PDA

View Full Version : Jarret Bush = Ahmad Carroll

bigboiajhawk
11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
This is for everyone who said Jarrett Bush was improving and getting better. Jarrett Bush is terrible in coverage, and reminds me a lot of Ahmad Carroll with how he has to put his hands on someone when he gets beat all the time. Tramon Williams is better than Bush and should be the nickel corner, I am sick of Bush playing and getting torched on every deep post and fly route. Not only did Bush look ridiculous in the Dallas game, but in just about every game, he has looked terrible. Bring on Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon

Whistler6
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
He got burned by Anthony Fasano...The Cowboys BACK UP Tight End

Hawk
11-30-2007, 03:23 PM
This is funny cause that's exactly who he reminded me of watching last nights game. It was a nightmare.

NickCollins36
11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
hes like ahmad carroll
but carroll at least got the pass interference call 90 pct of the time
gotta love him...

Twiddler
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
He's not on Caroll's level. If you think about it, it almost takes significant talent to be on Ahmad "could get a pass interference call on kick coverage" Carroll's level. There will never be another...

Green Bay Scat
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
He got burned by Anthony Fasano...The Cowboys BACK UP Tight End

its kinda hard to get burned when ur in zone...or did you not notice that? they seem to run a lot of cover 2 and the middle was open a lot. Also we paid Carroll a lot of money to **** up, but Bush is a UDFA. also that one were he got PI, if u look u can see the WR pull him and that make Bush stumble and that then cause PI, it wasnt his fault along with Williams, that PI was ********.

LonghornsLegend
11-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I still think Bush would have to screw up for alot more games to be considered the same or worse as Carroll, Carroll is the worst db the nfl has seen in some time, and he had alot invested in him...

on a side note, not sure if many of you guys knew Michael Hawkins, he was a 5th rd draft pick in the 2005 draft at db and he came from OU, really surprised he was cut as I thought he could of been solid for you guys in the future

jackalope
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
I see the comparison, but Jarret Bush was an UDFA with little expectations. Carroll was a 1st round pick.

PACKmanN
12-01-2007, 12:06 AM
at least TT wasnt dumb to spend a 1st round pick on this guy. BTW is both Bigby and this guy cut yet?

neko4
12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I still think Bush would have to screw up for alot more games to be considered the same or worse as Carroll, Carroll is the worst db the nfl has seen in some time, and he had alot invested in him...

on a side note, not sure if many of you guys knew Michael Hawkins, he was a 5th rd draft pick in the 2005 draft at db and he came from OU, really surprised he was cut as I thought he could of been solid for you guys in the future

I like Hawkins alot too, but i guess he never panned out. Wasnt there some controvesy about him?

NickCollins36
12-01-2007, 12:31 AM
carroll...i remember teams would just throw it down field deep to whoever carroll was covering and it was like automatic pass interference
and if the team didnt throw his way it was illegal hands to the face
wat a waste of a a first round pick :(

Gatz
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
at least TT wasnt dumb to spend a 1st round pick on this guy. BTW is both Bigby and this guy cut yet?Bigby is frustrating but he's not that bad. at least not yet.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Romo had forever to throw on the Fasano TD, like most of the night, and he just threw it up, I mean Fasano has got ove 6 inches of height and 50 pounds on him, really he is supposed to catch that, especially when there is no safety help.

LonghornsLegend
12-01-2007, 03:35 AM
I like Hawkins alot too, but i guess he never panned out. Wasnt there some controvesy about him?

there was at OU, he was kicked off the team and played for the dallas desperados before he was drafted, im not sure how things went fully when he was in Green Bay...he had alot of talent though, was the #1 HS corner in Texas in 2002 and a 5 star recruit, was hoping he panned out for you guys..

princefielder28
12-01-2007, 10:18 AM
its kinda hard to get burned when ur in zone...or did you not notice that? they seem to run a lot of cover 2 and the middle was open a lot. Also we paid Carroll a lot of money to **** up, but Bush is a UDFA. also that one were he got PI, if u look u can see the WR pull him and that make Bush stumble and that then cause PI, it wasnt his fault along with Williams, that PI was ********.

