PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin Rumors

Komp
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
My buddy and fellow Raider fan just said there was an article saying Lane Kiffin is interested in the open coaching position at Arkansas? Anyone else hear this or is it just bs, I don't see a coach giving up already after 1 year.

11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
na its bs this is kinda like those gruden to ND rumors a few years back

bearsfan_51
11-28-2007, 06:59 PM
My buddy and fellow Raider fan just said there was an article saying Lane Kiffin is interested in the open coaching position at Arkansas? Anyone else hear this or is it just bs, I don't see a coach giving up already after 1 year.

This was talked about in the college coaching thread. Sadly I'm not sure it would really qualify as giving up, as the Arkansas job could be considered a jump in the coaching ranks. It's arguably come to the point that mediocre college jobs are more enticing than being coach of the Raiders. They pay about the same, there's infinitely more job security, and you don't have to worry about Al Davis messing with your personal decisions.

Komp
11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Yah I do understand that some coaches would rather deal with students than pro athletes and the job security is likely a big sell. I'm just surprised he'd leave after one year, but maybe he does not like the pro game. It would be unfortunate as I like Kiffin.

bearsfan_51
11-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Yah I do understand that some coaches would rather deal with students than pro athletes and the job security is likely a big sell. I'm just surprised he'd leave after one year, but maybe he does not like the pro game. It would be unfortunate as I like Kiffin.
There's a difference between not wanting to be a pro coach and not wanting to be the coach of the Raiders. Numerous coaches have turned down the Raiders jobs in the hope of getting an NFL coaching job elsewhere. It wouldn't suprised me if Kiffin took the job to raise his public profile with the hopes of moving elsewhere.

Windy
11-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Kiffin denied it today. With Kiffin being a former college coach, he will get a lot of rumors. Jerry McDonald has a good blog update today regarding the situation. I remember the ESPN story that said Gruden was on a Jet headed for Columbus even though he was still in the Bay Area buying a Guitar for his son.

NIN1984
11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm pretty sure he will coach the Raiders next season and I'm sure we will hear rumors like this every year.

portermvp84
11-29-2007, 10:14 AM
I hope he stays, he's not a bad young coach. I would give him a year or two and i think he could turn around program.