PDA

View Full Version : Here Goes Nothing....

king2am
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Ok fellas. Take it easy on me the first time around. Some higher caliber guys fell a little farther in mine than in others, and I might not have gone for need in a lot of cases.

With that said:

Miami Dolphins:Glenn Dorsey, Dolphins won't let this guy go past the 1st pick, has too much to offer as an impact player.

St. Louis Rams; Jake Long, Even before the injuries this year, the Rams could have used some help along the line. Long makes Bulger, Jackson, and co. very happy.

New York Jets: Darren McFadden, Jamarcus Russell and Darren McFadden could form one of the most dangerous offenses in the game. They didn't take Peterson, and won't make the same mistake twice.

New England Patriots (from San Fran): Vernon Gholston, Does it even matter with these guys? Gholston could be moved around just about anywhere inside that Patriots scheme.

Oakland Raiders: Chris Long, Ironic? Maybe. But he's a high character, high motor type of player who could make a difference on that Oakland Defense.

Atlanta Falcons: Brian Brohm, I'm still not sure on this one but it seems to be the best bet right now.

Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Loadholt, Someone has to get that O-line going again, and it might as well be this big mamma jamma.

Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis, A good character guy? Check. Impact Defensive player? Check. Any other option here? Nope.

Carolina Panthers: James Laurinitis, He'll be the week in, week out player that Dan Morgan couldn't be.

Baltimore Ravens: Andre Woodson, I could also see OT or CB here but if they're gonna clean house I would imagine it starts under center.

Washington Redskins: Calais Campbell, Team up with Andre Carter to form a pretty wicked edge rush in Washington.

Philadelphia Eagles: Desean Jackson, It's not in their DNA to go after a WR but if they expect Kolb to succeed they better give him someone other than Brian Westbrook to throw to.

New Orleans Saints: Malcom Jenkins, Could easily go much earlier than this, but if he doesn't this is where he goes. David wasn't the answer, and it would give the Saints three solid corners.

Minnesota Vikings: Matt Ryan, It's going to be either Woodson or Ryan here, depending on the preferences of Baltimore. Either way, the quarterback situation has to be addressed or soon, we'll see teams figuring out a way to stop Peterson just like their stopping LT.

Houston Texans: Ryan Clady, Finally? Is this gonna be the beginning of the end of Houston's problems up front? They sure hope so.

Denver Broncos: Dan Connor, Kick Williams back to OLB and let him make plays off the edge and in coverage. And let the Rook man the the middle and get every stop.

Chicago Bears: Gosder Cherilus, Personally I would like to see them get aggressive and move up to grab a REAL quarterback. Unfortunately that probably won't happen, so I say get it going in the trenches.

Buffalo Bills: Kenny Phillips, I didn't really want to give Buffalo a WR, although it probably makes more sense here. However, I like the idea of Whitner and Phillips coming down hill to make plays.

Arizona Cardinals: Frank Okam, Too tall to play the NT in the 3-4 that Zona is trying to get to? Maybe. But he's also a stud who would demand double teams, and with some coaching on his technique, I think he'd work out well.

Tennessee Titans: Limas Sweed, Big target for Vince to get the ball to, he'll go up and get it.

San Diego Chargers: Keith Rivers, I had no idea. I expect to get ripped on a couple of these picks, and this is one of them. I just don't see a need.

Detroit Lions: Sam Baker, Baker or Oher, it doesn't matter as long as the Lions make an effort to make sure Kitna doesn't actually die on the field.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Adarius Bowman, Hilliard has played solid this year, and Galloway is still the man. But there will come a time, in the near future, when Galloway can't defy the aging process any longer, and Bowman will be their guy.

Seattle Seahawks: Jonathon Stewart, Shaun Alexander has fallen off the face of the earth. I like Morris but I like Stewart better.

New York Giants: Derrick Harvey, Strahan can't play forever, and they'll want to keep the bite in their pass rush alive; Harvey keeps it going.

