Charlie Weis

He said "hot" seat, not "broken" seat

It's a hot broken seat then. :roll:

Shane P. Hallam
02-18-2007, 05:45 PM
IMP

Tyrone Willingham, Washington
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2006/03/29/2002898571.jpg

Tyrone has a decent year this year, I think he is safe.

draftguru151
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
How is Charlie Weis on the hot seat?

Vikes99ej
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Is Lloyd Carr still technically on the hot seat? It seems like he is every year.

Dave
02-18-2007, 06:08 PM

It's really just the whole Notre Dame thing, they expect greatness every year. ND fans expect him to be on top of the Big 10 every year and they normally fall to third or fourth.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-18-2007, 06:11 PM
ND needs talent.They got good coaching.

Dave
02-18-2007, 06:13 PM
ND needs talent.They got good coaching.

I agree they've had a mediocre squad on both sides, but I think Weis will have finally worked enough recruiting and training to establish himself this year. Still think he's on the hot seat though.

mbennett11
02-18-2007, 06:45 PM

It's really just the whole Notre Dame thing, they expect greatness every year. ND fans expect him to be on top of the Big 10 every year and they normally fall to third or fourth.

I agree that Notre Dame expects greatness, but ND is independent

GB12
02-18-2007, 06:55 PM

Um, they are never at the top of the Big Ten. It's kind of hard to do when they aren't in the conference.

Dave
02-18-2007, 06:58 PM

Um, they are never at the top of the Big Ten. It's kind of hard to do when they aren't in the conference.

:oops: It's the region thing.. I count them with the Big Ten anyway. Despite my utter lack of remembrance, ND still expects too much.

Zim3031
02-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Actually Notre Dame "should" be in the Big East, that's where all their other teams are.

Dave
02-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Actually Notre Dame "should" be in the Big East, that's where all their other teams are.

I thought conferences were split up due to where they were actually located. I could be wrong though.

fenikz
02-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Bobby Bowden

1 more losing season and i think he is gone

02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Charlie Weis

he is not on the hot seat.

Dave
02-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Charlie Weis

You got a reason other than your supreme knowledge?

02-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Charlie Weis

well he has had better records the past few years and has brought in two recruiting classes better than willingham brought there. When he got there there the roster was not deep at all and I think that the heads of the school know that or whoever hires the players. I think that he will have atleast 2 more seasons before the pressure really gets put on him.

GB12
02-18-2007, 08:05 PM

I thought conferences were split up due to where they were actually located. I could be wrong though.

No, it has nothing to do with regions. I think that all that has to happen is the conference agrees to let them in and the NCAA approves. I don't quite understand how ND is allowed to be in the Big East for basketball and other sports but yet they can remain an Independant for football.

Dave
02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Charlie Weis

well he has had better records the past few years and has brought in two recruiting classes better than willingham brought there. When he got there there the roster was not deep at all and I think that the heads of the school know that or whoever hires the players. I think that he will have atleast 2 more seasons before the pressure really gets put on him.

He has a good record, true, but has done mediocre in games that actually count. He's done great recruiting and that's why I think he'll have a good season this year, but that doesn't mean he isn't on the hot seat. The head of the school doesn't hire anyone, much less players. Player hiring goes on at Oklahoma.

sweetness34
02-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Honestly, Ron Zook. He's jesus in dockers when it comes to recruiting but if this team doesn't show a better record in the W/L column, I think he'll be on the hot seat.

I have supreme confidence that we will have a much better record this year, probably around 6 or 7 wins, but anything less than that and I think our AD takes a look at our football program.

dcrls
02-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Is Lloyd Carr still technically on the hot seat? It seems like he is every year.

i think he would be, cause if he loses to ohio state, and the bowl game, then.........

dcrls
02-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Bobby Bowden

bobby bowden is a ******* legend, the god damn field is named after him, the only way he would leave is retirement, i'd be so friggin pissed if they fired him, i'd seriously hitch a ride down to tallahasse, and ******* break their president's neck.

