state rivals and all of the other regional schools.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2007, 02:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3129416&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Good article by Pat Forde about all of the changes in the coaching landscape.

Geo
11-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Anyone else hearing Arkansas is in talks with Jimmy Johnson? Would be a great PR move, but I'm not sure if JJ will be successful after being out of the college game for so long.
That would be awesome if it happened.

I'm a fan of the Nutt(y) hire by Ole Miss too. He'll make them a better team, as Mike Sherman will make A&M a better team. Both schools did well in the last few days.

SubNoize
11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Talk about the ultimate slap in the face, though not suprising.

Sadly, mediocre college football jobs have become more appealing than being head coach of the Raiders.

Why wouldn't they be more appealing? You make just about the same amount of money and don't have an 80 year old meddling in all of your personnel decisons.

Windy
11-27-2007, 03:32 PM
ESPN reported that "sources" close to Mike Leach said he would want the UCLA job if Karl Dorrell gets fired.

bwillie26
11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
TO had a team meeting just a little while ago and told the players he would announce their coach sometime this weekend. I'm guessing Bo wants to coach the SEC Championship, then have it announced on Sunday or Monday.

adschofield
11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Bill Doba is out as the coach of Washington St.

soybean
11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm hearing a rumor that chow to UCLA. anyone else here that? that might interfere with USC recruiting barkley.

diabsoule
11-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Where are all of these rumors coming from?

adschofield
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Houston coach Art Briles is taking over at Baylor per ESPN

P-L
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I think Fred Jackson (Michigan's assistant head coach and RB's coach) is going to get the Duke job. I know he wants a Head Coach job, but if I were him I'd rather wait a year and take a job as an assistant in the NFL before I took the Duke job.

diabsoule
11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Houston's coach took the Baylor job.

In other news Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville signed an extension.

NIN1984
11-28-2007, 07:37 PM
When asked about media reports he's a candidate to fill the Arkansas head coaching vacancy, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin reposnded "Huh?"
"That's news to me," Kiffin added.

If Kiffin was to leave Oakland they would be so screwed

Brent
11-29-2007, 07:40 AM
as Mike Sherman will make A&M a better team.
That's not hard all you have to do is call passing plays, look at our game against UT. Mike Sherman, I think, is a bad hire. Hell, we didn't even interview anyone else! Supposedly, they called Sherman that night after we beat UT and offered him the job. It's ridiculous. I was hoping that we would at the very least interview more than one guy. I guess it is just more of that "good ole boy" crap. Don't hire someone new but instead bring in someone that is known to a few who have been here a long time and continue to enjoy mediocrity.

I was hoping for Tuberville but when I heard that Southern Miss fired their coach I thought that he would have also been a good choice. I just wish they would have looked into more candidates.

KCJ58
11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
edit didnt see adschofield post

D-Unit
11-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Washington's new coach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYq4maj7lc

bwillie26
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Ah s***, I'm gonna be sick.

SuperKevin
11-29-2007, 07:02 PM
You heard it here first. If Kirk Ferentz leaves Iowa, Iowa will take Chuck Long away from San Diego State to be their next head coach. He's a former Iowa QB with head coaching experience known to prefer a power running game. Sounds like a good fit

SuperKevin
11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Houston's coach took the Baylor job.

In other news Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville signed an extension.

Kind of shocking to see Art Briles bail on Houston after finally getting them to respectability. He must have seriously dreaded life without Anthony Aldridge and James Avery

RyanLeaf#1
11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
You heard it here first. If Kirk Ferentz leaves Iowa, Iowa will take Chuck Long away from San Diego State to be their next head coach. He's a former Iowa QB with head coaching experience known to prefer a power running game. Sounds like a good fit

What exactly has Chuck Long done to deserve a Big 10 job? He is 3-9 and 4-7 in his 2 seasons there.

D-Unit
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Who ever takes Boise St's coach, Chris Peterson is the smartest school in the nation. I hope he doesn't leave that WAC... but it's inevitable.

RyanLeaf#1
11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Who ever takes Boise St's coach, Chris Peterson is the smartest school in the nation. I hope he doesn't leave that WAC... but it's inevitable.

I personally don't think Peterson is going anywhere.

SuperKevin
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I personally don't think Peterson is going anywhere.

Not this offseason at least. He'll be coaching in a BCS conference by 2010 though

D-Unit
11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Not this offseason at least. He'll be coaching in a BCS conference by 2010 though
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... not necessarily leaving this year... just sooner rather than later.

NYGibril28
11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
UConn's Randy Edsall interviewed with Georgia Tech

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Tuberville to Arkansas

P-L
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
That really surprised me when I heard. I know he's from Arkansas, but I thought he'd for sure stay at Auburn.

RyanLeaf#1
11-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Tuberville to Arkansas

Is there a link for this?

Turtlepower
11-29-2007, 10:12 PM

http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?sid=055d7e2de473dce99ba2023682125d94&cid=9240

I think it is all rumors, but then again who knows.

aheineken
11-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Tuberville going to Arkansas doesn't surprise me. He has no loyalty to anyone but his wallet.

"I will win an SEC Championship at Ole Miss." - Tommy Tuberville, 1998

diabsoule
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Bo Pellini to Nebraska from ESPN.com. Thats what they are reporting. No link yet.

Also Bobby Bowden, Dave Wannstedt, and Mike Gundy are each staying at their respective schools.

P-L
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
It's not official, but it's going to happen.

RyanLeaf#1
11-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Im shocked to see Wanstedt get an extension.

ironman4579
11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Bo Pellini to Nebraska from ESPN.com. Thats what they are reporting. No link yet.

Also Bobby Bowden, Dave Wannstedt, and Mike Gundy are each staying at their respective schools.

Go dancin' Van Damme! Seriously though, I kind of think Nebraska should have hired Gill, but what do I know?

KCJ58
11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Im shocked to see Wanstedt get an extension.

yea me 2 i bet he gets fired next year anyway, unless they win the Big East

RyanLeaf#1
11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
yea me 2 i bet he gets fired next year anyway, unless they win the Big East

I don't know he has a nice class coming in, and with LeSean McCoy and Pat Bostick I can see them making a run at the Big East next year. McCoy will be one of the best RBs in all college next year. I thought this year might have been the for Wandstedt but if they gave him an extension with a new AD he will probably be there for the whole contract.

eazyb81
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
LOL, Pitt just rehired former Nebraska AD Steve Pederson.

Wow, how stupid can you be. That guy basically ruined the Nebraska football program by himself.

What did they see from him the last few years that made them think this is the guy I want leading my university's athletic department?

