11-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Here it is:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/andrewoodson.html

soybean
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
yay. (10 characters)

SeanTaylorRIP
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Very nice assessment, pretty point on, btw Scott if you still have Sean Taylor's scouting report, could you post it?

badgerbacker
11-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Good analysis on Woodson. I noticed there wasn't a ranking on him. I'm assuming he would receive the 4*(First rounder) label?

As to the Taylor request, the one thing I remember reading was Scott saying he had the "body of a Greek god" or something along those lines.

princefielder28
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Wonderful assessment

D-Unit
11-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I think he's Jason Campbell 2.0

11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
somewhere in between a jason campbell and byron leftwich

soybean
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
i really don't like his release, and how far he cocks his arm back.

11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
if he doesnt refine his slow release its gonna kill him in this league

SuperKevin
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM
No star rating?????

11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
should also be listed as a 4* like brohm

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I think he's Jason Campbell 2.0

Agreed, hes gonna take some time to develope just like Campbell. His release bothers me some and thats what he should work on once he drafted

bored of education
11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
2-3 years under right coach and system this guy could be special

BucSappy
11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
"Decent athlete who moves well in the pocket and can scramble."

I totally disagree with this. I went to High School with Dre' at North Hardin in Radcliff, KY so you can call me a homer if you want, but I try to be objective.

He is a bad scrambler. He thinks too long about what to do in the pocket sometimes. I mean look at the stats. He probably has like -200 yards rushing for his career, probably more than that. He does move well in the pocket in terms of stepping up and around pressure to get throws off, but he isn't a scrambler. He might improve on this at the next level, and he certainly doesn't live up to his athleticism imo.

"Played out of the shotgun a lot."

This is a huge misconception with the Kentucky offense. He did as a junior, but guess what? If he didn't, the would have gotten sacked 10 times a game. He had to. As a senior the Kentucky offense was under center a lot more. I mean he was in shotgun no more than any NFL offense.

Great scouting report overall. I think he needs 1-1.5 season on the bench in order to develop correctly, but the team that gets him just gets one hell of a football player and person (he has great character and he is great to have in the locker room, I played basketball with him so I should know).

BucSappy
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Question: Why does everyone seem to have issues with his release? I have always thought it was good fundamentally. At the beginning of his career Dre' had HORRIBLE mechanics because his HS football coach was an absolute moron. North Hardin ran the Wishbone offense with the best (unknown) arm in the country and it really held back Dre' in recruiting and on the field.

I mean Dre' has only had a real quarterbacks coach since his RS Sophomore season. So you can truly say he's only gotten quality coaching for 3 years. That's truly amazing in my opinion, but its a reason that he will have to develop; it's why he has a bit trouble in reading defenses. But he is a hard worker so I'm sure he will figure it out in the NFL with a good QBs coach and if he is given time.

If you have any questions about Dre', what he is like is a person etc., you can PM me.

critesy
11-27-2007, 10:55 PM
why PM, why not post in here so we can all read about him ?

BucSappy
11-27-2007, 11:54 PM
why PM, why not post in here so we can all read about him ?

I don't care.

BucSappy
11-28-2007, 06:51 AM
if he doesnt refine his slow release its gonna kill him in this league

Yeah. His poise in the pocket and sound decision making isn't going to make up for a slow release. And I personally think that someone saying Dre's release is slow is being a little nitpicky.

georgiafan
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
I think he is slightly better then Jason Campbell but not much. Does anyone know how many of his TD's have came in OT this year ?

BucSappy
11-28-2007, 09:41 AM
I think he is slightly better then Jason Campbell but not much. Does anyone know how many of his TD's have came in OT this year ?

3 at most...I think. :|

BuddyCHRIST
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
i dont think his release is quite as slow as people think, its not quick but its not like Leftwhich or anything. I think the Jason Cambell comparison is pretty accurate.

Nick22401
11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Excellent intangibles in terms of leadership and work ethic

Probably his biggest negative his first two seasons. And I agree he isn't anything more then average in the scrambling department. He does stand tall and move ok in the pocket though.

11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
i know its being a little nitpicky but he doesnt seem to make quick reads in the pocket which added onto his already slow release could cause some problems down the line

SenorGato
11-29-2007, 01:05 AM
I agree with the cross between Campbell and Leftwich.

I liked Campbell a little bit more than him coming out. I thought Campbell was pretty underrated as a prospect.

A slow release is a big problem IMO. It's not an easy thing to change a guys mechanics.

JT Jag
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I think he's pretty similar to a non-injury-prone Leftwich.

That's not a bad thing.

The Unseen
11-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Since when did Andre contain an acute accent? Have networks been too lazy to use it, or what?

D-Unit
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I see nothing in his game that reminds me of Leftwich. What do you guys see?

no love
11-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I see nothing in his game that reminds me of Leftwich. What do you guys see?

A heavy footed qb with a large frame, big arm, elongated release who comes from a non-pro style offense.

Like Leftwich, he has a little too much confidence in his arm. He stands tall in the pocket and will wait for his receivers to get open even it means taking a hit. I'd say Leftwich throws the deep ball on a little bit more of a rope.

Oh and they both run the 2 min drill well.

Oh... and people also see that they are both black.

WMD
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Very nice assessment, pretty point on, btw Scott if you still have Sean Taylor's scouting report, could you post it?