Dallas Cowboys(from Cleveland): Early Doucet, They're not getting any younger out there for Romo, so they take Doucet and groom him.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Michael Oher, I don't care who's coaching, or what style offense they're running. Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and in the fourth quarter they want the big uglies to lean on you.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Malcom Kelly, Maybe they'll get it right with a WR for once.

San Francisco (from Indianapolis): Reggie Smith, Groves makes a ton of sense but the Niner fan in me is clinging to hope that they sign Suggs in the offseason. If that's the case, Smith playing overtop Harris and Clements makes me feel better about playing Arizona.

Green Bay Packers: Aqib Talib, Charles Woodson has been playing some of his best football this season. And I think that Al Harris is 1b, if Champ Bailey is 1a. With that said, they aren't getting any younger up in Green Bay, Ryan Grant is the man at RB, they have a plethora of WR's, and everywhere else on the Defense looks good.

Dallas Cowboys: Quentin Groves, I didn't know where else to go with this, and if you're running the 3-4 you can't ever have enough guys to get after the passer.

Vikes99ej
11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Decent Vikings pick. Right now I'm not seeing us go the QB route in the draft so much.

princefielder28
11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Solid Green Bay selection

fenikz
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Terrible Cardinals pick, we have drafted two good NTs in the past two drafts (Watson & Branch) and both of them have been huge steals at the spots they were selected, Our biggest needs are CB, 3-4 OLB, and O-Line Depth

So give us Derrick Harvey, Antoine Cason or Mike Jenkins there

USAF Chief
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
GREAT KC pick, love Loadholt and I think he would be a perfect pick if he does declare as a Junior. He has ties to the area having gone to a community college in Kansas before being picked up by LSU/OU.

SuperMcGee
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
It's still Ko Simpson's job in Buffalo, I'd have to say we won't go for a safety. Too many actual needs to even think about that.

Jakey
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Not a bad effort for your 1st attempt...like the Steelers pick, but i would prefer Otah or Williams (just a personal preference)

derza222
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't see any problem with McFadden to the Jets, but you explained it like the Jets are the Raiders. NY didn't pass on AD and doesn't have JaMarcus...

RaiderNation
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
New York Jets: Darren McFadden, Jamarcus Russell and Darren McFadden could form one of the most dangerous offenses in the game. They didn't take Peterson, and won't make the same mistake twice.

Oakland Raiders: Chris Long, Ironic? Maybe. But he's a high character, high motor type of player who could make a difference on that Oakland Defense.

what r u smoking?

Babylon
11-30-2007, 02:01 PM
what r u smoking?

Dont complain, you get McFadden and Long both, and who said Al Davis couldnt draft.

Bills2083
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM
We already have Ko Simpson at the other Safety position. WR is a much bigger need, and we should go with Malcolm Kelly or Bowman there.

king2am
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Sorry Raiders, I got caught up in thinking they'd get McFadden.

scottyboy
11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
ehh Giants have Justin Tuck who can clearly step in and play when Stray retires. I'm all for a pass rusher, but taking one over Reggie Smith? dont think so

TitanHope
11-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Limas Sweed, and WR in general, is always solid for the Titans. My choice would be Malcolm Kelly there, but thats just personal preferrence. Solid pick.

BaLLiN
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Derrick Harvey doesn't make sense for giants, he is a 4-3 end, but we have Osi, Tuck, Strahan and Mathias Kiwanuka on 3rd and long.

What we really need is a cover safety or another cornerback, Reggie Smith could provide both, a playmaker in the secondary, and possibly return kicks and punts.

Crazy_Chris
11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Good Vikings Pick... Id rather see Kenny Phillips though.

thebow305
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
the Dorsey to MIA pick to miami is ok... but I have a hard time believing they will give number one pick money to a DT. a trade down would be best and i hope thats what they ultimately end up doing

Yung Flippa
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Good Ravens pick, but I think they would think pretty hard about getting Malcom Jenkins, that kid is really something.