RyanLeaf#1
11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
LOL, Pitt just rehired former Nebraska AD Steve Pederson.

Wow, how stupid can you be. That guy basically ruined the Nebraska football program by himself.

What did they see from him the last few years that made them think this is the guy I want leading my university's athletic department?

Well he was the AD there before from 96-02 so maybe they think he did something right during them years.

D-Unit
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM
I wonder if Pelini will hire an option guy to bring back real Nebraska football?

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I wonder if Pelini will hire an option guy to bring back real Nebraska football?

Whats Tommy Frazier up to these days?

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Can someone please expliain to me why SMU is getting a lot of hype this off season? There was all the speculation that Steve Kragthorpe was going to go there, and I have no idea why, I would never leave the Big Easy (any team, let alone Louisville) for the CONF USA or Sun Belt. Also, why was there all this Houston Nutt talk about him going to SMU as well? I just dont get it. I mean obviously he signed on at Ole Miss, but I would never see a pretty successful HC in the SEC quit, not even get fired, but quit and go to to the Conf USA or Sun Belt. You know the old saying...."You only leave once you have somewhere better to go."

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 08:35 PM

As far as I know he has not been into coaching. I wouldn't expect him to be a candidate at all. Then again, you never know. I presonally think that Turner Gill would be great there, even though I am not that big of a UB fan, I think he has done wonders in his little time, and I think he could shine at a bigger school with bigger recruits.

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Can someone please expliain to me why SMU is getting a lot of hype this off season? There was all the speculation that Steve Kragthorpe was going to go there, and I have no idea why, I would never leave the Big Easy (any team, let alone Louisville) for the CONF USA or Sun Belt. Also, why was there all this Houston Nutt talk about him going to SMU as well? I just dont get it. I mean obviously he signed on at Ole Miss, but I would never see a pretty successful HC in the SEC quit, not even get fired, but quit and go to to the Conf USA or Sun Belt. You know the old saying...."You only leave once you have somewhere better to go."

Everyone wants to be the guy to ressurect a once historic SMU program from the aftereffects of the historic Death Penalty the NCAA gave them in the 80s

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
As far as I know he has not been into coaching. I wouldn't expect him to be a candidate at all. Then again, you never know. I presonally think that Turner Gill would be great there, even though I am not that big of a UB fan, I think he has done wonders in his little time, and I think he could shine at a bigger school with bigger recruits.

As an offensive co-ordinator I don't think anyone could teach the spread better than Frazier

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Everyone wants to be the guy to ressurect a once historic SMU program from the aftereffects of the historic Death Penalty the NCAA gave them in the 80s

Care to refersh my memory??????

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
As an offensive co-ordinator I don't think anyone could teach the spread better than Frazier

You make a very valid point when you say this. However, Im not so sure that Frazier is coach material. Granted I dont know too much about his personality or if he fits the role of a coach, but then again he was masterful when it came to the option.

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 08:39 PM

From wikipedia

In 1987, SMU became the first school in collegiate athletic history to receive the NCAA's "Death Penalty", or having a sports program terminated for a determined amount of time. SMU's football program was terminated for the 1987 season because the University was allegedly making approximately $61,000 in booster payments, through a slush-fund created by the SMU Board of Governors. SMU was eligible for the "death penalty" because they were being charged while already on probation for previous offenses. In "A Payroll to Meet" by David Whitford, it is revealed that the "Death Penalty" was a result of the university administration's refusal to stop paying players already receiving payment. Since many players were poor, boosters would pay for rent or other bills for the parents of the athletes, and several key boosters and administration officials felt it would be unethical to cut off payments. When the sanctions were handed down, SMU had only three players - all seniors about to graduate - receiving payments.

SMU football had already been placed on three years' probation in 1985, but in 1986 faced allegations that players were being paid. The alleged violations were: 21 players allegedly received approximately $61,000 in cash payments, with the assistance of athletic department staff members, from funds provided by a booster. Payments ranged from $50 to $725 per month and occurred while SMU was on probation. Also, SMU officials lied to NCAA officials about when the payments stopped.

As a result:

The 1987 season was cancelled.
All home games in 1988 were cancelled, but SMU was allowed to play their seven regularly scheduled away games so that other institutions would not be financially affected.
SMU was banned from bowl games and television in 1988 and 1989.
The team's existing probation was extended two more years, to 1990.
SMU lost 55 new scholarship positions over 4 years.
The team was only allowed to hire five full-time assistant coaches, instead of the typical nine.
The infractions committee cited the need to "eliminate a program that was built on a legacy of wrongdoing, deceit and rule violations" as a factor in what is still the harshest penalty ever meted out to any major collegiate program. It also cited SMU's past history of violations; at the time SMU had been on probation seven times, more than any other school.

All recruits and players were allowed to transfer without losing eligibility and most did, so new coach Forrest Gregg was left with an underweight lineup made up mostly of freshmen. As a result, SMU canceled the 1988 season as well, claiming it was unable to field a competitive team.

D-Unit
11-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Haven't you heard???

He and Eric Crouch are leading the Tim Tebow for Heisman bandwagon.

P-L
11-30-2007, 08:40 PM
The "death penalty" is when the NCAA bans a school from competing in certain sports. I don't remember the year (late 80's) but the NCAA banned SMU from playing football for one season and all of their home games were taken away the following season. The NCAA alleged that SMU players were being paid while the school was on probation.

kwilk103
11-30-2007, 08:45 PM
wvu fans around the country are celebrating the fact that wanny got an extension

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Damn, I remember hearing about the "Death Penalty" but I never remembered it being that bad! HOLY! And to hear that Forrest Gregg went there right after shows he has balls, I always liked him as a coach, even in the CFL, even though he tried to bring the American style up here, didnt pan out to well, lol.
Anyone know what conference they were in prior to now? Or were they in the same conference as now?
I still dont think, nor could I see, one going from programs such as Arkansas to SMU.

bwillie26
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Go dancin' Van Damme! Seriously though, I kind of think Nebraska should have hired Gill, but what do I know?

Yeah, lets hire a coach who is 7-17 in the MAC Conference and who has not beaten any team with a winning record in 2 years. Turner is a great guy, but if he wasn't a former Nebraska player he would not even be thought of for the job.

From what I understand, we are changing the offense, but it will not be to the old option attack. Even Tom Osborne has stated he would not run that offense in todays college game, so that should tell you alot about the chances of it coming back anytime soon in Lincoln.

Tommie Frazier did coach at Doane College, which is a small college in Nebraska. I think he last one or two seasons before he ticked his whole team off and they all literally threatened to quit.