Don't support his sorry ass; from the beginning Bush and Bigby have been piles of **** who can't play pass defense at all and make way too many mental errors

PACKmanN
12-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Bigby is frustrating but he's not that bad. at least not yet.

oh he beyond bad, why on earth would you grab someone face mask when the guy is being tackled by 2 other players?!?!

M.O.T.H.
12-01-2007, 01:46 PM
No bashing Fasano...kid's got talent. He could be star in this league one day.

The Legend
12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
No bashing Fasano...kid's got talent. He could be star in this league one day.

this is very true, but i dont see how you can compare them to be honest

one we spent a 1st round on the other we spent nothing on, but Jarrett Bush play great ST and that is why hes on this team and that why he is a team captin, hes not on this team to play corner its just that we are so thin in our cb core that we have to play him i belive next when we draft a corner he will become 5th on the depth chart behind the rookie and blackmon. thou that should be good cause then he will be freash for ST

but i belive we have alot of questions marks to be honest

Nick Collins - Will He Ever Be A Pro Bowler?
Aaron Rouse - Does 2 INT Make Him Our Future?
Atari Bigby - Will He Even Start For Us Next Year
Will Blackmon - We He Ever Pan Out Or Be Healty?

PS: for the rest of my life i will be shock we took Ahmad Carroll over Chris Gamble

Justin Harrell over
CB: Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, Chris Houston, Eric Wright, Josh Wilson,
SS: Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson, Brandon Meriweather, Eric Weddle
TE: Greg Olson, Zack Miller
LB: Jonathan Beason, Paul Posluszny, David Harris, Justin Durant

I really hope this kid pan's out because we took him over alot of good players that were our huge need

Empire
12-01-2007, 04:01 PM
The wikipedia entry on Ahmad Carrol cracks me up:

In the NFL, Carroll is known around the league by the nicknames "Grabby Smurf," for his tendency to commit illegal contact penalties, and also by the name "Highway 28," in the sense that opposing receivers speed past him into the end zone.

* 34 games played with the Green Bay Packers
* 28 games in which Carroll started
* 33 total penalty flags thrown against Carroll
* 26 penalties called for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding
* 256 penalty yards enforced as a result of 24 infractions that were not declined or offset by another penalty
* 11 touchdowns Carroll allowed in coverage
* 3 interceptions by Carroll

But no, Jarret Bush, while god awful, is no where near as bad as Ahmad Carroll. Ahmad Carroll could get burnt by an old lady in a wheelchair.

Geo
12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
LOL, that's hilarious. Grabby Smurf and Highway 28, priceless.

johbur
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
This is for everyone who said Jarrett Bush was improving and getting better. Jarrett Bush is terrible in coverage, and reminds me a lot of Ahmad Carroll with how he has to put his hands on someone when he gets beat all the time. Tramon Williams is better than Bush and should be the nickel corner, I am sick of Bush playing and getting torched on every deep post and fly route. Not only did Bush look ridiculous in the Dallas game, but in just about every game, he has looked terrible. Bring on Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon

Jarrett Bush reminds me of what he is, a CB not good enough to get drafted. Carroll was far worse. Bush works hard and doesn't run his mouth. He's just not that good. He's a special teamer at best. Carroll had superior physical speed, but the mental capability and stature of a chihuahua.

krebstar2000
02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I have seen Bush as a cancer all year I've never liked him and I wish he would have been let go long ago, but all this Bigby bashing is unbelievable, this is the first time he has been given the freedom, and it took a little time to learn but the play of him at the end of the season is unbelievable. He was one of the main factors the Pack won the Seatle game, and seeing his understanding of the position each week makes me think he will be a probowler in years to come. He hits harder and better than most safteys in the league today and you have to allow him the learning curve he had in the beginning of the season even thoug I saw him to be a best!

