PDA

View Full Version : All-American team

Solomon
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Just for fun, my picks for the All-American team. Feel free to diagree and debate but it's just my opinion. I'm interested in seeing how this team looks in comparison to the other teams that will start to pop up soon. In a college year which was so topsy turvy I think it's fitting that only one team has more than a single representive on the team (Kansas with two).

OFFENSE

QB - Tim Tebow, Florida (51 TDs to 6 turnovers)
RB - Darren McFadden, Arkansas (best player in country)
RB - Kevin Smith, UCF (more yards and TDs than Matt Forte who also got serious consideration)
WR - Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech(best freshman WR ever?)
WR - Jordy Nelson, Kansas State (ridiculous numbers and very consistant despite not being in a good offensive situation)
TE - Travis Beckum, Wisconsin (Martin Rucker had 2 more catches and 2 more TDs but Beckum had 200 more recieving yards and was more important to his team)

OL - Jake Long, Michigan (best lineman in the country)
OL - Ryan Stanchek, WVU (underrated but anchors the young WVU line that has really come on late in the year)
C - Alex Mack, Cal (smart, consistant and very effective)
OL - George Duke Robinson, Oklahoma (absolute road grader)
OL - Anthony Collins, Kansas (has helped Kansas be an offensive powerhouse this year)

DEFENSE

DL - George Selvie, USF (his team trailed off after a fast start but he still racked up 31.5 TFL on the year)
DL - Glenn Dorsey, LSU (powerful clog in the middle of the LSU defence)
DL - Sedrick Ellis, Southern California (best penetrating DT in the nation)
DL - Chris Long, Virginia (75 tackles, 14 sacks and 19 TFL in a defensive scheme which should be a hindrance to big stats)

LB - Jordan Dizon, Colorado (all over the field for Buffaloes, leads nation in tackles)
LB - Dan Connor, PSU (136 tackles, 14 TFL, 6.5 sacks)
LB - J Leman, Illinois (consistant, very impressive on film, might not be a standout NFL prospect but always in the right spot)

DB - Aquib Talib, Kansas (physical corner that came up with big plays for Jayhawks, 4 ints and 17 pass break ups)
DB - Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State (best shutdown corner in college)
DB - Antoine Cason, Arizona (5 picks and has improved on his consistancy from last year)
DB - William Moore, Missouri (first in Big 12 in interceptions with 7 and second on team in tackles with 89)

SPECIAL TEAMS

K - Thomas Webber, Arizona State (despite being a freshman, has only missed one FG and has a long of 53)
P - Durant Brooks, Georgia Tech (others have a higher punt avg than his very impressive 45.5 but nobody comes close to his 30 punts pinned inside the 20)

aheineken
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Nice job. I really don't think I would change much, except maybe Donnie Avery over Jordy Nelson just to satisfy my C-USA bias. I'd also consider Chase Daniel over Tebow.

VoteLynnSwan
11-28-2007, 05:45 PM
come on man... Daniel had a great year, but Tebow has done something no other player in NCAA history has done...