Tommie was still the same egomaniac and a-hole he was when he played at Nebraska. The whole team literally hated him as a person, but they respected the heck out of him because he was a warrior in practice and on gameday. Tommie could've been a good coach, but he just cannot relate to people at all.

Turner would not have made a good coach because he takes too much after Solich. A bit on the lazy side when it comes to recruiting. But unlike Solich, he is a family man and wants to spend too much time with his family.

There are some rumors Gill is coming back to Nebraska, but not as a coach. Have to wait and see on all that though, but he may be done with coaching already.

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Damn, I remember hearing about the "Death Penalty" but I never remembered it being that bad! HOLY! And to hear that Forrest Gregg went there right after shows he has balls, I always liked him as a coach, even in the CFL, even though he tried to bring the American style up here, didnt pan out to well, lol.
Anyone know what conference they were in prior to now? Or were they in the same conference as now?
I still dont think, nor could I see, one going from programs such as Arkansas to SMU.

I think they were in the big Southwest Conference with teams like Arkansas an Missouri

bwillie26
11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Haven't you heard???

He and Eric Crouch are leading the Tim Tebow for Heisman bandwagon.

Eddie George still owes Frazier a Heisman.

KCJ58
11-30-2007, 08:57 PM
the 1st post needs changing

ironman4579
11-30-2007, 08:59 PM

SMU was in the Southwest conference. Teams that were in the SWC in the '80's, when SMU was good are(I think, one or two might not have been)

Arkansas
Baylor
Houston
Rice
Texas
Texas A&M
TCU
Texas Tech

So the SWC was actually a pretty good conference, until most of the schools were hit with recruiting scandals etc. SMU actually one of the top college football programs in the 80's, until the death penalty. Some more from wiki.

National Titles

-"In 1935, SMU had a magnificent season: 12-0-0 record, scoring 288 points while only giving up 39. The Mustangs completely dominated their opponents. They shut out eight of their 12 regular season opponents, including conference rivals Texas, Rice, Baylor, and Texas A&M. They were one of the most talented teams in school history. The 1935 Mustangs secured their place in football immortality by being crowned National Champions."

-In 1981, Southern Methodist was ranked #1 by the National Championship Foundation.

-In 1982, Southern Methodist finished the season as the only undefeated team in Division 1A Football, ending the season at 11-0-1 following their 7-3 victory over the University of Pittsburgh in the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day. Despite being the only undefeated team, they ultimately finished at number 2 in the AP poll behind Penn State,but was ranked #1 by the Helms rankings.

Conference Championships
Southwest Conference:
1984*

* denotes shared title

-From 1980-1985 SMU had the winningest program in Division 1A College Football. They posted a record of 55-14-1, and finished as the #21, #7, #2, #19, and #8 in the nation.

-The Doak Walker Award, an annual collegiate award given to the "most outstanding college running back", is named after SMU Heisman Trophy Winner Doak Walker.

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 09:02 PM
the 1st post needs changing

Yeah i'll get around to it

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
To: bwillie

I disagree with what you said about Turner Gill. When coaching UB at this point, you need to look past what his record is. This year is 199% better than the last year. Gill has put together a very solid coaching staff and has gotten the most out of his players. UB is regarded as the cemetary of all cemtaries or the graveyard of all graveyards, and he is turning it around.

I dont think his recruiting style is lazy. The kids he brought in, were not real talented kids, but coaching at UB, your just not going to get 5* recruits. In fact, I really like the job he did. And I can only imgaine what he does with a program alone that attracts top recruits.

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Much appreciated guys. Thanks to Kevin, ironman, and PL for the help.

bwillie26
11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
To: bwillie

I disagree with what you said about Turner Gill. When coaching UB at this point, you need to look past what his record is. This year is 199% better than the last year. Gill has put together a very solid coaching staff and has gotten the most out of his players. UB is regarded as the cemetary of all cemtaries or the graveyard of all graveyards, and he is turning it around.

I dont think his recruiting style is lazy. The kids he brought in, were not real talented kids, but coaching at UB, your just not going to get 5* recruits. In fact, I really like the job he did. And I can only imgaine what he does with a program alone that attracts top recruits.

You have to remember, Gill only got the job by default. He was the only person who wanted the job.

You also have to remember he formerly coached at Nebraska, but did such a horrid job with our WR's in during the '04 season that he was not retained.

Also, 7-17 proves nothing, even at Buffalo when you have not turned the program around. Turner is an up and comer in the coaching ranks (if he decides to coach more), but he is most certainly not ready for the big stage. Turner needs to continue to show a solid and complete turn around in a program, and not little success.

As I said, if Turner were to play for any other school but Nebraska, he would not even be brought up in discussion for the job.

The other big downfall for Turner is he would bring retreads back to Nebraska to coach. He is too much like Osborne and Solich in believing that Nebraska born coaches are that much better than everyone else. His assistants, guys he would bring back like Ron Brown, Jimmy Williams, Marvin Sanders, etc., have already been here and failed miserably.

And yes, Gill is a lazy recruiter. He admitted in past years at Nebraska that he hated recruiting. If he takes the position in our AD, that should speak volumes about Gill and where his heart is at. He is a family man first, everything else really matters little to Turner. Always has, always will. He wants to spend as much time with his family as possible, which is why I never understood why he continues to want to coach.

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
You have to remember, Gill only got the job by default. He was the only person who wanted the job.

You also have to remember he formerly coached at Nebraska, but did such a horrid job with our WR's in during the '04 season that he was not retained.

Also, 7-17 proves nothing, even at Buffalo when you have not turned the program around. Turner is an up and comer in the coaching ranks (if he decides to coach more), but he is most certainly not ready for the big stage. Turner needs to continue to show a solid and complete turn around in a program, and not little success.

As I said, if Turner were to play for any other school but Nebraska, he would not even be brought up in discussion for the job.

The other big downfall for Turner is he would bring retreads back to Nebraska to coach. He is too much like Osborne and Solich in believing that Nebraska born coaches are that much better than everyone else. His assistants, guys he would bring back like Ron Brown, Jimmy Williams, Marvin Sanders, etc., have already been here and failed miserably.

And yes, Gill is a lazy recruiter. He admitted in past years at Nebraska that he hated recruiting. If he takes the position in our AD, that should speak volumes about Gill and where his heart is at. He is a family man first, everything else really matters little to Turner. Always has, always will. He wants to spend as much time with his family as possible, which is why I never understood why he continues to want to coach.

