PDA

View Full Version : What round will Tommy Blake go in?

London
11-28-2007, 03:51 AM
What round do you think Tommy Blake will go in? Apparently he has come back bigger and better than ever....

TitanHope
11-28-2007, 06:57 AM
*shrug* He's probably the 4th best OLB/DE Hybrid in the draft, behind Groves, Gholston, and Harvey, but we don't know who's declaring and who's not. Right now, I'd say 3rd RD. But thats just my opinion, and I haven't heard a thing about him all year besides that he took time off from football at the beginning of the season.

vatech=accdomination
11-28-2007, 08:15 AM
why did he leave?

BroadwayJoe10
11-28-2007, 09:02 AM
why did he leave?

From what i have read it was pressure. Nothing to do with drugs, peformance enhancers or violence. It seems as though he had a little bit of a falling out with his coach; i read that the coach said something that embarassed him one day and had to take a leave because the pressure was getting to much.

He is an extremely religious kid and I heard his highschool basketball coach told him of reggie white and others who were extremely religious and used the NFL as a pulpit to spread their belief.

Anyways, I do feel that this kid may end up being a big steal for some team, if they feel he can handle the mental pressue.

princefielder28
11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
He's a 1st round talent that shouldn't drop below the 3rd round and whatever team selects him they will have themselves a playmaker

dabears10
11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
From what i have read it was pressure. Nothing to do with drugs, peformance enhancers or violence. It seems as though he had a little bit of a falling out with his coach; i read that the coach said something that embarassed him one day and had to take a leave because the pressure was getting to much.

He is an extremely religious kid and I heard his highschool basketball coach told him of reggie white and others who were extremely religious and used the NFL as a pulpit to spread their belief.

Anyways, I do feel that this kid may end up being a big steal for some team, if they feel he can handle the mental pressue.

He could go to the Lions and him and Kitna can SAVE THE NFL!!!1!

Mr. Stiller
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Right now it's up in the air.

If the draft happened today he'd likely be a 3rd/4th rounder at best.

But with the All-Star Games, Combine, Team Visits before the draft he has plenty of time to explain what happened and show if he's improved or not.

From what I've been told he's playing around 268-278 and he's running faster and is getting stronger now that he's getting used to the added bulk. If thats the case, and he was fairly fast before (4.6-4.7) He could jump back into the 1st-2nd round on measureables alone.

Man_Of_Steel
11-28-2007, 11:00 AM
5th-6th round at best. Who really wants a Wiiliams/Kitna mix who has already in college proven unreliable.

etk
11-28-2007, 11:24 AM
5th-6th round at best. Who really wants a Wiiliams/Kitna mix who has already in college proven unreliable.

I do. I want a defensive end with the explosion and natural ability to rush the passer, who cares about his religion?

I think he's a 2nd rounder.

Man_Of_Steel
11-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I do. I want a defensive end with the explosion and natural ability to rush the passer, who cares about his religion?

I think he's a 2nd rounder.

So your willing to throw away a second round pick on a guy who doesnt have the mentality to play pro ball?

asmitty45
11-28-2007, 11:36 AM
3rd for now, but he's a physical freak and will probably jump way up with a good combine

etk
11-28-2007, 11:46 AM
So your willing to throw away a second round pick on a guy who doesnt have the mentality to play pro ball?

He had personal issues and left the football team for a year. You do realize that some guys have lives outside of football. If I interviewed Blake and got the vibe that he wanted to play pro and work hard at it, I'd draft him in a heartbeat. From what I've read in this thread, it appears that he is taking it seriously and therefore he does have the mentality to play pro ball. Drafting a talent like Tommy Blake is never throwing away a pick.

Bobo
11-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Drafting a talent like Tommy Blake is never throwing away a pick.

But it could be a risk.

Take a man like Wallace Gilberry. Plays like a monster, shows heart. I'd take him.

Of course, I could be wrong :)

D-Unit
11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
I think he'll be drafted in or after Round 4. Just a hunch.

Turtlepower
11-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Tony Dungy may make a reach for him due to both of their religious backgrounds. No real reason why, but just a hunch. =D

SuperKevin
11-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Anyone else getting kind of a Demetrius Underwood vibe from him? Immensely talented guy who can't handle the pressure of professional football. Hopefully he's not a nutjob like Underwood though

Mr. Stiller
11-28-2007, 03:27 PM
But it could be a risk.

Take a man like Wallace Gilberry. Plays like a monster, shows heart. I'd take him.

Of course, I could be wrong :)

I wouldn't like Wallace Gilberry on the Weakside of a 3-4 at OLB.

DeathbyStat
11-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Anyone else getting kind of a Demetrius Underwood vibe from him? Immensely talented guy who can't handle the pressure of professional football. Hopefully he's not a nutjob like Underwood though

That is what i think

Macarthur
11-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm in Ft. Worth and I was told he is bi-polar and either got off his medication or it got out of whack. With his medication in order, there is no problem what so ever.

He's definately a 1st round talent.

Bobo
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't like Wallace Gilberry on the Weakside of a 3-4 at OLB.

Not sure if you're trying to allude to something. London is a Titans fan, as am I. So I'd like him as a 4-3 DE.

PACKmanN
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
a team will reach for him because of a huge need and take him in the second round.

BroadwayJoe10
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm in Ft. Worth and I was told he is bi-polar and either got off his medication or it got out of whack. With his medication in order, there is no problem what so ever.

He's definately a 1st round talent.

Really? I just thought it was more personal/religious/couldn't take the pressure types of things, I didn't know it was an actual medical condition. I never doubted his talent, I just thought he had some issues. But, if it's medical that is a different ball game then it just being nerves.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-28-2007, 08:52 PM
If Marcus Thomas can be a 4th rounder, I don't why Blake would be picked after that.

etk
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
If Marcus Thomas can be a 4th rounder, I don't why Blake would be picked after that.

Marcus Thomas had plenty of talent in his own right. He's played pretty well this year from what I've seen, too.

I like Gilberry as a 4-3 LDE, good mention.

stl9erfan
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
He and the Reverend Mike Singletary might get along well in SF-- or at least I can hope :)