PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Lowery - CB - San Jose State

Green Bay Scat
11-29-2007, 11:56 PM
edited post

etk
11-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the info. If that is true, and Lowery is up to 195 with his speed unchanged, he will elevate his stock. I can't see a player with that kind of production, skill and measurables last past Day 1 (rounds 1/2).

Green Bay Scat
11-30-2007, 12:05 AM
but isnt an eclipse something that happens rarely? i think its more the fact he Covers the wr like the moon covers the sun. well its better than peanut like the other corners nickname.

bored of education
11-30-2007, 12:13 AM
You read my mind, i completely forgot about this guy. i don't know why. about 3 months ago i had him approx 3-4 on my cb list. dont know hy he was left of it lately. he is a gamer, i have to look over some more notes i have on him to give some more details of what i have seen in games. i remember him being impressive against Hawaii and decent against K State. I readthe all american list this morning and slapped myself for forgetting this guy

Jordy nelson 6 receptions 82 yards lol against SJSU

d34ng3l021
11-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Hes a real ballhawk. I watched him play against UC Davis. He was everywhere. I dont know how well he is in man to man coverage though.

KCJ58
11-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Dwight Lowery can be a 2nd round pick IMO he's got the talent just needs to do well in the Senior Bowl and Combine

junior2430
11-30-2007, 12:54 AM
He's definitely the real deal. Really impressed me in The New Mexico Bowl last year.

Turtlepower
11-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Very overrated. He tries to get too many interceptions and doesn't play man with his receiver very well. I see him as nothing more than a nickleback in the NFL and any team to draft him earlier than late third is wasting a pick.

Green Bay Scat
11-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Very overrated. He tries to get too many interceptions and doesn't play man with his receiver very well. I see him as nothing more than a nickleback in the NFL and any team to draft him earlier than late third is wasting a pick.

ill relay this to him and see what he says. thanks for that semi info. I dont understand how he can be very overrated when hes already being projected as a 3rd-4th rounder. or is it that you dont like the fact that hes an Arizona native playin well at another college? You say he doesnt play man, can u give me a situation? we dont always know if he plays man, what if its a man/zone defense? However he isnt much of a tackler, i will give you that and he says he goes for the big play more than he should, but wouldnt u want to have your CB do that? would ur rather have your CB have 11 pass deflects or 11 INTs? im just saying taking risks for picks are going to put you in akward positions. but if you want to give me more indepth insite, i can relay this to him directly.

D-Unit
11-30-2007, 01:32 AM
I thought he was overrated until the Hawaii game. Turns out, he's pretty good. Not great, but good.

Green Bay Scat
11-30-2007, 01:34 AM
I thought he was overrated until the Hawaii game. Turns out, he's pretty good. Not great, but good.

what did you like, and what didnt you like? please id like some info. Although he probably knows what he does wrong, if i tell him this on a broader scale, he might work at fixing these mistakes. please explain how he would need to be great, keep in mind he already said he isnt a great tackler for his size.

Turtlepower
11-30-2007, 01:35 AM
ill relay this to him and see what he says. thanks for that semi info. I dont understand how he can be very overrated when hes already being projected as a 3rd-4th rounder. or is it that you dont like the fact that hes an Arizona native playin well at another college? You say he doesnt play man, can u give me a situation? we dont always know if he plays man, what if its a man/zone defense? However he isnt much of a tackler, i will give you that and he says he goes for the big play more than he should, but wouldnt u want to have your CB do that? would ur rather have your CB have 11 pass deflects or 11 INTs? im just saying taking risks for picks are going to put you in akward positions. but if you want to give me more indepth insite, i can relay this to him directly.

There are a lot of people who have been projecting him to the second round and saying he is a sleeper in the draft. From the 2 games I saw of him (Hawaii and Arizona State), he was completely manhandled. I know we have two prolific pass offenses, but he shouldn't be able to boost his stats on lesser opponents and then claim to be able to jump in competition levels. To his credit, he wasn't horrible during the Hawaii game, but he completely showed how he tries too much to get an INT when he let the football fly right through his hands to a receiver in the end zone. Maybe I haven't seen enough tape on him to give him a better evaluation, but from what I see he will never be a starting corner in the league.

Green Bay Scat
11-30-2007, 01:38 AM
There are a lot of people who have been projecting him to the second round and saying he is a sleeper in the draft. From the 2 games I saw of him (Hawaii and Arizona State), he was completely manhandled. I know we have two prolific pass offenses, but he shouldn't be able to boost his stats on lesser opponents and then claim to be able to jump in competition levels. To his credit, he wasn't horrible during the Hawaii game, but he completely showed how he tries too much to get an INT when he let the football fly right through his hands to a receiver in the end zone. Maybe I haven't seen enough tape on him to give him a better evaluation, but from what I see he will never be a starting corner in the league.

you still didnt really explain something. does he turn his hips too quick or does he give too much of a cusion. does he not time his jumps right or isnt in possition to int or knock down a ball. from what you said, it seems ur knocking him cause he messed up and had the ball go threw his hands, not as much as he just blew his coverage assignment. remember this isnt going on deaf ears, this will be relayed directly to Dwight. I dont want to sound dick and i dont watch many games other than Vandy, so please expalin more.