Im not going to knock Jimmy Williams either. Hes doing quite a job at UB also. When I say turning around UB, Im talking look at how ech year has progressed, all the way to this year when they finished 5-7 and could tie for 2nd in the MAC East. That sure is turning this one around. I think that he has changed his style, or changed whatever he was doing wrong at NEB, because he really has turned UB around, and I think anyone would agree with that. The one that blew me away was when Lee Corso was on Jim Rome and said how he has done such a reat job and has turned it around.

bwillie26
11-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Well Billingsley, think of it this way -- Osborne is Gill's best friend in the world. Heck, he was best man in his wedding. If Osborne cannot even hire the man, that should tell you where he stands on the coaching ladder as of right now.

Gill is a solid coach as a HC, because he is a leader. But his heart is simply not in it.

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Well Billingsley, think of it this way -- Osborne is Gill's best friend in the world. Heck, he was best man in his wedding. If Osborne cannot even hire the man, that should tell you where he stands on the coaching ladder as of right now.

Gill is a solid coach as a HC, because he is a leader. But his heart is simply not in it.

Well, you seem to be in the know much, much more than I am regarding NEB football, so I will take your word on it....but I will still hold my veiw on him as a HC, and the job he has done at UB.

RyanLeaf#1
12-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Anyone have any idea who will take over at LSU?

RyanLeaf#1
12-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Moth is going to be pissed Pat Forde was talking on Espn saying that Spurrier will be #1 on the LSU list.

M.O.T.H.
12-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Moth is going to be pissed Pat Forde was talking on Espn saying that Spurrier will be #1 on the LSU list.

I was just about to post something about this....yeah, you do not understand how pissed I'll be if this happens. The only reason why we're having good recruiting classes is becuase, of the prestige of one Steve Spurrier. I mean honestly...his playcalling is rather tired and hackneyed now a days but, Spurrier is the key to making the Gamecocks a real SEC power. If we lose him...we're more than likely screwed. I'm sure Nix would be the leading candidate to take over. As for more Spurrier rumors...he was seen on Dukes campus the other day...he said he was recruiting in the area but, the rumors have already started.

Something else that would kill us, if Spurrier goes elsewhere. Kenny Mckinley's father said, that Mckinley will only enter the draft, if given a 1st round projection or if Spurrier decides to leave....ugh...don't screw us over Spurrier.

RyanLeaf#1
12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I was just about to post something about this....yeah, you do not understand how pissed I'll be if this happens. The only reason why we're having good recruiting classes is becuase, of the prestige of one Steve Spurrier. I mean honestly...his playcalling is rather tired and hackneyed now a days but, Spurrier is the key to making the Gamecocks a real SEC power. If we lose him...we're more than likely screwed. I'm sure Nix would be the leading candidate to take over. As for more Spurrier rumors...he was seen on Dukes campus the other day...he said he was recruiting in the area but, the rumors have already started.

Something else that would kill us, if Spurrier goes elsewhere. Kenny Mckinley's father said, that Mckinley will only enter the draft, if given a 1st round projection or if Spurrier decides to leave....ugh...don't screw us over Spurrier.

I read the article about him being seen leaving Cameron Indoor. I really hope he doesn't leave South Carolina. Even though LSU will be very tempting for him.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Good call with the Pelini hire bwillie. Should be interesting what LSU does.

Billingsley26
12-01-2007, 11:29 AM
I read the article about him being seen leaving Cameron Indoor. I really hope he doesn't leave South Carolina. Even though LSU will be very tempting for him.

I really hope Spurrier doesn't leave USC. I think hes got hell of a future there that HE built through his own recruiting. He has a young, good QB, good TE and some good RB, not to mention that I believe he gets most of the OL back next year. I think the offense will be on a good note going into next year. I would not like to see him leave.

Sniper
12-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Jon Tenuta is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Geo
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Miles and Tenuta to Michigan is interesting. Ron English is available? I'd love for him to join the Colts in some capacity, including defensive coordinator.

He'll probably go to the Bears though, they wanted to hire him as their defensive backs coach before the 2006 season.

M.O.T.H.
12-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Getting the O-Line back isnt really a good thing in Carolina. Hopefully, we'll see a lot of progression there...they were an awful unit this season. Nearly, the entire team is back for Spurrier next year...except for Cory Boyd and Casper Brinkley. Casper will be easily replaced...Cory on the other hand is a pretty big loss but, there is still some great talent at the position w/ Mike Davis who isn't that big a drop off and 4 star recruit, Brian Maddox. Things are only going to better for South Carolina these next few years...I'm really hoping he stays.

Sniper
12-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Miles is not coming to Michigan

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/UPDATE/712010413

bearsfan_51
12-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Miles and Tenuta to Michigan is interesting. Ron English is available? I'd love for him to join the Colts in some capacity, including defensive coordinator.

He'll probably go to the Bears though, they wanted to hire him as their defensive backs coach before the 2006 season.

Actually the Bears were pissed that English essentially used them to get the DC job, I doubt they would even take his call.

Billingsley26
12-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Getting the O-Line back isnt really a good thing in Carolina. Hopefully, we'll see a lot of progression there...they were an awful unit this season. Nearly, the entire team is back for Spurrier next year...except for Cory Boyd and Casper Brinkley. Casper will be easily replaced...Cory on the other hand is a pretty big loss but, there is still some great talent at the position w/ Mike Davis who isn't that big a drop off and 4 star recruit, Brian Maddox. Things are only going to better for South Carolina these next few years...I'm really hoping he stays.

Well,regarding the OL, I think that more they are together as a unit, the better they are. I think they can only get better and stronger as a unit. I think things are looking up. Smelley looked good in the games he got into, at least he showed promise and showed he could play. This team, I think could compete for the SEC west next year. I think they are in a good position.

M.O.T.H.
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Well,regarding the OL, I think that more they are together as a unit, the better they are. I think they can only get better and stronger as a unit. I think things are looking up. Smelley looked good in the games he got into, at least he showed promise and showed he could play. This team, I think could compete for the SEC west next year. I think they are in a good position.

I agree about us competing for it...the line just scares the hell out of me...there wasnt a lot of progression throughout the season. I was hoping for some big time lineman recuits this year but, that doesnt look like it's gonna happen. We addressed the D-line last year...we need to get some nice prospects along that O-Line. Hopefully, they'll grow together...this year's showing was unacceptable.

Billingsley26
12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree about us competing for it...the line just scares the hell out of me...there wasnt a lot of progression throughout the season. I was hoping for some big time lineman recuits this year but, that doesnt look like it's gonna happen. We addressed the D-line last year...we need to get some nice prospects along that O-Line. Hopefully, they'll grow together...this year's showing was unacceptable.

