PDA

View Full Version : QB developement

stephenson86
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I think I am the only Titan fan who believes that getting a stellar running back in the draft or in FA would help Vince Youngs developement more than a WR or TE. Our running game is not explosive or dangerous enough to make teams stack the box which doesnt leave much for our WR's to work with in terms of single coverage or gaping holes in defenses. If we were to get a Stellar RB who could change the game unlike any of our backs now then defenses would need to focus on stopping the run because right now, they dont because well we have a very poor running game. So im thinking burner turner or Jonathan Stewart (if hes availible) would be a great addition to make teams worry about our running game so they leave less for young to cope with in the passing game. because right now i think our lack of explosion in the running game is not helping VY alot.

thoughts?

stephenson86
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
nobody.....?

soybean
11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
id go with slaton, if you guys plan on keeping lendale, then i would get a shifty back to compliment.

If not, then yeah J-Stew would be a nice addition.

princefielder28
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM
id go with slaton, if you guys plan on keeping lendale, then i would get a shifty back to compliment.

If not, then yeah J-Stew would be a nice addition.

no way they spend a early pick on another back; they've spent their last two 2nd rounders on a RB

toonsterwu
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I can see them adding a complement in the midrounds, but I think other areas have to be upgraded first. That said, the work that Vince Young has to do will be more significant than any piece they can really add in terms of the long run.

sweetd20
11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
They face base defenses every game on nearly every play because teams aren't scared of Young and the WRs. They don't drop extra guys into coverage or stack the line because except for worrying about Young breaking containment there isn't much to fear from their offense. What they need to do is get a quality FA WR early and give Young and him as much time as possible to work together. The only problem is that it isn't a good year for UFA WRs.

11-27-2007, 05:14 PM
signing a more proven veteran back via FA would be more useful than drafting yet again another RB in the earlier rounds

villagewarrior
11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
How is Tennessee's offensive line? The offense is driven by how well the o line performs, players can look either superior or inferior depending on the play of the o line.

11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
20 sacks in 11 games for this young offensive line

Babylon
11-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Last year they ran the ball better with Henry there. I guess they need a WR but is Vince the type to be throwing the ball downfield or does he not throw downfieldy because he doesnt have the receivers? A healthy Haynesworth probably cures a lot of what ails them right now.

stephenson86
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
haynesworth is so needed right now

skiinginNJ
11-27-2007, 06:06 PM
i think would be fine with some more WR help and a TE

maybe Kelly or Hardy in Rd 1, or sweed in RD 2if he lasts

maybe a TE like carlson or rucker in Rd 3, again depending on who declares