All I remember from it is him saying that Sean Taylor had the body of a Greek God.. or something along those lines.

neko4
11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Agreed, hes gonna take some time to develope just like Campbell. His release bothers me some and thats what he should work on once he drafted
I actually think he looks more like Roethlisburger

Turtlepower
11-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I actually think he looks more like Roethlisburger

I like that comparison, except I feel that Woodson has less mobility. I think people are stuck with trying to compare him to a Black QB that is not a scrambler. That is where the Byron Leftwich comparisons come in.

11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I like that comparison, except I feel that Woodson has less mobility. I think people are stuck with trying to compare him to a Black QB that is not a scrambler. That is where the Byron Leftwich comparisons come in.

so you compare him with a big white QB with similar physical attributes.

neko4
11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I think it would be easy to compare him to Leftwich or Roethlisburger. I dont see the Campbell one that much, but I can see where it would come from.

BUTerriers
11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Here's what Scott wrote up Taylor after the Redskins picked him...

In 2001 I said Oklahoma safety Roy Williams was the best safety prospect I had ever seen and after only two years in the league he is already one of the best in the business, but Sean Taylor is even better. A physical freak who is built like a Greek god, runs like a gazelle, hits like a Mack truck and is a playmaker in every sense of the word. Taylor has drawn comparisons to Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott because he can cover like a cornerback and hit like a linebacker and he is the type of player who could revolutionize the position. There is no doubt in my mind that Sean Taylor will rank among the best players at his position very early on in his NFL career, if he doesn't already, and is the type of guy we will compare future prospects to.

11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Here's what Scott wrote up Taylor after the Redskins picked him...

In 2001 I said Oklahoma safety Roy Williams was the best safety prospect I had ever seen and after only two years in the league he is already one of the best in the business, but Sean Taylor is even better. A physical freak who is built like a Greek god, runs like a gazelle, hits like a Mack truck and is a playmaker in every sense of the word. Taylor has drawn comparisons to Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott because he can cover like a cornerback and hit like a linebacker and he is the type of player who could revolutionize the position. There is no doubt in my mind that Sean Taylor will rank among the best players at his position very early on in his NFL career, if he doesn't already, and is the type of guy we will compare future prospects to.

that is so true and he lived up to every single one of those points.

soybean
01-27-2008, 11:10 PM
So did the senior bowl/practices mean less than I think or is Andre Woodson's stock falling fast?

is he still a first round value?

kiranadwaney
01-28-2008, 06:43 AM
i think woodson will drop out of the first roung after the senior bowl i also think he might be behind flacco and be the 4th qb taken. I have not seen much of flacco but i was impressed with him in the senior bowl especially with the tight sprial and zip ne put on every throw.

does anyone else agree or am i taking the senior bowl into account to much, was it mike martz who made woodson look bad?

lod01
01-28-2008, 12:32 PM
i think woodson will drop out of the first roung after the senior bowl i also think he might be behind flacco and be the 4th qb taken. I have not seen much of flacco but i was impressed with him in the senior bowl especially with the tight sprial and zip ne put on every throw.

does anyone else agree or am i taking the senior bowl into account to much, was it mike martz who made woodson look bad?

Martz inability to coach can make anyone look bad, however, it probably took virtually no effort for him to make Woodson look bad. The guy will flop bigtime in the NFL.

holt_bruce81
01-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Martz inability to coach can make anyone look bad, however, it probably took virtually no effort for him to make Woodson look bad. The guy will flop bigtime in the NFL.

Warner, Bulger, Green, Kitna.......Yes, Martz' "inability to coach" can make anyone look bad.

what a joke.

katnip
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
The best possible choice/team to me is, Rams or the Seahawks. I'll tell you why I think so if you want to know.

Where do you guys see him falling too given an ok combine, like not too good not too bad. And middle, late, early of the round? I say early to mid second.

holt_bruce81
01-28-2008, 01:43 PM
The best possible choice/team to me is, Rams or the Seahawks. I'll tell you why I think so if you want to know.

Where do you guys see him falling too given an ok combine, like not too good not too bad. And middle, late, early of the round? I say early to mid second.

I would love to hear why you think the Rams would be the best possible team for him.

The only thing I can think of is he's going to have a few years to learn under Bulger because Bulger still has 5 years left on his contract.

katnip
01-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Well I don't follow the Rams at all, but just looking at their roster, if they can still get a quality LT 1st round, and like you said Bulger's underwraps. I just picked 2 teams where he'll have time to grow/re-do his mechanics.

I'm just using a casual fan's perspective. Thats what I am on the Rams.

DraftKidWonder
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
he had an average senior bowl and his stock is falling but he is one of the most god gifted QB in the draft. He has unquestionable vision and arm strength. He has bad pocket awareness and floats the ball too much but he is one of the top 3 QB's in this draft. I had the privilege to see him on saturdays at Kentucky (die true blue!) and he blew my mind and everybodys mind. Who ever gets him will salivate. A Jason Campbell with more talent. I think Campbell is playoff caliber too.

soybean
01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
i think he'll fall to the second round. It's hard to imagine a projected top half of the first round talent fall past the second.

SaintsFanForLife
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Really great........If he goes to the right team he coud be good. But his machanics have to get better and faster.

Flyboy
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Since when did Andre contain an acute accent? Have networks been too lazy to use it, or what?

I've been wondering the same exact thing. I'm all confused now.