Yea I know exactly what you mean. Just to me, if the OL is going to be together for yet another year, then they should be able to step it up to the next level. If not, then they will be in pretty bad shape for the years to come because they dont have much in the line of great recruits for OL.

soybean
12-02-2007, 12:39 AM
hot rumor: mooch to ucla.

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
really? I think that would actually be a great spot for him.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 02:29 AM
one thing about rodriguez

he has a big ego; so, i was talking to a few wvu fans, and the consenus (sp?) is huggins is the fan favorite; we all agreed huggins will be very popular and more successful w/in 2 years and we could see rod leaving

no rumors or anything, its just he has a big ego, and we cant see him playing second fiddle to huggins

bwillie26
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Pelini was officially named HC for Nebraska. PC is going on right now. Even though it looks like LSU is going to the title game, Pelini said he will be out recruiting starting immediately.

ironman4579
12-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Did Tubberville actually take the Arkansas job or no? Because I think it was a couple days ago, Schad was saying that Arkansas had interviewed Ron English twice so far. But if Tubberville already took the job, obviously it was longer than that.

KCJ58
12-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope Major Appelwhite gets the Houston job

P-L
12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Did Tubberville actually take the Arkansas job or no? Because I think it was a couple days ago, Schad was saying that Arkansas had interviewed Ron English twice so far. But if Tubberville already took the job, obviously it was longer than that.
I don't know. A couple days ago it looked like a done deal, but I haven't heard of anything in a couple days.

adschofield
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I hope Major Appelwhite gets the Houston job

Wow...how old is he...haven't heard his name in years

bwillie26
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Well .. umm .. things may get a bit odd with the coaching situation in Nebraska if a few things don't get ironed out in a hurry.

soybean
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Grobe is new Razorback coach
Wednesday, Dec 5, 2007

By Harry King
Arkansas News Bureau
FAYETTEVILLE - Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is going to be the next football coach at the University of Arkansas and is likely to be introduced on Thursday.

The board of the Razorback Foundation met briefly via conference call Wednesday evening and approved a salary supplement for Grobe, who just completed his seventh season at Wake Forest.

There is a strong likelihood that Grobe will be paid more than former coach Houston Nutt, but details of the salary package were not immediately available.

A coach's salary from state funds is limited so the Foundation must agree to guarantee any other money that is promised a coach.

For instance, former Razorback coach Houston Nutt received a state salary of $330,000, but his total package was about $1.5 million. Among other things, Nutt was guaranteed $600,000 for radio-TV and $250,000 for speaking engagements.

The foundation would not be asked to approve a specific compensation package unless Grobe had agreed to the deal. The process was evident on Monday night, when the board was supposed to meet to approve money for Clemson coach Tommy Bowden. The meeting was postponed twice and then canceled when Bowden agreed to a contract extension at Clemson.

At one point, it appeared the foundation would bump Bowden's salary so he could personally take care of a buyout at Clemson. The same process could be in play with Grobe, who reportedly has a buyout of $2 million.,

It is believed that Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long zeroed in on Bowden and Grobe as his top two choices in the days after Nutt resigned. People very interested in the search were told that Long would hire the best head coach available.

Grobe has a 45-39 record at Wake Forest, including an 11-3 Orange Bowl team last year and 8-4 team this year headed for the Meineke Bowl. Following last year, he signed an extension through 2016 for what was believed to be about $1.1 million per year.

Billingsley26
12-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I dont understand why he would leave for Arkansas when he was making 1.1 million a year at WF. It doesnt make sense to me. Dont get me wrong, Arkansas is a bigger school than WF, but I wouldnt turn down that money, and take less to go to Ark.

Babylon
12-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Ty willingham back for another year. My guess is anything less than a bowl next year and it will be his last.

SuperKevin
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow...how old is he...haven't heard his name in years

He was the OC at Alabama this year

RyanLeaf#1
12-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Ty willingham back for another year. My guess is anything less than a bowl next year and it will be his last.

Im happy to hear that. This year he played one of the hardest schedules in the nation, and next year doesn't get any easier. Check out their 08 schedule:

Sept. 6 BYU
Sept. 13 at Oregon
Sept. 20 Oklahoma
Sept. 27 Stanford
Oct. 4 at Arizona
Oct. 11 at California
Oct. 18 Oregon State
Oct. 25 Notre Dame
Nov. 1 at USC
Nov. 8 Arizona State
Nov. 15 UCLA
Nov. 22 at Washington State

SuperKevin
12-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Im happy to hear that. This year he played one of the hardest schedules in the nation, and next year doesn't get any easier. Check out their 08 schedule:

Sept. 6 BYU
Sept. 13 at Oregon
Sept. 20 Oklahoma
Sept. 27 Stanford
Oct. 4 at Arizona
Oct. 11 at California
Oct. 18 Oregon State
Oct. 25 Notre Dame
Nov. 1 at USC
Nov. 8 Arizona State
Nov. 15 UCLA
Nov. 22 at Washington State

There is not a single game in which they will be the favorite, with the exception of possibly Notre Dame

RyanLeaf#1
12-06-2007, 07:21 AM
There is not a single game in which they will be the favorite, with the exception of possibly Notre Dame

They will have #1 hardest SOS.

RyanLeaf#1
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Grobe to stay at WF:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3143977

Billingsley26
12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Grobe to stay at WF:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3143977

Thats good. I thin hes got a solid foundation there. He should be allright there.

M.O.T.H.
12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Spurrier has assured everyone that he has no plans of leaving anytime soon. He's been raving about QB, Stephen Garcia, since the end of the season and plans on coaching the 07 recruiting class through their college careers at the very least. He does seem very committed still and he really would be kind of crazy to leave w/ that talent packed class already on board.

As for Garcia...he's already looking like the early favorite in the QB competition for next season.

RyanLeaf#1
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Paul Johnson to Georgia Tech:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3145534

RyanLeaf#1
12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWW if Georgia Tech runs the tripple option that would be terrible.

KCJ58
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3145205

Rutgers coach Schiano talked with Michigan

dont worry scottyboy it looks like he'll stay in NJ

RyanLeaf#1
12-07-2007, 12:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3145205

Rutgers coach Schiano talked with Michigan

dont worry scottyboy it looks like he'll stay in NJ

He is staying in Rutgers.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
That's a good move by Johnson to go to Georgia Tech. It's a job that doesn't have unreal expectations and a pretty solid recruiting base. Georgia Tech's biggest problem right now is that kids in the South seem to prefer the SEC because of the media contract they have with CBS. Even the kids that don't go to SEC schools often then go to Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, etc., because of the prestige and media exposure.

