PDA

View Full Version : DE

ljaxson
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
-I really like that someone took notice of Jeremy Thompson great job.
-I also think That Dorian Smith and Jonal Saint-Dic are to low
-Why hasnt tommy blake fallen?
-Who is the better Prospect Chris Long or Quetion Groves

Mr. Stiller
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
-I really like that someone took notice of Jeremy Thompson great job.
-I also think That Dorian Smith and Jonal Saint-Dic are to low
-Why hasnt tommy blake fallen?
-Who is the better Prospect Chris Long or Quetion Groves

Jeremy Thompson is looking like a late 4th to early 6th rounder to me.. Solid DE/OLB prospect.

Jonal Saint-Dic might be better served to Play ILB in the pro's. He's a solid pass rusher, but I think he could make the transition to ILB in a 3-4 as well.

Tommy Blake is playing now and it's reported that the issue was a quarrel between coach and player. He's also playing around 260-270 and there's mention of him looking even more explosive and faster than before.

The Better prospect is easily Chris Long. He's a complete DE with an unstoppable motor. He's great against the run, can hold the point and is a solid pass rusher. Quentin Groves is a pure speed rusher, he's looked Ok, not great at OLB in college, offers little to nothing in the run game. He doesn't have the necessary bulk to play everydown in the pro's at DE. Looking like a situational Pass rusher or OLB.

asmitty45
11-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Jonal Saint-Dic might be better served to Play ILB in the pro's. He's a solid pass rusher, but I think he could make the transition to ILB in a 3-4 as well.

I have to disagree as far as ILB goes. He's never dropped into coverage in his life.

All he does is pass rush, and he would be very well suited for the OLB in the 3-4 (Suggs-esque-ish) He always goes for the ball (8 forced fumbles this season) and he is remarkably fast off the end. I think if he puts on some weight he will excel as a pass rushing OLB/DE.

Mr. Stiller
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I have to disagree as far as ILB goes. He's never dropped into coverage in his life.

All he does is pass rush, and he would be very well suited for the OLB in the 3-4 (Suggs-esque-ish) He always goes for the ball (8 forced fumbles this season) and he is remarkably fast off the end. I think if he puts on some weight he will excel as a pass rushing OLB/DE.

I don't think he's "Suggs-esque", but He could be a successful 3-4 OLB. Though, Like I said, he might make for a solid 3-4 ILB.

Levon Kirkland followed the same path.

ljaxson
11-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Dorian Smith?

ljaxson
12-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Scott if you watched the CivilWar u gotta put Dorian up higher