PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Jackson

London
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
What are you views on this guy? Will he come out this year and what are his strengths and weaknesses? He seems like a bit of a beast - does he have any speed though? Are all his sacks bull rushes?

TigerBait45
11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Hes quite underrated for my money. I think him being on the line made it easier for Dorsey to get so much recognition the last few years (although I think Dorsey is a legitimate beast =p)

Hes not much of a speed rusher though, from what it seems. Very strong and smart though, runs through a lot of blocks. I love that he gets his hands up every play too. I think he might have more pass deflections than sacks.

I love him. Hopefully he doesn't come out early since LSU will really need him next year.

D-Unit
11-26-2007, 05:45 PM
IMO, he's an average DE prospect. Gets attention for being on LSU's team, but he doesn't separate himself from others in year's past. I just think he's another one of those guys benefiting from playing in a big time program who won't amount to anything beyond average in the NFL. But who knows.. I could be dead wrong. If Lawrence Jackson is on the board, he's a far superior DE prospect imo.

etk
11-26-2007, 07:24 PM
His quickness and athleticism are very underrated. He's not a true speed rusher or edge rusher, but he has good pass rush instincts in reading off the blocker and attacking the QB. He forces a lot of bad decisions and throws and bats a lot of balls. If he got a bit stronger he could be a dominant 3-4 end.

D-Unit
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
His quickness and athleticism are very underrated. He's not a true speed rusher or edge rusher, but he has good pass rush instincts in reading off the blocker and attacking the QB. He forces a lot of bad decisions and throws and bats a lot of balls. If he got a bit stronger he could be a dominant 3-4 end.
I think playing next to Dorsey and gang has paid dividends for him.

etk
11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I think playing next to Dorsey and gang has paid dividends for him.

LOL. I see it as vice versa: Dorsey playing next to Jackson and gang has paid dividends for him. I've seen Dorsey make a few "big plays" when Jackson rushed the QB out of the pocket and into his arms.

BroadwayJoe10
11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
LOL. I see it as vice versa: Dorsey playing next to Jackson and gang has paid dividends for him. I've seen Dorsey make a few "big plays" when Jackson rushed the QB out of the pocket and into his arms.

I have seen the same thing. Ever since toonster (i think it was him) had him going to the jets in one of his mocks, I watched him quite closely. He is extremely disruptive and has good speed for his size. Plays well against the run and Always has his hands in the air. He is a good athlete for his size and for some reason i always thought of him as a more polished Ikaka Ilama Francis. But i definately like him as a future 3-4 DE.

RCAChainGang
11-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I bet he goes into the draft. He could be a great 3-4 DE weighing 289. He's got some speed for his big self :). I could see him late 1rst in the draft. Where would you guys predict him to go?

Freddy G
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
He has been invisible this year, probably one of the most overrated players in the country right now. His last couple games he as seemed to come around a little bit, but has still been underachieving.

I was high on him coming into the year as a potential suitor for 3-4 DE, but right now i am not sure i would spend a 1st day pick on him. He gets pushed around waaaay to much for a DE his size, and sometimes a TE!!!! neutralizes him.

However, he is athletic and has a great frame, but i am starting to think he is just a pass rusher with a big body as apposed to a DE/DT tweener. Shaun Ellis esque....

If i were him i would stay for another year and get his production up and be the force he was as a soph. Right now he would be drafted entirely on his sophmore year and workouts alone. Lots of potential, first round potential infact, but the way he has played this year i don't think i would take him before round 3.