Kinda odd how everyone thought the ACC would be a football powerhouse with the realignment and if anything it's made it that much more irrelivant. Of course a lot of that could probably be put on Bobby Bowden and Larry Coker as well.

soybean
12-07-2007, 06:22 PM
dan guerrero UCLA's athletic director has been talking with norm chow.

If he goes to UCLA that'll set VY back so much.

diabsoule
12-07-2007, 07:16 PM
dan guerrero UCLA's athletic director has been talking with norm chow.

If he goes to UCLA that'll set VY back so much.

I'm surprised Norm Chow hasn't been given a coaching job already. I think he'd make a great college coach.

SuperKevin
12-07-2007, 07:59 PM

He's already well known in the state of Georgia after making Georgia Southern one of the top D1-AA programs in the nation.

Babylon
12-07-2007, 09:18 PM

If they are favored in only one game next year it means that they made a mistake in not getting rid of Willingham.

soybean
12-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm surprised Norm Chow hasn't been given a coaching job already. I think he'd make a great college coach.

yeah and like someone said he's getting old so this may be his last chance.

soybean
12-08-2007, 12:16 AM
duke interested in Karl Dorrell.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/12/07/dorrell.duke/index.html

bwillie26
12-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Chow would make a great coach, but his age is certainly something that works against him. How many times do you see 61 year olds with no previous HC experience get the nod at any job?

DanteXavier
12-08-2007, 02:14 AM
duke interested in Karl Dorrell.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/12/07/dorrell.duke/index.html

That'd be a tough place for him to jump start the career...

RyanLeaf#1
12-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Larry Fedora the offensive coordinator for Oklahoma State has been named the head coach at Southern Miss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3146421

SuperKevin
12-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Nobody is affected by this move more than Georgia Tech junior OT Andrew Gardner who could skyrocket to the 1st round with a solid season under Paul Johnson. The guy is one of the most athletic OTs in the 2009 draft at 6'5" 298 lbs

RyanLeaf#1
12-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Nobody is affected by this move more than Georgia Tech junior OT Andrew Gardner who could skyrocket to the 1st round with a solid season under Paul Johnson. The guy is one of the most athletic OTs in the 2009 draft at 6'5" 298 lbs

GTech lost their best recruit already because of Johnson. Sean Renfree decided to pull out of his commitment to GTech and Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Northwestern, and Tennessee have all shown immediate interest.

RyanLeaf#1
12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Duke has interviewed Vanderbilts Bobby Johnson.

RyanLeaf#1
12-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Bowden will return next year for his 33rd season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3148891

Turtlepower
12-10-2007, 12:24 PM

I think the rumor going around most AD's offices is that Chow did absolutely no recruiting for USC. Chow might be a great OC, but as a college head coach where recruiting is essential, it may be why no one had gone after him.

SuperMcGee
12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Steve Fairchild to Colorado State. Bah.

Geo
12-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm sick of hearing Les Miles' voice and even his name. He doesn't even deserve to be talked about this much, for crying out loud. He's a good but not great coach, nothing more. Cripes.

RyanLeaf#1
12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Steve Fairchild to Colorado State. Bah.

I think thats a good pickup for them.

Turtlepower
12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm sick of hearing Les Miles' voice and even his name. He doesn't even deserve to be talked about this much, for crying out loud. He's a good but not great coach, nothing more. Cripes.

Let's see what he does next year without Nick Saban's recruits. I expect an 8-4 season.

RyanLeaf#1
12-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Norm Chow is interviewing for the UCLA job, and Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe is interviewing for the Duke job.

Geo
12-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Both excellent candidates for the schools involved.

D-Unit
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I think the rumor going around most AD's offices is that Chow did absolutely no recruiting for USC. Chow might be a great OC, but as a college head coach where recruiting is essential, it may be why no one had gone after him.
Chow is a great recruiter as far as players with local Hawaii ties goes. Many local kids respect him because he helps get them in. He's also a strong recruiter for players who are Mormon. I have no doubt that he will be able to recruit strong for any college program who makes him a HC. I hope he gets the UCLA job. Really. He deserves a shot.

P-L
12-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Let's see what he does next year without Nick Saban's recruits. I expect an 8-4 season.
The 2007 team was made up of Saban's recruits, but they are Miles' players. Nick Saban left LSU after the 2004 season. This is Miles' third season as LSU's coach. That means that all of the 5th year seniors only spent two years with Saban and true Seniors and RS Juniors only spent one season with Saban. Nick Saban may have got the guys to come to LSU, but Les Miles and his staff had a bigger part in making these guys into what they are now.

SuperKevin
12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Vols OC David Cutcliffe took the Duke job

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3155086

Could be good for Duke as the Blue Devils have two talented young QBs who could really improve under Cutcliffe

SuperKevin
12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Houston hires Oklahoma OC Kevin Sumlin to be their head coach

D-Unit
12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I hope Chow gets the UCLA job.

diabsoule
12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Rich Rodriguez meets with Michigan's AD about the job vacancy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3155414

D-Unit
12-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Rich Rodriguez meets with Michigan's AD about the job vacancy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3155414
His system would be the absolute worst thing Michigan could do.

SuperKevin
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM

Especially With guys like Ryan Mallett already in place

Geo
12-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Is it just me, or is Rodriguez not any better than Petrino? Has he met a job opening he didn't formally or informally interview for?

KCJ58
12-14-2007, 07:23 PM
do you think Karl Dorell will get a HC job?

diabsoule
12-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of him interviewing either. I agree with Geo that he seems a lot like Petrino.

I'm surprised you haven't heard more about Brian Kelly getting any kind of recognition about the job.

RyanLeaf#1
12-14-2007, 07:56 PM

Not a shot.

Windy
12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
I think Dorrell will be back with the Denver Broncos as an assistant.

RyanLeaf#1
12-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Eagles coach John Harbaugh is a serious candidate for the UCLA job.

DanteXavier
12-16-2007, 10:18 PM

I'm personally rooting for him to get the Duke job.

diabsoule
12-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm personally rooting for him to get the Duke job.

I don't think you rooted hard enough.

DanteXavier
12-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't think you rooted hard enough.

Unfortunately no. Can't say I didn't try, though.

bored of education
12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Herm Edwards going to UCLA?

kwilk103
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
bud foster (vt dc) is interested in the wvu job

supposedly nick saban's agent contacted wvu---grew up 15 mi from wvu

BX
12-17-2007, 10:14 PM
There are rumors flying around that Nick Saban is interested in the West Virginia job.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I actually hope Saban takes the WVU job, just because the media would **** bricks for weeks.

diabsoule
12-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Saban, Petrino, Rodriguez - which one is more of a mercenary?

