PDA

View Full Version : Iowa prospects

D-Unit
11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
I haven't followed Iowa too well, but I like the reports and stats I see of some of their players. Tell me about these guys and where you think they will be drafted.

LB Mike Humpal

CB Charles Godfrey

RB Albert Young

BucSappy
11-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Charles Godfrey: late round 2-mid round 3
Albert Young: round 7-UFA

etk
11-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Iowa has some solid Dlinemen too:

Kenny Iwebema
Bryan Mattison
Mitch King (u)

fischbowl
11-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Mike Klinkenborg, MLB
Anthony Moeaki, TE (UC)
Adam Shada, CB

bigboiajhawk
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I think albert young will get drafted earlier than the 7th, if he runs a decent fourty time fourth round is not out of the question, kenny iwebema is possibly a third round pick as well

D-Unit
11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Charles Godfrey: late round 2-mid round 3
Albert Young: round 7-UFA
Where does Godfrey rank versus the other corners in your mind including the Juniors who might declare?

etk
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Where does Godfrey rank versus the other corners in your mind including the Juniors who might declare?

I think he ranks just behind the 1st tier of guys:

Jenkins, Jenkins, Ikegwuonu, King, VT CBs, Smith, Talib & Cason.

in the 2nd tier:

Terrell Thomas, DeJuan Tribble, Trae Williams, Tracy Porter, etc.

He will probably have one of the most impressive combines of the DBs, which will help his cause.

Travis 24
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Albert Young was a BEAST in high school...I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles grabbing him...I think he has a shot at going 3-4.

bored of education
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Godfrey is a very physical big corner. I would say any where in the second and if he run's a 4.4 and has some good 3 shuttle times and what not I wouldnt be suprised if he sneaks in the 1st round. He has good read and reaction skills, he is aggresive going after the ball but not overly aggressive. He has a knack for making plays, also a very good tackler.

foozball
11-27-2007, 09:00 PM
i think godfrey goes in the 2-3 round area. the only thing holding him back is his lack of a track record IMO. this is only his 2nd year starting, and i think the lack of game film might hurt his stock. not to mention i believe he will move to free safety in the NFL.

i know aaron ross only started for one year, but that was one of the most impressive seasons ive seen...and he won the thorpe award

steelernation77
11-28-2007, 12:36 AM
I haven't followed Iowa too well, but I like the reports and stats I see of some of their players. Tell me about these guys and where you think they will be drafted.

LB Mike Humpal

CB Charles Godfrey

RB Albert Young

Godfrey is a playmaker, I think he'll be solid in the NFL.

Humpal is pretty solid against the run, not overly athletic though, he might be able to make a team as a ST player.

Young is overrated IMO. He's got good vision, but not much of a burst. I personally like Damian Sims better.

Iwebema is an underachiever. I think he'll get drafted late probably on potential. Mattison is alright, but I don't think he has much of a pro future. I personally think that the two backup DEs Clayborn and Ballard are better. The D-line could be very good next year.

Mitch King is tenacious. I think that if he puts on some more weight, he might make it as penetrating UT in a 4-3 scheme, especially on passing downs.

Moeaki is great. I think he'll really establish himself next year if he stays healthy and if they can get someone who can throw the ball. That last one is a big if.

To even mention Adam Shada as a prospect is ridiculous. He's terrible.

fischbowl
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Godfrey is a playmaker, I think he'll be solid in the NFL.

Humpal is pretty solid against the run, not overly athletic though, he might be able to make a team as a ST player.

Young is overrated IMO. He's got good vision, but not much of a burst. I personally like Damian Sims better.

Iwebema is an underachiever. I think he'll get drafted late probably on potential. Mattison is alright, but I don't think he has much of a pro future. I personally think that the two backup DEs Clayborn and Ballard are better. The D-line could be very good next year.

Mitch King is tenacious. I think that if he puts on some more weight, he might make it as penetrating UT in a 4-3 scheme, especially on passing downs.

Moeaki is great. I think he'll really establish himself next year if he stays healthy and if they can get someone who can throw the ball. That last one is a big if.

To even mention Adam Shada as a prospect is ridiculous. He's terrible.

Mitch King for DE in a 3-4?

steelernation77
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Mitch King for DE in a 3-4?

Well right now he's listed at 264lbs, which would be very light for a 3-4 DE. I'm not sure if he's strong enough to play 3-4 DE. To me he's best bet is to try to put on about 20lbs. and use his speed as a 4-3 UT to penetrate. I'm not sure if he'll ever be an every down guy in the NFL.