princefielder28
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I have seen Bush as a cancer all year I've never liked him and I wish he would have been let go long ago, but all this Bigby bashing is unbelievable, this is the first time he has been given the freedom, and it took a little time to learn but the play of him at the end of the season is unbelievable. He was one of the main factors the Pack won the Seatle game, and seeing his understanding of the position each week makes me think he will be a probowler in years to come. He hits harder and better than most safteys in the league today and you have to allow him the learning curve he had in the beginning of the season even thoug I saw him to be a best!

this thread was made sooooooo long ago and yes bigby is a different player

mqtirishfan
02-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Bush does not remotely remind me of Carroll. Carroll was a PI penalty waiting to happen, and god-awful at the game of football, but possibly one of the best athletes on the team. Bush is a guy who isn't really fast, and is just not good enough to be on the field in anything but dime situations. I think he can make enough plays to be the 4th corner on a team, but nothing more.

Jim Jim
02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Jarett Bush is a okay player. He doesn't really offer much than maybe a stopgap special teamer. Bush doesn't have starting potential as a lot of people were saying and is simply not good enough for people to think he could ever handle a starting position for us.

umphrey
02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Blackmon and Williams are both better, and who cares about our 5th best corner

bigboiajhawk
08-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Jarrett Bush played great against the 49ers. God i hope he gets cut.

PackerLegend
08-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Alot of people wanted Bibgy cut when this thread was started.... Anyways yes please cut Bush hes awful... I was hoping he would continue to mess up after all hope was lost for the win, so the coaches realize hes garbage.

PACKmanN
08-19-2008, 01:16 AM
man this guy can never stay good, every other game you see this guy get burned. Cut him, now.

TitleTown088
08-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Who the hell thinks Bush is improving? He's garbage and I think everyone who watches him play has known this for sometime.

johbur
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Bush is a UDFA and doesn't commit the penalties. Tramon Williams against Denver reminded me more of Ahmad Carroll. Big penalty followed up by getting burnt on a TD pass the next play. Thankfully, I think for Tramon that was the exception versus the rule like it was with Ahmad.

Bush is a good special teamer and he can be the dime back going against their 4th or 5th WR. He's not great, but I didn't see him miss his assignements. He's just not fast enough or athletic enough. A good guy to fill a roster until Lee learns the game, especially if he can cover safety at all while guys are injured. Williams, Blackmon and Lee are a nice grouping to eventually take over and then Lee and Blackmon will be the starters after Harris and C-Wood are ready to retire.

PackerLegend
08-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Bush is a UDFA and doesn't commit the penalties. Tramon Williams against Denver reminded me more of Ahmad Carroll. Big penalty followed up by getting burnt on a TD pass the next play. Thankfully, I think for Tramon that was the exception versus the rule like it was with Ahmad.

Bush is a good special teamer and he can be the dime back going against their 4th or 5th WR. He's not great, but I didn't see him miss his assignements. He's just not fast enough or athletic enough. A good guy to fill a roster until Lee learns the game, especially if he can cover safety at all while guys are injured. Williams, Blackmon and Lee are a nice grouping to eventually take over and then Lee and Blackmon will be the starters after Harris and C-Wood are ready to retire.

Ummm im pretty sure Bush got atleast 2 15 yarders against the 49ers and got burnt up and down the field. He isnt that great of a special teamer and Bush is being moved to safety... why? because he sucks he better be cut.

Favre4ever
08-28-2008, 11:27 AM

Tramon was right there on the brandon Marshall TD and it can even be argued that there was an offensive pass interference on the play with Marshall's little shove at the last second...

sirvasa70
08-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Bush is terrible. The only reason he's around is because he can play CB and safety. I think once Peprah gets healthy and we figure out what we'll do with a possible addition of a veteran QB and long snapper that Bush will be gone.

At least Williams is valuable in the return game plus IMO he's shown a little more ability at CB. Yes he got lit up at Denver but its not like he's going to be covering Brandon Marshall all season. He'd be the nickleback at best.