RyanLeaf#1
12-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I dont think WVU goes with Saban. If they did I think there would be a mass transfer.

RockJock07
12-18-2007, 01:44 AM
I actually hope Saban takes the WVU job, just because the media would **** bricks for weeks.

Yeah they won't, and i don't really wanna hear anything more about it. Besides, does WV really wanna go down that road?

secondly, why leave bama. Yes, they have been down, but they are arguable a top 10 program in terms of tradition, up there with Michigan, USC, and oklahoma, why leave to go to a place that was only made good by a coach that has perfected a system most haven't been able to duplicate?

If I were WVU I think bud foster is a interesting guy that really build a defense and if he goes, watch VA tech just crumble, you could make the case that Foster is more important to that school then bermer is.

kwilk103
12-18-2007, 01:48 AM
saban and his wife are from fairmont, wv which is about 10 miles from wvu

he can come in and win a nc right away

maybe he wants to go home

bearsfan_51
12-18-2007, 02:26 AM
saban and his wife are from fairmont, wv which is about 10 miles from wvu

he can come in and win a nc right away

maybe he wants to go home
He could stay in Alabama and win a NC in two-three years. The difference in talent between the two programs for the next year isn't that great, and will only shift as he is able to restock the program. Selling Alabama to recruits is a whole lot easier than selling West Virginia. I think even you would recognize that.

kwilk103
12-18-2007, 02:37 AM
yea, just maybe he wants to come home

kwilk103
12-18-2007, 08:20 AM
saban's agent supposedly contacted wvu

vt's def coord has expressed interest and told his agent to find out how to get an interview

terry bowden will get an interview

wvu has contacted psu def coord tom bradley

portermvp84
12-18-2007, 01:58 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/12/17/bc.fbc.nebraskastaff.ap/

RyanLeaf#1
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Larry Coker might be getting the SMU job.

duckseason
12-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Just saw a report on the local news that said UCLA met with Mike Bellotti yesterday. Not sure how I feel about that.

edit- here's a link-

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers21dec21,1,1187677.column?coll=la-utilities-sports

kwilk103
12-23-2007, 11:02 AM
jimbo fisher to wvu

kwilk103
12-23-2007, 11:39 PM
its true our ad is a moron

Fisher apparently was poised Saturday night to accept the job and succeed gone-to-Michigan Rich Rodriguez as coach, after detailed discussions with West Virginia athletic director Ed Pastilong.

Sources said the Mountaineers' Saturday offer consisted of both a certain salary plus the $2.5 million buyout Fisher would have to pay Florida State under the coach-in-waiting contract he signed barely one week earlier.

Yesterday, when other West Virginia officials became involved in the talks, the offer changed, sources said: Take either a lower salary plus the full buyout amount, or a higher salary without it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07358/844161-144.stm

BigJohn98
12-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Florida State is Fisher's dream job.

kwilk103
12-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Florida State is Fisher's dream job.

you realize he was set to take the wvu job

he agreed in principle, was going to fly up here for a press conference, etc; then our ad decide to change the details on the buyout and he said no

Tampa 2 4 life
12-25-2007, 11:54 PM
SMU is going to go after June Jones...D-Unit won't be amused.

diabsoule
12-26-2007, 01:28 AM
SMU is going to go after June Jones...D-Unit won't be amused.

I really don't think Jones will take the SMU job. I like Larry Coker for that job.

RyanLeaf#1
12-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I really don't think Jones will take the SMU job. I like Larry Coker for that job.

If he's offered the job theres really no reason not to take that job. He would be surrounded by talented high school players. His system would succeed in Conference USA, and Conference USA is a step up from the WAC. With all of that being said I think he will stay in Hawaii unless the price is right.

SuperKevin
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
If he's offered the job theres really no reason not to take that job. He would be surrounded by talented high school players. His system would succeed in Conference USA, and Conference USA is a step up from the WAC. With all of that being said I think he will stay in Hawaii unless the price is right.

Yeah but all those samoans he's so good at recruiting which have been the foundation of his teams won't go to an uptight religious school in Dallas

RyanLeaf#1
12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah but all those samoans he's so good at recruiting which have been the foundation of his teams won't go to an uptight religious school in Dallas

This is true. In all honesty I dont see June leaving Hawaii.

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Just heard on ESPN that Rick Neuheisel will be the next head coach of UCLA

Babylon
12-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Just heard on ESPN that Rick Neuheisel will be the next head coach of UCLA

I think that one was inevitable, anyone know anything about Willingham being on his way out at the UW?

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I think that one was inevitable, anyone know anything about Willingham being on his way out at the UW?

I haven't heard anything about it. If UW fires Willingham that would be an idiotic move. Ty is a damn good coach.

Babylon
12-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I haven't heard anything about it. If UW fires Willingham that would be an idiotic move. Ty is a damn good coach.

I'm either way on him staying, you cant deny his record isnt good. The rumor was Jim Mora, who i think would be attractive to recruits from an NFL standpoint.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 03:28 PM
vt's def coord has expressed interest and told his agent to find out how to get an interview

Bud Foster should and probably will stay put. He has had a lot of chances to be a head coach somewhere and has a chance to succeed Frank Beamer one day.

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 06:41 PM
On a different note, Ron Zook won coach of the year honors.

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Former Michigan DC Ron English took the same position at Louisville. Hopefully they'll be able to stop someone on defense now

P-L
12-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Former Michigan DC Ron English took the same position at Louisville. Hopefully they'll be able to stop someone on defense now
As long as the team Louisville is playing isn't running a spread, it's a very good hire.

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 08:11 PM
As long as the team Louisville is playing isn't running a spread, it's a very good hire.

Louisville actually has the speed on defense to stop the spread. Michigan's problem was that they weren't fast at all

P-L
12-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Louisville actually has the speed on defense to stop the spread. Michigan's problem was that they weren't fast at all
I really disagree with that. Michigan had plenty of speed on defense, especially in the secondary and at DE. The LB's were pretty slow, but it was execution and not lack of speed. The defense was faster overall last year, and they still couldn't stop the spread.