BuddyCHRIST
02-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Bobby Bowden

he hasn't had a losing season since his 2nd year there.

02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Charlie Weis

He has a good record, true, but has done mediocre in games that actually count. He's done great recruiting and that's why I think he'll have a good season this year, but that doesn't mean he isn't on the hot seat. The head of the school doesn't hire anyone, much less players. Player hiring goes on at Oklahoma.
yeah my bad that was a typo I meant hire coaches

P-L
02-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Bobby Bowden will never be fired. He'll coach Florida State until he leaves on his own terms.

Zyro_1014
02-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Bobby Bowden

Yeah dude ur crazy if u think that they would ever FIRE Bowden

dcrls
02-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Bobby Bowden will never be fired. He'll coach Florida State until he leaves on his own terms.

xactly what i said on pg.1 :D

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Bobby Bowden

He will probably retire next year, or the year after. I can't see him staying any longer.

Philliez01
02-19-2007, 10:04 AM
What do you think about Dave Wannstedt? If Rutgers can stay in the top-3 of all the Big East schools (WVU, Louisville, RU) and with South Florida emerging as a potential Top-25 team, would they settle for 5th place?

I bleed green
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Nick Saban, he won't get fired but there's a ton of pressure on him to do well next season.

aheineken
02-19-2007, 12:58 PM

i think he would be, cause if he loses to ohio state, and the bowl game, then.........

If that happens again with all the talent Michigan has coming back, they should put serious consideration into getting rid of Carr and promoting English to HC.

RWFender1
02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
i still think karl dorrell is gone after next year. i think the man would have been gone this year but beating USC by 4 points this year saved his job. his team had a terrible season and an embarrassing display of a bowl performance. this isnt just the homer in me talking but i think USC will own them again next year and they will finish about 5th in the pac 10 this year. do they play notre dame again next year? wouldnt be suprised if a Clausen-led notre dame team beats them either. anyhow, i just dont see him around after this year unless UCLA gets their act together

yourfavestoner
02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Bobby Bowden

Yeah dude ur crazy if u think that they would ever FIRE Bowden

I think it's ridiculous that somebody can be "coach for life" just because of his history with the school.

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM

They would never get rid of a coach of his caliber

toonsterwu
02-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Al Groh is definitely on the hot seat. He needs a good year, say, at least 8 wins, IMO. He's had a long enough time.

Man_Law_99
02-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Ted Roof
http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/moxiepix/a2280.jpg

Virginia Military Institute the only win in last two seasons.....not good.

WildDude
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Mike Stoops he just cant get arizona to win and when the heck is phil fulmer gonna be on the hot seat hes terrible!

JPLUFF
02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Mike Stoops he just cant get arizona to win and when the heck is phil fulmer gonna be on the hot seat hes terrible!

That class Fulmer just recruited is pretty sick though.

WildDude
02-20-2007, 06:35 PM

That class Fulmer just recruited is pretty sick though.

theres no denying the man can recruit but he always seems to underachieve and make those little mistakes like sticking with ainge while he blows

hes too much like zook although maybe a better coach

asu2100
02-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Mike Stoops!

02-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Tommy Bowden, Clemson has BCS talent and they lost to UK in the MCB.

marks01234
02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
ACC thoughts

Groh at UVA probably starts the season on the hot seat. He isn't a candidate to get fired mid-season but he needs to at least go to a bowl game to have a chance at staying.

Ted Roof had better get some wins this year. I don't know Duke's schedule but if they get shut out by a D-1AA team again, I don't think he makes it the full year.

Tommy Bowden better have Clemson in a bowl game as well. I think his situation is similar to Amato's at NC State last year. 6-8 wins will buy him some more time but anything less and he is gone.

If UMD has a terrible saeson, Fridge will return to the hot seat. They need a good showing against WVU for once. I highly doubt he is fired this year but he could enter 2008 on the hot seat.

KJ4140
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Robinson has to bring Syracuse back to life. It's terrible.