AtariBigby
01-04-2009, 08:40 AM
TheLegend, I wish you were making our 1st round pick in 2007.

You know, you guys were right, and sometimes I'd rather have some of you fans making personnel decisions over Thompson and McCarthy. Yes sometimes.

Not always, but clearly you guys would have gotten rid of Bush 2 years ago already, and his punt mishap against the Bears would not have happened, and this would not have happened in the last 2 minutes of the tied NFC Title game last year: This is too wide for me to insert here, it will be 3 times wider than your frame width, so just click it and resize to see it.
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/GorillaNationUSA/fumble_filmstip.jpg

neko4
01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
TheLegend, I wish you were making our 1st round pick in 2007.

You know, you guys were right, and sometimes I'd rather have some of you fans making personnel decisions over Thompson and McCarthy. Yes sometimes.

Not always, but clearly you guys would have gotten rid of Bush 2 years ago already, and his punt mishap against the Bears would not have happened, and this would not have happened in the last 2 minutes of the tied NFC Title game last year: This is too wide for me to insert here, it will be 3 times wider than your frame width, so just click it and resize to see it.
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/GorillaNationUSA/fumble_filmstip.jpg
Its actually really small

Gay Ork Wang
01-04-2009, 10:01 AM
the bears mishap was a heads up play by rashied davis who pushed bush into the ball after Dave Toub screamed "short" from the sideline

bigboiajhawk
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I am so happy he is back, because he can still be the scapegoat for all of our defense's problems.

cvv84
06-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I am so happy he is back, because he can still be the scapegoat for all of our defense's problems.

I don't think he's the scapegoat, just that he is what he is and that's a former undrafted free agent whom the Packers picked up on waivers. We all know what the problems the defense has had the past few years and thats mainly stopping the run and last year it was also a lack of a pass rush. While I don't think that Bush is worth the $4.5 million contract that he signed, the Packers can easily cut him because he only has $1 million guaranteed. The first 2 years are pretty cheap too at only $1 million and $1.1 million. The 3rd year is $1.4 million plus $1.6 million in escilators if he earns them in years 1 and 2. So he's cheap, versitle, young, and easy to cut lose if he continues sucking or starts to earn too much in his 3rd year.

bigboiajhawk
12-20-2009, 11:28 PM
I love this thread, why, because I can't stand Bush. Make him a safety, but he is no corner.

tjsunstein
12-21-2009, 08:27 AM
I love this thread, why, because I can't stand Bush. Make him a safety, but he is no corner.

Make him a FA if anything.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Comparing Jarret Bush to Ahmad Carrol is the biggest compliment you could give Bush.

Mr.Regular
12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I think its obvious Jarrett Bush has some dirt on Ted Thompson and is blackmailing him in order to stay on the roster. Its the only explanation really.

cvv84
12-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I was in Puerto Rico during the 2004 NFL draft so when I found a newspaper, which was in spanish, my 1st reactions were we took this Ahmad Carroll guy over Chris Gamble and we took a punter in the 3rd?

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Thank god these two jokes were never on our team at the same time, that would be painful to deal with. Painful enough with one at a time.

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I was in Puerto Rico during the 2004 NFL draft so when I found a newspaper, which was in spanish, my 1st reactions were we took this Ahmad Carroll guy over Chris Gamble and we took a punter in the 3rd?

I think that's where the all-out "hate" for Ahmad Carroll came from. The fact that they drafted this undersized CB over Chris Gamble from a University known for developoing legit professional players.

I would actually have been less upset with them drafting Justin Harrel over Gamble, if the years were the same.

I wonder what type of player Bush and Carroll combined into 1 would make for...

Jim Jim
12-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I wonder what type of player Bush and Carroll combined into 1 would make for...

Frank Walker.

NAVY
01-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Doesn't Carol still play as a back up on some team?

I agree with the majority on this except we had no one better to put on the field. The question I always asked was given that he is going to screw up, why not give him more safety help?