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
i really like the hiring of Neuheisel by UCLA. Hopefully it will help them gain some ground on USC in the recruiting game

jag
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM
i really like the hiring of Neuheisel by UCLA. Hopefully it will help them gain some ground on USC in the recruiting game

I wasn't too into the hire at first, but I'm really starting to like it. He knows how to recruit, and thats really what we need to be able to compete with SC on a yearly basis.

bwillie26
12-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Who do I have to call to get in on the football pool at UCLA now?

kwilk103
12-30-2007, 11:02 PM
no update on wvu's coaching search

only thing anyone knows is expect a hire by the end of the week; the ad was waiting for some bowl games to be completed to conduct interviews

SuperKevin
12-30-2007, 11:12 PM
no update on wvu's coaching search

only thing anyone knows is expect a hire by the end of the week; the ad was waiting for some bowl games to be completed to conduct interviews

I expect them to hire CMU's coach any day now

kwilk103
12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I expect them to hire CMU's coach any day now

most believe hes a back-up plan if we cant get someone better---locksely

cuz why else would we wait? it wouldnt be a distraction as he already knows all the players, even recruited some of this years freshman---devines class, not the incoming one

i mean, he interviewed a few days ago, so why not announce it? were losing recruits by the minute

i just think hes the fallback guy

kwilk103
12-31-2007, 01:13 AM
could take longer; we hired a consulting firm to help with the search

good decision as all the canidates had wv/wvu ties; we may hire somebody not from wv now

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07365/845584-144.stm

bwillie26
12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
kwilk, you are pretty much right on. It is pretty much looking like a glossy coat of BS is being pulled over on most people with how WVU is handling their search. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that WVU has their man, they just need to wait for a certain bowl game to end.

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
update on wvu: d-unit might want to read (doubt the jones part is true)

MOUNTAINEERS WAITING ON JONES?

Sources tell Football Rumor Mill that SMU may not be the only school with an interest in Hawaii Coach June Jones. It seems West Virginia has, at the very least, made preliminary contact through intermediaries to gauge Jones interest in coming to Morgantown. This comes as reports earlier today had WVU hiring a firm to aid in the search for a new coach. Stay tuned to Football Rumor Mill for more on this developing story…

http://www.footballrumormill.com/scoop.php

BREAKING NEWS: WVU IN HOT PURSUIT OF NATIVE SON SABAN

The pause in West Virginia's search for a new football coach continues, but it will resume with a new direction. Sources confirmed the university will utilize a consulting firm to assist in hiring a new football coach. A WVU team source also said Gov. Joe Manchin is intent on putting a big-name coach in place and has interest in Alabama coach and Marion County native Nick Saban. The Crimson Tide just finished Saban's first season with a 7-6 record after beating Colorado 30-24 in the Independence Bowl. The Mountaineers have already interviewed Florida safeties coach/recruiting coordinator Doc Holliday, former Auburn Coach Terry Bowden, Central Michigan Coach Butch Jones and Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett. Each was a former player or assistant at WVU. WVU also interviewed Florida State assistant Jimbo Fisher and had prepared an offer, only to have Fisher decline to remain with the Seminoles. Fisher was named head-coach-in-waiting at FSU last month. – Daily Mail

http://dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSports/200801010117

a lot of rumors going around about saban

before you ask why the gov is involved, i'll answer those questions

1. most powerful booster; doesnt contribute the most money, but has the most influence; approves all the funding for research, academics, facilities, etc as wvu is the state school

2. he is a wvu alumni

3. back to #1, the search committee listens to him, cuz he can affect how much funding they get; thats the reason we play marshall; we get more funding, it helps the economy, and his re-election chances

4. the most important one, the gov and saban are childhood friends; such good friends, that gov manchin is the godfather to one of nick's kids

i dont know if we get him, but there is a lot of smoke; and we all know saban, as long as a jobs not filled, you cant count him out

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 06:21 PM
wvu has hired the best in the business, chuck neinas to help hire a coach

he helped unc hire davis

im feeling better about the search now

kwilk103
01-02-2008, 09:48 AM
gov says coach by this weekend

kwilk103
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
looks like bowden

Jughead10
01-03-2008, 06:58 AM
ESPN now says they are going to give the WVU job to Stewart today.

eazyb81
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Interesting decision to go with Stewart. WVU definitely played the game of their life last night, but is that primarily because of Stewart or the structure Rodriguez established?

IMO, WVU more than anything wants a guy that wants to be in Morgantown. They don't want to get screwed over by a coach leaving for greener pastures again. I'm rooting for Stewart, he seems like a great guy, but I'm not sure he'll be able to continue recruiting at a high level and lead this team through a full season.

Jughead10
01-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Also just from the little bit I saw of him last night, he seems like too much of a nice guy or a players coach. WVU doesn't exactly have the best reputation for bringing in character guys, and I could eventually see them getting out of control.

kwilk103
01-03-2008, 10:27 AM
hes one of our better recruiters

brought in guys such as brandon hogan (slot receiver), bradley starks (qb after brown leaves), and terrrance kerns (rb next yr w/ devine)

all the players love him---schmitt, mcaffee, white all stated they wanted him to be the hc

as long as he gets good coordinators he'll be fine

RyanLeaf#1
01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I personally think Stewart is a great hire for WVU. Well considering who the others mentioned were that could have possible gotten the job he is probably the best. Bowden would have been a terrible move for WVU.

kwilk103
01-03-2008, 12:48 PM
when you get endorsed by stoops, tomlin, pat white, schmitt, thats good enough for me

D-Unit
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
They were dreaming if they thought June Jones was leaving.

RyanLeaf#1
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
They were dreaming if they thought June Jones was leaving.

If Jones did leave I think it would be a huge mistake. Hes a perfect fit for the WAC and Hawaii.

kwilk103
01-03-2008, 01:04 PM
hes stayin a uh?

RyanLeaf#1
01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Jones has been filming practice with a hand held camera he won at a golf tournament. If I was him I would demand an upgrade immediately.

kwilk103
01-03-2008, 01:22 PM
things about to get interesting in morgantown; stewart asked all assisstants to stay; what im hearing

strength/conditioning coach mike barwis---will stay; s/c coach for all teams and huggins wont let him go

oc calvin magee---50/50; wvu is going to raise his salary in hopes of keeping him; will being allowed to call his own plays be enough to keep him?

dc jeff casteel---staying

RyanLeaf#1
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
things about to get interesting in morgantown; stewart asked all assisstants to stay; what im hearing

strength/conditioning coach mike barwis---will stay; s/c coach for all teams and huggins wont let him go

oc calvin magee---50/50; wvu is going to raise his salary in hopes of keeping him; will being allowed to call his own plays be enough to keep him?

dc jeff casteel---staying

Huggins is the man, but besides that it wouldnt surprise me if most of them stay.