Turtlepower
11-30-2007, 01:50 AM
you still didnt really explain something. does he turn his hips too quick or does he give too much of a cusion. does he not time his jumps right or isnt in possition to int or knock down a ball. from what you said, it seems ur knocking him cause he messed up and had the ball go threw his hands, not as much as he just blew his coverage assignment. remember this isnt going on deaf ears, this will be relayed directly to Dwight. I dont want to sound dick and i dont watch many games other than Vandy, so please expalin more.

I say this first, I'm not an expert by any means. But what I have seen of him is that he jumps routes a little too early and that could hurt him against more experienced receivers at the next level. He does have very good top-end speed and he actually could be a mighty fine KR/PR in the future. I'm just worried that he might be too much of a hawk, I guess I don't have anything technique to knock him on because I don't know enough about CB technique. If SJSU plays a lot of zone, then it is my fault for reading him wrong with him jumping routes, but if they play a good deal of man, then I believe that he is a little to quick to get at the ball. Hey, I'm just a guy who posts here for fun and states my opinion. I could be completely wrong about Lowery and he could end up being a steal. I'm no expert by any means.

princefielder28
11-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I am a fan of Lowery; maybe Green Bay can add to their collection of San Jose State players

Travis 24
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Lowery doesn't look like he'll run better than a mid 4.5 from when I've watched him...He's really not that fast, but he has arguably the best instincts and ball skills of any corner in the draft...and what I think is the best fit of any corner for the cover 2...so don't be surprised to see Tampa Bay grab him, or make a move for him early on..

TACKLE
11-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I think he may have the ability and production to be a 1st rounder but I think his lack of experience against top-caliber recievers will hurt his stock a little. Can't see him getting past round 2.

neko4
11-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Davone Bess and Jason Rivers aint bad
Boise St has good but certainly not top caliber recievers.
If anyone follows the WAC really well could tell me how pass dominate they are. Outside of Hawaii how many other teams are pass heavy?

Travis 24
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Davone Bess and Jason Rivers aint bad
Boise St has good but certainly not top caliber recievers.
If anyone follows the WAC really well could tell me how pass dominate they are. Outside of Hawaii how many other teams are pass heavy?

Only really Hawaii, New Mexico State and San Jose State are pass-heavy offenses...NMSU threw it around 600 times..which is more than Hawaii..

TitanHope
12-01-2007, 12:17 AM
At the beginning of the season, my 3 favorite players going into the season were Adarius Bowman, Calais Campbell and...Dwight Lowery. I saw San Jose St.'s bowl game last year, and really liked him. In my last mock, I had him going to the Detroit Lions in the 2nd RD. But if what you say is right, he's worthy of being taken higher. I don't think he's overrated at all, and the only argument you could make against him is that he's not "10 INT's good," which is a load of you know what. I'm also really intrigued that he's electing to go to the Shriner's game over the Senior Bowl. If he performs well at the Senior Bowl and Combine, then he's sitting pretty. If he does well at the Shriner's game and Combine, then he's good but not as good as the first scenario. Not to mention, the critics wouldn't be able to say that he's padded his stats with inferior competition if he performs at the Senior Bowl. I think the edge of having a few more weeks to prepare for the combine is lesser than a good Senior Bowl showing.

junior2430
12-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Senior Bowl practices are more important that a few weeks of training for the combine.

12-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Senior Bowl practices are more important that a few weeks of training for the combine.

you can impress in the senior bowl but the combine is where you make the $$$$$

etk
12-01-2007, 02:01 PM

That may be true for certain positions like OL, QB & DL, but CBs make their $$$ at the combine like 619 said. How many times have we seen lousy college corners move up to the 1st with a good 40 and other drills? What about guys like Daymeion Hughes who rip up the NCAA but run a disappointing time and drop in the draft? Right now we have about a dozen solid corners all stuck in a pack, and the combine will be what most likely separates them. Speed kills and that's what pro scouts like, so I think Lowery is making a good decision to prove his athleticism and let his tape do the rest of the talking.

Green Bay Scat
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM
False Info

etk
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Ignore this post

PTPaQ
12-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Lowery could end up the best CB from this draft. He and Malcom Jenkins were my favorite Corners coming into the season, and his performance in the Hawaii game was something special.

I do think he could be an even bigger playmaker at Safety in the NFL.

bigboiajhawk
12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
All i gotta say is James jones, a rookie for the Packers, came from San jose State, and I'm guessing this guy covered him in practice, and James Jones is the 2nd best rookie receiver. So i feel that this guy has to pretty good. I dont know much about him, he could end up being a steal like James Jones was.