PDA

View Full Version : How Good is Derrick Harvey?

JT Jag
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
I haven't been able to see much Gator football, but I'm a Jaguars fan and a lot of people are forecasting Harvey to the Jags.

I looked up his statistics, and it seems like his pass rushing numbers have slumped some this year.

To anyone who has seen a few Gators games: Is he just having a good-not-great year, or is he still performing very well and the statistical dropoff is due to double and triple-teams up the yingyang?

D-Unit
11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Overrated... along with Calais Campbell. Scouts will like his measurables. Bust waiting to happen.

WildDude
I would say hes pretty much been a bust throughout his college carrer i mean 33 sacks his senior year at high school but his stock was at an all time high after last years bowl game destroying Troy Smith now? hes a borderline 1st

Don Vito
When we played Florida he played well but only when he was lined up against out second string RT. He did nothing against Mike Oher, who is the only tackle on our team who is an NFL prospect. He probably will be a first rounder, but I think his best shot in the NFL is as a 3-4 OLB or either end spot in a tampa 2.

11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
i agree hes certainly a 3-4 OLB. i think another season in gainesville would be beneficial but if he opts out hes a mid-to-late first rounder.

Vikes99ej
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Not as good as Vernon Gholston.

JT Jag
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Not as good as Vernon Gholston.I've done more thorough research on Gholston. I really like him as a weakside defensive end in a 4-3 who could occasionally drop back in coverage when the team zone-blitzes.

Mr. Stiller
11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I think Harvey's struggles are attributed to the fact he lost 4 DL from last years team.

When you have a 1st, 2nd and 2-4th round players on your DL next to you, you have a solid core.

He lost:

Everett, Nelson, Moss, Cohen, McDonald and Thomas.

I think he could be a solid OLB, but I agree Gholston is Better. I'm liking Titus Brown a lot as well.

A guy to watch out for though is Philip Merling.

TitanHope
11-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't like him much at all. If it wasn't for his monster National Championship performance last year, he wouldn't be very hyped at all unless you were just really into him. I'm thinking he'll drop into the 2nd RD. Cover 2 RE or 3-4 OLB in the pros.

yourfavestoner
11-30-2007, 12:23 AM
He'll drop out of the first.

BroadwayJoe10
11-30-2007, 12:35 AM
I also think he will fall outta the first, but I think thats more of a prop to the depth of talent in this draft as opposed to a knock against his talent. I am real excited for this years combine.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
He's no Vernon Gholston.

Edit: Damn you making this joke before me.